PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

UNCHARTED 3 Multiplayer Beta: New Content for Week 2

Arne Meyer's Avatar + Posted by Arne Meyer on Jul 05, 2011 // Community Strategist, Naughty Dog

Like UNCHARTED

Welcome to the second week of the UNCHARTED 3 Multiplayer Beta!

We’re exceptionally excited as today is the day the UNCHARTED 3 Multiplayer Beta becomes available to everyone on PSN! By the end of today, anyone and everyone with access to the PlayStation Store should be able to view and download the UNCHARTED 3 Multiplayer Beta – no codes required!

As we head into the second week of the UNCHARTED 3 Beta, we’re updating the available gametypes to the following:

July 4
to
July 9
Gametypes:
Team Deathmatch, Free For All, Team Objective, Hardcore, Co-op Hunter
Maps:
Airstrip, Chateau

You’ll notice Team Objective and Co-op Hunter as new additions for this week. I’ve been liking the Co-op Hunter gametype lately – the twist of adding in human players into what seems to be a Co-op mode is quite intriguing. You can catch some clips of Co-op Hunter in action in the video below, or on our YouTube channel:

Along with the update to the available gametypes, we’ve updated the video playlist for UNCHARTED TV to add one awesome fan created video. We’re always on the lookout for great fan created content – if you’ve got something in the works, drop us a line on the UNCHARTED 3 Fan Created Content forum on NaughtyDog.com.

You’ll also want to check out yesterday’s IGN article as they caught up with Robert Cogburn, our multiplayer game designer, to get a temperature check on the first week of the Beta – and what’s the deal with players leveling far beyond the level cap of 25 originally mentioned back when the Beta started. Robert also revealed the astounding 600,000 unique players that participated in the first week of the Beta – we’re looking forward to seeing that number grow quite a bit now that the Beta is available as a public download!

If you didn’t catch the patch notes last week and were wondering what was contained within the UNCHARTED 3 Multiplayer Beta 1.01 patch, we’ve listed all of the updates below:

Relevant minor updates prior to 1.01

• Temporarily removed Plunder gametype from matchmaking
  • Added in Free For All to replace Plunder
  • Temporarily disabled Facebook integration

Gameplay

• Removed Yemen from map rotation in Free For All. Yemen will return during its regularly scheduled week.
  • Temporarily removed Cursed from Power Play rotation.

Technical

• Fixed issue where a crash would occur when backing out of multiplayer.
  • Fixed frequent slowing of framerate that could lead to the Beta freezing.
  • Fixed a crash involving Emblems.

Don’t forget to leave your feedback on the Beta in the UNCHARTED 3 Multiplayer Beta Discussion forum – we want to hear your likes, your dislikes and any issues you have experienced. We’re counting on our community to be extremely vocal to help us shape the UNCHARTED 3 Multiplayer experience to be one of the best!

+ IraqiCOD on July 5th, 2011 at 11:09 am said:

vend

+ jdoub5678 on July 5th, 2011 at 11:16 am said:

i love the beta countinue wat u guys do best , giving us the best

+ Arcadian_Rebel on July 5th, 2011 at 11:38 am said:

Sweetness! Bring back Plunder!

+ AugustWorldness on July 5th, 2011 at 11:40 am said:

Is the plunder coming back when?
What is High Stakes, and when is it?

+ ETHEREALMATIC on July 5th, 2011 at 12:16 pm said:

Hey Arne,

I don’t think that you should change the treasure drop rate or the fact that there’s duplicates. That being said, I think that there should be a booster (if there isn’t one already) to increase the drop rate slightly.

Great job on the beta! Look forward to the full game in November…. or should I say October after a few visits to Subway…

+ turtle13616 on July 5th, 2011 at 12:19 pm said:

u3 is good for SP only not really for MP.

+ Detective-E on July 5th, 2011 at 1:07 pm said:

Great!

Team Objectives and Co-Op Hunter is very fun!

But Free-For-All again? Wasn’t that supposed to be replaced?

+ Brandon_2535 on July 5th, 2011 at 1:31 pm said:

Is it possible to allow access to the Facebook feature even if we’re using a sub-account?

+ D-Squad3 on July 5th, 2011 at 1:36 pm said:

R3 to reset camera please!

+ jimmyhoffa82 on July 5th, 2011 at 1:56 pm said:

not a fan of co-op hunter, not sure what is so co-op about it, its so much more “competitive” bleck…

+ xKahuna- on July 5th, 2011 at 1:58 pm said:

Co-op Hunter was fun. . . until the player I was teamed up left leaving me alone. lol

+ angelspawn77 on July 5th, 2011 at 2:09 pm said:

Loving the MP, but the Co-op Hunter is not working! I got in a game and the timer was at 0:00 the whole time and all we were doing was killing each other, I saw some idols and I couldn’t even pick them up.

+ pickupdoctor on July 5th, 2011 at 2:20 pm said:

Game is super fun. I am at level 25 and will probably get to 2 today. I have been playing each and every game type to get a better feel for the game.

I tried co-op hunter and it is SO much fun. When I first joined the game I joined game in progress and I was actually confused since I did not know what was going on but when new game started I was all over it.

I must say that at first I had few reservations, but that is no longer the case. GAME looks awesome and I know you guys/gals will only make it better.

I am looking forward to co-op Adventure as well as 3rd map.

Are you planning on fixing any map issues that currently exist?

I get stuck in walls sometimes when I die or when I kill someone. Also Chateau has one wall that you can shoot or jump through.

Game is great, looking forward to more updates. Also when will we get our rewards for playing in the BETA?

+ jums300 on July 5th, 2011 at 3:11 pm said:

it said “game modes:
maps:”
so if it said “maps”, does that means there can be updates with other maps???

+ footballrule on July 5th, 2011 at 3:12 pm said:

Bring Plunder to the Beta!!

+ wolfzero1 on July 5th, 2011 at 4:30 pm said:

I’m enjoying the beta, although I’m not a big fan of Co-op Hunter. It would be nice if while playing Co-op when you go to open one of the treasure chests, there would be a better chance of picking up a piece of treasure that complete a treasure set rather than just the 3 medals that usually occurs. Occasionally I’ve gotten a treasure piece but since I’m not very good a TDM, I don’t have a good chance of getting some of the character unlock options.

Also please fix the issue with the PS3 doing a reboot almost every time I exit the beta.

+ Claire_Farron_ on July 5th, 2011 at 4:46 pm said:

@jimmyhoffa82 i agree with you on that.

+ eaglefan129 on July 5th, 2011 at 5:12 pm said:

i’m getting an error ticket something in others words I can’t play the beta

+ EnRaged_Assasins on July 5th, 2011 at 6:07 pm said:

Mann I LOVE This Beta… Can’t Wait for the Real game gonna come out.. Thnx Naughty Dog

+ Ramage on July 5th, 2011 at 6:43 pm said:

was REALLY diggin’ co-op but this new hunter mode isn’t really a co-op game. Not getting anywhere near the experience I was before.

There really needs to be some reward system for achieving goals (500 points for putting treasure in chest, 5 points per second when holding siege territory) as currently there’s no major incentive to go for objectives when you can run around killing people and rack up a lot more points.

Also don’t forget winners bonus (or in the case of previous co-op mode 1000 pt bonus for completing all 10 rounds)

+ bkmelendez on July 5th, 2011 at 7:01 pm said:

THIS IS FREAKING RIDICULOUS. ONE WEEK INTO THE BETA AND THERE’S STILL NO WAY TO BACK OUT WHEN THE MATCHMAKING GETS STUCK “VOTING WILL END IN 1″. TO MAKE MATTERS WORSE, I GET STUCK IN THE MATCHMAKING 8 OUT OF 10 TIMES I TRY TO PLAY. I KNOW IT’S JUST A BETA BUT THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT FIX THAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN. SUCH A PAIN TO PLAY THIS GAME EVERY DAY. IF THIS WASN’T THE FAMOUS UNCHARTED SERIES, I WOULD HAVE STOPPED PLAYING ALL TOGETHER ALONG WITH MANY OTHERS.

+ Hoohooblock on July 5th, 2011 at 7:45 pm said:

Hey loving the beta so far but found myself stuck in part of the satellite that falls in Airstrip and had to wait till the end of the round. Maybe add some sort of button in the start menu that kills yourself. Also I have to say that the map Yemen looks awesome and i would love to see some more maps in the actual game along with some more guns and more villain playable multiplayer characters such as Mr. Flynn from the last game in order to make the game feel more like an uncharted game and not just some other shooter game.

+ cancun69 on July 5th, 2011 at 7:59 pm said:

Hey guys im trying to leave feedback on da beta forums but it wont let me log in and i put all da correct info can someone help me??

+ NINTENDO2000 on July 5th, 2011 at 8:27 pm said:

I, GETTIN TIRED OF THESE MAPS -_-

+ ESE-VAMPS on July 5th, 2011 at 8:53 pm said:

hey there was a1 of them that u could play agains consol what happen to it was 3 people verses

+ Fusion13 on July 5th, 2011 at 10:01 pm said:

I’m liking this beta but can we have another map please.

+ fantasyfan9 on July 5th, 2011 at 11:51 pm said:

I cant wait to try this tomorrow. : ) Its gonna be epic! However, I wish that it’ll last longer…

+ shaniyousaf on July 6th, 2011 at 12:18 am said:

hii. my ps3 system was automatically restart when i want to close the beta ….. any solution ?????

+ jimmyhoffa82 on July 6th, 2011 at 4:20 am said:

@Claire_Farron_ I’m glad i’m not alone

+ dayvhide on July 6th, 2011 at 5:46 am said:

Why does my PlayStation have to break the week this comes out?! WHY?!!! (I’m sorry I had to let it out.)

+ Fre4king_Perf3ct on July 6th, 2011 at 9:30 am said:

GREEAATT!!!
MY GAME NOT WORK AFTER THE UPDATE
I PRESS : MATCHMAKING, AND THEN TDM, AND THEN ITS NOT FINDING ME PLAYERS
I WAIT 30 MIN ITS NOT FOUND
AND I TRY ANYTHINK: HARDCPRE.. AND THE OTHER
ITS NOTT WORKK PLSS FIX ITT!!!

+ Fre4king_Perf3ct on July 6th, 2011 at 9:30 am said:

HARDCORE*

+ tonylabb6 on July 6th, 2011 at 9:40 am said:

The beta still makes my PS3 reboot every time a try to exit the game. I have a fat 80gig model purchased back in ’06.

+ grg-tsa3 on July 6th, 2011 at 10:06 am said:

hi, i really love the game except it takes for ever for me to find a game! what- have you guys stoppe the demo or what?! i can’t even find a game anymore! i left my ps3 on for 10 mins and waited for it to find me a game.

+ grg-tsa3 on July 6th, 2011 at 10:09 am said:

yer, me too!!!

+ fabiel007 on July 6th, 2011 at 12:02 pm said:

O jogo está cada vez melhor. Parabéns!

+ JEC94 on July 6th, 2011 at 12:26 pm said:

you guys ruined the beta,the new co-op mode is ****! I want the previous one without time limit and 4 players please!

+ Death_Verdict1 on July 6th, 2011 at 3:07 pm said:

The beta has been great so far good job ND! However i have 2 questions. If i am able to finish all those challenges for those extra beta packs (for example playing 5 games of each co-op game mode) how will i be able to redeem these or know when im finished them all? Another question is the statistic tracking working over at Naughtydog.com? It’s telling me it can’t find my PSN name and saying i haven’t played any games when ive been playing all day :P. Keep up the good work!

+ KayP1012 on July 6th, 2011 at 5:53 pm said:

is there gonna be any girl characters in multiplayer because i love chloe and elena?

+ kenardo on July 7th, 2011 at 7:14 pm said:

I love uncharted2 and i love this beta if you give me back the option of L2 R2 flip please.

+ XxKnicks18xX on July 8th, 2011 at 4:43 am said:

I miss free for all !!!! when are the new maps going to come in?

+ zX_K1NG_Xz on July 8th, 2011 at 9:28 pm said:

Are they adding any more guns or attachments for competitive ?.. wanted tot try out the ak74

+ killuminatix6662 on July 8th, 2011 at 10:02 pm said:

this game better crush modern warfare 3 like it did modern warfare 2

+ jenner9999 on July 9th, 2011 at 9:46 am said:

uncharted 3 rocks thanks for the beta

+ jenner9999 on July 9th, 2011 at 9:47 am said:

r u going to put more maps

+ SpeedRacerTurbo on July 9th, 2011 at 3:54 pm said:

LOVE THE BETA!!! I will say that some weapons feel a bit under powered and that when I shoot someone in the head the don’t die. But it is a game and I understand. Also sometimes when I jump to grab a ledge the player does not always connect. All in all though the game is a blast!!! WAY TO GO NAUGHTY DOG!!! Counting the days to realease!!!

+ Deus_Ex_Machino on July 9th, 2011 at 9:26 pm said:

Are u guys bringing back the Yemen map??? I remember playing this map when the beta came out and in my personal opinion this was the best map. Hope you guys bring this back

+ RassenSibai on July 10th, 2011 at 1:28 am said:

The game still crashes for me even after the update, and the problem is that it crash every 15 mins (after i restart the system)

+ RassenSibai on July 10th, 2011 at 1:31 am said:

What will happen after the beta time ends on july 13? will the multiplayer option be available on the game it self?

+ switch386 on July 23rd, 2011 at 2:53 pm said:

I downlouded the game bata but it just ddont come up