Horizon Zero Dawn

Jun 23

Jun 23

inFAMOUS 2 Now Available on PSN as Full Game Download

Wilson Cheng's Avatar Posted by Product Marketing Manager, SCEA

inFAMOUS 2 for PS3

Download the game that everyone is talking about! Today we’re happy to announce that the full inFAMOUS 2 game is now available for download on PSN.

If you are a PlayStation Plus member, you can play up to 60 minutes of the full game for free as a trial and even earn in-game Trophies (Trophies will be realized after purchasing the full game). The cost for the game will be $59.99. Visit the New Releases category on PlayStation Store to download the game today! If you aren’t familiar with the inFAMOUS series, you can now also download the original inFAMOUS game for free on PSN as part of the “Welcome Back” program. For more information, please visit www.infamousthegame.com.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 4

sethchilders said:

June 23rd, 4:31 pm

I already own the retail version of inFAMOUS 2, but this is a good opportunity for more people to see how great inFAMOUS 2 is.

Rick1220 said:

June 23rd, 4:32 pm

You should have had this up there sooner! I already bought the disc version. Couldn’t wait any longer! Lol

D0ughb0y211 said:

June 23rd, 4:35 pm

Smart, let people buy inFAMOUS with welcome back and they will want inFAMOUS 2. Such a wonderful plan, now inFAMOUS 3!!!!

Heisem said:

June 23rd, 4:36 pm

ouch 15gb

Microshock said:

June 23rd, 4:37 pm

They didn’t put this on the store at launch because they need to give retail a headstart so they don’t get angry. Retail needs to be kept happy.

Benmo316 said:

June 23rd, 4:38 pm

Awesome! I hope this will lead to more big releases able to be downloaded. I’m sick of driving 30 minutes to the city to get games. I can do other things while it’s downloading to my PS3, it’s better than wasting gas!

Lapwner said:

June 23rd, 4:40 pm

Wow, is it REALLY 15GB? That’s insane for a download…considering I’m only allowed 60GB/month with my internet. The Full Game trial isn’t worth it IMO for only 60 mins of play if it’ll take a whole day to download. Either way, good idea. They should release more full games on PSN.

hulkrock said:

June 23rd, 4:44 pm

Waiting for the Uncharted Franchise to be placed on the PSN, Playstation will be doing an even better job if they do this (which I know they will). Later this year I’m hoping they place Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception on the PSN store just like they did with InFamous 2. Playstation is awesome for doing this! Can’t wait to see what they do next!!

Trino_elrich said:

June 23rd, 4:45 pm

Better off buying the actual game… saves you memory.. a lot at that.

WEIRD-PASSWORD said:

June 23rd, 4:45 pm

Awesome!

Nintendo451 said:

June 23rd, 4:46 pm

What about all of those retailer-specific download codes? Since those aren’t even an option with a PSN download, will those be made available to digital buyers, or will they have to wait for the DLC to be released to the public?

TarzanSr said:

June 23rd, 4:47 pm

I have a 500GB hard drive for my PS3 OH YEA inFAMOUS 2. I am thinking about returning my disc copy and downloading the digital one!

famous3a4 said:

June 23rd, 4:48 pm

Infamous 2 is a good game :)

Wilson Cheng's Avatar

Wilson Cheng said:

June 24th, 2:01 pm

thanks, glad you are enjoying it

killuchun said:

June 23rd, 4:49 pm

is not that bad, not everybody have limited or slow internet connection. The ps3 exclusive games are specially large, and that’s normal… if doesn’t, why BD?.
Anyway I prefer to buy the disc rather than download it, IMHO it’s always good to have more purchase options.

CaSShMoNey said:

June 23rd, 4:50 pm

How does DLC work with downloaded games. Would I have to wait for dlc to come to the digital version or will dlc come out same day as disc version?

Creative_ae said:

June 23rd, 4:50 pm

PS3 CROSS GAME CHAT PS3 CROSS GAME CHAT PS3 CROSS GAME CHAT PS3 CROSS GAME CHAT PS3 CROSS GAME CHAT PS3 CROSS GAME CHAT PS3 CROSS GAME CHAT PS3 CROSS GAME CHAT PS3 CROSS GAME CHAT PS3 CROSS GAME CHAT PS3 CROSS GAME CHAT PS3 CROSS GAME CHAT PS3 CROSS GAME CHAT PS3 CROSS GAME CHAT PS3 CROSS GAME CHAT PS3 CROSS GAME CHAT PS3 CROSS GAME CHAT PS3 CROSS GAME CHAT PS3 CROSS GAME CHAT PS3 CROSS GAME CHAT PS3 CROSS GAME CHAT PS3 CROSS GAME CHAT PS3 CROSS GAME CHAT PS3 CROSS GAME CHAT PS3 CROSS GAME CHAT PS3 CROSS GAME CHAT PS3 CROSS GAME CHAT PS3 CROSS GAME CHAT

We want this option!!!!!!!!
Is it really that hard to add!

rienji said:

June 23rd, 4:50 pm

great!

stargateheaven said:

June 23rd, 4:50 pm

@5 but it was in the EU store the day it came out.
Also it was overpriced .. WAY overpriced.

eaglefan129 said:

June 23rd, 4:52 pm

I agree with trino just a easier to buy it retail

relient_eggs said:

June 23rd, 4:53 pm

Hopefully, in this game, there won’t be enemies around every freaking corner and on every freaking rooftop like it was in the first one…

Claire_Farron_ said:

June 23rd, 4:55 pm

Awwww, and I just started Infamous. Now I want Infamous 2. lol

Wilson Cheng's Avatar

Wilson Cheng said:

June 24th, 2:02 pm

glad to have you on board the inFAMOUS train!

lisatsunami said:

June 23rd, 4:56 pm

Why? Why would they do this for a game just released this month? Surely this is not a harbinger? I’m not sure I like this idea. Wait a few months, or lose retail space in retaliation. Or, is this for exclusives only?

jose213jose said:

June 23rd, 4:56 pm

u made my day but u need to fix the freezing’s during gameplay first.

BeerManMike said:

June 23rd, 4:57 pm

Why in the hell would anyone buy the game digital and not a retail hard copy? How stupid can you be?

Arcadian_Rebel said:

June 23rd, 4:57 pm

Just bought the retail version today!

Wilson Cheng's Avatar

Wilson Cheng said:

June 24th, 2:05 pm

thanks a lot, appreciate the support

Ph03n1x7 said:

June 23rd, 4:57 pm

Im getting it

jose213jose said:

June 23rd, 4:58 pm

59.99$ to much sony, i can why u want 59.99$ for disc but for download not worth buying then unless the price drops down more to 39.99$ i think download is only worth 29.99$ not some 59.99$ unless its on disc version then.

KazeEternal said:

June 23rd, 4:58 pm

wow in the time it took me to get a Platinum trophy for this game you guys managed to get it online….. no that isn’t a compliment.

D-Squad3 said:

June 23rd, 5:00 pm

Already happy with my Hero Edition.

lisatsunami said:

June 23rd, 5:00 pm

@17 relientegg, but that was the fun of Infamous. Shooting lightning out my hands at almost everything that moved? My idea of a good time.

NeoHumpty said:

June 23rd, 5:01 pm

I still don’t understand how it is that a downloaded game costs as much (more if you look for a deal) as a physical copy. Doesn’t creating the disc and packaging, shipping and paying off retailers for promotional space add up to some amount that could save the buyer a few bucks? DL games should be at least $10 cheaper, and if they aren’t, they aren’t worth the HD space.

BJtheLegend said:

June 23rd, 5:03 pm

15GB? WOW.

mcbuttz78 said:

June 23rd, 5:03 pm

thats huge dl. I played the demo at game stop it very good. Im very impressed.

TomHoang said:

June 23rd, 5:03 pm

@28 NeoHumpty

You took the words right out of my mouth. There should be an incentive to download the game over a physical copy. On PSN, Sony is not losing any money to retailers, so the game should cost less than retail copies. Why it is $59.99 on PSN is beyond me. Look how cheap the game is on Amazon.

DaWolf619 said:

June 23rd, 5:03 pm

I really feel a download game should be much cheaper than Retail.
Hopefully one day companies will stop worrying about retail sellers and give downloaded games proper pricing.

whatisdelicious said:

June 23rd, 5:04 pm

Wow, that was quick! Excellent job guys. Keep doing this with more games!

OahuGrown said:

June 23rd, 5:04 pm

15G. No PROBLEMO.

nYcFrEeWiLL82 said:

June 23rd, 5:07 pm

so your telling me that out of the 50 gb on the disc only 15gb is being used..SMH …thats sad…when are game devs going to take the blueray disc serious. With the amount of memory on it there should be multiplayer and co-op >:/ someone couldve bin playing Zeke or one of the ice or oil chicks ..hpefully they keep this in mind for the next infamous game.

Swedish-Gangster said:

June 23rd, 5:07 pm

where is crash commando? it was supposed to be free during the outage

bakerarmy said:

June 23rd, 5:07 pm

Disc sales must be bad, what u expect when u give the first one away. I been playing Duke Nukem and love it, it is a breath of fresh air. Driving the truck and running out of gas is classic. You will have to wait Cole……….

Solid-Snake-Eyes said:

June 23rd, 5:10 pm

It’s cool to have this as an option, but the download version should be at least a little cheaper than the physical version.

NoGodsOnlyMan said:

June 23rd, 5:15 pm

Love the digital concept

HATE the PRICE!!!!!

is obvious the people behind this system dont want it to be a run away success

imagine new gaes at $40 on the PS store
why $40???
a- no resale value
b- cant trade with friends to try out their games

overall

digital games is a great idea, the price is the worst

Camaargo said:

June 23rd, 5:16 pm

Yeah, thats an awesome game. Hope they give more gams like that in PlayStation Plus, but for free.

bakerarmy said:

June 23rd, 5:18 pm

@35 just because there is space on the disc, it dosen’t mean you have to fill it. Be glad it is on BR or like the xbox it would be 2 discs. L.A. Noire was almost 6 disc, but the compressed the crap out of it and got it down to 3.

What makes me mad is when you buy the game for full retail, and they have day one dlc that is already on the disc. It is just business, but it is not ethical!!!

Cobbil said:

June 23rd, 5:21 pm

Where is the Dissidia DLC you promised 3 weeks ago?! I’m not gonna stop asking. Stop ignoring people Sony.

kritacul said:

June 23rd, 5:23 pm

This is great but 15gbs may hurt some people.
But I know a few people who’ll get this over the retail version now.

fathead170 said:

June 23rd, 5:26 pm

this is lame they didnt say anything about releaseing this game digitally until now. ugh i just bought the retail version but would much prefer the digital version :( thanks sony for leaving us in the dark until the mintue like always

Flynnlives101 said:

June 23rd, 5:26 pm

if any one can help me please!!!!! my house got broken into and they stole my all my games but luckly thay dident steal my ps3 if anyone can game transfer infamus 2 it will be great

fathead170 said:

June 23rd, 5:28 pm

they should ban scammer like u flyn who in there right mind would just steal the games an not the ps3

OldKai said:

June 23rd, 5:28 pm

I’d have to upgrade my hard drive before I even thought about doing this. These full retail games take up a bit much on space. The only reason I have the digital version of the first Infamous is due to the Welcome Back program.

PAGE 1 2 3 4