Horizon Zero Dawn

Jun 28

Jun 28

PlayStation Plus Celebrates its 1st Birthday with Limited-Time Bonus Months Offer

Grace Chen's Avatar Posted by Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

Hello, PlayStation fans! We’re excited to announce that this week PlayStation Plus celebrates its first birthday! Over the past year, we’ve given PlayStation Plus subscribers access to a number of great deals, including free games, huge discounts, full game trials, early beta access as well as additional exclusive features like online game saves and automatic downloads.

PS Plus Anniversary

To celebrate, for a limited time, we’re offering “Birthday Bonus Months” for PlayStation Plus. Starting today, lasting through July 11th, when you purchase a PlayStation Plus 1-year package, you’ll get 3 additional months, and gamers who sign up for the 3 month package get 1 additional month. That’s 15 months for the price of 12 (just over $3 per month) or 4 months for the price of 3 (less than $5 per month). There’s no better time to sign up for PlayStation Plus and take advantage of these birthday savings!

So just what are the benefits that PlayStation Plus subscribers have gained that you won’t want to miss out on? In its first year alone, PlayStation Plus has offered access to:

• More than 50 Free Games
  • Over 100 Free DLC Items (Add-ons, Avatars, Themes)
  • 170+ Discounts
  • Over 100 Exclusives and Early Access items
  • $800+ in Savings

It’s hard to believe it’s been a year since we launched the program, providing subscribers with offers like the full PSN game WipEout HD, a number of PSP minis and PS One Classics, such as Age of Zombies, and more recently, the highly anticipated early demo of Mortal Kombat. Subscribers can also get early access today into the multiplayer beta for Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception.

Thanks again for all of your feedback and dedication to the program. Here’s to more birthday celebrations as we continue to evolve the service for users to expand and enhance their gaming experience!

Enjoy!

Add Your Own

eyesofreality03 said:

June 28th, 7:31 pm

plus has been the money saver i was hoping for on the psn! signed up day one and havent looked back since,! keep up the good work sony, highly lookin forward to what plus has in store for its members this year!

Rorek_IronBlood said:

June 28th, 7:31 pm

@proud2be:

The avatar in which you are referring is actually multiple sets that we’re given out during a period of time for users whom were lucky enough to partake in the PlayStation Reward “Beta”. Depending on your level “Legendary” being the highest and “Select” being the lowest; you were given a series (set) of avatars ranging from God of War to inFamous, and even KILLZONE. Unfortunetly the beta was very limited and selective and infact has ended. At this time it looks grim for the “Reward” program sadly as it seems to have been dropped or faces being shelved indefinently. Which is a shame. I have the T-shirt with “PlayStation” written in katakana which was given to all whom were involved with the beta.

KidCommando said:

June 28th, 7:43 pm

If that is everything being offered for the first birthday celebration of Plus….

worst.birthday.ever. :(

megamixer said:

June 28th, 7:52 pm

You know what the great thing is? They’re celebrating a “birthday” by selling something instead of giving something.

hush404 said:

June 28th, 7:58 pm

2 questions.

1. Haven’t you been offering this deal for quite some time?

2. What about people who’ve been with PS+ for some time? It’s like “Happy Birthday!… those of you who supported us just sit back and enjoy watching new people get the kewl deals”…

0_o

woodfordb said:

June 28th, 8:06 pm

it was a total waist of my money i thought that maybe i could get some cross game chat or somthing with it but no just a waist of $50

zzamaro said:

June 28th, 8:09 pm

I think it’s not only a good idea to do this, those who try the month may have enjoy it and that’ll make want more and therefore, will take advantage of this deal.

Good job Sony.

SHOR73RM said:

June 28th, 8:50 pm

Happy 1st PS+!!

WhiteF8ng said:

June 28th, 9:07 pm

Time to re-up…

DjStevenSS1 said:

June 28th, 9:25 pm

PSN keeps kicking me off!

xXlkamakaz3lXx said:

June 28th, 9:25 pm

pay for 3 months and get 1 month free… ohww boy lol

jesse123111 said:

June 28th, 9:29 pm

hey did any1 else just get sgned out of the network? cuz me and my friends where playing call of the dead and all of a sudden we got signed out

IphoneMVG said:

June 28th, 9:39 pm

yeah i did, so did everybody else!

zanarkandruinsx2 said:

June 28th, 9:39 pm

@106 I’ve been kicked off 3 times so far. I keep getting back on about a few minutes later after each drop.

romierome65 said:

June 28th, 9:40 pm

i have been signed out 3 times

IphoneMVG said:

June 28th, 9:41 pm

so now what, is it being hacked again?

jesse123111 said:

June 28th, 9:41 pm

@108 i havn’t been kicked off again YET but idk whats going on but they need to tell us what is or atleast bring it down like they did wen they got hacked into OMG i hope its not happning again

IphoneMVG said:

June 28th, 9:43 pm

@111 it is happening
LOL

badreligionbomb said:

June 28th, 9:43 pm

ahhh sweet to celebrate a whole year of PSN + Sony is giving us the same deal they’ve had all year for subscribing to PSN+ WOWIE ZOWIE NEATO *fart*

axela420 said:

June 28th, 9:44 pm

Just got kicked off, tried to log back on but it wont let me.

badreligionbomb said:

June 28th, 9:45 pm

hold the phones you’re telling me…. that having this deal the whole year… and then pretending its a new offer to wow people into getting psn+ ISNT CLEVER MARKETING STRATEGY…. WOWIE ZOWIE *snore*

badreligionbomb said:

June 28th, 9:45 pm

haha yeah now when the PSN doesnt work we start to panic….. this sucks

zanarkandruinsx2 said:

June 28th, 9:46 pm

@111 They should say something. One of my friends thinks it has something to do with the Uncharted 3 beta crashing the servers. I hope they didn’t get hacked again either.

FAB426 said:

June 28th, 9:46 pm

is doing that to everyone keeps kicking ppl off then messing up again and again.. i was killing some zombies,,

Peligroso_Alex said:

June 28th, 9:53 pm

I was trying to play some Black Ops, but keeps kicking me out. :/

MarcosPR248 said:

June 28th, 9:53 pm

here we go again!!!!!!!!!!!!! psn is down! wtg guys.

Mikene16 said:

June 28th, 9:53 pm

Guys from what I hear is the you signing in and out may be because of sony testing cross-game chat.

IphoneMVG said:

June 28th, 9:54 pm

it is working fine for me :)

PhoenixP3K said:

June 28th, 9:57 pm

People having issues to login may be due to the high traffic caused by the Uncharted 3 Beta. But from what I understand, I if buy a year of PS+ right now it will stack to my current subscription. 49.99$ for 15 months is definitely OK in my book.

FAB426 said:

June 28th, 9:57 pm

it works for me too lol

Peligroso_Alex said:

June 28th, 10:00 pm

Maybe it is the traffic, Ill just wait to play COD tomorrow after work.

IphoneMVG said:

June 28th, 10:01 pm

anyone want to play black ops

nullError said:

June 28th, 10:07 pm

Someone at Sony please help me. I had a psn account since before the outage. When psn was restored, I got excited and shelled out money for 1year of plus just ONE day before the welcome package became available. To my horror, this prevented me from redeeming the extra 30 days from the welcome back package. I am also not eligible for 60days extension as I wasn’t a plus member before April 20th. And now three weeks later I am “punished” for supporting PSN during its comeback by yet again losing 90 days of Plus membership. Is there anything that can be done for me?

BlindMango said:

June 28th, 10:20 pm

I kept getting kicked off too, probably some server problems, hopefully no more hacking stuff again 0.0 lol

Ratpatrol01 said:

June 28th, 11:07 pm

PSN is acting funny today?

omani-00 said:

June 28th, 11:18 pm

Thank you .. but what about Europe Store ?

Eternal-CMO said:

June 28th, 11:37 pm

@Gogo_ZvC, incase you read this, there is a way to check when your Plus subscription expires. Go to Account Management in the XMB and the option is labeled something like “services.” It entails all of the privileges your account has access to.

OniJsan said:

June 28th, 11:40 pm

I say to celebrate we should get a 1st birthday Dynamic Theme. Something awesome like that.

ccanfield1 said:

June 29th, 12:11 am

Love to extend my membership at this time to take advantage of this deal. Is that possible for someone who signed up day one like myself ?

Grace Chen's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

June 29th, 10:08 am

Some have pointed this out in the comments, but yep; you’ll be able to take advantage of this offer and the extra time will stack on to your existing Plus time.

Detective-E said:

June 29th, 12:17 am

Do I get anything special for subscribing since the first week?

Well I have gotten a bonus 5 months, granted one of those were taken away by the outage. Maybe I’ll get a bonus 3.

otownstr8kila17 said:

June 29th, 12:22 am

Gotta say the PS+ has been worth every penny! Too many freebies to mention, beta invites, discounts galore and this is only the first year. For those of you “on the fence” I would definitely jump to the + side of life!

IphoneMVG said:

June 29th, 12:24 am

black ops anyone?

R3N36AD3 said:

June 29th, 12:28 am

i agree with #8…. no E3 special??

Busca-Cabezas said:

June 29th, 12:36 am

PS+? Yeah! It ROCKS! Woot!! I can only hope it gets better n better!

Busca-Cabezas said:

June 29th, 12:37 am

BTW… HAPPY BDAY PS+!! Woot!! :P

BigStompz187 said:

June 29th, 12:54 am

Damn im missing out on all the free stuff :(

ABROSIA said:

June 29th, 2:01 am

ok so HALO REACH is coming to ps3 so people are saying that theres going to be a LBP2 halo pack is this true.
and what about the LBP2 infamous2 PACK?

Kwaker76 said:

June 29th, 2:24 am

For me PS+ is just not worth it. I, for one, won’t be continuing with PS+ after my free trial period expires.

iTofuMan said:

June 29th, 2:27 am

In all honesty have been a PS+ member since January i more than likely not going to renew my membership on the count of a few things

1 More than 50 Free Games this is only right if you bought it day one AND downloaded those said games because i bought it back in January i basically lost all those free games.

2 Over 100 DLC really only applies if you own every single game that you guys handed. i honestly dont think i have downloaded 1 DLC that was giving in PS+ because the ones offered were from games i dont own

3 170+ Discount About the only good thing about owning PS+

4 Over 100 Exclusive and Early Access Items. Right off the bat i am calling [DELETED]. as a PS+ member i have yet to be accepted in a Beta (this include the free ones like DC/Socom as they did not work for me)

5 800$ in saving same as number 1

Honestly i really see no reason to renew because i find little to no interest in the things you are giving out. How about you try to take the costumers stand point on this and give us what we want? I’m not saying every update must be AAA, but seriously try to put a little more effort into these types of things.

Manigamer said:

June 29th, 5:20 am

i was wondering ! im already subscribed to ps+ since last year so would this offer also be available to those already having the ps+ sub and if we buy again would it extend the time period ( with the extra bonus 3 months ) or overwrite it and cancel our old subscription and start from when we purchase this new one ? thanks