LittleBigPlanet 3

Killzone 3 “From the Ashes” Pack Includes 4 New Maps

Aryeh Loeb's Avatar + Posted by Aryeh Loeb on Jun 17, 2011 // Producer, Guerrilla Games

Today we’re offering a first look at two new maps from the upcoming DLC map pack for Killzone 3, “From The Ashes.” Consisting of two Guerrilla Warfare maps and two Warzone maps, From The Ashes will reinvigorate your Killzone 3 online experience with environments both fresh and familiar.

First up is a preview video of Lente Missile Base, a Warzone map for 24 players set inside an abandoned missile base at the edge of the Kaznan Jungle. One of many outdated defense facilities abandoned after the discovery of nuclear Petrusite, Lente Base is slowly being reclaimed by Helghan’s strange plant life. But when warring ISA and Helghast forces stumble across the remains of the facility, they find that most of its systems are still operational. As both factions vie for control of the base, the facility begins firing its missiles – frying anyone caught in the underground exhaust vents…

The second preview video features Mobile Factory, a Guerrilla Warfare map for 16 players set aboard one of the largest vehicles from the single player campaign. Part resource production facility, part moving fortress, the Mobile Factory is a strategic asset that both factions desperately want to seize control of. Combatants need to watch their step, however, as a single mistake can cause them to plummet into the heavy duty scrap metal shredders at the bottom of the facility. Those looking to do some shredding of their own will be able to wield one of two portable miniguns found in the Mobile Factory.

DLC Pack 3 “From The Ashes” will be available from the PlayStation Store on Tuesday, June 21st for $4.99. But that’s not all! Those of you new to Killzone 3 will be interested to learn that we’re simultaneously releasing the DLC Bundle Pack. As the name implies, this pack bundles the Retro Pack, the Steel Rain Pack AND the From The Ashes Pack – a total of eight maps – for the low, low price of just $9.99. Stay tuned to Killzone.com and the official PlayStation.Blog, because we’ll be posting preview videos of the other two maps in From the Ashes Pack soon.

86 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ Littlegentleman on June 17th, 2011 at 10:20 am said:

omfg first! and 4.99 for 4 maps, i’m in

+ JaY_Ci_415 on June 17th, 2011 at 10:31 am said:

Killzone did need some new maps so that’s not bad at all. I think I’m gonna hop in this. Anyone using the sharpshooter for online?

+ djpaetkau on June 17th, 2011 at 10:32 am said:

Definitely great to see 4 maps for only $4.99! MUCH better value than what the CoD map packs offer.

Any chance there will be some new Operatons maps coming soon though? I’m a big fan of the mode, but having only the 3 maps is getting a little stale.

+ Emerald_Swords on June 17th, 2011 at 10:39 am said:

This is great, but GG should start releasing some Operations Maps!

+ sethchilders on June 17th, 2011 at 10:39 am said:

@1

It’s actually two maps, not four. Even still, this is going to be an awesome map pack.

+ JH-FallenReaper on June 17th, 2011 at 10:43 am said:

damn 4.99 for 4 maps i havent boughten the steel rain map pack yet but its free due to ps plus!!!!im buying steel rain this week and a 20 dollar psn card to buy killzone 3 themes,avatars,and other goodies!!!KILLZONE 3 is the only fps i like and is the only unique one in my opinion!!!Thank Guerrilla Games!!!!im going to turn into a killzone fanboy if this keeps up!!!

+ JH-FallenReaper on June 17th, 2011 at 10:45 am said:

doesnt it say 4 new maps but just previewing 2 of them!!!!

+ aro52 on June 17th, 2011 at 10:45 am said:

@4

Nope, it’ll come with 4 maps. They are only showing 2 of them today. (re-read the first paragraph)

+ KwietStorm on June 17th, 2011 at 10:46 am said:

@sethchilders

It’s 4 maps, it says it right there in the title. The other 2 are Radec Academy and Tharsis depot returning.

+ TUSTIN1 on June 17th, 2011 at 10:47 am said:

Yep, four maps – not bad at all – I may get in on that bundle action…

+ Mike0804 on June 17th, 2011 at 10:47 am said:

It looks like I’ll be getting even more DLC on the 21st than I bargained for. New L.A. Noire case, new Killzone 3 maps, emptier wallet… I’ll gladly pay for these maps, considering I got Steel Rain for free via PlayStation Plus. I can’t wait to tear it up with the minigun.

@JaY_Ci_415 I’m not yet skilled enough with the Sharpshooter to venture online with it.

+ emzee83 on June 17th, 2011 at 10:51 am said:

The new patch added custom soundtracks for MP but it’s still not working for me. Am I the only one who has this problem?

+ WithdrawingDeath on June 17th, 2011 at 10:52 am said:

At the end of the last paragraph they say that they’re only showing 2 and LATER they will preview the other 2 maps!!

+ Emerald_Swords on June 17th, 2011 at 11:02 am said:

+ emzee83,

You need to go into settings and turn on the music setting there- options>audio>system music on

Note that you can’t go into chat if you have music playing at the same time.

+ DanieL_Caldas on June 17th, 2011 at 11:05 am said:

@ Aryeh Loeb

This is just great! Not much to say besides congrats to all Guerrilla Games team!

The DLCs you’ve been releasing are awesome and with the best prices of the market, both appealing to veterans and new comers of the game.

But, most importantly, this one of the best support I’ve ever seen in a game, tied to your fellows at Naughty Dog have been doing with Uncharted 2. You guys are really listening to the community, gathering feedback and doing your best to improve the game. Which is no easy task due to the big amount of jerks out there.

The game is out only a few months and we are on patch 1.10 already! People don’t realize how big this is. I play the best and more popular multiplayers out there and I know most developers don’t care much after the game is out or don’t care at all about listening to the community and try their best to improve the game.

So, one more time, congrats and keep up the good work!

PS: Please release new maps for Operations for the next DLC!

+ JH-FallenReaper on June 17th, 2011 at 11:07 am said:

#13 thanks dude i had the same problem for music even tough i wont use it just want to try it out!!!!!

+ Nightmare142 on June 17th, 2011 at 11:09 am said:

Radec Academy!!!!! can’t wait :)

+ the_FREELANCER on June 17th, 2011 at 11:13 am said:

Awesome maps! Can’t wait to see how Radec and Tharsis turn out!! Now how about some Operations maps?

+ magooser on June 17th, 2011 at 11:24 am said:

Not Beyond Good and Evil…..

+ footballrule on June 17th, 2011 at 11:24 am said:

I’m suprised this game is still getting supported. GG pulled a “release now and patch the heck out of it later” on Killzone 3. You guys should have released the game later, perfected the story mode more, and made more weapons and game modes.

+ YungShep on June 17th, 2011 at 11:25 am said:

Wow! Learn something new everyday, I had no idea custom soundtracks were added back already :-) awesome dlc coming on Tuesday, ill be there. But like the majority suggest..more Operations maps please, that is actually my favorite mode, but rarely play it cause of the 3 maps

+ KazeEternal on June 17th, 2011 at 11:27 am said:

Awesome Map Pack… However if you want to re-invigorate my KZ3 MP experience, get that G** D*** BOT CAP OFF THE ENGINEER JOB!

FIX THE SNIPING PROBLEMS ON YOUR MAPS SO IT ISN’T SO ONE SIDED!

GIVE SNIPERS SPOT AND MARK BACK!

Then give us some legacy spawn grenade modes so we can choose to use spawn claims or spawn grenades for a map.

+ KazeEternal on June 17th, 2011 at 11:28 am said:

GIVE US SIXAXIS VC32 SNIPER RIFLE SUPPORT!

+ letherclad on June 17th, 2011 at 11:32 am said:

That’s a good deal, count me in.

How about some more operations maps?

+ yazter on June 17th, 2011 at 11:39 am said:

What a steal (in a good way)! Great pricing, and the bundle is awesome too! Not that I had to pay for the first two seeing how I got the first DLC in my Collector’s Edition and the second one via PlayStation Plus =D

Can’t wait to actually spend some money on KZ3 DLC this time! =)

+ jqtaxpayer on June 17th, 2011 at 11:42 am said:

I’m pretty tired of paying $60 for a video game and then having developers nickel and dime me for a map here and there or a weapon pack or some such other thing. That said, $5 for four maps is a pretty good deal — that’s three more maps than Activision would give you for $5, right? That two of them are Radec Academy and Tharsis Depot means that I’m certainly going to have to download this.

+ T40Rs731N on June 17th, 2011 at 11:45 am said:

So. Free maps because I am PS+. And now 4 more for 4.99 and I can play with up to 23 friends….. Why do game companies claim this can’t be done when Guerilla has no problem doing it.

+ KwietStorm on June 17th, 2011 at 11:47 am said:

@DanieL_Caldas

Exactly, only a few months old and we’ve had a handful of patches. Many would not applaud that. Support or not, it’s because the game was released broken, not just because they are trying to appease us. Many of the fans already left because GG scrapped everything that made KZ2 what it was.

+ TRU-KILLER-NY on June 17th, 2011 at 11:58 am said:

WHAT EVER HAPPEND TO A PARTY ROOM FOR SOCOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ racingfan312 on June 17th, 2011 at 12:10 pm said:

This is definitely a day one buy.

+ Link01 on June 17th, 2011 at 12:11 pm said:

Lately there been a mild unbalance feel to Killzone 3. A lot of camping and unfair shots happen now since the last few updates. I’m not sure if that just me, but it’s starting to turn me off of the game.

On the side note, I’m happy to hear this getting a great price and finally a release date :D

+ Link01 on June 17th, 2011 at 12:13 pm said:

@ 29, this isn’t Zipper dude…. seriously stop spamming

+ emzee83 on June 17th, 2011 at 12:13 pm said:

thanks Emerald_Swords

+ metalboy921 on June 17th, 2011 at 12:21 pm said:

No thank you… I bought this day one and got the platinum trophy on day 6. On to other things. It’s nice that they are releasing new content though.

+ guitarded77 on June 17th, 2011 at 12:22 pm said:

How about a double XP weekend to go with it!

+ poodude on June 17th, 2011 at 12:33 pm said:

Four maps? $9.99? Very nice.

+ zombie9 on June 17th, 2011 at 12:50 pm said:

Four maps for 4.99 (From The Ashes )the two stages above and the other Two coming soon to to the PS blog nice. they will show them off later.

+ Tasteemobile on June 17th, 2011 at 12:51 pm said:

I won’t be getting this as I don’t play much Killzone, but this is how you price map packs.

+ FfoegNosnibor on June 17th, 2011 at 12:54 pm said:

@26 Totally agree with you. I used to play a lot of FPS multiplayer. This console cycle has created the $80 prie point game. $60 up front, and then nickel and dime with map packs.

If you don’t buy the maps, then you are SOL when it comes to matchmaking.

Games used to come with many more maps, and if you didn’t have a map, all you had to do was download a fre map or happen to be on a multiplayer server that was running said map (still true with some PC titles).

I wish DLC was not so high margin. If people were given map editors and the ability to share maps, it would be awesome. However, I think that train will never arrive in console land.

I think the last MP FPS I played was Halo 2.

Unfortunately, it seems we are in the minority as I look @36 who is happy to get 4 maps for $10.

+ Airwalkinman17 on June 17th, 2011 at 12:59 pm said:

Thank you GG!!!

Hey don’t listen to the whiny idiots. Listen, I couldn’t stand KZ2. But Killzone 3 turned out to be the BEST shooter of this entire generation. I don’t say that lightly. I’ve been gaming since the NES days, and I can assure you that everything in Killzone 3 was amazing. I gigantic leap in quality from its predecessor. Never had I played a more epic co-op split screen game in my life. The controls were superior and more refined than its predecessors, the environments more varied, the pacing of the narrative, the graphics. The online component is always so much fun AND tactical. I could go on and on. I just wanna say that I give you guys at Guerilla Games a HUGE thank you for making an incredible game. I will be there to continue playing and supporting Killzone 3 with the upcoming DLC. Can’t wait :D

Peace

+ NYPUNK88 on June 17th, 2011 at 1:00 pm said:

Holy hell that looks amazing!!! The lighting, oh my the lighting. Guerrilla Games you are my gods! : ) We need new IP that combines RPG elements with a FPS and we need it now!

I love you Sony!

+ Charles_Surge on June 17th, 2011 at 1:07 pm said:

Finally GG and Sony fix the price. Better late than never.

+ thaSLAB on June 17th, 2011 at 1:59 pm said:

@FfoegNosnibor – that’s actually four (4) maps for $4.99, or eight (8) maps for $9.99… pretty good in my opinion.

+ Amans91 on June 17th, 2011 at 2:02 pm said:

great deal for the new map pack but i wanna know….is that it? these are the last maps coming out or what?

+ devilmosh on June 17th, 2011 at 2:06 pm said:

Sweet! I’ll be all over that!

+ BigBoss93 on June 17th, 2011 at 2:25 pm said:

Once GG starts making operations maps then I might buy into kz3 again. I’ll never understand why they would neglect their best game mode.

+ ClinToN on June 17th, 2011 at 2:51 pm said:

By far the most creative environmental hazards in a shooter in a long time. Day one!

+ Cyb3rfr34k-iso on June 17th, 2011 at 3:10 pm said:

yeah PLS! more Operations maps!
btw theses maps look HELGHSOME!!!!
thanks for the low price.

+ coryyumk on June 17th, 2011 at 3:57 pm said: