PS4 - Transistor

inFAMOUS 2 Now Available on PSN as Full Game Download

Wilson Cheng's Avatar + Posted by Wilson Cheng on Jun 23, 2011 // Product Marketing Manager, SCEA

inFAMOUS 2 for PS3

Download the game that everyone is talking about! Today we’re happy to announce that the full inFAMOUS 2 game is now available for download on PSN.

If you are a PlayStation Plus member, you can play up to 60 minutes of the full game for free as a trial and even earn in-game Trophies (Trophies will be realized after purchasing the full game). The cost for the game will be $59.99. Visit the New Releases category on PlayStation Store to download the game today! If you aren’t familiar with the inFAMOUS series, you can now also download the original inFAMOUS game for free on PSN as part of the “Welcome Back” program. For more information, please visit www.infamousthegame.com.

+ get_smrt23 on June 23rd, 2011 at 10:52 pm said:

I only got 5/40gb free space :( All the game data
takes so much space up!!!!!!!!!!!

+ DOOMkillz on June 23rd, 2011 at 11:15 pm said:

GAME OF THE YEAR!!
NUFF’ SAID…

Wilson Cheng's Avatar

+ Wilson Cheng on June 24th, 2011 at 1:57 pm said:

I’m glad you enjoyed the game

+ ToFeY on June 23rd, 2011 at 11:18 pm said:

YAY but i already have the retail version :P

+ that-acmilan-guy on June 23rd, 2011 at 11:27 pm said:

Sounds good giving us option to go digital, hope to see more games like this releasing the same day or close to the retail release.

+ redbox725 on June 24th, 2011 at 12:15 am said:

@beermanmike What do you mean by how stupid can people get? If you have a big enough hard drive getting a download version (with the right price) is far superior to the retail disc. At least with the download it isn’t going to get damaged and if things go wrong so what, it’s still in your account just go download it again. The only reason i can see for saying its stupid is because you haven’t upgraded your hard drive. A 750GB unit only costs around £50 ($65USD)

+ Dizzle1234 on June 24th, 2011 at 12:37 am said:

i love this game so that’s why i got the hero edition because of the backpack i hope there will be a infamous3

+ hippiesanta on June 24th, 2011 at 2:08 am said:

the good thing about download is
+nobody can borrow it
+you unable to sell it but can share 5 times with another console

+ BuchNasty on June 24th, 2011 at 3:12 am said:

@24 I agree. Unless you’re going to charge me WAY less if I buy the game digitally, I want a hard copy. I don’t think many kids are into having a game collection though like the people who are 20+ which is kinda lame but w/e. Regardless this game is amazing and I definitely believe it could be a runner up for game of the year. Also… PS3 CROSS GAME CHAT!

+ Miriachiruku on June 24th, 2011 at 3:45 am said:

I already bought the disc.. too bad I did not get the hero edition because I couldn’t get a pre order.. I was really gunning for the hero edition.. The back pack rocks!

+ NinjaNabs on June 24th, 2011 at 4:09 am said:

dont worry people.we’re gonna get a infamous 3 trailer at the E3 2012.probably.

+ BBurgSteve on June 24th, 2011 at 4:39 am said:

@Demoni (post #86): That is called gamesharing and is in violation of Sony’s Usage Rules. You should never share your account information with anyone else, anyway.

The only legitimate reason Sony allows for software use on up to 5 PS3s is for multiple PS3s within the same household.

+ David–Clark on June 24th, 2011 at 5:08 am said:

it’s a good Idea 2 let people try this EPIC game.. good luck every 1

+ magooser on June 24th, 2011 at 5:16 am said:

Retail version for me. You can’t trade in the digital version after you beat it. Plus 15 gb….ouchers.

+ kvneat on June 24th, 2011 at 5:28 am said:

How come the download version isn’t cheaper? Wtf ist this crap?

+ PaRaLyCeD on June 24th, 2011 at 6:06 am said:

Is Minecraft coming to the Playstation 3??

+ Frejim on June 24th, 2011 at 6:57 am said:

how come price is the same as a retail physical Bluray disc?

+ Crow_50 on June 24th, 2011 at 7:25 am said:

I would like to thank all the fools who run out and buy new games. Two months after they come out I get them used for half price. Never buy new games they are over charging for them.

+ shyguyNC on June 24th, 2011 at 7:34 am said:

@111 – sharing account information is specifically forbidden in the TOS. gamesharing itself is not, I’ve seen Sony reps say as much on the forums. If you go physically enter your account info in your friend’s ps3, it’s totally fine. not to start this whole argument again – there’s always a lot of confusion as this is a feature Sony initially implemented intentionally, then wished they could take back later when people started abusing it. (people that don’t even know each other in real life trading passwords and such).

+ Fareo on June 24th, 2011 at 7:41 am said:

I dont understand this…

its 15gb of space, can only be downloaded 5 times then you have to pay full price for it again. flat out destroys some peoples internet plans and yet its the same price as the disc release? Why would we bother with this when we can get it on amazon right now for $54.99. If the $59.99 price point also includes the box/instructions, shipping and retailer mark up? Why are we paying the same for it on the PSN which should have none of those mark ups, you guys are getting a extra mark up of profit on each PSN full release we buy and we get a large chuck of our hard drive gone and a large chuck of our monthly internet gone. You are not helping push this industry into a digital at all…

+ TONY-Q on June 24th, 2011 at 7:47 am said:

i had someone ask me once to share games, i was “what the hell is that?” then that person explained to me… yea ok, ill jus hand u over my acc info… sure here u go, then im supposed to trust u to do the same for me?! go find some other sucker for that B.S scam… i could understand if its someone u trust n know personally, but some dude u jus met playin online? i dont think so!

+ nirojan45 on June 24th, 2011 at 8:02 am said:

well without packaging and the retailer’s cut the game should be around $50 instead of full price. Then again Sony should be able to dock a few buck from it’s own royalties and bring that down to $40-$45 range. I’m gonna hold out to get infamous 2, because i just finished my evil play through of the first game and will probably go through a good play through before picking this up anyways. By the time that happens GS or BesyBuy will inevitably drop price anyways.

Good on SCEA to release the game digitally, but they really should’ve cut the cost a little to make it easier on the consumer(i get it, they dont want to infringe on their retail partners by offering a lower price point).

+ bl0wsickle on June 24th, 2011 at 8:17 am said:

Probably going to buy this once I’m done with the first one!

Wilson Cheng's Avatar

+ Wilson Cheng on June 24th, 2011 at 1:58 pm said:

if you liked the original game, you will love infamous 2

+ Alyyse on June 24th, 2011 at 8:30 am said:

im thinking about getting it

Wilson Cheng's Avatar

+ Wilson Cheng on June 24th, 2011 at 1:59 pm said:

play the demo or the trial version to see if you would enjoy the game : )

+ mcbuttz78 on June 24th, 2011 at 8:52 am said:

those complaing about the price. its summer time. get you a lawn mower and charge 20$ to cut peoples yard. cut 3 yds you got 60$

Not hard to do. Think young people..

+ SEAL_TEAM_7p on June 24th, 2011 at 9:40 am said:

Every one you can upgrade your HDD i got a 250 gb for less than $30 I have fit all the game trials on it so far.

+ NamesIrish13 on June 24th, 2011 at 9:47 am said:

I prefer digital versions, but unless you can drop the price a bit from the retail I wont jump on board. $59.99 for retail is fine, because I get it day 1, and I can resell it or trade it in for at least $20. So digital versions since I have to wait, and I cant trade it in need to be at around $39.99 for me to get them right when their released. This is just my opinion though so take it for what it is!

+ NamesIrish13 on June 24th, 2011 at 9:48 am said:

P.S. I already own Infamous 2 on disc and loving every min of it. If you have not purchased it I highly recommend it!!!

Wilson Cheng's Avatar

+ Wilson Cheng on June 24th, 2011 at 2:00 pm said:

thanks, glad you are enjoying the game

+ shyguyNC on June 24th, 2011 at 10:03 am said:

@120 .. smart move! never give your account info to anyone … if you store your card info, that person could go buy as much stuff as they want in the store using your card. sharing games is fine, it’s an intended feature, but only activate ps3′s that belong to people you know (in REAL LIFE) and trust, and never give them your password (else you violate the TOS and can be banned from the network) – go to their house and enter that info if you want to share with them.

+ Dracorius on June 24th, 2011 at 10:08 am said:

Well, that’s cool and convient. Played the demo. Loved it. I will probably still snag the Hero Edition, when I get paid next week, of course. My god son has been harassing me to get it.

+ phoenix392 on June 24th, 2011 at 10:08 am said:

$60 Dollars that is the most u would have to pay for a downloadable game.

+ ijustw1n on June 24th, 2011 at 10:33 am said:

This is bad. One, it’s full price. You can’t even save $5 on Amazon or some other place. 2. All you get is a digital copy so it has no resale value. I know game companies don’t care about this but as a consumer you should get a hard copy that allows you to resale it when you’re done for maybe 20-30 bucks.

+ GreenRogue22598 on June 24th, 2011 at 10:55 am said:

If you played through the free trial and bought the disc version of inFamous 2 rather than the digital one on the PSN Store, can you still transfer the data from your trial playthrough to the disc like you can on the digital version?

+ iMurdaClown on June 24th, 2011 at 11:41 am said:

There is no inFamous3, you’ll see when you finish the game if you didn’t already.

+ krae_man on June 24th, 2011 at 12:03 pm said:

15gb? I thought you would be smart enough not to do a straight Rom dump.

File size may not matter on bluray, but it absolutely does for downloads.

-lengh of time it takes to download
-hard drive size available
-ISP download caps

These are all issues Myself and millions of other PS3 owners have to deal with. Terrible decision to not consider them.

+ Chuckbait on June 24th, 2011 at 12:48 pm said:

Hey imurdaclown, you sir are a scum-bag…. And who ever moderates this, why would you not get rid of spoillers?

+ lisatsunami on June 24th, 2011 at 3:38 pm said:

I agree with chuckbait! No spoilers, stupid brat.

+ XThelycan38 on June 24th, 2011 at 3:45 pm said:

wow i couldave dowloaded it if i had waited a week but whatever i couldnt wait for such an epic game!!

+ XThelycan38 on June 24th, 2011 at 3:47 pm said:

@133 if you finished it on the infamous side (evil karma) there may be an infamous 3 you never know. :)

+ zzamaro on June 24th, 2011 at 4:06 pm said:

The digital download should be cheaper.

+ MarinoBrea on June 24th, 2011 at 4:22 pm said:

Digital copies should include VERY GOOD incentives for the same price as the retail disc game. You are giving up too many liberties when you decide to purchase digital. Some retailers (like Amazon) even offer credit bonus when you pre-order the games, and prices also come down way faster for physical discs, you may take advantage of promotions (2 for 1, discounts, holiday sales, one-day specials, etc. etc.) just a few days after the launch date of many top-tier games. So how about making those digital sales more enticing? why not offer credit bonus, special DLC gifts, bundles with other smaller/older games, etc, or some kind of promotion where I can choose a game for free from a list of games if I buy a new game (like a digital Infamous 2) on launch day or during some special sale? Get creative Sony, not many people are still living in trees you know?

+ JUGGALO414 on June 24th, 2011 at 4:40 pm said:

i really like the idea of digital distribution because i live in the middle of nowhere and a game store is about 45 minutes away. i do however own the disc and purchased it on the midnight launch because i love infamous. i really wish it was cheaper on psn though because if you’re not buying it from a retailor and you don’t have a disc or packaging then what is causing it to be $59.99? either way i hope there will be infamous 2 dlc.

+ cashkid96 on June 24th, 2011 at 4:40 pm said:

awsomeeee

+ BBurgSteve on June 24th, 2011 at 5:43 pm said:

Just tested and can confirm that game saves from the disc and download versions are compatible for both inFamous and inFamous 2.

+ ikie35 on June 24th, 2011 at 5:45 pm said:

Get littlebig planet on download list please i want that
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111

+ BBurgSteve on June 24th, 2011 at 6:03 pm said:

@krae_man (134): Who says that *isn’t* compressed? I wouldn’t be surprised if the HDD space the game uses isn’t twice that. I can confirm that inFamous (a 7GB download) actually uses about 14GB of HDD space (tested this by checking my free space both before (285GB free) and after (271GB free) installing inFamous.

Didn’t think to check free space prior to installing the full game trial of i2, but I’ll check that after I uninstall i2, since I already own the disc, and have no plans to trade it in until the download price drops (probably sometime around September/October, I’d guess).

+ Asoccerman123 on June 24th, 2011 at 7:37 pm said:

Wilson infamous 2 was incredible
I bore my ankle in taekwondo (martial arts) and I didn’t cry once or even think about it.
After the ending I felt like it. Either I’m not. Manly or you guys are better game designers then infinity ward :)
Great work keep it up

+ Asoccerman123 on June 24th, 2011 at 7:37 pm said:

Broke*

+ Kchow23 on June 24th, 2011 at 9:36 pm said:

Awesome stuff, hopefully more games starts doing this on the day of release! give people a chance to try out the game before they buy and they can just download it too.

+ DarkMithrionX on June 24th, 2011 at 9:37 pm said:

I hope that they think about releasing a dlc or something, cuz i will definitly buy it. i mean, i didnt buy the hero edition for nothing… i LUV inFamous :3

+ Airwalkinman17 on June 24th, 2011 at 10:23 pm said:

Beat this game a couple of a little over a week ago.
That game was so beast. Awesome job Sucker Punch