PS4-The Order

Digital Comics Store Update

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Jul 06, 2011 // Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

Digital Comics 6-15-11

Here are the the latest new comics for the PSP. This week will be the final update for digital comics on the PSP. The Digital Comics Team will continue to work on bringing the comic service to other Sony devices. We’ll make sure to keep you updated with any future developments right here on the PlayStation.Blog. In the meantime, you can continue to download any of the over 4,000 existing comics from the comic store as usual. Thanks for your support and we hope you continue to enjoy comics on PSP!

Here is this week’s update:

• 1001 Arabian Nights, Zenescope
  • Xombie: Reanimated: Free Preview, Devil’s Due Digital

59 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ Kchow23 on July 6th, 2011 at 2:03 pm said:

how about bringing the service to Canada? :P

+ XMbeaner on July 6th, 2011 at 2:08 pm said:

So are you confirming that PSP comics will not be on the PS Vita?

+ ItsNymo on July 6th, 2011 at 2:16 pm said:

Bit bummed to see the PSP comics coming to a close, but I look forward to seeing comics on those “other Sony devices”! ;)

+ TorgoTime on July 6th, 2011 at 2:17 pm said:

I hope you guys plan to pick the updates back up when the Vita releases. I would buy a lot of these comics but I’m worried if I can’t use them after the Vita launches.

+ Stoffinator on July 6th, 2011 at 2:22 pm said:

Will this finally bring the service to Canada and the PS3? Not that I expect anyone from Sony to answer.

+ joseph2411 on July 6th, 2011 at 2:23 pm said:

:( well hoping that those other Sony devices they are bringing the service to are Vita and PS3

+ TorgoTime on July 6th, 2011 at 2:25 pm said:

I’m going out drinking today. Maybe the alcohol will make the pain go away. RIP PSP Comics, pour one out for a fallen homie

+ Locke_VI on July 6th, 2011 at 2:31 pm said:

@ Grace Chen:
Its bad enough that you don’t reply to comments, and it’s just ridiculous that this is the first comics update that you’ve bothered to post since June 15th. I wish you would let someone else handle all store related blog posts instead of just attaching your name to something that you obviously don’t give a damn about.

+ XMbeaner on July 6th, 2011 at 2:33 pm said:

Well sounds like the PS Vita is doomed. First it’s other OS, then its PSP comics. What’s next Sony? What’s next?

+ TorgoTime on July 6th, 2011 at 2:36 pm said:

You can take away our psp comics. But you can’t take away our FREEDOM!!!!!!

+ XMbeaner on July 6th, 2011 at 2:37 pm said:

I would rather die with my PSP comics than live a life without them.

+ The_Leducs on July 6th, 2011 at 2:38 pm said:

What a bunch of whiners here. Cough, ESE-VAMPS, XMbeaner, Locke_VI.

+ XMbeaner on July 6th, 2011 at 2:40 pm said:

@The_Leducs How would you like it if your lover ripped your heart out and then tried to eat it. It wouldn’t feel good would it. That’s all were expressing here. We love and we love to show our love, and when our love isn’t returned we hurt like no other hurt hurts.

+ burningwind on July 6th, 2011 at 2:40 pm said:

It really should be revamped. Hopefully they are working on making it more functional to be included on the PS3 and PSV. Would be cool indeed.

+ Aaron_Rodgers on July 6th, 2011 at 2:43 pm said:

FCK YOU SONY! I HOPE YOU HACKED AGAIN! I SPENT MILLION OF DOLLER ON COMICS AND NO MORE! I GONNE SELL MY PSP AND PS3 AND PS2 AND WALKMAN AND VAIO AND XPERIA PLAY! YOU STAB ME IN BACK FOR LAST TIME! I’M BUYING A WII NOW AND ONLY PLAYING ON NINTENDO BECAUSE THEY CARE ABOUT CUSTOMERS UNLIKE YOU MONEY HUNGRY IDIOTS!

+ JKar275 on July 6th, 2011 at 2:46 pm said:

I’m REALLY UPSET that the PSP won’t be getting any new digital comics after today!!!

If Sony would have offered better prices + a larger selection of bundles + the ability to read them on the PS3 – then maybe this service would have been more popular.

+ MadMeat001 on July 6th, 2011 at 3:02 pm said:

Will there also be other kind of books?

+ MadMeat001 on July 6th, 2011 at 3:03 pm said:

please bring the service to Canada -.-

+ paly123 on July 6th, 2011 at 3:03 pm said:

im not paying for multiplayer online for yore games i might swich to xbox 360

+ Black_acid24 on July 6th, 2011 at 3:04 pm said:

Yes! batman update! anyways i heard about that psn pass? My friends and I enjoy burrowing games and now we cant because we have to pay an extra $10 to play online, what gives Sony?

+ Predator5218 on July 6th, 2011 at 3:20 pm said:

I wanted more Deadpool comics and they didnt add anymore.

+ ldkash on July 6th, 2011 at 3:44 pm said:

This is so sad :’(
Why? WHY??? Take ME instead!!! : ‘ (
Oh well.. Thank you for all the wonderful comics you’ve brought to the store. Thank you Grace and the entire PlayStation Store team : ) I appreciate all that you’ve done and I’m truly grateful.

+ TwinDad on July 6th, 2011 at 3:54 pm said:

After the Europe announcement I thought this was coming to the US.

I thought they were a bit pricy for what they offered.

+ EJayDub on July 6th, 2011 at 4:08 pm said:

I have to pay 10 dollars a game to play online now?? What the heck is going on??????

+ TheUndertaker85 on July 6th, 2011 at 4:15 pm said:

I really don’t think people understand what they read around here…

1) Comics on PSP that you already have aren’t being removed. This is just the last update for comics on PSP. They’re looking to extend the comics service onto other Sony/Playstation branded devices, IE PS3, Vita, Vaio, and so on. They didn’t even say that once that starts to happen that the PSP won’t be able to get or read the new comics.

2) The PSN Pass thing is ONLY ON USED GAMES! Sort of an EA style of online pass. If you purchase a new copy of any title that has the PSN Pass, the Pass is already included. However if you purchase used or borrow from a friend who has already used the Pass code, you’ll have to purchase online access. I don’t see how that’s even a bad thing. When you buy used or borrow Sony’s not making a dime off of you however when you use their online services they have to pay for upkeep of the servers and services. THIS DOES NOT MEAN THAT PSN WILL BECOME A PAY ONLY ONLINE SERVICE!!!

+ TheUndertaker85 on July 6th, 2011 at 4:19 pm said:

On another note that actually has to do with this post fully, please find a way to integrate the comic reader into the PS3. Many people have been asking for this to happen and really, being able to check out comics on a 42″ screen does sound more appealing than on a 3.8″ screen. Also, please look to add the comics store for Canadians and add present content to it. I’m not Canadian myself, but giving Canadians a little love never hurts. I’ve always thought too that services offered in one part of a region should be made available to all parts of that region.

+ jeffsmither on July 6th, 2011 at 4:21 pm said:

Will it be coming to PS3 then? Will any of these comics be on clearance?

+ WCKidRock on July 6th, 2011 at 4:42 pm said:

Extremely bummed as it looks like Canada is going to lose out once again. I mean there are so many countries with the comics….yet no Canada?? wish someone would grab a pair and actually answer us on the Canada getting screwed….think of the profits you could have made from comic loving Canadians. At least tell us that it is because of the CRTC or something…anything!

+ Munzapoppa on July 6th, 2011 at 5:51 pm said:

Bring all the comics to the PS3 and bring down the price on all of them to a dollar or less, then I’ll buy a ton of them. I’m sure others would too.

+ fathead170 on July 6th, 2011 at 6:23 pm said:

good stick a fork in it. knew it was gonna be unsuccessful and not profitable. please allocate these resources towards something a majority of us actually care about like improving the network with a overhaul of the interface includeing store. then patching in use ful features like cross chat. which vita can do but ps3 cant? auto trophy synch. check trophies during video chat

+ WilliamFuchs420 on July 6th, 2011 at 6:34 pm said:

So your basicly completely abandoning the psp then no games for months now no comics great so sonys new business model is for me not to spend any money on the store? Seriously with dcs digital focus in the coming reboot I was hoping I would be able to get them on my psp yeah I could get them on my phone or computer but the lack of a credit card made buyin a network card for psn the easiest way to get my comics fix. This is starting to seriously make me question my vita preorder if this is how your gona treat your supporters. Oh making this ap usable for the ps3 without havin to rebuy all the 200 plus comics I have bought would go along way toward makin it up to me

+ bakerarmy on July 6th, 2011 at 6:49 pm said:

You Don’t support any psp games but give us comics. What a waste, need PS3 support.

+ angelspawn77 on July 6th, 2011 at 6:56 pm said:

10 bucks says the 3 idiots posting stupid comments are the same person.

+ Heavenly_king on July 6th, 2011 at 6:57 pm said:

“This week will be the final update for digital comics on the PSP. The Digital Comics Team will continue to work on bringing the comic service to other Sony devices”

So in other words, the PSP wont have more comics; and that the service will come to PSVITA having more updates :D

+ saintaqua on July 6th, 2011 at 7:02 pm said:

Can someone please suspend ESE-VAMPS or ban him/her?
They’re butchering English, abusing caps and using foul language towards other users.

But other than that, I’m not too surprised it has ended.
It was a great service, but I was locked out of my Japanese PSP.
I do hope it comes back on Vita though.
I would love to have all my comics back on the new handheld. Maybe the PS3 as well.

+ saintaqua on July 6th, 2011 at 7:05 pm said:

Are there seriously that many people on here today who can’t spell, complain and type in all caps?
I hate when people abuse the fact we can have multiple accounts.
I wish they would go to the other consoles so we wouldn’t have to hear from them again.

+ lanis01 on July 6th, 2011 at 7:23 pm said:

Wow so much for customer loyalty. Thanks for nothing Chen. At least wait to confirm that the Vita is going to get comics before you completely do away with the e-comic market. I’m sure all those publishers that have deals with Sony will like this screw job.

+ frankma1962 on July 6th, 2011 at 8:23 pm said:

I was collecting the DCUO Legend comics and does this mean that you’ll not be posting that anymore? So I should be heading to the comic store to look for the last issues of the series? Great, I loved reading them on my PSP and looked forward to Wednesdays to d/l some issues I never read before.

+ KainDrake on July 7th, 2011 at 1:09 am said:

Wait, what? No. :( I really liked the comic reader. Why are you guys closing it? Will it be coming to Vita? And will I at least still be able to buy comics? More specifically, will that part of the store be removed or will it remain there? I need to finish some collections and buy some I’ve had my eye on.

+ KainDrake on July 7th, 2011 at 1:14 am said:

@ Aaron_Rodgers Excuse me? Nintendo of America doesn’t give a [DELETED] about their costumers at all. They acknowledged that we were asking and demanding certain games. They’ve even commented on it. And you know what they said? They pretty much said, “thank you for being out loyal fans, but we’re not giving you those games.”

+ Kryten591 on July 7th, 2011 at 4:54 am said:

I’ve bought nearly 1400 comics since they started this service. Unfortunately, a number of them are in the middle of stories or I was just waiting for more. No more Fables or Doctor Who ( which was being touted just a few weeks ago) or Y the Last Man. Hopefully, the Vita will supported them and we will still be able to read what we’ve already bought. I’ve liked the fact that I could read my comics outside or on a trip and not have to worry about the books being hurt in some way. And they could (mostly) fit on one memory stick. Oh, well, we’ll see what happens.

+ korgon117 on July 7th, 2011 at 7:09 am said:

Aww, I was hoping the final 2 issues of the Infamous mini series would come out :( Aw well guess that’s how it goes.

+ korgon117 on July 7th, 2011 at 7:14 am said:

And this blog post is about the comic store for PSP, if you wanna complain about PS Pass, please do so elsewhere. Thank you :)

+ Venom1976 on July 7th, 2011 at 9:46 am said:

I’m guessing that comics on the PSP didn’t kick off as Sony planned? or it isn’t worth converting to that format.

+ AJBS0NIC on July 7th, 2011 at 9:58 am said:

I can’t say I was an active purchaser of PSP comics, but it’s sad to see this feature die. It made many people happy and added some uniqueness to the PSP name. This, along with the horrible PSN updates, are making the PSP die a slow, horrible death. =’(

+ ssjmichael on July 7th, 2011 at 10:21 am said:

Poor Sales Sony? Maybe you should have put them on the PS3 too.

+ Pukadon on July 7th, 2011 at 10:59 am said:

Sorry to hear it didn’t work out – personally I kept my comic subscriptions at my local store. Digital may be the future, and god knows I don’t need to store boxes of comics, but I feel a sense of loyalty to my neighborhood store, and there’s just something nice about going in there once a week.

+ MrPink78 on July 7th, 2011 at 11:25 am said:

Sucks to see this come to an end. I was planning on buying some of these digital comics but I guess I’ll just save my money.

+ Spyroluver88 on July 7th, 2011 at 11:26 am said:

I wish the post above wouldn’t have been so cryptic. What “other Sony” devices are you talking about? If it’s the PS Vita then why don’t you say so. If that is the case and the service is continuing anyway, why not for the PSP owners? It doesn’t make much sense to me…

+ cardinalsfan1122 on July 7th, 2011 at 7:18 pm said:

Hmmm I wonder what those “other Sony devices” are… Vita hopefully I would be surprised if it’s not, PS3 is a possibility, maybe even on the Sony E-readers? Who knows.

PAGE 1 2