No Man's Sky

Coming to PlayStation Plus: UNCHARTED 3 Beta, Bomberman ULTRA and Special Offers

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Jun 22, 2011 // Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

PlayStation Plus Logo White

The heat of summer is upon us and we’ve got some scorching content coming to PlayStation Plus in two special publishes on June 28th and July 5th.

First and foremost, PlayStation Plus is offering free and exclusive early access to the highly anticipated UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception Multiplayer Beta on June 28th! Be sure to check out Naughty Dog’s detailed analysis of the game’s revamped multiplayer modes and features so you know what to expect from the all-new arenas, weapon customizations, and booster options.

Check out some of our other highlighted offers below, along with the full list that follows:

UNCHARTED 3 3 wallpaper

Free Games and DLC

PlayStation Plus is offering Hudson Soft’s explosive, multiplayer classic Bomberman ULTRA for free on July 5th. Jump on board classic Bomberman action with up to eight players online in this definitive party game!

Flashback to 13th Century England and lead ghostly armies into battle as Sir Daniel Fortesque in PS One classic MediEvil, also available for free on July 5.

Explore the mysterious and magnificent Monstar World as you attempt to conquer the Roaring Road and feed on the dreams of humans in the charming PS Mini Me Monstar: Hear Me Roar. PlayStation Plus is also offering this for free on July 5.

Finally, as usual, PlayStation Plus is offering the Qore July Episode, packed with behind the scenes footage of upcoming and recent releases, available for free on July 5. Veronica Belmont explores the sand dunes of thatgamecompany’s latest game, “Journey”; gets behind the shield of “Captain America: Super Soldier”; and spends some quality time with industry legend Ted Price to uncover more of Insomniac’s plans for Resistance and Ratchet fans.

Huge Discounts

Be sure to take advantage of the EA Welcome Back Special Offers! The following games are being offered at 40% – 70% discounts, but hurry because they will be taken down on July 5:

• Tetris
  • Shank
  • Dead Space Ignition
  • DeathSpank
  • DeathSpank Thongs of Virtue
  • The Fancy Pants Adventure
  • MicroBot
  • Spare Parts
  • 3 on 3 NHL Arcade
  • Madden NFL Arcade
  • Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters Eagle Pack
  • Funky Lab Rat

Exciting Exclusives

UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception Multiplayer Beta comes free and exclusive to PlayStation Plus on June 28th!

Plus is also offering an exclusive Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition – 4 Avatar Bundle for $0.49 on June 28.

As always be sure to check the full list of new items as well as items that are being taken down from the PlayStation Plus storefronts below:

PlayStation Plus Highlights for 6/28:

Featured Games & DLC

• UNCHARTED 3 Drake’s Deception Multiplayer Beta (Free and exclusive to Plus)
  • Streets of Rage 2 (Free with Plus – a $4.99 value)

Discounted Games

• Funky Lab Rat (Full Game) (PlayStation Plus price $3.00; a 70% discount)
  • Shank (PlayStation Plus price $5.00; a 50% discount)
  • Dead Space Ignition (PlayStation Plus price $2.50; a 50% discount)
  • Deathspank (PlayStation Plus price $7.50; a 50% discount)
  • Deathspank Thongs of Virtue (PlayStation Plus price $7.50; a 50% discount)
  • The Fancy Pants Adventures (PlayStation Plus price $5.00, a 50% discount)
  • Tetris (PlayStation Plus price $5.00; a 50% discount)
  • MicroBot (PlayStation Plus price $5.00; a 50% discount)
  • Spare Parts (PlayStation Plus price $5.00; a 50% discount)
  • Magic Orbz – Sale – (PlayStation Plus price $7.99; a 20% discount)
  • Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom (PlayStation Plus price $3.99; a 20% discount)

Featured Themes & Avatars

• Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition – 4 Avatar Bundle (Exclusive to Plus for $0.49)

PlayStation Plus Highlights for July 5th:

Featured Games & DLC

• Bomberman ULTRA (Free with Plus, a $9.99 value)
  • Me Monstar: Hear Me Roar (Free and Exclusive Plus)
  • Medievil PS one title (Free with Plus, a $5.99 value)
  • Qore July Episode 38 – Single Episode (Free with Plus, a $2 .99 value)
  • MotorStorm Apocalypse Outlaw Vehicle Pack (PlayStation Plus price $1.99; a 20% discount)

Featured Themes & Avatars

• PlayStation Plus Clock Dynamic Theme (Free and exclusive to Plus)

Last Chance, Get Them While You Can – Coming Down on June 28

Discounted Games and DLC

• MAG Interdiction (Free with Plus, a $9.99 value)
  • MAG Escalation Mission Pack (add-on) (Free with Plus, a $9.99 value)
  • Qore May Episode 36 – Single Episode (Free with Plus, a $2 .99 value)
  • The 2D Adventures of Rotating Octopus Character PlayStation minis (Free with Plus, a $3 .99 value)
  • Babel: The King of the Blocks PlayStation minis (Free with Plus, a $2 .99 value)

Featured Themes & Avatars

• Motorstorm Apocalypse: Burning Avatar (Free with Plus, a $0.49 value)
  • Motorstorm Apocalypse: Urban Avatar (Free with Plus subscribers, a $0.49 value)

Last Chance, Get Them While You Can – Coming Down on July 5th

Featured Offers to PlayStation Plus Subscribers

• Magic the Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalkers 2011 (Free with Plus, a $9.99 value)
  • Lilo & Stitch PS one title (Free with Plus, a $5.99 value)
  • Qore June Episode 37 – Single Episode (Free with Plus, a $2 .99 value)

Discounted Games and DLC

• SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs SU90-S Shotgun – Full Store Take Down (Free and exclusive to Plus)
  • SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs: Abandoned Map – Full Store Take Down (Free and exclusive to Plus)
  • Young Thor PlayStation minis (PlayStation Plus price $1.25; a 75% discount)
  • Worms (PlayStation Plus price $6.50; a 50% discount)
  • Tumble (PlayStation Plus price $5.00; a 50% discount)
  • MotorStorm Apocalypse – Remix Vehicle Pack Bundle (PlayStation Plus price $1.99; a 20% discount)
  • MotorStorm Apocalypse – Prestige Vehicle Pack Bundle (PlayStation Plus price $1.99; a 20% discount)
  • Shank (PlayStation Plus price $5.00; a 50% discount)
  • Deathspank (PlayStation Plus price $7.50; a 50% discount)
  • Deathspank Thongs of Virtue (PlayStation Plus price $7.50; a 50% discount)
  • Dead Space Ignition (PlayStation Plus price $2.50; a 50% discount)
  • The Fancy Pants Adventures (PlayStation Plus price $5.00; a 50% discount)
  • Tetris (PlayStation Plus price $5.00; a 50% discount)
  • MicroBot (PlayStation Plus price $5.00; a 50% discount)
  • Spare Parts (PlayStation Plus price $5.00; a 50% discount)
  • 3 on 3 NHL Arcade (PlayStation Plus price $3.00; a 50% discount)
  • Madden NFL Arcade (PlayStation Plus price $5.00; a 50% discount)
  • Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters Eagle Pack (PlayStation Plus price $20.99; a 40% discount)

Featured Themes & Avatars

• Ore Static Theme – Full Store Take Down (Free and exclusive to Plus)
  • Anomalies Static Theme – Full Store Take Down (Free and exclusive to Plus)
  • MotorStorm Apocalypse – Tyler Dynamic Theme (Free with Plus, a $2.99 value)

Enjoy!

+ xDEAD_ROCKERx on June 23rd, 2011 at 10:15 am said:

Have a questin. What about the UC3 code that came whit infamous2???

+ Fusion13 on June 23rd, 2011 at 10:16 am said:

Everyone will have the beta because the Welcome back program’s free PS Plus carry’s over till then. I have a beta code, they should start it now!

+ Sharingan_itachi on June 23rd, 2011 at 10:20 am said:

Why are we getting Streets of Rage 2 (Free with Plus – a $4.99 value) AGAIN? It is already free on the store. That was the highlight of the last week! What is THIS? EXPLAIN

+ JonJonXD on June 23rd, 2011 at 10:26 am said:

Looks okay to me. I’ve wanted to play Medievil for forever haha.

That mini looks like fun too.

Bring us some more free avatars, we seem to get overloaded with themes ;)

+ agzander101 on June 23rd, 2011 at 10:55 am said:

morgan haro i have to say you look like nathen drake! i wish i did!

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on June 23rd, 2011 at 5:44 pm said:

lol, in regular office life I wear glasses. also, i’m not nearly as in shape as he is. also not as funny as he is. *runs and cries in a corner

+ JanLVP on June 23rd, 2011 at 11:19 am said:

I need more SF 3 and Alpha Avatars… they were incomplete.

+ UMH1992 on June 23rd, 2011 at 11:40 am said:

Couple questions here. I activated the PS+ the second it was available. This will get me access to the UC3 beta early, I know, but my Plus will expire on July 3rd. Will I still have access to the beta on July 4th?

Another question, ever since I got the free PS+, I haven’t had to pay sales tax on anything bought in the Playstation Store. Is this a benefit of Plus or is sales tax something you guys just threw away?

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on June 23rd, 2011 at 5:52 pm said:

Although you’ll be able to download the Beta on its release date from the Store, you won’t be able to access it without the Plus membership tied to your account. You can always add more time to your subscription (3month or 1 year) at any time to ensure you don’t miss it. As for sales tax stuff, I’m no expert on that one, but if it works out for you, enjoy!

+ xAToMiC–GaMeRx on June 23rd, 2011 at 11:52 am said:

Thanks For Your Time Morgan.

+ vgamenut on June 23rd, 2011 at 1:51 pm said:

Hey guys, the Playstation Plus Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception Early Access Beta is only for people who actually bought Playstation Plus, not for people who have the free trial…. I have one Beta Code from inFAMOUS 2, and another from paying for PS+, so i’m doing a giveaway on Youtube that you can find here:

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on June 23rd, 2011 at 5:42 pm said:

Sorry friend, that’s not correct information. ANYone who has PlayStation Plus access whether it’s from the Welcome Back package, or from a regular subscription purchase, will be able to access the UC3 Beta; as long as their Plus membership is active.

+ Fredendil on June 23rd, 2011 at 3:55 pm said:

Thank you for replying Morgan! Ok, just to be sure, i won’t wait until the final day, god forbids something happens on my end and i can’t activate my free PS+ on time, lol. Looking forward to playing the beta, thanks again =).

+ jordan23457 on June 23rd, 2011 at 4:42 pm said:

yes cant wait to play uncharted 3 beta.

+ DazeOfWar on June 23rd, 2011 at 5:03 pm said:

I just want to say I am really impressed Morgan. This is the first time in a long time that we have seen some reasonable responses. Please keep this up as it is what a lot of people have been complaining about. Thanks for the great work.

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on June 23rd, 2011 at 5:50 pm said:

appreciate the feedback! happy to be on these posts =)

+ mcbuttz78 on June 23rd, 2011 at 5:12 pm said:

MOrgans pretty helpful.. > we need of this around here. Maybe you can host the ps plus update and answer question on regaulr notice.

Mcbuttz78
vp-psn legioniarre group

+ etur0 on June 23rd, 2011 at 5:36 pm said:

this really sucks my ps3 broke about a week before the welcome back program was release and I don’t have the money to buy a new one or get it fix so I’ll probaly miss out on that

also I’m a ps+ subscriber so I’ll miss out on that stuff to

I wish there was a way for me to download the stuff onto my pc well at least purchase it so I can download it later when I get my pc fix or get a new one

+ jman408 on June 23rd, 2011 at 5:37 pm said:

inFAMOUS 2 is awesome, and when it came with the unchaarted 3 beta, it made it even better

+ kaldenberg01 on June 23rd, 2011 at 9:37 pm said:

How long does the uncharted 3 beta last for

+ m477h43w on June 23rd, 2011 at 11:41 pm said:

can’t wait to play some good ol’ tetris on the big screen with HD, hell yeah. Also excited to own some noobs up in online tetris hahaha

+ Miriachiruku on June 24th, 2011 at 3:49 am said:

Woohoo I want the super street fighter 4: arcade edition avatars.. My god I can picture my avatar as Oni

+ Eddy0526 on June 24th, 2011 at 3:52 am said:

Yeah who ever don’t want the code for u3 cN u give it to me plz and also cant wait till saint row 3 ac revelation bfbc3 mw3

+ rjejr on June 24th, 2011 at 6:18 am said:

Much better update – Bomberman Ultra, MediEvil and Monstar w/ a dynamic clock theme. It’s all the stuff we’re supposed to get w/ Plus. Sony must want those free 30 dayer’s to pony up $50 and stick around. Fine by me.

thanks for all the feedback Morgan

+ mgsnull617 on June 24th, 2011 at 7:45 am said:

Im gonna give uncharted a try and its only cause you seem to be a man of your word Morgan……Sony needs more guys like Him who actually respond to us on posts….You give a little you get a little thats how this world works rite?

+ MakoSOLIDER on June 24th, 2011 at 7:51 am said:

Does the Uncharted Collection that’s coming out contain U@ GOTY edition with all of the DLC?

+ k1llabeastie on June 24th, 2011 at 10:26 am said:

Can’t wait for Uncharted 3 Multiplayer!

+ SolarContract on June 24th, 2011 at 11:09 am said:

This U3 code in Infamous 2 is kinda pointless now that everyone pretty much has plus :\

+ bryantnsh on June 24th, 2011 at 11:40 am said:

I have no bone if I will not have uncharted plus 3 beta?

+ johnnyp70 on June 24th, 2011 at 1:51 pm said:

I really wish people would read the comments/replies in regards to the UC3 beta. Plus is Plus as it pertains to this. Also, those who are complaining about the Infamous 2 code being “useless”, how about these 2 points:

1. If you jumped right in to the plus “Welcome Back” on 6/3, and want the UC3 beta, yes it will expire on 7/3 BUT if you have the code from infamous 2, can’t you just re-download with that, and pick it back up?
2. Don’t you think when they packaged Infamous 2, they really didn’t expect to have to go until 6/3 before they offered the “Welcome Back” program. Duh…

Please stop whining about FREE stuff!

+ sid4peeps on June 24th, 2011 at 2:32 pm said:

Morgan,

What happened to all the items that PLUS members were to get before and during the time that the outage was in effect. Games and content where announced and we never say most of it at all. There was supposed to be updates to the store in general bi-weekly, which only happened once. Playstation Plus content has been quite sub-par the last month, considering there is over a month of content that just vanished. I’m sure you can see why people are upset, one; nobody at Sony answers their questions or acknowledges this vanishing content, and two; the content that has been released is pretty much discounts, just a way to make money on top of money Sony receives from Plus memberships…nothing free…just a few cents off………..

+ agzander101 on June 24th, 2011 at 3:45 pm said:

morgan thanks for replying on my last comment……it was an honor just to get that answer! your also really good at answering these no matter how hard they are. keep up the great work

+ gameplayer1214 on June 24th, 2011 at 8:26 pm said:

When will the beta start for people with the code from Infamous 2

+ DTS_MAN on June 25th, 2011 at 1:07 am said:

+ Morgan Haro on June 23rd, 2011 at 9:40 am said:
Yep, all Plus members. There’s never any different levels of access to Plus. If you’re a member, you get the benefits of whatever is posted.

+ dlowbhb on June 25th, 2011 at 6:00 am said:

Its about time sony got someone who knows how to answer questioned.I hope Mr Haro keeps up the great work.I logged on and i see all these replies i was like oh my god.THANKS Morgan.

+ Autoxfool on June 25th, 2011 at 7:31 am said:

So we basically get a repeat of a prior sale (which just happened) after a pathetic week of sale offerings (i.e. this week) ?? Good grief. Hope this gets better after the world isn’t part of the program, but it certainly was rolling downhill fast before the outage.

HEY MORGAN, how about not picking and choosing who you answer to. Many questions about where’s the content that was posted on this here blog of Sony’s for Plus members, but have not been offered to date.
—–> Why are these questions being avoided??

And for the record, I have no interest in the games that are in question, but when a Plus customer asks a question about content, then you answer posts before and after them, it just shows me a blatant disregard for a paying customer to the service with a very legitimate question.

+ BEBBELS on June 25th, 2011 at 2:37 pm said:

When do we get a discount on red dead redemption undead nightmare?

+ GraveRobberX on June 25th, 2011 at 4:51 pm said:

Hey Morgan is there anything planed for the 1 year anniversary for PSN+?
It would be nice, if there’s a nice incentive for PSN+ users to resubscribe and keep using the amazing service for a long time, good sir.

+ cowjumpovrmoon on June 25th, 2011 at 7:34 pm said:

after the ps plus month for free do you lose what you got for free if you dont subscribe after its over

+ TheExpertPro on June 26th, 2011 at 1:37 am said:

But i DOWNLOADED infamous 2 from psn. Will they send me a code????

+ Cyb3rfr34k-iso on June 26th, 2011 at 8:52 am said:

Garbage update

+ Cyb3rfr34k-iso on June 26th, 2011 at 8:53 am said:

PS+ dont worth a cent

+ Josef217 on June 26th, 2011 at 2:34 pm said:

Nice! that Uncharted 3 mp will be nice. But i got a question O.o when does it end?

+ DRaGoN45WoLF on June 26th, 2011 at 3:59 pm said:

I Believe The Playstation Plus Is Well Worth The Money…Have Streets Of Rage 2…Can’t Wait 4 Golden Axe 2

+ camdendomville on June 26th, 2011 at 5:09 pm said:

Thank you Sony you guys are the best XD

+ albertoargento on June 26th, 2011 at 8:28 pm said:

oh yeah! i like this!!!!

+ alexrubim99 on June 27th, 2011 at 3:40 am said:

Awesome,this is my third beta.I only have the first uncharted so id like to see how it is in multiplayer.I bet its cool.

+ dlowbhb on June 27th, 2011 at 6:28 am said:

@188 I dont agree ps plus is pretty cool. I really didnt know to much about it until the outage but since the neetwork been back up i find myself in the store alot its some pretty cool games in the store. I cant speak for the old classic games though i never been a fan of old games esp not the one’s i played as a kid but besides that its cool.Wait till around the first week of august i bet it will be plenty of good games that get released.

+ wushukan on June 27th, 2011 at 10:06 am said:

I dont understand why the mod only answers certain questions. Its almost as if we are dealing with a politician.

many have asked about the stuff that is missing, from before. Any answers, no.

Someone says the mod looks like a video game character, and guess what. instant response.

So I guess we have to flatter the mod to get a real answer?

+ Cyb3rfr34k-iso on June 27th, 2011 at 11:25 am said:

thats bul l sh it! now they reply to comments?! lol after 1 years WHAT a SHAME!
all this outage was planned BY SONY to PROMOTE PS+.
they never replyed to us for people who actually payed real money
but they reply to the free 1 month users LOLOLOLOL!!!
this is SONY conspiracy!

+ tapouts93 on June 27th, 2011 at 5:57 pm said:

Why cant i get to my account managment online???

+ tomppa97 on June 28th, 2011 at 1:40 am said:

So whether this is just America’s first, and then to other countries, such as: europe? When I looked at the PSN Store, I could not find it there. And I’m from Finland … so?

+ Hi_Vincent on June 28th, 2011 at 3:13 am said:

how come I can’t see the uncharted 3 beta in the us store?

+ BRAVIA_101 on June 28th, 2011 at 4:36 am said:

I am on psn right now and can’t seem to find the uc3 beta anywhere and I do have Psplus…. Did they not release it yet?