PS4-The Order

New LittleBigPlanet 2 Packs Coming Soon: inFAMOUS 2, Toy Story, and FINAL FANTASY VII!

Eric Levine's Avatar + Posted by Eric Levine on Jul 04, 2011 // SCEA PR Manager

Over the next two months we’ve got some pretty darned cool LittleBigPlanet 2 DLC packs heading your way. I’m sure you’ve noticed the title of this post, so let’s not delay any further – from the depths of Midgar, I’m delighted to unveil…the FINAL FANTASY VII costume pack!

LittleBigPlanet 2: Final Fantasy VII

Coming to the PlayStation Store on July 12th, these costumes will let you re-live the struggle of Cloud, Aerith, and the rest of AVALANCHE against Shinra, from one of the most iconic and critically acclaimed video games of all time.

Exciting stuff – but that’s not all. I’m sure lots of you have been enjoying the continuing adventures of Cole McGrath in inFAMOUS 2. Those adventures can now continue even further thanks to the inFAMOUS 2 mini-pack. Released this week for $2.99, it contains costumes for Good Cole and Bad Cole, as well as a whole host of new stickers. Being a hero is optional in inFAMOUS 2, so this will give you a chance to show your true colors!

LittleBigPlanet 2: Good ColeLittleBigPlanet 2: Bad Cole

On July 20th, the Killzone 3 mini-pack will be released containing Rico and Hazmat Trooper costumes, and new stickers – I’ve raved about the coolness of the Hazmat Trooper costume in the past, so now you’ll be able to enjoy it for yourself. Just like the inFAMOUS 2 mini-pack, it’ll be priced at $2.99.

The next release to keep an eye out for is the Toy Story packs, which were just recently unveiled at E3. With THREE new costume packs containing all of your favorite characters, plus a level pack containing new Toy Story-themed levels to play through. These packs are sure to keep you entertained until the release of the LBP2 PlayStation Move pack. Stay tuned for more details (and pics!) soon.

Lastly, we’d like to let everyone know that MotorStorm Apocalypse content will be coming very soon. We have a pretty packed LBP2 DLC schedule with lots of exciting stuff coming up, but you will not have to wait much longer, I promise. Our apologies for any inconvenience!

Well, that’s it for now, folks – enjoy the downloadable goodness!

Oh, just one more thing…

Bom-bom bom-bom…SEPHIROTH!

LittleBigPlanet 2: Sephiroth

Don’t worry, he hasn’t been forgotten. The awesome Sephiroth costume will also be released on July 13th. I won’t tease you all anymore – here’s the full range of FINAL FANTASY VII content that is coming your way…

$1.99 each

• Sephiroth costume
  • Cloud costume
  • Aerith costume
  • Tifa costume

$5.99

• FINAL FANTASY Costume Pack (contains Sephiroth, Cloud, Aerith, Tifa and bonus Vincent costume)

169 Comments

+ DarkOne_PR on July 4th, 2011 at 4:52 pm said:

Just another tip…. This deserve a trailer liek the MGS one! XD

+ BanzaiHeil on July 4th, 2011 at 4:52 pm said:

Tell Square that this doesn’t count as the FFVII everyone’s been crying for.

+ Mrboom11 on July 4th, 2011 at 4:59 pm said:

the final fantisy costume rumers for lbp are now put to rest!

+ BanzaiHeil on July 4th, 2011 at 5:05 pm said:

FFVII HD, that is…

+ Detective-E on July 4th, 2011 at 5:15 pm said:

Now I need to buy lbp2.

+ Detective-E on July 4th, 2011 at 5:17 pm said:

Maybe I’ll wait for Mortal Kombat and Twisted Metal Costumes..

+ Hooligantuan on July 4th, 2011 at 5:33 pm said:

FFVII was a stupid game with three decent characters, one terrifically overrated, crappy villain with a super kewl long sword, and a middle school creative writing class plot. That game is Horrible, guys.

+ MarkakaJin on July 4th, 2011 at 5:59 pm said:

Since you guys are going to release FFVII. Will there be FFVIII costumes?

+ Larzhoneytoast88 on July 4th, 2011 at 6:49 pm said:

OMG!!!! freakin finally!! im sick of the animal costumes! Now for some real content! Thanks yous Eric!! At least someones keeping up with all the dlcs :)

+ Budapesti on July 4th, 2011 at 6:59 pm said:

Finally!

That said, I’ve just got back home from Anime Expo ’11. Not sure I can bear to see another Cloud Strife cosplayer, even if it IS Sackboy!

+ TheCrazyMerc on July 4th, 2011 at 7:12 pm said:

What about a starwars pack that would be so sweet.

+ arnoldmcguire335 on July 4th, 2011 at 7:13 pm said:

Are the said costume packs compatible w/ LBP1? since I don’t have LBP2 yet and still sticking to LBP1.

+ Link01 on July 4th, 2011 at 7:15 pm said:

Now we just need a trophy add on map packs…. but seriously, about time for the FF pack!

+ BLACKAC on July 4th, 2011 at 7:48 pm said:

Wait did they or will they release infamous 2 cause i dont remeber this

+ Fusion13 on July 4th, 2011 at 8:55 pm said:

YESH

+ Deev64 on July 4th, 2011 at 9:26 pm said:

Playstation, that costume is not “Good Cole” thats neutral Cole.
Good Cole is Blue with designed pants.

+ Techni on July 4th, 2011 at 9:41 pm said:

Sackiroth was promised for LBG1.

+ shadysaiyanz on July 4th, 2011 at 9:57 pm said:

Bout time, dang!

+ ArenaMech on July 4th, 2011 at 10:15 pm said:

Pretty disappointed, the picture of a Sephiroth Sackboy costume leaked months before the first game came out, and when we finally get our FFVII pack and it’s just a Costume pack? Why did it take so long if it’s just a costume pack? I’m hoping you guys have something else rolling along with it, maybe a future level pack, or something.

Not to mention the lack of any DLC for LBP2 since it’s release, there was an entire Level pack released soon after the release of the first LBP, like a month after the game came out. We’re 6 months (almost 7) into LBP2′s life and we are just now getting worthwhile DLC, I understand the Outage pushed things back a bit, but it really seems Media Molicule (or whoever is doing DLC for LBP2) is really dragging their feet. Will be disappointed if I don’t see a level pack come Christmas time.

+ ArenaMech on July 4th, 2011 at 10:24 pm said:

Just remember about Toy Story Level Pack, so, won’t be disappointed for too long.

+ Treequil on July 5th, 2011 at 12:05 am said:

This is a little too late… Woulda bought it for sure before… Just a little too late…
I mean, these are some really awesome costumes… (I wish I could get Sackboy into those postures… Maybe some really cool incorporation of Move would let me…)
Hrm… I’ll buy the FF costume pack once the Move Support Pack releases for sure… Of course, you guys *seemingly* completely forgot about that promise you made in Sackboy’s Prehistoric Moves, so that might not happen soon… And I’m one of the people that always recommends LBP… So… Get to work on that move pack for LBP2. xD

+ Treequil on July 5th, 2011 at 12:13 am said:

Lol, I know I can’t read. “until the release of the LBP2 PlayStation Move pack.” Can’t delete posts tho, so just ignore it…
But those are awesome costumes…

+ Kchow23 on July 5th, 2011 at 12:43 am said:

costumes look great! though would’ve liked for the good Cole to have a blue light bulb.

+ ORANGE159 on July 5th, 2011 at 2:16 am said:

Will These Costumes Be Available on Little Big Planet The Prequel?

+ Hardyboy2309 on July 5th, 2011 at 4:52 am said:

Where the toy story costumes picture.

+ omnichaotic on July 5th, 2011 at 5:42 am said:

While it’s crazy awesome we are finally getting the FF7 costumes from years ago (mind you back then would of probably got you more sales XD). I will be buying them day 1 obviously hehe =).

I’m curious to know if you are aware you still have yet to post the MotorStorm Apocalypse MinkPack DLC for Little Big planet 2. Even though you were suppose to Months ago =).

Media Molecule said they have informed you. So here is hoping next update you also include the late MotorStorm Apocalypse MiniPack =)

+ omnichaotic on July 5th, 2011 at 5:45 am said:

OMG I’m so stupid I didn’t read the bottom!!!!

YEAH *hugs you*

+ DEMOCRAC-Y on July 5th, 2011 at 5:48 am said:

awww… what? Np FF9? I wanna dress up like Vivi…

+ BlazeKush420 on July 5th, 2011 at 6:57 am said:

FF10 next thanks

+ korgon117 on July 5th, 2011 at 7:05 am said:

Next do a Final Fantasy X one, that’s my favorite of the series!

+ nicmustwin on July 5th, 2011 at 7:43 am said:

yes i am buying the cloud costume, toy story pack and infamous 2 costumes but can you guys make an uncharted 3 dlc pack with levels

+ actio1_618 on July 5th, 2011 at 7:50 am said:

please make a demon’s souls costume pack

+ TwinDad on July 5th, 2011 at 7:56 am said:

A few years late to the party MM/Sony.

+ ruthy13 on July 5th, 2011 at 7:58 am said:

I Want The Cloud♥ Costume ! :DD

+ Curtisio on July 5th, 2011 at 8:10 am said:

Well, I still play LBP2, and these FF customes will be real cool.

The Cole customes – I don’t know yet. I didn’t buy the first inFamous custome, so why buy this one? I’ve got to get info on the minipack part of it before I decide.

Toy Story customes – I see no picture of them, but a set of Toy Story levels would be cool. I’m assuming the levels will be fulled up with prizes, otherwise I’m not interested.

+ TwinDad on July 5th, 2011 at 8:52 am said:

So can pack 2 include a Chocobo and a Moogle?

Barret or Red 13?

+ JG4Horrorshow on July 5th, 2011 at 8:56 am said:

Awesome, will certainly be buying. And if a level pack decides to get launched as well within the weeks to come, I’ll get that too (especially if it adds new trophies)

+ mgsnull617 on July 5th, 2011 at 9:02 am said:

Im a proud owner of LBP and LBP2…. I also enjoy creating levels… However I feel LBP 1 gave me more content to build with than 2….this was disappointing cause now i feel I have to buy dlc just to enjoy my new game….Hey MM if you want me to buy LBP3 you better promise me something more than some crappy costumes and new music and just slap a part 3 sticker on a disk and call it a game

+ JG4Horrorshow on July 5th, 2011 at 9:35 am said:

DID ANYONE ELSE NOTICE VINCENT IS NOT IN THE LIST ON THE BOTTOM? HE BETTER BE COMING OUT THE SAME DAY.

+ JG4Horrorshow on July 5th, 2011 at 9:36 am said:

Sorry, my mistake, did not read that he would be a bonus for purchasing the pack. Please ignore my previous comment… *defeat*

+ ANGIROX on July 5th, 2011 at 9:38 am said:

i hav 1 question where do i get the money from cuz i cant use a credit card for psn so i hav to buy a 20$ voucher , cuz 1,99 is nuthing but i hav to hav $20 1st

+ saintaqua on July 5th, 2011 at 9:45 am said:

This is such a tease for more FFVII!! You know we’ll all buy it!!
More Disney packs too, plz!

+ saintaqua on July 5th, 2011 at 9:47 am said:

@Hooligantuan: Go play Call of Duty then. The rest of us want our Final Fantasy.

Where is my icon? So many icons are missing. :0

+ JG4Horrorshow on July 5th, 2011 at 10:03 am said:

My icon is missing as well… o_O

+ hikari_hanazono on July 5th, 2011 at 10:50 am said:

Ewwwwwwww, It’s Final Fantasy. I prefer Tales of Series.

+ darthcarnage3483 on July 5th, 2011 at 10:54 am said:

Hells yea. Toy story levels, infamous and Final Fantasy 7. Now we need the biggest evil badazz KEFKA

+ stlthriot on July 5th, 2011 at 11:13 am said:

I don’t normally buy costume add-ons but these FF7 ones are just too cute! I may break down and buy the collection of 5! :)

+ jdoub5678 on July 5th, 2011 at 11:53 am said:

im ecited for toy story and ff pack thx mm and playstation :D

+ blakseed on July 5th, 2011 at 12:22 pm said:

I need some avatars of everyone on this page in sackboy form as soon as possible, Vincent and Sephiroth more specifically. Can you guys hook that up??? ;)