PS4-Watch_Dogs

PSN Summer Sale 2011: 30% Off 11 Games

Ro Hernandez's Avatar + Posted by Ro Hernandez on Jul 07, 2011 // Digital Distribution Manager, Sony Network Entertainment

Starting Tuesday, July 12th, 11 hot PS3 games will be available for a cool 30% discount in the PlayStation Store. And if you’re a PlayStation Plus subscriber, you’ll be able to download the games at a 50% discount. We’ve got a sizzling lineup of software, including Scott Pilgrim, PixelJunk Shooter 2 and all five episodes of Back to the Future: The Game, all deeply discounted, as part of the PSN Summer Sale.

Summer Sale 2011

For one week only, escape the heat and humidity with big discounts on titles that will entertain you all summer long. Check out the full list of PS3 games that are part of this year’s PSN Summer Sale:

• Back to the Future: The Game – Full Series (Sale price $13.99; Plus price $9.79; Regular price $19.99)
  • Chime Super Deluxe (Sale price $6.99; Plus price $4.89; Regular price $9.99)
  • Dead Space Extraction (Sale price $10.49; Plus price $7.34; Regular price $14.99)
  • Hard Corps: Uprising (Sale price $10.49; Plus price $7.34; Regular price $14.99)
  • Pac-Man Championship Edition DX (Sale price $6.99; Plus price $4.89; Regular price $9.99)
  • PixelJunk Shooter 2 (Sale price $6.99; Plus price $4.89; Regular price $9.99)
  • Risk: Factions (Sale price $6.99; Plus price $4.89; Regular price $9.99)
  • Shank (Sale price $6.99; Plus price $4.89; Regular price $9.99)
  • Scott Pilgrim (Sale price $6.99; Plus price $4.89; Regular price $9.99)
  • Swarm (Sale price $6.99; Plus price $4.89; Regular price $9.99) (Sale price $10.49; Plus price
    $7.34; Regular price $14.99)
  • Tales from Space: About a Blob (Sale price $10.49; Plus price $7.34; Regular price $14.99)

Don’t hesitate because this limited-time offer melts on July 19th, and the games will return to full price. Head on over to the PlayStation Store on Tuesday and take advantage of this season’s best deals!

+ a7x_RoCk3r on July 7th, 2011 at 11:57 am said:

These games are horrible, just like your welcome back package

+ AwRy108 on July 7th, 2011 at 12:00 pm said:

Wow, great prices, especially for Plus members–looking forward to getting a few of the titles on sale.

+ FireDog42 on July 7th, 2011 at 12:02 pm said:

50% off. glad im still a PS+ member. but 30% off isnt bad ethir

+ FireDog42 on July 7th, 2011 at 12:02 pm said:

ether*

+ BLACKOPS_4_3V3R on July 7th, 2011 at 12:03 pm said:

LOL I WASTED ALL MY MONEY ON BLACKOPS MAP PACK AND THEMES!

+ donte1337 on July 7th, 2011 at 12:03 pm said:

please add Battlefield Bad Company 1 and 2 FULL GAMES on PSN Store and have them at a fair price

DO IT

thanks

+ sindiewen on July 7th, 2011 at 12:06 pm said:

Meh, this sale is nothing compaired to Steam’s Summer sale. Better deals on Steam than PSN.

+ hypersk_us on July 7th, 2011 at 12:07 pm said:

After July 11 won’t have my PS+ account active anymore, but Scott Pilgrim vs The World for less than $9.99 sounds really good!

+ Hooligantuan on July 7th, 2011 at 12:09 pm said:

Just wanted to post that anything PixelJunk is golden awesome, Scott Pilgrim game rocks socks, and the Pac-Man game is incredible and thoroughly reinvented the Pac-Man gameplay (its only fault is lacking a Classic mode).

+ Deathspear666 on July 7th, 2011 at 12:10 pm said:

@Firelogic…You make no d a m n sense what-so-ever…tard

+ angelspawn77 on July 7th, 2011 at 12:13 pm said:

Shooter 2 is mine!

+ poodude on July 7th, 2011 at 12:14 pm said:

Nothing here for me, but hopefully a lot of others will take advantage of these sales.

+ FORMIK on July 7th, 2011 at 12:15 pm said:

Wait, hold on! I too want to complain about something.
Why are so many types of jam, jelly and marmalade for my peanut butter and jelly sandwich, but only peanut butter and almond butter for the other half? I demand a better selection for PB&J sandwiches!

How about some avatars to go with these discounted games? It seems all the rage these days.

+ megamixer on July 7th, 2011 at 12:24 pm said:

@Ro Hernandez
“Confirmed Amazon sales for Chime Super Deluxe, Pac-man Championship Edition DX, Tales from Space: About a Blob & Swarm…”
Sounds good to me :)

+ monyking on July 7th, 2011 at 12:28 pm said:

Hey, thanks for some more specials that are going on…I bet this PSN sells more than those others guys. For being a plus member has more perks…DISCOUNTS!!! Thanks and look forward to another sale.

+ marlyt on July 7th, 2011 at 12:31 pm said:

A) We need a PSP sale. Sony has done basically nothing for PSP besides minis in months.

B) Everything I buy goes on sale a couple of months later. You’re disincentivising us early adopters. Why buy full price anymore?

+ hush404 on July 7th, 2011 at 12:35 pm said:

Back to the Future for $9.79? hells yeah.

+ Warped on July 7th, 2011 at 12:50 pm said:

Yes! PSN just keeps on paying off! best investment i made!
Dead space extraction first thing Tuesday! love the move on it!
i pretty much own all those other games already or not very interested in them, maybe with this good deal might just pick one or 2 up.

+ JonJonXD on July 7th, 2011 at 1:00 pm said:

@7

I didn’t realize that you had to pay for that on top of the $60 USD for the games….oh wait, you don’t.

I don’t understand why you people are just getting butt hurt over companies doing this NOW, after many other publishers have begun to do it. Just buy the games new.

+ Phillyblunz on July 7th, 2011 at 1:03 pm said:

+ Ro Hernandez on July 7th, 2011 at 10:55 am said:

This is the AWESOME final list!

Your hilarious.

On a previous note, I think the online pass was inevitable, and hopefully will lead to extended support for online games servers.

Lots of games drop online servers after a couple years due to no further sales or income, but still population in online game rooms.

I almost never buy games brand new, why would I? I can just get it half price with 100% of the features later right? Not anymore.

This actually is incentive to buy new games for a large majority of people like me that never buy new currently.

But I have a method of obtaining these passes without even buying the game for free anyway so absolutely no sweat for me.

Just realise that decent game developers will use the extra money to support the games we love and future games in the same series.

Just do not buy COD online passes, that game is made for xbots, by xbots. Your money will never be used to make any form of improvements, it will just pad the pockets of the laziest and most inept game developers in the industry.

Cheers!

+ Esena on July 7th, 2011 at 1:03 pm said:

Please discount Braid again!!!! I was out of town when the deal went live and was unable to purchase it :(

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on July 7th, 2011 at 1:10 pm said:

@24 Ro Hernandez

Instead of being a smart *** and making a rude remark, you should address his concern. Being unable to access contents on the PSStore through a website in 2011 is ridiculous. Being unable to buy content for my PS3 while I’m on vacation through a website or even media go is unacceptable.

+ Taznorris on July 7th, 2011 at 1:11 pm said:

PS pass needs to end now, a couple months after the hacking fiasco, and Sony tells us we owe them if we like to buy our games used, I could care less about EA’s or THQ’s games, but not you Sony.

+ Phillyblunz on July 7th, 2011 at 1:18 pm said:

Oh and about Insomniac.

I loved them in the begining, they were tops.

Then they decided 60FPS wasnt worth the effort in games as it didnt correlate to increased sales=strike 1.
(see Rachet and Clank) Tools of destruction was 60FPS, and won best graphics of that year!!
Crack in time didnt. Just sayin.

Then they released Resistance 2 and dropped the ball a bit. No split screen story campaign? No weapon wheel?
Where’s the cool grenades that reflect bullets back at enemies? Or any of the really cool weapons for that matter?
This = strike 2.
Still have air fuel though so I’ll survive.

Then they decided that Xbox needs some love too, as sales on PS3 were not quite enough, maybe because they announced they would no longer produce games at 60FPS? Coincidence I’m sure. This = Strike 3

+ jstepp2 on July 7th, 2011 at 1:19 pm said:

Sweet!!!!! I was wanting to get BTTF: The Game for a while now, but since it’s half priced, you guy leave me no choice! Whoo-Hoo.

+ Phillyblunz on July 7th, 2011 at 1:21 pm said:

Then they announced that R3 would not even have air fuel grenades, and are only available to those who live in the states and preorder from gamestop or some other crap resaler I have no access to here in Canada. This = strike 4

Now I’ve heard that R3 will only support 32 online players? R1 had 40, R2 had 60, R3 is a disgrace. strike 5.

Watching gameplay videos of R3 I am highly unimpressed, looks very slow paced, very low difficulty, very boring, and I have seen no advancements of any kind in tech or gameplay, actually seems to have regressed.
I could be wrong on this one but as a huge Resistance fan I can only hope we havent seen anything yet.

Cheers.

PS heres hoping for some new innovative online modes, my fav part of R2 was the online Coop, but I bet Insomniac didnt see enough of a sales increase in R2 to consider it worth bringing back in R3.

Companies that make technical conclusions based on the sales of one or maybe two games are foolish, perhaps they just didnt advertise the 60FPS as appossed to the 30FPS so no one knew which game to buy and so just bought the newest one. The decision to buy probably wasnt based on FPS, but could have been had more people known.

+ danielsw2008 on July 7th, 2011 at 1:25 pm said:

Is there going to be a summer sale for PSP?

+ DrkrZen on July 7th, 2011 at 1:26 pm said:

Notice it says July 19th for the last day of the sale, everybody… I don’t want any whiners all over again, like the 30+ days that PS+ subscriptions were available. XD

That said, awesome line-up of games. Already have a few there, like Scott Pilgrim (lack of online co-op hurt this title, Ubisoft, but it was good) and Shank, both were fun. Been lookin’ at Hard Corps and Back to the Future for quite some time, though… so I may have to snag those.

Great deals, Sony… now put Outland and/or Gatling Gears on sale, lol.

+ ReDHaze_Phoeinx on July 7th, 2011 at 1:33 pm said:

Hello, I dont know where to ask this but will Ahnilation for Call of duty come out on time just wondering

+ that-acmilan-guy on July 7th, 2011 at 1:35 pm said:

PSN Pass, how could you Sony!!!!

+ KGH on July 7th, 2011 at 1:53 pm said:

@FunkyTable

wow, you sound incredibly asinine.

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on July 7th, 2011 at 2:00 pm said:

@104 Donte1337

You’re gonna wait awhile on that. Sony is not very keen on putting full retail PS3 games on PSN. Battlefield 1 and 2 have been up on XBL for ages and nowhere to be found on PSN….

+ xX_HB_X_2_Xx on July 7th, 2011 at 2:04 pm said:

dude i love playstion and plus why would you get a 360 from microsoft when you have a SONY ps3 i mean sonys a way better company and makes more products i also made new friends on playstation and everyone on xbox are stupid so ya you go SONY!!!!!!

+ FunkyTable on July 7th, 2011 at 2:14 pm said:

It is unfortunate that sharing games between friends and family members will become a thing of the past as companies battle the used game market, but necessary. It is also not that big of a deal. Sure I’d love to share my copy of Comet Crash with my friends, but instead I’ll just encourage them to buy it. Big Deal.

+ Genexi2 on July 7th, 2011 at 2:20 pm said:

Another vote here for access to PSN from a PC. Anyways, will be picking up Shooter 2, can’t say no to that for under $5.

Are there any plans to have a sale on DLC? They seem to be the only thing that hardly gets a price-knock on digital stores. It’s a good way to get people into playing their shelved titles also.

+ zennacko on July 7th, 2011 at 2:40 pm said:

Looks like I’ll get at least Scott Pilgrim from that list but I have one question: is the Dead Space Extraction on sale move compatible? (like the one you can redeem on DS2 CE?)

+ Coheno on July 7th, 2011 at 2:41 pm said:

Will this sale also hit the EU store? Would love for Shooter 2 and Swarm to be available here in the UK at a discount!

+ crazystang92 on July 7th, 2011 at 2:41 pm said:

Sweeeeet!! wil be picking up hard corps :D

+ Coheno on July 7th, 2011 at 2:41 pm said:

@zennacko

It’s the same game, of course it is!

+ a7x_RoCk3r on July 7th, 2011 at 2:52 pm said:

PS plus is the worst thing you could ever have done. Call it what you want, but we all know the money isn’t going towards improvements. The SECOND I have to pay to play online in any way, I’m selling my PS3. Done. You guys are loosing masses of respect from me, and millions of others just because you want a little extra cash. you guys are becoming pathetic. Also, these aren’t “hot” games. They’re cheap mini games at best. It’s sad..I used to love Sony..but I guess they’re just like every other company.. Couldn’t give a [DELETED] about anyone’s opinion, just what’s going to make the most possible money. If this PS pass EVER affects any used multi-platform game, your console is going on e bay and I’m upgrading my PC. Go ahead, try me. But when you loose your fan base, don’t blame it on the consumer, blame it on your greedy selves.

+ Morisato06 on July 7th, 2011 at 2:55 pm said:

@the people who think used game sales Don’t hurt developers (because they already made a sale)

Think of it this way… When you buy a game used (and this is for almost EVERY game offered to me at gamestop), the used price is usually only around $5 USD cheaper…

when you SELL a used game to Gamestop, the price offered to you is WAAAAY below the retail value of the game (even if you bought the game the same day, and returned it the same day)…

So gamestop is making a VERY large profit off of the video games in which they (obviously) put no work or effort into producing.

Cough up the few extra bucks for the new game, and support the Developers. The whole “hurting the used game market” by requiring a code to play online (included with new copies) is crap in my opinion, due to the very small difference in the prices.

I would agree if this was hurting used game sale IF, and only if, the prices of those *used* games were significantly cheaper than the new copies.

+ rdmof6 on July 7th, 2011 at 2:59 pm said:

I wont be buying any of this, but the PacMan DX game is beast!

+ Healey- on July 7th, 2011 at 3:06 pm said:

@142 Same with used car dealers, but that’s life. Add pawn shops and many other things to that list. Getting rid of them isn’t a necessity.

Your right in terms of the markup, but those are only people who go try find newly released games used. Many people actually use this to get old games that are aren’t for sale retail anymore. These games will probably be avoided in time because of that, not that most will really care anyways; many of these games aren’t what would be considered timeless classics.

+ devilforce12 on July 7th, 2011 at 3:10 pm said:

sounds great

+ PanTheMan16 on July 7th, 2011 at 3:12 pm said:

Why not have a sale on the high-quality games that people Really want?

Flower
flOw
Castle Crashers
Outland
Dead Nation
PixelJunk series

etc etc…

I guess sales like these do make sense because the good games don’t have any trouble selling, but still..

I already buy all the games I want so a sale wouldn’t benefit me anyway, but it’d just be nice to see the top titles featured in a sale for once. Although, when they are, you only save about $2 anyway.

+ mudismyname1 on July 7th, 2011 at 3:24 pm said:

@ 146
Tales from Space: About a Blob, is a great game. I was going to buy it this weekend now that I played the demo this just sweetens the deal. Oh, and thanks to the welcome back program I’m a PS+ member….. Yaaa for me. :)

+ knownSO on July 7th, 2011 at 3:27 pm said:

wow story of my PSN life.. I usually buy like 2 of the games listed before they go on sale! (and its usually the expensive ones) THANKS SONY!

+ ElektroDragon on July 7th, 2011 at 3:31 pm said:

WOW some great deals! Why must we wait a week!

Picking up Shank and Swarm for $5 each when I’d have to spend $15 each on Xbox is amazing! Also picking up the Pixel Junk and Back to The Future. Thanks PSN!

+ msquita on July 7th, 2011 at 3:41 pm said:

this great offer

+ msquita on July 7th, 2011 at 3:42 pm said:

hopefully get to put some games for those who do not have play station plus