Bloodborne

PlayStation Plus Celebrates its 1st Birthday with Limited-Time Bonus Months Offer

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Jun 28, 2011 // Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

Hello, PlayStation fans! We’re excited to announce that this week PlayStation Plus celebrates its first birthday! Over the past year, we’ve given PlayStation Plus subscribers access to a number of great deals, including free games, huge discounts, full game trials, early beta access as well as additional exclusive features like online game saves and automatic downloads.

PS Plus Anniversary

To celebrate, for a limited time, we’re offering “Birthday Bonus Months” for PlayStation Plus. Starting today, lasting through July 11th, when you purchase a PlayStation Plus 1-year package, you’ll get 3 additional months, and gamers who sign up for the 3 month package get 1 additional month. That’s 15 months for the price of 12 (just over $3 per month) or 4 months for the price of 3 (less than $5 per month). There’s no better time to sign up for PlayStation Plus and take advantage of these birthday savings!

So just what are the benefits that PlayStation Plus subscribers have gained that you won’t want to miss out on? In its first year alone, PlayStation Plus has offered access to:

• More than 50 Free Games
  • Over 100 Free DLC Items (Add-ons, Avatars, Themes)
  • 170+ Discounts
  • Over 100 Exclusives and Early Access items
  • $800+ in Savings

It’s hard to believe it’s been a year since we launched the program, providing subscribers with offers like the full PSN game WipEout HD, a number of PSP minis and PS One Classics, such as Age of Zombies, and more recently, the highly anticipated early demo of Mortal Kombat. Subscribers can also get early access today into the multiplayer beta for Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception.

Thanks again for all of your feedback and dedication to the program. Here’s to more birthday celebrations as we continue to evolve the service for users to expand and enhance their gaming experience!

Enjoy!

+ eyesofreality03 on June 28th, 2011 at 7:31 pm said:

plus has been the money saver i was hoping for on the psn! signed up day one and havent looked back since,! keep up the good work sony, highly lookin forward to what plus has in store for its members this year!

+ Rorek_IronBlood on June 28th, 2011 at 7:31 pm said:

@proud2be:

The avatar in which you are referring is actually multiple sets that we’re given out during a period of time for users whom were lucky enough to partake in the PlayStation Reward “Beta”. Depending on your level “Legendary” being the highest and “Select” being the lowest; you were given a series (set) of avatars ranging from God of War to inFamous, and even KILLZONE. Unfortunetly the beta was very limited and selective and infact has ended. At this time it looks grim for the “Reward” program sadly as it seems to have been dropped or faces being shelved indefinently. Which is a shame. I have the T-shirt with “PlayStation” written in katakana which was given to all whom were involved with the beta.

+ KidCommando on June 28th, 2011 at 7:43 pm said:

If that is everything being offered for the first birthday celebration of Plus….

worst.birthday.ever. :(

+ megamixer on June 28th, 2011 at 7:52 pm said:

You know what the great thing is? They’re celebrating a “birthday” by selling something instead of giving something.

+ hush404 on June 28th, 2011 at 7:58 pm said:

2 questions.

1. Haven’t you been offering this deal for quite some time?

2. What about people who’ve been with PS+ for some time? It’s like “Happy Birthday!… those of you who supported us just sit back and enjoy watching new people get the kewl deals”…

0_o

+ woodfordb on June 28th, 2011 at 8:06 pm said:

it was a total waist of my money i thought that maybe i could get some cross game chat or somthing with it but no just a waist of $50

+ zzamaro on June 28th, 2011 at 8:09 pm said:

I think it’s not only a good idea to do this, those who try the month may have enjoy it and that’ll make want more and therefore, will take advantage of this deal.

Good job Sony.

+ SHOR73RM on June 28th, 2011 at 8:50 pm said:

Happy 1st PS+!!

+ WhiteF8ng on June 28th, 2011 at 9:07 pm said:

Time to re-up…

+ DjStevenSS1 on June 28th, 2011 at 9:25 pm said:

PSN keeps kicking me off!

+ xXlkamakaz3lXx on June 28th, 2011 at 9:25 pm said:

pay for 3 months and get 1 month free… ohww boy lol

+ jesse123111 on June 28th, 2011 at 9:29 pm said:

hey did any1 else just get sgned out of the network? cuz me and my friends where playing call of the dead and all of a sudden we got signed out

+ IphoneMVG on June 28th, 2011 at 9:39 pm said:

yeah i did, so did everybody else!

+ zanarkandruinsx2 on June 28th, 2011 at 9:39 pm said:

@106 I’ve been kicked off 3 times so far. I keep getting back on about a few minutes later after each drop.

+ romierome65 on June 28th, 2011 at 9:40 pm said:

i have been signed out 3 times

+ IphoneMVG on June 28th, 2011 at 9:41 pm said:

so now what, is it being hacked again?

+ jesse123111 on June 28th, 2011 at 9:41 pm said:

@108 i havn’t been kicked off again YET but idk whats going on but they need to tell us what is or atleast bring it down like they did wen they got hacked into OMG i hope its not happning again

+ IphoneMVG on June 28th, 2011 at 9:43 pm said:

@111 it is happening
LOL

+ badreligionbomb on June 28th, 2011 at 9:43 pm said:

ahhh sweet to celebrate a whole year of PSN + Sony is giving us the same deal they’ve had all year for subscribing to PSN+ WOWIE ZOWIE NEATO *fart*

+ axela420 on June 28th, 2011 at 9:44 pm said:

Just got kicked off, tried to log back on but it wont let me.

+ badreligionbomb on June 28th, 2011 at 9:45 pm said:

hold the phones you’re telling me…. that having this deal the whole year… and then pretending its a new offer to wow people into getting psn+ ISNT CLEVER MARKETING STRATEGY…. WOWIE ZOWIE *snore*

+ badreligionbomb on June 28th, 2011 at 9:45 pm said:

haha yeah now when the PSN doesnt work we start to panic….. this sucks

+ zanarkandruinsx2 on June 28th, 2011 at 9:46 pm said:

@111 They should say something. One of my friends thinks it has something to do with the Uncharted 3 beta crashing the servers. I hope they didn’t get hacked again either.

+ FAB426 on June 28th, 2011 at 9:46 pm said:

is doing that to everyone keeps kicking ppl off then messing up again and again.. i was killing some zombies,,

+ Peligroso_Alex on June 28th, 2011 at 9:53 pm said:

I was trying to play some Black Ops, but keeps kicking me out. :/

+ MarcosPR248 on June 28th, 2011 at 9:53 pm said:

here we go again!!!!!!!!!!!!! psn is down! wtg guys.

+ Mikene16 on June 28th, 2011 at 9:53 pm said:

Guys from what I hear is the you signing in and out may be because of sony testing cross-game chat.

+ IphoneMVG on June 28th, 2011 at 9:54 pm said:

it is working fine for me :)

+ PhoenixP3K on June 28th, 2011 at 9:57 pm said:

People having issues to login may be due to the high traffic caused by the Uncharted 3 Beta. But from what I understand, I if buy a year of PS+ right now it will stack to my current subscription. 49.99$ for 15 months is definitely OK in my book.

+ FAB426 on June 28th, 2011 at 9:57 pm said:

it works for me too lol

+ Peligroso_Alex on June 28th, 2011 at 10:00 pm said:

Maybe it is the traffic, Ill just wait to play COD tomorrow after work.

+ IphoneMVG on June 28th, 2011 at 10:01 pm said:

anyone want to play black ops

+ nullError on June 28th, 2011 at 10:07 pm said:

Someone at Sony please help me. I had a psn account since before the outage. When psn was restored, I got excited and shelled out money for 1year of plus just ONE day before the welcome package became available. To my horror, this prevented me from redeeming the extra 30 days from the welcome back package. I am also not eligible for 60days extension as I wasn’t a plus member before April 20th. And now three weeks later I am “punished” for supporting PSN during its comeback by yet again losing 90 days of Plus membership. Is there anything that can be done for me?

+ BlindMango on June 28th, 2011 at 10:20 pm said:

I kept getting kicked off too, probably some server problems, hopefully no more hacking stuff again 0.0 lol

+ Ratpatrol01 on June 28th, 2011 at 11:07 pm said:

PSN is acting funny today?

+ omani-00 on June 28th, 2011 at 11:18 pm said:

Thank you .. but what about Europe Store ?

+ Eternal-CMO on June 28th, 2011 at 11:37 pm said:

@Gogo_ZvC, incase you read this, there is a way to check when your Plus subscription expires. Go to Account Management in the XMB and the option is labeled something like “services.” It entails all of the privileges your account has access to.

+ OniJsan on June 28th, 2011 at 11:40 pm said:

I say to celebrate we should get a 1st birthday Dynamic Theme. Something awesome like that.

+ ccanfield1 on June 29th, 2011 at 12:11 am said:

Love to extend my membership at this time to take advantage of this deal. Is that possible for someone who signed up day one like myself ?

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on June 29th, 2011 at 10:08 am said:

Some have pointed this out in the comments, but yep; you’ll be able to take advantage of this offer and the extra time will stack on to your existing Plus time.

+ Detective-E on June 29th, 2011 at 12:17 am said:

Do I get anything special for subscribing since the first week?

Well I have gotten a bonus 5 months, granted one of those were taken away by the outage. Maybe I’ll get a bonus 3.

+ otownstr8kila17 on June 29th, 2011 at 12:22 am said:

Gotta say the PS+ has been worth every penny! Too many freebies to mention, beta invites, discounts galore and this is only the first year. For those of you “on the fence” I would definitely jump to the + side of life!

+ IphoneMVG on June 29th, 2011 at 12:24 am said:

black ops anyone?

+ R3N36AD3 on June 29th, 2011 at 12:28 am said:

i agree with #8…. no E3 special??

+ Busca-Cabezas on June 29th, 2011 at 12:36 am said:

PS+? Yeah! It ROCKS! Woot!! I can only hope it gets better n better!

+ Busca-Cabezas on June 29th, 2011 at 12:37 am said:

BTW… HAPPY BDAY PS+!! Woot!! :P

+ BigStompz187 on June 29th, 2011 at 12:54 am said:

Damn im missing out on all the free stuff :(

+ ABROSIA on June 29th, 2011 at 2:01 am said:

ok so HALO REACH is coming to ps3 so people are saying that theres going to be a LBP2 halo pack is this true.
and what about the LBP2 infamous2 PACK?

+ Kwaker76 on June 29th, 2011 at 2:24 am said:

For me PS+ is just not worth it. I, for one, won’t be continuing with PS+ after my free trial period expires.

+ iTofuMan on June 29th, 2011 at 2:27 am said:

In all honesty have been a PS+ member since January i more than likely not going to renew my membership on the count of a few things

1 More than 50 Free Games this is only right if you bought it day one AND downloaded those said games because i bought it back in January i basically lost all those free games.

2 Over 100 DLC really only applies if you own every single game that you guys handed. i honestly dont think i have downloaded 1 DLC that was giving in PS+ because the ones offered were from games i dont own

3 170+ Discount About the only good thing about owning PS+

4 Over 100 Exclusive and Early Access Items. Right off the bat i am calling [DELETED]. as a PS+ member i have yet to be accepted in a Beta (this include the free ones like DC/Socom as they did not work for me)

5 800$ in saving same as number 1

Honestly i really see no reason to renew because i find little to no interest in the things you are giving out. How about you try to take the costumers stand point on this and give us what we want? I’m not saying every update must be AAA, but seriously try to put a little more effort into these types of things.

+ Manigamer on June 29th, 2011 at 5:20 am said:

i was wondering ! im already subscribed to ps+ since last year so would this offer also be available to those already having the ps+ sub and if we buy again would it extend the time period ( with the extra bonus 3 months ) or overwrite it and cancel our old subscription and start from when we purchase this new one ? thanks