LittleBigPlanet 3

Revisiting Hillys: Beyond Good & Evil HD Coming to PSN Next Week

Alex Monney's Avatar + Posted by Alex Monney on Jun 22, 2011 // PR Specialist, Ubisoft

The time has almost come for you to join Jade on her quest to uncover a planet-wide alien conspiracy. For those of you that are new to Beyond Good & Evil, you will be able to partake in a hidden gem that 1UP says is “still a treasure today.” For the veterans of the series, you’ll experience the best version of Beyond Good & Evil HD that we have to offer, including updated visuals and audio. Still don’t believe me?! Well, check out our new trailer including a handful of our favorite review quotes:

As a quick reminder, we will be offering two free PlayStation Network avatars for all purchasers who pick up Beyond Good & Evil HD within the first two weeks of launch. I personally will be switching my avatar to Pey’j (he’s a pig with a wrench… what’s not to like?!).

Keep your eyes out for Beyond Good & Evil HD to hit the PlayStation Network next Tuesday for $9.99.

+ lisatsunami on June 22nd, 2011 at 2:58 pm said:

Hey, Ubisoft dude, thanks for the $10 Assassins Creed on PSN. Best ten buck game ever. I want to know all of the Assassin universe before Revelations.

Alex Monney's Avatar

+ Alex Monney on June 22nd, 2011 at 4:54 pm said:

Assassin’s Creed is definitely one of those games you get sucked into. Glad you enjoyed it.

Also, nice avatar! :)

+ gor1llap1mp on June 22nd, 2011 at 3:16 pm said:

How is this “the best version”? Dont tell me that a couple of avatars makes this “the best version”. Im gonna assume that was a typo.

+ gor1llap1mp on June 22nd, 2011 at 3:20 pm said:

“Theres just more thing” said Columbo. How id this a “series” if theres only 1 game?

+ Destiny89 on June 22nd, 2011 at 3:21 pm said:

finally! been waiting for this

+ kawaiigamr on June 22nd, 2011 at 3:22 pm said:

about time :D

+ mcbuttz78 on June 22nd, 2011 at 3:25 pm said:

you guys need to bring back kya dark linage from ps2. Thats a classic . that neve got played or the right exposer. it also need a sequel to the end of that game.@ Psn team jef. rey . gracie and who else works there

mcbuttz78
vp-psn legionairee group

+ marlyt on June 22nd, 2011 at 3:27 pm said:

Whine about x-game chat all you want. I’m just talking about when the solution is apparent, they still get bashed. It’s never good enough for some people.

+ ajayghosal on June 22nd, 2011 at 3:39 pm said:

what about the ps+ discount u promised in may ? does that still apply. i didnt forget u know

+ Light__KraZe on June 22nd, 2011 at 3:48 pm said:

“you’ll experience the best version of Beyond Good & Evil HD that we have to offering”

Shouldn’t it be “we have to offer” * ?

Alex Monney's Avatar

+ Alex Monney on June 22nd, 2011 at 4:58 pm said:

D’oh! I get too excited talking about games sometimes so typos slip through.

Thanks for pointing it out though!

+ DoTheKiller91 on June 22nd, 2011 at 3:51 pm said:

Anyone knows when Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil Code Veronica HD is comming to the store?

+ lisatsunami on June 22nd, 2011 at 3:53 pm said:

Hey, no correcting a guest blogger. Especially since he’s probably a foreigner. Is your French grammar & syntax perfect? I know mine isn’t

+ lisatsunami on June 22nd, 2011 at 3:55 pm said:

@55: I would have said it’s what we Americans do best, complain but I’ve frequented the euro blog & whining is universal.

+ PainOfSarrow on June 22nd, 2011 at 4:05 pm said:

Beyond Good & Evil… so this is the game every one ben complaining about ? children, this looks like veryyy boringgg.

+ CyberMeerkat on June 22nd, 2011 at 4:38 pm said:

ha we got it in europe

+ amanofsilence on June 22nd, 2011 at 4:58 pm said:

Yakuza 3 just took my hard drive space, so I hope my bigger hard drive gets here by then so I can see what all the fuss is about this game on the first day of release. It looks fun.

+ ChairOfCheese on June 22nd, 2011 at 5:03 pm said:

Any word on a release date for the splinter cell HD bundle???

+ Ecks on June 22nd, 2011 at 5:08 pm said:

I loved this on PS2, but at the time, was annoyed that it was in widescreen, since at the time, television sets with that ratio were an expensive rarity. I’ll definately buy this on PSN to play it again.

+ Fenrisulfr_ on June 22nd, 2011 at 5:44 pm said:

I’ll be back later because apparently I’m still dreaming and I don’t want to wake up.

+ plaztiksyke on June 22nd, 2011 at 6:29 pm said:

I couldn’t wait and tried out the demo from the German PSN, and it is off-the-hook AMAZING. $10 is a great price point for the value delivered. It is great to see Ubisoft put a little more work into this than the PoP HD versions, which I felt could have used a little more texture re-authoring and a LOT more re-encodes of video and audio from original assets.

The half-spoken/half-read dialogue is a little irksome, but that’s the way the original game was with all it’s charm. I personally like reading dialogue better sometimes, like in Costume Quest and Stacking, since the comedy can sometimes work better that way.

Great job, Ubisoft!

+ ProSoldier14 on June 22nd, 2011 at 6:43 pm said:

What ever happened to the Splinter Cell collection?

+ TheWarOrphan on June 22nd, 2011 at 7:06 pm said:

PSN EU Gets this before the states and with a PS+ discount!!! *SIGH*

+ bastion6six6 on June 22nd, 2011 at 7:28 pm said:

Care to elaborate on why no PS+ discount? It was originally scheduled as so…so why not now?

+ StackedPancakes on June 22nd, 2011 at 7:42 pm said:

No Platinum trophy = No sale. Of all the games to not have a platinum, why did it have to be this one? And why is it always 12 trophies per downloaded PSN game? You stingy , evil monkeys!!

One more thing, Will Assassin’s Creed 2 be available for $9.99 again? I had no idea it was on sale a few weeks back and thought it was a permanent price drop. So, I unfortunately missed out. I never saw a notice of any kind.

+ Venom1976 on June 22nd, 2011 at 8:43 pm said:

okay everyone you got your date now stop whining!

+ adolson on June 22nd, 2011 at 8:58 pm said:

I’ll buy it anyhow because it’s one of my favorite games ever, but it’s kinda lame to be a Plus member, being told we’ll get a discount, and now, nope, no discount.

+ Skeetlejuice on June 22nd, 2011 at 9:04 pm said:

Hi everyone,

Are you ready for two more rounds of new PlayStation Plus content? Well, April continues to be the biggest Plus month ever in terms of content offerings with some huge discounts and free games coming your way over the next two weeks! As announced on the PlayStation Europe blog last week, we’ve secured a deal with Ubisoft to offer all Plus subscribers 20% discounts on the games Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes (available now), Outland (coming April 26), and Beyond Good and Evil (coming this May).

so i’m not buying this for 10, back up your promises sony.

+ sheik_ah on June 22nd, 2011 at 10:22 pm said:

Patience brings rewards. ^_^ This is a great game and I can’t wait until it’s release. Everyone has to play this, so as soon as I buy the hd version I’m lending out my ps2 version to all of my friends.

I’m glad the video game industry is starting to recognize their vast history of games with these re-releases. All too often gamers are forced to shuffle through used and scratched copies to find gems that should be treasured.

+ JWSThree on June 22nd, 2011 at 10:41 pm said:

Thank you for getting this release lined up for us, I am looking forward to playing it. I hope that the 20% discount for Plus will apply when this hits the store!

+ mermaidkween on June 22nd, 2011 at 11:36 pm said:

Why, it’s my favorite PR rep, Alex! :D hehehe.

+ Cysquatch813 on June 23rd, 2011 at 12:33 am said:

Nice, only $10!? That’s awesome, I am totally gonna get this next week…never got to play back in the day, but I’ve heard so many good things. It’s even better now with the updated stuff and trophies :)

+ Redikol on June 23rd, 2011 at 1:25 am said:

One of my favorite games ever! Double H, was one of my favorite characters, i really hope to see him in Beyond Good & Evil 2.

+ PimblyCharles on June 23rd, 2011 at 1:54 am said:

well it’s about bloody time

+ acridweasel on June 23rd, 2011 at 2:44 am said:

Hey US folks.
Just so you know, $9.99 roughly equates to £6.23 which is approximately the price we pay in UK *AFTER* the Plus discount.
You may still think you should also get the 20% discount, but I’d forego any Plus discounts to enjoy the prices you guys pay. :)

+ lisatsunami on June 23rd, 2011 at 3:37 am said:

@79: thanks for that perspective. Won’t stop the whiners, but thx. O, kudos to Scotland Yard for arresting the Playstation hacker, allegedly.

@73: I agree, I appreciate the reissues so newer gamers like me can play great games that were originally on an older console. Gaming democracy! Except for Uncharted. And InFamous. D@mn on losing Demon/Dark Souls exclusivity. I hope they reissue Okami, too.

Hey Ubisoft dude: I forgot to say that Ubisoft won E3. Incredible presentation. Oh, for my peeps I mean won E3 after Sony of course.

+ Tridon on June 23rd, 2011 at 4:32 am said:

I LOVE this game. Owned for years on my ‘Cube and only recently got rid of it when I found out about the HD re-release. Thanks, Ubisoft!

+ Sindred on June 23rd, 2011 at 5:29 am said:

Bought, though I wish you guys had bought it to PS3 at the same time, since the game enjoyed stronger sales on PS2.

+ Buchi1324 on June 23rd, 2011 at 6:13 am said:

looks pretty kool any local mp or online? or just sp?

+ jayman9207 on June 23rd, 2011 at 7:23 am said:

IT IS ABOUT TIME!!!!

+ vimm1 on June 23rd, 2011 at 8:00 am said:

FAIL!
I just got mine yesterday from Microsoft. You ignore me every time I ask about this game. So I download it from Xbox and you immediately announce it will be out next week.

+ DuoMaxwell007 on June 23rd, 2011 at 8:02 am said:

Well according to this post :

dated april 13th (before the outage)

“As announced on the PlayStation Europe blog last week, we’ve secured a deal with Ubisoft to offer all Plus subscribers 20% discounts on the games Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes (available now), Outland (coming April 26), and Beyond Good and Evil (coming this May)”

So youre saying the discount thats clearly stated there is writing no longer applies even though, EU got that discount… . So not only do US PSN members have to wait 3 weeks after EU to get the game we also dont get the 20% discount (for ps+) member that we were supposed to get (according to that blog post)? Yeah thats fair.

+ jjayman_is_cool1 on June 23rd, 2011 at 8:59 am said:

I love games like that. BUt i got to play the demo. when the demo is comeing out so i can play it?

+ kivi95 on June 23rd, 2011 at 9:00 am said:

Hey i bought the game last week but i didn’t get 2 free avatars???

+ Deathspear666 on June 23rd, 2011 at 9:05 am said:

Woohooo a kiddie platformer….

+ jjayman_is_cool1 on June 23rd, 2011 at 9:21 am said:

YO when u get this blog Kivi95 how was the game

+ adolson on June 23rd, 2011 at 9:25 am said:

@93 Deathspear666

wow, you’re ignorant.

+ anotherdae on June 23rd, 2011 at 9:29 am said:

2 free avatars is not a good incentive to re-buy a game. How about a discount for owning the original?

+ I-Draikin-I on June 23rd, 2011 at 9:31 am said:

Where’s the patch for the bugged inverted controls? Ubisoft’s technical support promised this would be fixed, the community waited but no patch was ever released and now even the PSN version has the exact same bugs? I guess the ending sequence is still bugged as well then? It’s pathetic how Ubisoft has completely ignored any and all of the feedback the community provided for the HD conversion, both before and after the launch.

+ SpyDudeFX on June 23rd, 2011 at 10:58 am said:

Wait, no 20% off as promised?

+ dottyduke1 on June 23rd, 2011 at 11:23 am said:

I loved the first game even though I didn’t get far into it. haha But I will be sure to beat this game since there are trophies added to it. I’m kind of a trophyholic!

+ tylerh1701 on June 23rd, 2011 at 1:25 pm said:

Thanks @Alex Monney for the reply about PS+ discount. I’m disappointed we don’t get it, but we very rarely get clarification on anything here at the Sony Blog, so I appreciate that.