PS4 - Destiny

PlayStation Move Ape Escape Hits PSN on July 5th, Demo on June 28th

Kumi Yuasa's Avatar + Posted by Kumi Yuasa on Jun 23, 2011 // Producer, SCEA

PlayStation Move Ape Escape for PS3 (PSN)

You may have seen that PlayStation Move Ape Escape launches today in Europe. We’re excited to announce that we’ll be bringing all of the monkey-capturing mayhem to the US soon! On June 28th, you will be able to download a demo of the game on the PlayStation Store.

PlayStation Move Ape Escape for PS3 (PSN)PlayStation Move Ape Escape for PS3 (PSN)

In PlayStation Move Ape Escape, you’ll be tasked with fending off a monkey invasion after a UFO crash-lands into your house. This latest installment takes the fan-favorite franchise to the next level by allowing you to use the PlayStation Move motion controller to wield a variety of gadgets while capturing the mischievous monkey invaders.

If you cannot wait till June 28th to experience the mayhem, get the PlayStation Move Ape Escape Dynamic Theme today! We’ve just released the Dynamic Theme of the title for $2.99. As you can see from the embedded video, those mischief-making monkeys are set to take over your PS3 with this exclusive dynamic theme!

Check out the demo next Tuesday and be sure to download the full game via PlayStation Network, when it launches in the U.S. on July 5th.

PAGE 1 2

+ PatriotEyez27 on June 23rd, 2011 at 9:06 am said:

Epic! This and Uncharted 3 Beta xD

Time to dust off the Move,this was one of my favorite classics from the PSone days.

+ Kumi Yuasa on June 23rd, 2011 at 9:59 am said:

Thank you for being the first to comment here. Move makes this franchise so much fun! Enjoy! : )

+ chaoszero14 on June 23rd, 2011 at 9:06 am said:

YAY! I was about to import this. I love Ape Escape.

+ Kumi Yuasa on June 23rd, 2011 at 10:02 am said:

I’m glad you didn’t have to import this. Have fun!

+ MarkakaJin on June 23rd, 2011 at 9:07 am said:

Big fan of the first Ape Escape game. Can’t wait to try out the demo!

+ Kumi Yuasa on June 23rd, 2011 at 10:05 am said:

Thank you for your comment! I’m sure you’ll enjoy the demo. Let me know what you think.

+ TruRage on June 23rd, 2011 at 9:08 am said:

Oh cool. I remember playing the original back in the day! I look forward to playing this with move support. On a different note, any word on that demo of Sonic Generations being released today?

+ G-Force08 on June 23rd, 2011 at 9:13 am said:

About time. I have been waiting a long time for this game to be released in NA. I know it just came out in EU and has been out in Japan for a while.

Can’t wait to get it ^_^

+ Kumi Yuasa on June 23rd, 2011 at 11:45 am said:

Thanks for your patience. I’m sure you’ll enjoy it and that your patience will pay off. Have fun.

+ mcbuttz78 on June 23rd, 2011 at 9:15 am said:

Oh No Timmy(kumi) what have you done!!!!…

+ marlyt on June 23rd, 2011 at 9:21 am said:

I got Ape Escape and Sonic demo off the EU store. The sonic demo is a one level yawner. It’s a revamped Green Hill zone which we’ve all played 10 variations of. You feel like you have momentum, ready for the new sonic levels and….Nooooooooo, too bad it’s over. That’s not a demo and it looks pretty bad graphically. The ape escape game, from the E3 videos is trapping apes in nets and other mini games. It is not a platformer/action/adventure game which is a bummer but I still want to try and maybe buy it for the kids.

+ TomHoang on June 23rd, 2011 at 9:32 am said:

What’s the price? I’m itching for Move games so I will be sure to purchase this!

+ Kumi Yuasa on June 23rd, 2011 at 1:24 pm said:

Hi there. I’ll come back next week with more info on the full game. Please stay tuned!

+ Zeer0id on June 23rd, 2011 at 9:45 am said:

I’m hopeful for this.

+ ItsNymo on June 23rd, 2011 at 9:46 am said:

So, there’s no Blu-Ray release for the states? I would think that this would be a better title to have out on disk in stores than the likes of “Kung Fu Rider”, so I think it’s kinda strange to have it hidden away on the PSN instead.

anyways, Looking forward to finally getting the game! Loving the 1:1 gameplay it has! Hope it’s priced right for many Move owners to impulse-buy!

+ CaptainPakan on June 23rd, 2011 at 9:46 am said:

Yes!! 9th place!!!
(Sarcasm)

+ BakaHirata on June 23rd, 2011 at 9:53 am said:

Any chance of the older games coming to the Network as well?

+ sashquatch33 on June 23rd, 2011 at 9:54 am said:

Do you have to have the motion controll to play this game

+ Kumi Yuasa on June 23rd, 2011 at 1:32 pm said:

Yes, the game is designed exclusively for Move. Let me know what you think!

+ letherclad on June 23rd, 2011 at 10:11 am said:

I was hoping this would be a platformer like the old ones, but I’m looking forward to trying it out. Putting a demo out before it’s release shows you have faith in the game at least, which is a pretty good sign

+ Kumi Yuasa on June 23rd, 2011 at 1:37 pm said:

It’s a different approach this time, but I’m sure you’ll enjoy it. It gets crazier and crazier as you proceed, so demo would be a good opportunity to practice and be prepared for the full game!

+ Neil on June 23rd, 2011 at 10:11 am said:

Thank you for the blog update. It was like reading poetry. Now for my question. Does the US version have the Japanese lyrics?

+ Kumi Yuasa on June 23rd, 2011 at 1:38 pm said:

Hi Neil. Thanks for your comment as always. Regarding the Japanese lyrics, I’ll let you find out. : D

+ Surfaced on June 23rd, 2011 at 10:22 am said:

Hey Kumi, how did you land your job as a producer @ SCEA?
You work from the Foster City HQ, right?

+ Sharingan_itachi on June 23rd, 2011 at 10:24 am said:

Awesome…. how big is it?

+ digitalman123 on June 23rd, 2011 at 10:31 am said:

Haven’t used the Move since PS Move Heroes. Time for that to change…

+ OmegaJirachi on June 23rd, 2011 at 10:32 am said:

Must you release everything that REQUIRES the Move? You know I can’t afford that thing!

+ jimmyfoxhound on June 23rd, 2011 at 10:35 am said:

Kumi is cute plus she usually takes time to respond to people on the blog which is kinda rare on here sadly so taking all of this into account.. I’ll give this game a try. XD

+ Kumi Yuasa on June 23rd, 2011 at 1:54 pm said:

Thanks for your comment. I enjoy interacting with people who spend time to read my blog and comment on it. : ) Please let me know what you think of the game.

+ station3fever on June 23rd, 2011 at 10:38 am said:

wow the perfect game for the move. this should be fun! i think i’m going to have to buy the move now because this game is my weak spot “LOVED IT”

+ Kumi Yuasa on June 23rd, 2011 at 1:59 pm said:

Yes, this title will be the perfect reason to get the Move. Enjoy!

+ jeffsmither on June 23rd, 2011 at 10:44 am said:

Can you move freely in the game or is it a set course?

+ AwRy108 on June 23rd, 2011 at 10:45 am said:

Loved all three of the Ape Escape games (especially the first one), so please, please, PLEASE don’t make this one suck; in other words: it’d better turn out WAY better than PlayStation Move Heroes…

+ Xenosuke808 on June 23rd, 2011 at 10:46 am said:

Cheeky monkeys making me all giddy O^__^O
have the new ape escapes(ps3/vita)
been started yet?

if so when can we expect to see Specter causing mischief :)

+ AwRy108 on June 23rd, 2011 at 10:50 am said:

Move has quickly become the Wii HD: lots of crappy shovelware and minigame collections. Bummer.

+ RE_Player on June 23rd, 2011 at 10:50 am said:

Really excited for this. So how much will this cost when it launches in North America?

+ Kumi Yuasa on June 23rd, 2011 at 2:00 pm said:

I’ll come back with the info next week. Please check back.

+ ChaseHammerJ on June 23rd, 2011 at 10:51 am said:

hmmm loved AE1, will definitely try this out.

+ Kumi Yuasa on June 23rd, 2011 at 2:01 pm said:

Thanks! Hope you will like it.

+ Saint_Reaper666 on June 23rd, 2011 at 10:53 am said:

Digimon World 1 in the PS Store please?

+ Dracorius on June 23rd, 2011 at 10:55 am said:

Oh wow! So soon? My kids and I love this IP. There is not enough Ape Escape “Saru” love out there. A MUST buy for me.

+ Kumi Yuasa on June 23rd, 2011 at 11:39 am said:

This is a great game for you and your kids! Happy saru catching! : )

+ thamlett on June 23rd, 2011 at 10:55 am said:

we need minecraft!!!!!!! thats the next game we should get!!!!!!

+ thamlett on June 23rd, 2011 at 10:56 am said:

@Kumi Yuasa
We need to get minecraft for the ps3!!!!

+ Maxpower1096 on June 23rd, 2011 at 11:10 am said:

i hope this is just something to raise money so the ape escape ppl can make a REAL ape escape game, i LOVED the originals

+ Spacerac on June 23rd, 2011 at 11:54 am said:

Definitely getting this! Looking forward to Ape Escape 4 and a Ape Escape 1-3 HD Collection!

+ xAToMiC–GaMeRx on June 23rd, 2011 at 12:05 pm said:

Awesome Game, love it since I played it on the PSP … Day one For Me, Can’t wait to try the demo and play it with my brothers!

+ Kumi Yuasa on June 23rd, 2011 at 2:04 pm said:

Thanks for your comment. Hope you and your brothers will have fun.

+ Mobius2525 on June 23rd, 2011 at 12:09 pm said:

Bought the bluray disc off of zavvi.com $23.74. I just had to have my own physical copy.

+ jqtaxpayer on June 23rd, 2011 at 12:21 pm said:

Excellent — Ape Escape is one of my favorite Sony IPs, so I’ll definitely be picking this up the minute it’s available. Any word on price? Since the data breach, I only buy PSN cards nowadays… come to think of it, any chance for a retail release? I’d definitely pick this one up on disc.

Can you give us any news on a proper Ape Escape 4 — I’m really chomping at the bit for that — or perhaps the hope of (*crosses fingers*) an Ape Escape HD Collection for PS3?

+ Elvick_ on June 23rd, 2011 at 12:41 pm said:

I would much rather buy it on Bluray…:/ retail release? Please? I will love you. D’:

Please? I hate digital distribution. Especially with games that were in retail elsewhere.

+ BlackIceJoe on June 23rd, 2011 at 12:42 pm said:

Is there any chance of the Ape Escape series coming out on the Vita? Also any chance of an Ape Escape collection? There has been some great AE games that have only stayed in Japan for the PSP & PS2. So I hope some day they will come out of Japan. I would gladly buy the AE games off of PSN. I want to know is there any chance that Ape Academy might come out on PSN? It was released in North America but it is not on the PSN store. Only Ape Escape: On the Loose is on PSN. Also if Ape Academy comes out on PSN would Ape Academy 2 come out on PSN too? AA2 came only out in Europe & Japan but if it can come out on PSN it would have English so this way people can play the game & understand it. So please put these games on PSN.

+ TUSTIN1 on June 23rd, 2011 at 12:45 pm said:

Can’t wait, wheeee!!!

+ mcbuttz78 on June 23rd, 2011 at 1:39 pm said:

is timmy in the game?

+ sk8r4life1 on June 23rd, 2011 at 1:47 pm said:

Awesome! I’d be all over buying the theme if it weren’t $3. This makes me wonder how expensive the game is going to be.

+ Kumi Yuasa on June 23rd, 2011 at 2:02 pm said:

Hi there. I’ll get back with the price info next week, so please stay tuned.

+ Benmo316 on June 23rd, 2011 at 2:50 pm said:

Oh yeah! I cannot wait!

+ Spinout209 on June 23rd, 2011 at 3:04 pm said:

Will there be an Ape Escape game coming to consoles that won’t involve use of the Playstation Move? Please hint out to us if there will be ;)

+ Silent_Gig on June 23rd, 2011 at 3:26 pm said:

How long is the game Kumi, is there a story mode?

+ Creative_ae on June 23rd, 2011 at 4:51 pm said:

PS3 CROSS GAME CHAT PS3 CROSS GAME CHAT PS3 CROSS GAME CHAT PS3 CROSS GAME CHAT PS3 CROSS GAME CHAT PS3 CROSS GAME CHAT PS3 CROSS GAME CHAT PS3 CROSS GAME CHAT PS3 CROSS GAME CHAT PS3 CROSS GAME CHAT PS3 CROSS GAME CHAT PS3 CROSS GAME CHAT PS3 CROSS GAME CHAT PS3 CROSS GAME CHAT PS3 CROSS GAME CHAT PS3 CROSS GAME CHAT PS3 CROSS GAME CHAT PS3 CROSS GAME CHAT PS3 CROSS GAME CHAT PS3 CROSS GAME CHAT PS3 CROSS GAME CHAT PS3 CROSS GAME CHAT PS3 CROSS GAME CHAT PS3 CROSS GAME CHAT PS3 CROSS GAME CHAT PS3 CROSS GAME CHAT PS3 CROSS GAME CHAT PS3 CROSS GAME CHAT

We want this option!!!!!!!!
Is it really that hard to add!

+ BanzaiHeil on June 23rd, 2011 at 5:12 pm said:

It’s a little weird that, as a “hardcore gamer,” Ape Escape is actually the reason I bought a Move controller to begin with. I’ll confess I’m a bit wary of the “new direction,” since I was such a huge fan of the original games. The new one seems to resemble the PSP title that ended up being a collection of mini-games, and I confess I wasn’t overly fond of it. The mini-game thing is pretty played out for me. None-the-less, I’ll definitely be checking out the demo, and hope to be pleasantly surprised. Even if I end up buy this one (and let’s face it, I probably will no matter what), here’s hoping for another Ape Escape title down the road with a more “classic” feel to it.

Thanks for the Blog post Kumi!

+ invading_space on June 23rd, 2011 at 5:46 pm said:

Should have been called Ape Escape: Party Animals like my 5 year old Niece suggested.

+ brayan_torres on June 23rd, 2011 at 9:12 pm said:

Please I Need Help Im Trying To Play The Demo So I Could Try Out The Game But It Says . > You Cannot Play This Game At The Current Video Output Settings. (80028F10) ..Please Any Help ?

+ SlaughteredNinja on June 23rd, 2011 at 9:43 pm said:

I remember playing Ape Escape about a decade ago. Brings back memories.

PAGE 1 2