PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

PS3 System Software Update (v3.66)

Eric Lempel's Avatar + Posted by Eric Lempel on Jun 22, 2011 // VP, Sony Network Entertainment

A new PS3 system software update, v3.66, will be released soon. With this minor update, system stability during use of PS3 format software and network services has been improved.

831 Comments

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6 7 17

+ JJairo92 on June 22nd, 2011 at 9:04 pm said:

I know this may be off topic but I would really like cross game chat; I don’t see the point of Playstation Plus unless members get special features and cross game chat would be a great feature for Playstation Plus members.

+ Black_Rhino96 on June 22nd, 2011 at 9:05 pm said:

I retract my last comment.. :( 3.65

+ Ssj4Gogita20002 on June 22nd, 2011 at 9:06 pm said:

I understand the reason for updates and how some of them are necessarily to keep hackers at bay and all that great stuff…but the random times these updates decide to kick someone offline is unnecessary. A deadline needs to be set for each update so we all know when we can’t participate online if it hasn’t been installed. I personally been kicked out of COD in middle of a gamebattle three times(each a separate occasions). All I ask is for some kind of notice, I don’t check the blog that often and don’t feel its necessary to check it all the time just to avoid this kind of inconvenient.

+ Ultimate_Tyrant on June 22nd, 2011 at 9:06 pm said:

@190 hahaha i just saw that too, it was sad :(

+ N-I-C-K-95 on June 22nd, 2011 at 9:07 pm said:

i dont understand the comments about black ops freezing i’m thinking that it may have to do with people’s internet because mine rarely ever freezes and i have pretty cheap inernet it’s like att so check into that

+ DRAXTDOA on June 22nd, 2011 at 9:07 pm said:

WE WANT THIS :PARTY CHAT VOICE RECOREDING MUSIC IN GAME OPEN OPEN MESSENGES BY PUSH TH PS BUTTON AND IM BY FINE :D

+ Dimersak on June 22nd, 2011 at 9:07 pm said:

Man most of you just make me sick. Day in and day out you cry like a baby girl who had her lollipop taken away. Just suck the hell up for once and say a simple THANK YOU.

Boohoo, no Cross Over Game Chat – Sony is trying to make us safe in every way possible. Do you care? Nope… only care that you are not getting what you want right this very minute.

Boohoo, Sony got hacked and did not inform us the VERY moment it happened – Hey morons, they had to check into it. Find what ALL had happened. I am sorry, but I would rather wait, then to get a half a$$ed report… that could be completely wrong because they rushed it.

Boohoo it took forever to get the PSN up – Did it matter that Sony was working their a$$ off for us? No all you did was cry, whine, and whimper.

Just sit, and let them do their damn job. I think they are doing great work. If you don’t like it… go buy an XboX, and let it red ring on you within ten minutes of it being out of the box.

Sony, thank you ALL for the hard work you are putting into not only the PSN, but the PS3′s them self. It is much appreciated. Even if you have the two year old jerk offs on here crying.

+ TheRealAlpha2 on June 22nd, 2011 at 9:08 pm said:

Hey guys, ENOUGH ABOUT CROSS CHAT ALREADY!!!
Ever Damn time something gets posted a hundred of you little butt munches scream for this feature. THEY GET IT ALREADY STOP REPEATING YOURSELVES. Do you honestly think that if they could do it at this point they wouldnt have with 300 requests for it every day??? Stop asking they know already, and if they havent done it yet there’s a REASON! And NO, they don’t have to tell you what it is.

+ N-I-C-K-95 on June 22nd, 2011 at 9:09 pm said:

@xxnike629xx i honestly wish i could believe you but i’ll believe you if i actually see it because i read alot of your comments while psn was down and it seemed like trolling to me but its your time not mine well everybody have fun downloading its late for me on the east coast so i’ll jus prolly play it in the morning.

+ ViCi0USV1C on June 22nd, 2011 at 9:09 pm said:

188….THAT DIDNT OFFEND ME THAT WAS SO LAME I WOULD BE EMBARRASSED TO BE YOU RIGHT NOW

+ Black_Rhino96 on June 22nd, 2011 at 9:11 pm said:

update finished.. time to play a round or 2 of cod.. add me if u guys are playing

+ Hank3434 on June 22nd, 2011 at 9:12 pm said:

I really hope Sony isn’t wasting their time on cross game chat. It’s useless. Plus the majority of people requesting it are 13 years old… just saying.

+ Ultimate_Tyrant on June 22nd, 2011 at 9:12 pm said:

@198
Omg im sooo embarrased! some1 on the internet maked fun of me! is the most horrible moment of my life!
anyways time to stop feeding the troll so later bro! peace

+ ViCi0USV1C on June 22nd, 2011 at 9:13 pm said:

^ TRUE and cross game chat is kind of lame

+ ViCi0USV1C on June 22nd, 2011 at 9:14 pm said:

201 BYE KID…and learn to spell

+ duke301 on June 22nd, 2011 at 9:15 pm said:

An update on system stability, huh? Like I really believe that load of bull. Why don’t you tell us what this update is really for?

+ Dimersak on June 22nd, 2011 at 9:16 pm said:

Comments still going on. Stop trolling. No one really cares about Cross Game Chat. As I said. Let them do their jobs and make the software needed to keep our systems safe and running like they should.

If you don’t want it… too bad. There is many more important things out there that need to be done.

+ ChiefsFan44 on June 22nd, 2011 at 9:18 pm said:

hey eric pimple these cheap lame minor updates suck and are really getting old why waste time making these updates

give us some real updates with new features as its getting rally boriing not having any new features and can u please get off your butts and add the promised Cross Game Chat u said was coming in 2011

also why don’t u guys make use of the music feature it sucks i cannot play my own music during games but since microcrap patented it u claim u can’t add it

i say that a BS Lie you can if u had the balls between your legs Can get around microsuck moonolply by forcing game Devs to add it in all u have to do is make it mandtory like u did with the thropies if u can make thropies mandtory you can with in game music as well

why have the section let alone the feature if we can’t use it even in game

so if ypu can’t add cross game chat or ingame music for us in an update then atleast make it mandtory like u did thropies atleast u owe us that

please stop with the midgit updates and give us new features including the 1′s i listed above everyone wants them and u say u hear us so prove it by adding them in either by firmware or by making them mandtory like with thropies thanks

+ ViCi0USV1C on June 22nd, 2011 at 9:20 pm said:

206 SHUT UP NOBODY IS GOING TO READ YOUR POST AND CROSS GAME CHAT IS LAME

+ AUSTIN_BAMA13 on June 22nd, 2011 at 9:21 pm said:

yall nees to add cross game chat, party chat, do the cool things xbox does

+ sleepy092 on June 22nd, 2011 at 9:22 pm said:

How about being able to listen to your own music during gameplay :)

+ xxthe1andonlyxx on June 22nd, 2011 at 9:23 pm said:

Common man no party chat Sony why but I love you! I will be buying PS Vita I love it give me party chat on ps3 I will pay for it One time fee of 20$ plz.

+ diavolatinoboy23 on June 22nd, 2011 at 9:24 pm said:

WHY!? isn’t Music Unlimited Powered By Qriocity NOT IN CANADA?

+ xxthe1andonlyxx on June 22nd, 2011 at 9:25 pm said:

Cross game chat it not lame you are not a hard core gamer.

+ K_Cotto on June 22nd, 2011 at 9:25 pm said:

Sony should make these updates available in the website before our systems tell us to update -.-

+ Ellimak on June 22nd, 2011 at 9:26 pm said:

@2 Word where is the party chat >:/

+ DANO69 on June 22nd, 2011 at 9:26 pm said:

Considering your last updates completely “CORRUPTED” my hard drive I had to replace it. Restoreing multiple times did nothing. And I even tried to use it on my PC to see if it was a complete loss. And sure enough it couldn’t even be formated for that use. Thanks for late to the party update.

+ brndn842 on June 22nd, 2011 at 9:27 pm said:

We want GT5 DLC!

+ xxthe1andonlyxx on June 22nd, 2011 at 9:27 pm said:

Why is cross game chat lame plz tell me.

+ JMONEY0123 on June 22nd, 2011 at 9:28 pm said:

The new software update 3.66 does not work on black ops it still freezes like 2 minutes into the game idk wats wrong wit it but yall should do somthing

+ ggmurry on June 22nd, 2011 at 9:28 pm said:

+ aXe_MuRDeR_BoY on June 22nd, 2011 at 5:09 pm said:

So the sceners are working on making it possible to QA flag any PS3, and you guys make us grab a stupid update to put our PS3s out of affectable firmware range? Just let them hack the damn thing.

lol dude not an Hour Tops w/o you game might just die huh?

+ xxthe1andonlyxx on June 22nd, 2011 at 9:29 pm said:

You are 100% right we do need something new and we shouldn’t have to buy a Playtstation 4 to get it.

+ Tjoeb123 on June 22nd, 2011 at 9:31 pm said:

Okay, let me get this straight: The big hack happened last month, and now you go back to the usual “system stability during use of PS3 format software and network services has been improved” excuse?

+ Narcisstalker on June 22nd, 2011 at 9:32 pm said:

These aren’t updates so much as they are re-imaging.

If these were simple ~5mb hotfixes then they wouldn’t be received with such disdain. Couple a complete re-imaging with little to no added functionality and you have people complaining with each ‘optional’ update which soon creeps into the realm of ‘mandatory’.

I don’t mind frequent updates one bit but when it’s a complete re-imaging which adds little to nothing when I know from personal experience how to implement small incremental fixes then it starts to get annoying to not, at least, be issued a full and complete changelog along with the too frequent re-imaging.

+ Solid240 on June 22nd, 2011 at 9:36 pm said:

Now if it would just let me actually download the freaking escalation map pack, that’d make my day…..

+ mitcho2013 on June 22nd, 2011 at 9:36 pm said:

How bout an update that keeps my PS3 from overheating when I play LA Noire for 5 minutes!?

+ N-I-C-K-95 on June 22nd, 2011 at 9:38 pm said:

@224 lol i think thats just your ps3 dude

+ MastaFlo on June 22nd, 2011 at 9:38 pm said:

Sony its great that you are updating the system, but it would be more helpful to us consumers if you would describe what your actually updating in more detail?

Also as everyone else has said [This is my wish list] in the next update if it ever comes 3.67 could you bring in

Custom Avatars -create are own or get a photo from pictures folder or browse from usb)
Remove Text Chat For (Party System) Cross Game Voice Chat
Ability To Play Music From PS3 While Playing A Game
Custom Online UserName- change text/color
Custom Border Background for online username, keep the colors- add like camo, rainbows or tiles from are favorite games or something/allow players to make their own.
Custom Star-Change Star Level Trophy Display Above Online Username
iPhone and iPod support to Upload Pictures and Listen to Music.

+ biggE-77 on June 22nd, 2011 at 9:39 pm said:

iNeed To Downoad The Update On My Usb Because My Wi-Fi Sukks. Dx

+ Spectram on June 22nd, 2011 at 9:43 pm said:

I don’t see why they can’t give us cross game chat… If they didn’t have the resources to intregrate it in to PSN.. A Simple soluction would be to have a small Skype portable version running that could be used in XMB.

+ BigAlWink on June 22nd, 2011 at 9:44 pm said:

Can someone explain to me why everyone wants cross game voice chat. Its so stupid. If your not playing with them online then why do you need to talk to them? Seems kinda pointless to me, and if you want or need to talk to them the created this amazing invention long before internet and headsets. Its called a telephone. Then they created a cellphone perhaps pick one of those up and call them. Pretty nifty idea huh.

+ Spectram on June 22nd, 2011 at 9:48 pm said:

@BigAlWink

Because I have a group of friends, not sure one friend.. sorry that you only have one RL friend.

It’s relaxing that after a hard day at work, I can kick back and chat with my friends that I’ve been friends with since 2nd grade with a beer in my hand and gaming.

I feel this is one of the main reasons why people feel XBL is better… Because as far as actually having friends, and gaming with friends,, XBL wins because they actually give updates for their fans.

+ DarkShadow10209 on June 22nd, 2011 at 9:49 pm said:

I want a major update for pay with Paypal, In-Game Cross Chat, Internet Radio, more Music Player Visuals, better Internet Browser, PS Blog Integration, Skype, Youtube, but thanks for update and improved of the security. Thanks PS3… :D

+ DNA_Jc on June 22nd, 2011 at 9:50 pm said:

Yay, finally.

+ donte1337 on June 22nd, 2011 at 9:51 pm said:

cross game voice chat?

+ ITempTIxJ on June 22nd, 2011 at 9:51 pm said:

Can we atleast know what you are updating?

+ donte1337 on June 22nd, 2011 at 9:53 pm said:

cant Sony hire some super genius Operating System programmers to lower the memory footprint for the PS3 Operating System to like 10mb then add cross game voice chat and ability to play 3rd party audio while playing games

+ drupy28 on June 22nd, 2011 at 9:56 pm said:

hey so um mine was around 48% and than it turned off and and my 60 inch tv went off for a moment. than i turned it on and went back to the update thingy and it said it was already installed.
confused..

+ angelspawn77 on June 22nd, 2011 at 9:57 pm said:

These are great and all, but what would be fantastic is an update that actually gives us new features or something, you know like we used to get? Come on sony!

+ Wareham1 on June 22nd, 2011 at 9:57 pm said:

This update fixed my themes “minis” icon .. The last update set it to the default icon when they renamed it.
As for what else it does .. I have no idea

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6 7 17