Far Cry 4

PlayStation Plus Celebrates its 1st Birthday with Limited-Time Bonus Months Offer

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Jun 28, 2011 // Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

Hello, PlayStation fans! We’re excited to announce that this week PlayStation Plus celebrates its first birthday! Over the past year, we’ve given PlayStation Plus subscribers access to a number of great deals, including free games, huge discounts, full game trials, early beta access as well as additional exclusive features like online game saves and automatic downloads.

PS Plus Anniversary

To celebrate, for a limited time, we’re offering “Birthday Bonus Months” for PlayStation Plus. Starting today, lasting through July 11th, when you purchase a PlayStation Plus 1-year package, you’ll get 3 additional months, and gamers who sign up for the 3 month package get 1 additional month. That’s 15 months for the price of 12 (just over $3 per month) or 4 months for the price of 3 (less than $5 per month). There’s no better time to sign up for PlayStation Plus and take advantage of these birthday savings!

So just what are the benefits that PlayStation Plus subscribers have gained that you won’t want to miss out on? In its first year alone, PlayStation Plus has offered access to:

• More than 50 Free Games
  • Over 100 Free DLC Items (Add-ons, Avatars, Themes)
  • 170+ Discounts
  • Over 100 Exclusives and Early Access items
  • $800+ in Savings

It’s hard to believe it’s been a year since we launched the program, providing subscribers with offers like the full PSN game WipEout HD, a number of PSP minis and PS One Classics, such as Age of Zombies, and more recently, the highly anticipated early demo of Mortal Kombat. Subscribers can also get early access today into the multiplayer beta for Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception.

Thanks again for all of your feedback and dedication to the program. Here’s to more birthday celebrations as we continue to evolve the service for users to expand and enhance their gaming experience!

Enjoy!

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6

+ eyehate666 on June 29th, 2011 at 1:50 pm said:

Im dig Plus I guess. I started Plus JUST to get the Mk demo early, and Ive kinda grown to like it. Its cheap enough I guess, and it gives good early access items and free downloads. I STILL dont like the idea of SONY owning everything I download though.

A question… What if my script runs out, then I renew it a couple days after it expires… Will everything that I DL’ed for free be free AGAIN, or will it still wan me to pay for it since I got it when my Plus was active?

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on June 30th, 2011 at 2:48 pm said:

If your subscription lapses, you’ll be able to redownload everything you received in your subscription time frame once you re-up with Plus. Hope that answers your question!

+ gizzo_fyital on June 29th, 2011 at 2:07 pm said:

Get the PSN Plus!
This is my second year, so far no regrets.
Great discounts, early demo, full demo, free goodies, etc….name it.
If you only like one kind of game(fps) this is not for you.

cheers.

+ DrAcoustic on June 29th, 2011 at 2:30 pm said:

I notice you said nothing about its most important feature. The best thing about plus in my opinion is that you have cloud saves. That alone is worth the price of plus. I just wish you could implement an automatic save to cloud instead of finding all your saves and resaving them..

+ Hexperience on June 29th, 2011 at 2:46 pm said:

I’ll sign up for psn+ again when I get the Identity theft service…

+ reinking on June 29th, 2011 at 4:58 pm said:

If I purchase a 12 month PSN Plus card from Target and use it to renew my subscription will I still get the free 3 months? Or is that a PS Store exclusive offer?

I have enjoyed using the service and I want to renew but I’ve been using PSN cards for all purchases since the “incident.”

+ Hooligantuan on June 29th, 2011 at 6:33 pm said:

Hahahaha… $800 in savings. The best thing about savings is that they quietly skirt the issue of, you know, spending money to save money.

And that’s a grand total on EVERYTHING offered – money not spent while spending money on ALL of that nigh infinitely reproducible virtual/digital goods whose prices are wildly disproportionate to their actual scarcity.

Of course, the hope being that the consumer will not make these connections and instead think “Well, if I subscribe to PS+, it’s like $800 in my pocket!”

BRILLIANT!

+ Vergil3099 on June 29th, 2011 at 6:39 pm said:

What truly makes me happy is that PS+ came out on my b-day =)

+ sha4dowknight05 on June 29th, 2011 at 7:41 pm said:

If I sign up for playstation plus can I get all the offer of discounts free stuff prior to the wlecome back program??

Like I just can’t seem to find all that old stuff that was offered a year ago when ps plus first started or is the free stuff and discounts only available for a certain time???????

+ Zoryu_of_Setsuna on June 29th, 2011 at 8:20 pm said:

+ KevCity89

Really? I haven’t had a single problem with being kicked off PSN. It might be your net acting up or something, I’m not sure, when mine was going crazy like that it was because of my modem and router needed to be upgraded.

+ mr_chun on June 29th, 2011 at 9:28 pm said:

Day one subscriber here, and definitely taking advantage of the extra three months deal here.

Question, though, for Haro. Before the blackout, Crash Commando and Alien Zombie Death were slated to hit PS+ as free downloads on April 26th. We never got those games. Are those gonna get to us eventually, or are you guys just glossing over it hoping that people will forget?

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on June 30th, 2011 at 2:49 pm said:

I don’t have any information on these, but stay tuned to the next few Plus updates for details on what’s coming next.

+ triansyah on June 29th, 2011 at 10:03 pm said:

i get plus for 1 year before this offer,so the question is will i get extra three month too?thanks

+ Capshot18 on June 29th, 2011 at 10:20 pm said:

A week after I bought another month. Of course.

+ NinjaNabs on June 30th, 2011 at 12:39 am said:

happy birthday,now give the canadian users the qriocity music unlimited service.if we have a ps3,we should be able to use all of the services available to it.isnt that part of the agreement for all owners of ps3?

+ NinjaNabs on June 30th, 2011 at 12:40 am said:

an issue i wanted to discuss is the qriocity music unlimited service.why is canada the only country that doesnt get it?i checked on my psp and there wasnt a canada flag in the options.now i find this very sad.there are A LOT of ps3 users in canada,i can guarantee you that sony.so please fix this issue,i was even considering paying for the service.

+ FrozoneUSMC on June 30th, 2011 at 3:02 am said:

How do you know when your current subscription is about to end?

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on June 30th, 2011 at 2:52 pm said:

Go to Account Management under the PSN Collumn on the XMB: –> Transaction managment –> Services List –> You should see your PS Plus subscription there. Click on it to see when your current sub expires.

+ mastorofpuppetz on June 30th, 2011 at 4:50 am said:

The number of plus accounts was less then 200,000 last sony announced the numbers, that says it all, not many see plus as worth it.

+ Cool4x4 on June 30th, 2011 at 5:42 am said:

What would happen if you downloaded content when you are with ps+ and then your ps+ expires and your free playable content goes away and then if you sign up for ps+ again will you get all your things back automatically?

+ Zinacef on June 30th, 2011 at 6:33 am said:

I’m probably not going to renew. Things are tough as it is and I’ve found that I don’t purchase that much from the store to see any benefit in it for me.

+ Cyb3rfr34k-iso on June 30th, 2011 at 6:44 am said:

WHAT ABOUT THE games add-on, is it OURS forever to keep or NOT?
cuz if no i’ll never resusribe, 50$ for themes $ avatars is bull shi t!

+ theXsilentXchild on June 30th, 2011 at 6:44 am said:

I have a love hate relationship with my PlayStation plus. Here is why;

Pros
1. Free games – Games Like Sam & Max Season Pass and Stacking Are what we want! Day one freebies are awesome!
2. Discounts – Any where from 15%-90% off at times with Games like Penny Arcade being $1.99 to Tales of Monkey Island for $10. Thats what I want!
3. Themes & Avatars – These are neat little extras that feel like im at least getting something a little more each month.

+ theXsilentXchild on June 30th, 2011 at 6:45 am said:

Cons
1. Minis – Minis are stupid. Its like playing a game on your nokia phone on a big screen with crappy graphics that are distorted.
2. PS1 Games – There are a few choice ps1 games i might play again but I lived through the PS1 era and probably played most of the good ones. Looking back at ps1 games is horrible. Its alot different from playing a game that was on nes. Nintendo games at there core are cute little sprites that we come to love and most of them I still dont wanna play. PS1 characters were blocking and the computer graphics at that time were awful. I know i might get some hate for this but look at Final Fantasy 7. People love that game but Cloud looked like Rayman with a massive sword.
3. The Sega Collection – This is a huge waist of our monthly freebie game that will have taken away approx. 6 months away of Ps+ for the Ancient Games. Also you can get most of these in the Sega genesis collection game for $10. THAT IS HALF YOUR SUBSCRIPTION!!!!

+ theXsilentXchild on June 30th, 2011 at 6:45 am said:

In the end though I will keep it. My subscribion doesnt expire to 6/25/12 but I will stack another year onto it. I still feel like I get my moneys worth, but wish sony would give up a bit more. I’d even be happy with a few more free avatars a month. Just keep me happy sony and dont pull this sega crap again! I dont want a neo geo 6 month game release!

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on June 30th, 2011 at 2:53 pm said:

Love to hear the feedback, and I think you’ll be pretty happy with the content we have in store for year 2!

+ Lapwner on June 30th, 2011 at 8:07 am said:

I have been with Playstation Plus since Day 1; overall I am fairly pleased with the service, however I feel that we need more “exclusive” features. I am hoping that Cross-Game Chat will make it PS+ before the year ends, because my subscription ends in November!

+ firedog666 on June 30th, 2011 at 1:08 pm said:

I think that the people that are already members should get something to. just saying

+ GamrDadKinsey on June 30th, 2011 at 1:18 pm said:

I saw another member post this earlier, and sorry if it’s already been answered, but if I purchase a 12 month card from a retail store, will I still get the 3 free months when I redeem the code?

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on June 30th, 2011 at 2:54 pm said:

As long as you redeem it during the timeframe of this promotion, then yes, you’ll get the extra time added on using your retail card.

+ EvoAnubis on June 30th, 2011 at 1:56 pm said:

I’ll admit it; when the program first launched, I saw what was good about it, but wasn’t too inclined to sign up. After this free month, I’ve changed my mind. I’ll sign up by the end of the day.

+ KIRYUGHIDORAH on June 30th, 2011 at 2:27 pm said:

what happen to our free month of plus for plus users before the outage?

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on June 30th, 2011 at 2:55 pm said:

Plus users who had a subscription pre-outage automatically recieved an extra 60 days of Plus to their subscription. This was done automatically, so you probably didn’t notice. To check your time: Go to the PSN Collumn on the XMB: –> Transaction managment –> Services List –> You should see your PS Plus subscription there. Click on it to see when your current sub expires.

+ FunkyTable on June 30th, 2011 at 3:10 pm said:

I’m confused about one thing, the plus deals haven’t looked great to me so far, so I wanted to sign up on the last day possible for the Welcome Back Program. Is that day July 2nd or July 3rd? Everything reads the welcome back offer ends July 3rd, but I don’t know if that means that I can’t do it on that day, or if that is the last day it is available. Morgan Haro, please clarify.

+ Autoxfool on June 30th, 2011 at 3:30 pm said:

Purchased plus on accident to begin with (misclicked online while distracted by kid, but whatever), but was considering it after I saw Stacking for free. Missed that and got in right as the Sega garbage started being offered for free (later to see they are $4.99 games anyways, whoopie). And I think my expiration is wrong on my account but I’ll double check later.

My lone benefit is that I’ve downloaded oodles of games from Plus sales so I’ve recovered my cost and lots of time left to go. After a mere 3 months though, I’ve been very disappointed with what has been offered in terms of content for Plus. I can’t think of anything that comes to mind that I was excited about getting, and just end up disgruntled when I download a free game to learn that the trophy list has expansion trophies listed (which are neither on sale or free at the time of offering). Not going to fall for what Sony is are doing behind closed doors with this strategy but it’s frankly disgusting.

+ Autoxfool on June 30th, 2011 at 3:30 pm said:

For those who can’t quite figure that out. Get free game. Oh look, I need to buy the expansion so I can complete my trophy list (I’d venture to say most of us like to complete a game, esp if it’s worth playing). Oh damn, look at that my subscription is up….hmmm. I bought all those DLC’s for those free games…WHICH I AM NOW GOING TO LOSE unless I renew. So, either way Sony wins. You have to buy all games or you have worthless DLC (I suppose some could live with this), or you renew for another year so you keep the games….BAM! $50 (at current rates). How do we benefit from this plan again? Take away that lose the free game garbage and *POOF* that whole deal goes away.

People just don’t get it. WE ARE THE CONSUMERS. WE ARE IN CHARGE. If they don’t give us want we are looking for, we spend our money elsewhere. We have EVERY right to demand the most for our money and for our service that we already have money into via the console. If their profit margin shrinks, believe me, they will listen more.

+ Autoxfool on June 30th, 2011 at 3:37 pm said:

But frankly, I will not likely to renew. I never really purchased anything from the PSN store prior to this year although I’ve had a PS3 for several year. Most of the stuff I’ve got is stuff that someone in my family found looking through the store and we didn’t have. Now that the vast majority of that stuff has been purchased, the lack of decent new content, and the pathetic offerings thus far, Plus better have a good 2nd year if they wish to retain this customer to its ‘service’.

+ cortesc130 on June 30th, 2011 at 4:43 pm said:

Please add cross game chat and the ability to change your PSN ID to PS+ PLEASE!

+ tio_sw on June 30th, 2011 at 4:48 pm said:

3 month free first year + 2 month welcome back +3 month first birthday = 8 months free for me! thanks Playstation, Happy Birthday PS+

+ EvoAnubis on June 30th, 2011 at 5:00 pm said:

Okay! It’s official. I’m in’; bought my PS+ membership about an hour ago. Membership expires 7 days before my birthday in 2012, which is just WRONG! LOL! Looking forward to what the next year of membership brings.

+ riclucas on June 30th, 2011 at 5:39 pm said:

Thank you Morgan for replying to my post, although I’m unlikely to be taking advantage of this offer.

I took advantage of the 1yr + 3 months offer before they took it down a few months ago to extend my subscription until Christmas 2012. Now that that’s been extended until 03/09/2013 by the Welcome Back offer.

Anyways, I’ve been a very happy Plus subscriber since 06/29/2010, and I’m looking forward to seeing what PlayStation Plus has in store for it’s second year!

+ QuantumMercury on June 30th, 2011 at 7:27 pm said:

Got well over my money’s worth. If Sony continues I’ll be a + sub for life.

+ sid4peeps on June 30th, 2011 at 8:27 pm said:

PS+ has been ULTRA WEAK since the outage…pretty much all the content that was announced for the weeks during the outage never made it out. We missed out on some free games and other stuff too…

the Sega stuff does not count as our regular monthly freebies, so stop acting like it does…ugh…so frustrating cause nobody at Sony seems to care or want to address it’s customers…this is a HUGE ISSUE that needs to be resolved!

blah blah blah…

+ Solid_Fish36 on June 30th, 2011 at 8:52 pm said:

I think Autoxfool is right we should be able to keep our downloads. We spend so and so on PS plus to get nothing out of it. FREE should mean free, it’s not “free” if we keep renewing plus to play our games. The only benefit really is betas and discounts. FREE discounts don’t count either….we deserve to keep what we buy.

+ mr_chun on July 1st, 2011 at 1:54 pm said:

@Haro

Thanks for responding! I’ve made that post like a dozen times and was growing weary of doing so haha. Can’t say I’m not disappointed, but I’ll remain patient. :p

+ DoubleIris on July 1st, 2011 at 10:05 pm said:

I was wondering if the deal stacks. I am currently under the free sub and am interested in seeing more. If I buy the 1 year I get 3 months free but if I bought 2 years under this current deal would I get 3 months or 6 months total free? Thanks

+ wushukan on July 2nd, 2011 at 8:35 am said:

the free games are a joke. either they are games that have been rehashed from psone, or they are kids games.
how come there are no major titles for free for plus members?

+ BigHoop65 on July 2nd, 2011 at 9:45 am said:

If you buy a Playstation Plus membership voucher card at a retail store… will the promotion still apply when you redeem the code in the PSN Store?

if so, i’m jumping on that ASAP cuz i’m sold

+ SalamanderKnight on July 2nd, 2011 at 11:06 am said:

Since I recently got interested in PSN Plus(thanks to the free trial), I been interested in it. Now I hope that I will be able to get some of the free stuff that I missed in Year One.

But yeah, I am so getting this, 15 months is a good offer!

+ Johnny475 on July 2nd, 2011 at 10:53 pm said:

Hi PS PLUS First Birthday i got the PS PLUS FREE IN THE Welcome Back Package do i still get the other month FREE because of PS PLUS Birthday because there is a load of content i got from the PS Plus and still downloading
if this is true you will make my day and The Modern Warfare 3 BETA how do i get that i cant get it atall what so ever its doing my head in will it be on the PS Plus side of the store or in (DEMO) Section of the store instead i dunno atall please reply

+ bigjello067 on July 3rd, 2011 at 3:36 pm said:

anybody know why i cant see the welcome back offers anymore…it says that its supposed to be available thru today….7/3

+ ps_Poobah on July 4th, 2011 at 3:43 am said:

Morgan, I have a question, and that is how do you know exactly when your PlayStation Plus will expire? Is it in Account Management somewhere? I think mine will expire in November or thereabout, but I’d like to know exactly;

+ maj_- on July 6th, 2011 at 12:47 am said:

My PSN Plus in Account Management — Services List expiry is different (later) than the Games Bought expiry. Hope I wont find myself losing these games since I would still be part of the Plus subscription.

+ Kirchie on July 6th, 2011 at 1:03 pm said:

I got the free trial of PS+ and now I can’t get access to buy the subscription after the free trail ended. I keep getting a message sating that I don’t have access to this feature. Anyone else have this problem?

+ nsl29841 on July 7th, 2011 at 10:44 am said:

why do ps+ members in europe get a contest where the

Grand Prize is:
a 46″ stereoscopic BRAVIA 3D TV and an additional pair of stereoscopic 3D glasses,
a 320GB PlayStation 3 system, a PSPgo system,
a PlayStation Move Starter Pack with an extra wireless controller and PlayStation Move navigation controller,
10 PS3 games,
PlayTV, and
a five-year PlayStation Plus subscription.

2nd Prize:
Three people will each win a one-year PlayStation Plus subscription.

3rd Prize:
One hundred people will each win a 90-day PlayStation Plus subscription.

and all we get is 3 free months and thats only if we buy another year. i dont have many complaints about ps+. i love getting all the free stuff. but it would be nice if yall would do something like that for us

+ waranabatokwa on July 7th, 2011 at 11:07 am said:

@theXsilentXchild

check the available games again on the PS+.. the SEGA Collection are additional freebies on top of the monthly PSN games..

i have a three month subscription and i got Comet Crash, Bomberman ULTRA, Sonic the Hedgehog 1 and 2 and Streets of Rage 2.. and i’m pretty sure i’ll be able to get Golden Axe too on the 12th..

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6