PS4-Watch_Dogs

Resistance Dual Pack Now Available for PS3, Includes Bonus DLC

James Stevenson's Avatar + Posted by James Stevenson on Jul 05, 2011 // Community Lead, Insomniac Games

It’s crazy to think we are less than two months away from the release of Resistance 3! As we finish up Resistance 3 here at Insomniac, we wanted to let you know that the Resistance Dual Pack is now available at all of your favorite game retailers. For the low, low price of $39.99, you get the first two critically acclaimed games in the Resistance series: Resistance: Fall of Man, and Resistance 2. On top of that, we’ve packed the box with a bunch of extra DLC, including the Aftermath Multiplayer maps and skins for Resistance 2, as well as the rare exclusive weapon skin for the Wraith.

Even better, folks who catch up now with the Dual Pack will be able to show off their recent journey through the first two games with an exclusive Joseph Capelli in SRPA gear skin for Resistance 3 multiplayer.

Resistance 3: Dual Pack

To get you pumped up for the release of the Dual Pack, and to show those of you who haven’t played Resistance what you’re missing, check out this trailer for the Dual Pack.

That’s all for now, but we have much more to come in the following weeks as we reveal more from Resistance 3.

PAGE 1 2

+ mitcho2013 on July 5th, 2011 at 5:26 pm said:

@49

There have been reports/rumors that Sony is giving PS Store a makeover, but I didn’t think it would be this soon.

+ mitcho2013 on July 5th, 2011 at 5:29 pm said:

I noticed that the PSN updated earlier than usual (usually around now is when they would update), I am guessing that they intended to update earlier so they have time to give PS Store a makeover

+ Assasinator0240 on July 5th, 2011 at 5:31 pm said:

OH ALLRIGHT DUDE it’ll be done by6:00 anyway.

+ Chase167 on July 5th, 2011 at 5:54 pm said:

this is the epic fail bundle

+ PhantomReaver on July 5th, 2011 at 6:57 pm said:

Wow…I remember a day when people actually used to play games for fun, not for bragging rights over some non existent utterly pointless trophy…Honestly if your that concerned over those that you wouldn’t buy a game for that reason alone…it shows your probably wasting away your life in front of TV and desperately need to find a new hobby.

Resistance FOM, is just a blast to play and I’ve replayed that game more than any other I have ever owned. It was my first ps3 game and is still by far one of my favorites.

+ xITSxJUSTxWORDSx on July 5th, 2011 at 6:58 pm said:

lol @ Insomniac loosing sales and disappointing fans by being lazy

+ Motherboop on July 6th, 2011 at 5:43 am said:

@PhantomReaver – You’re right, RFOM is a blast, and the fans want an incentive to replay it once more. We aren’t looking for “bragging rights”, we’re looking to play the meta game inside of the game itself, which adds more depth to the gameplay experience. Trophies challenge the player to clear through a game inside & out, adding more value to the product.

+ Basindo on July 6th, 2011 at 8:44 am said:

They already explained that they COULDNT, not wouldnt, make trophies for fom. And honestly if you cant get two great games in a bundle because one doesnt have TROPHIES, you’re pathetic

+ mgsnull617 on July 6th, 2011 at 9:19 am said:

Why do people whine constantly about trophys and this game…..do you guys think that mattered when this game was made….it was a release title for crying out load…..Trophys dont mean crap and are a pain to upload…. our “competitors” awards are better and more user friendly and matter more

+ mgsnull617 on July 6th, 2011 at 9:41 am said:

Dont be mad at insomniac or James Stevenson…..He’s actually a stand-up guy you know many people dont respond to us…Be mad at Sony for not having the “stones” to hear our complaints and fix our woes…..

+ Phillyblunz on July 6th, 2011 at 10:01 am said:

I loved R1, and really liked R2′s coop multiplayer.

But own both and with so many great games out and coming have no time to replay a launch game, especially being re-released exactly the same as at launch.

Trophies give people a reason to revisit older games, replay them, and enjoy them all over again, so why are people buying this dual pack again?

You can easily buy these games used for less then the dual pack, all R1 DLC is free. R2 DLC is prob real cheap and I really doubt its highly populated anymore these days.

All this equals a substandard over priced combo pack.

What now that Insomniac is multiplatform they have no time to ensure quality on the PS3, my fears have been fully realised. I knew this would happen when they announced their development on the MS console.

The funny thing is I bet we see these two game release on Live eventually and they will support acheivements.

Oh well at least we still have ND.

+ Phillyblunz on July 6th, 2011 at 10:03 am said:

mgsnull617 on July 6th, 2011 at 9:19 am said:

“our “competitors” awards are better and more user friendly and matter more”

Ok xbot, peddle your wears elsewhere. They both just as useless and usefull.

+ jqtaxpayer on July 6th, 2011 at 11:16 am said:

There’s no way I’m buying your game for one reason: PSN Pass. Sorry. I’m sure your game will be great and all, but I’m simply not supporting games that have anything to do with Sony’s plan to charge everyone for online while saying that they, in fact, don’t charge for online. I know you don’t make the call or anything, but y’know… you’re conspiring with tyrants, which is worse than being a tyrant.

To be honest, after all of this, I’m finally considering going back to Xbox Live over this. At least they’re forthcoming about the fact that you’re being screwed.

+ Map209 on July 6th, 2011 at 11:31 am said:

SONY!! http://www.vg247.com/2011/07/06/sony-confirms-network-pass-program-for-ps3-titles/
WTH is this all about? What If I want to play on a different account?!?!

+ Motherboop on July 6th, 2011 at 11:39 am said:

@Basindo: 2 things — First, read before you post. It’s already been made clear that it can be done, but it would take up more time & resources than they are willing to allow. Second, don’t be a jerk.

@mgsnull617: “Why do people whine constantly about trophys and this game…..do you guys think that mattered when this game was made….it was a release title for crying out load” — Who’s whining? I would love for you to point that out for me because all I see is a majority of RFOM fans voicing thier concerns/requests. Of course it was launch title, or “release title”, as you put it. Trophies certainly did not matter back then, but to some it surely does mean something today. Take a closer look at the reasons why the fans, including myself, are “whining”.

+ korgon117 on July 6th, 2011 at 12:18 pm said:

People are still asking for trophies? Really? It’s not getting added into MGS4, what makes you think it would be in R1? It was a LAUNCH title! I mean I wouldn’t mind the trophy patch by any means, but R1 was a great game anyway with out the trophies. If you really want your trophies for a Resistance game just play R2 or wait for R3 it’s only a month or two away! Will you really get that much more out of the game if you see… “Complete the game on normal mode!” show up in the top right corner of the screen?

+ korgon117 on July 6th, 2011 at 12:24 pm said:

And jqtaxpayer, it wasn’t Insomniac that brought the PSN Pass along. That was Sony as a company. I also guess that means you won’t be buying Uncharted 3 or any other game published by Sony? Resistance 3 will just be the first to use it because it’s Sony’s first big exclusive for the holiday season. If you buy it new however, what’s the matter? Put in the code and your good to go, simple as that.

+ korgon117 on July 6th, 2011 at 12:26 pm said:

Plus just wait, Xbox Live will have something similar soon too. Mark my words.

+ Jaimzterr on July 6th, 2011 at 1:30 pm said:

Already got ‘em =]

+ Motherboop on July 6th, 2011 at 3:00 pm said:

What an asinine way to put it Korgon, seriously.

+ jqtaxpayer on July 6th, 2011 at 5:39 pm said:

@69: I’m aware that Insomniac didn’t create PSN Pass, but they are a participant in another one of Sony’s schemes to further prove how little they value their paying customers. It’s the old “I was just following orders” mentality. The Nuremburg trials showed how far that way of thinking gets you. Not buying Resistance 3. If Ratchet and Clank uses PSN Pass, I’m not buying that either.

+ zSiizZle- on July 6th, 2011 at 6:27 pm said:

yea, you guys all wanna know the crappy part? you’re going to have to pay to play this title online. PSN Pass is launching along with Resistance 3, so future games will cost us a fee to play the online multiplayers.

THANKS A LOT SONY! “we’ll remain a free service”, sure PSN is free, but you guys freaking know PSN is NOTHING without multiplayer, and the trademark of PSN has always been free multiplayer, not just free service.

wonderful.

+ jbk1925 on July 6th, 2011 at 6:31 pm said:

Hey , Has anyone have trouble with the Disc’s Freezing or not showing up when incerted into my PS3(thin) ????
Then got nothing???? In the Begining I got “Error Code 8001002B??? HELP………Please!?!?

+ mgsnull617 on July 7th, 2011 at 9:40 am said:

@ Phillybluntz and everyone
I’m sorry for calling anyone a whinner I just felt this game was a bit to generic to include a patch.
Hey dont call me xbot Ive never owned one….Ive played one yes and ive beaten a few games on one as well….but there are many fans here that can agree that weve been given the shaft one too many times and playstation can learn a few pointers from xbox…cross voice ect ect….I just heard about psn pass and that further proves me right….I love metal gear solid ….I get no trophy patch and I agree with korgan117 I dont need a congrats for beating a game on normal mode or a trophy that everyone else has for completing a objective that is mandatory to beat the game anyway. Philly bluts suck anyway I smoke dutch master bud

+ ritual1982 on July 7th, 2011 at 11:33 am said:

I am a new PS3 owner so I havent played any games in the Resistance series yet. Its my first month with the system. I did try out the demo on the PSN and thought it looked decent.

I noticed that it is cheaper to buy the games seperatly then it is to buy this dual pack.

This is why I agree with the veteran players who wanted to see trophy’s, I see their point. I will probably buy the dual pack just for the conveinance of having both games on one disk but I will spend 5-10$ more doing so. It would be nice if Sony would add this combo pack to the PSN store. Its more conveinant to have them completely stored on HDD rather then on disk.

Not sure if Insomniac is aware of that price problem for the dual pack. I dont use “Avatars” or “Themes” so the DLC doesnt interest me if thats their rationale. I think its strange that people spend 3-5$ buying them in the first place but to each their own.

Looking forward to seeing what the future holds in gaming. Keep up the good work Sony. Insomniac, im sure your games are better then your dual pack pricing so dont sweat it.

+ Phillyblunz on July 7th, 2011 at 2:03 pm said:

Are they re-releasing MGS4 and I didnt know, or are you just comparing apples to oranges?

Its reasonable to expect a company to make their games more current if they plan on “re-releasing” them.

Its also not really expected as much for 4 year old games which are not being re-released such as MGS4.

i’ll make it easy for you Insomniac, just make a single platinum trophy for R1, if you beat the game on the hardest difficulty(superhuman), (this requires you to first beat the game on hard), and make a time limit like 4hrs for both play throughs, then you officially have trophy support, but no one will ever be able to achieve it.
Basically you could just say its in there, no one can disprove it right?

Win/win?

+ Phillyblunz on July 7th, 2011 at 2:04 pm said:

I think Resistance one was like 25 or 30GB, you got that kind of room on your PS3?

+ korgon117 on July 7th, 2011 at 4:37 pm said:

@73 well it’s your opinion so nothing I can do to sway you obviously. But I mean think about it. This online pass nonsense is spreading throughout the industry like a poison. While I believe industries should make games good enough to not want to trade away, that unfortunately is not the case. It’s kinda stupid I know, especially with Mortal Kombat online, they force you to put in a code for the content, I expect quality content. MK online was a DISASTER. However, the team behind MK didn’t bring the pass about, it was WB. And aside from the online, it’s a great fighting game. So that’s why I believe you shouldn’t pass on a game just because of an online pass. The game could be a great game that your passing on just because of a little piece of paper with a code on it. It just doesn’t make sense to me. It’s not like we are paying more for the game just to play online, I mean if your going to buy something just for the online portion, you should buy it new anyway when the community is most active and if you buy a used copy 3 months after launch for the online, your a bit late to the party. Plus it’s better than an annual subscription just to play the online at all.

+ TUSTIN1 on July 7th, 2011 at 5:07 pm said:

@ 77 – sorry to disappoint you but it’s not even both games on one disc – it’s just both greatest hits versions packaged together. You may as well buy them separately unless you really want the ‘$10 dollars worth of DLC’, that’s mostly just multiplayer skins…

+ Emerald_Swords on July 7th, 2011 at 7:50 pm said:

Would be nice if these games were also available via ps store.

+ TehCro on July 7th, 2011 at 10:56 pm said:

People who get mad about not having trophies need to find a new hobby they actually enjoy. I’ve got my fair share of trophies, but I’d never skip out on a great game like R:FoM just because it doesn’t have trophy support.

+ GilgameshVIII on July 8th, 2011 at 10:14 am said:

Dude, WTF!!!! NO TROPHIES FOR RESISTANCE 1? COME THE EFF ON!!!!!

+ vimm1 on July 9th, 2011 at 6:38 am said:

Sweet! I just got mine. I never did play Resistance 2, looking forward to it after I play through FOM again.
How pathetic are you if you buy games based on the box art or trophies?

+ ritual1982 on July 9th, 2011 at 9:18 am said:

I went ahead and ordered this pack as well. I could of saved 5$ by ordering them each on their own, but I do get all the DLC for Resistance 1 + 2 and a Resistance 3 skin. I have never played either Resistance so this was a good buy for me.

+ NickHicksJr07 on July 12th, 2011 at 3:53 am said:

man the pre orders are intense. depends on who you buy from gives you different goodies. but the best is gamestop to do multi at lv 5 is nice

+ pincer55 on July 12th, 2011 at 9:01 am said:

Went out and bought the dual pack the day it came out and pre ordered Resistance 3 :D i purchased R2 and beat it but my copy of 2 broke and i never bought one but did beat it with a friend, so i figured i would buy this and pre order 3 ^_^

Great franchise from a great company, if you have not purchased the 1st 2 games but like R3 i recommend buying the dual pack, even if you don’t plan to buy R3 you should buy the dual pack.

+ Basindo on July 17th, 2011 at 9:46 am said:

When MGS4 Greatest Hits released it didn’t get trophies…why would FoM being re-released again in greatest hits format, only this time with R2, get trophies? You people complaining aren’t making sense.

PAGE 1 2