LittleBigPlanet 3

Limbo Comes to PSN on July 19th

Dino Patti's Avatar + Posted by Dino Patti on Jul 08, 2011 // CEO and Co-founder, Playdead

It has been one year since LIMBO originally launched, and that year has been an incredible time for everyone at Playdead. We’ve gotten feedback from many people around the world, and it’s been amazing to hear about the experiences people have had with the game.

So we are happy, on the mark of LIMBO’s birthday, to bring the experience further and share it with even more people. We will be releasing the game on the PS3 through the PlayStation Network on the following dates:

• US – July 19th
  • Europe – July 20th
  • Japan/Asia – to be announced soon

Since we have gotten a lot of requests for the LIMBO Soundtrack, we are also making that available starting this Monday, July 11th on iTunes. If you are interested in more infrequent updates about the game, please feel free to sign up for the newsletter on our website www.limbogame.org. So, with less than two weeks to wait to get LIMBO on PSN, we hope everyone will enjoy the game and the little extra secret we have in store for you…

We look forward hearing what you think!
Regards,
@DinoPatti

119 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3

+ Ricky-1192 on July 8th, 2011 at 10:02 am said:

Ha eat that xbox

+ Shibertron on July 8th, 2011 at 10:06 am said:

look great

+ Despair-Amit on July 8th, 2011 at 10:06 am said:

Very nice, was hoping it would come to PSN. What’s the price going to be?

+ NinjaZeroEight on July 8th, 2011 at 10:06 am said:

Looks great. How much will it be?

+ DZORMAGEN on July 8th, 2011 at 10:07 am said:

Thank you so much for bringing this to PSN. I am a loyal PS3 owner, and I been wanting to play this! I will buy this day 1, and I hope everyone else does too. I hope more devs. take note, and bring their games to the PSN. Just one question, how much will it be for everyone and will Plus users get a discount?

P.S. I already signed up for the newsletter! :)

+ Sky-Rocketed77 on July 8th, 2011 at 10:09 am said:

hehehehe…xbox what?

+ Emerald_Swords on July 8th, 2011 at 10:10 am said:

WHAT IS THE SECRET???

+ SpyDudeFX on July 8th, 2011 at 10:10 am said:

I’m glad LIMBO is coming to PSN. Any plans for PS Home support? On 360 you offered a free shirt and creature item as an unlock for Xbox avatar. Thanks.

+ Cat_Corye on July 8th, 2011 at 10:12 am said:

Sony when will you stop taking alot of games from Microsoft? lol its getting to the point were my PS3 might run out of hard drive space and I’m using 500GBs.

Keep up the work.

+ Deathspear666 on July 8th, 2011 at 10:14 am said:

360 who??? lol :)

+ DuffBeerLight on July 8th, 2011 at 10:20 am said:

off topic but i am getting mad at sony my old psp broke i could not deactivate it then they tell me that i have
4 activations left but i would like all 5 of them because i can not deactivat my old broke system and sony does not want to do anything about it and i have been talking about this back and fourth for a month its nice that the network was down so loong and they could not do any thing about it this will be the last thing i buy from sony again

+ cronqvist on July 8th, 2011 at 10:24 am said:

Ever since it was released on Xbox I was hoping to one day play it on the PS3. Now that day will finally come. SWEET!

+ Destiny89 on July 8th, 2011 at 10:25 am said:

Very nice, i shall get

+ NiteVersions on July 8th, 2011 at 10:25 am said:

Not sure why you guys are bringing up the 360, as if this is some victory over them for getting a game(s) a year later.

+ chaoszero14 on July 8th, 2011 at 10:28 am said:

Any word on the price? It doesn’t matter either way i will be purchasing it!

+ Sharingan_itachi on July 8th, 2011 at 10:29 am said:

Would be nice if you guys can bring to Android as well. Would buy it twice.

+ ihatereading369 on July 8th, 2011 at 10:29 am said:

Heard great things about this game… Throw a Playstation Plus discount in there and ill buy this on day 1.

+ BlindsideDork on July 8th, 2011 at 10:30 am said:

It will be $15 for this indie game that doesn’t have a story and loses direction/interest after the first 1/3 of the game…which is only a total of 2 hours long.

+ WatchGrassGrow on July 8th, 2011 at 10:30 am said:

Awesome. I got 100% for this on my 360, now hopefully I can do the same with my PS3. I love this game and can’t wait to see what this “Secret” is.

+ BlindsideDork on July 8th, 2011 at 10:32 am said:

@7 Emerald_Swords

The secret is you have to make up the story for the game.

+ rajendra82 on July 8th, 2011 at 10:36 am said:

Now wheres ms and mr splosion man

+ Frejim on July 8th, 2011 at 10:38 am said:

reasonable price and I’m sold!

+ Wozman23 on July 8th, 2011 at 10:39 am said:

Thanks. It was one of the only reasons I wanted a 360. Glad to see it make the jump.

+ WarEnder on July 8th, 2011 at 10:40 am said:

The only game 360 had that I wanted. Thanks

+ Deathspear666 on July 8th, 2011 at 10:40 am said:

Anyone want to enlighten me as to WHY people in my friends list still have the PS+ symbol on their names when i know for a fact they ALL got it the day we got the 30 day free trial and haven’t purchased it?? Only 2 and my self have it for real…

+ S-135 on July 8th, 2011 at 10:43 am said:

@BlindsideDork : The story was that a boy woke up to find that he had lost his sister, so he goes out to find her. Not sure how or why you didn’t understand that if it’s so simple. Maybe you’re just slow?

+ lcmnick on July 8th, 2011 at 10:50 am said:

Nice one Dino and Playdead.

+ davoo21 on July 8th, 2011 at 10:53 am said:

Sweet game. Hope it’s $10, $15 would be a bit much

+ General_Keenaye on July 8th, 2011 at 10:54 am said:

Someone could create an exact duplicate of LIMBO on LittleBigPlanet. Please prove me wrong, because I would need quite a bit of convincing to buy this game. Does it have a solid storyline?

+ sethchilders on July 8th, 2011 at 10:54 am said:

I own Limbo on the 360, and it is an excellent game. It’s great that PS3 owners will finally be able to play Limbo.

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on July 8th, 2011 at 10:55 am said:

Maybe when it’s on sale. I do not pay full price for year old ports.

+ Axecution on July 8th, 2011 at 11:07 am said:

YES! This and Alan Wake were the only reasons why i bought a 360, but after beating Alan Wake i sold my 360 and never actually got a chance to try Limbo. Finally i get to buy it. :D
Awesome.

+ Hellman on July 8th, 2011 at 11:07 am said:

Day one purchase for me been wanting this game since the day I saw it on 360.

+ Link01 on July 8th, 2011 at 11:17 am said:

Awesome… except I wasn’t a fan of it on the 360.

+ Conaaando on July 8th, 2011 at 11:20 am said:

Wonderful! Would we have a demo or a trial? (PSN+)

+ sephiroth54321 on July 8th, 2011 at 11:23 am said:

nice, i hope that shadow complex is the next game that they’ll try to get on the ps3 ^^

+ ixnine on July 8th, 2011 at 11:26 am said:

All I gots-ta say is: FINALLY!

+ theSam-89 on July 8th, 2011 at 11:46 am said:

I would be more than overjoyed at this news, if I wasn’t disappointed…I’d followed the game for a couple years before it came out and was so much looking forward to it, but when I asked, the developers made it clear it would never come to anything but Xbox. So just recently, when I got to borrow an Xbox for a day, I bought the game, knowing that I’d lose that copy forever once I was done. It was an excellent game, but I rushed through it so I could finish it on time. It was worth it for me, because I knew it was the only way I could ever play it without buying an Xbox. Now I hear I could have bought it to keep, and taken my time so I could savor the experience! Well, that just sucks…oh, I’ll probably buy it again sometime. My main regret is that I had to rush through it.

But I don’t want to sound like a whiner. This is a GREAT game, and it definitely deserves all the praise it’s gotten! I highly, highly recommend it. One of the very best indie games to come out.

+ lucihan on July 8th, 2011 at 11:48 am said:

Awesome! I love this game.

+ mcbuttz78 on July 8th, 2011 at 11:49 am said:

never heard of it , Biut. i like the avi of the dead crow will please put t a few for sale on psn..

I wish you thr best of luck with this and hopes to see more from you..

Mcbuttz78
vp-psn legionairee group

+ SirTrigalot on July 8th, 2011 at 11:51 am said:

@1 my thoughts exactly. I will most likely pick this up at the end of the month

+ x1STP_KLOSRx on July 8th, 2011 at 11:59 am said:

I already played this on the XBOX 360 but for those that didn’t, it’s a pretty good game. Pick it up if you can, but be aware that it’s only about 3 hours.

+ Brandon_2535 on July 8th, 2011 at 12:07 pm said:

Great news! Might just have to pick this up now. I wonder what the secret is…

+ DIGGY305 on July 8th, 2011 at 12:12 pm said:

Cant wait looks awesome

+ ajayghosal on July 8th, 2011 at 12:12 pm said:

has to be 10$$, caz thats what it was on xbox, ps+ discount ???

+ Amans91 on July 8th, 2011 at 12:14 pm said:

hopefully PS+ will get a discount

+ sindiewen on July 8th, 2011 at 12:15 pm said:

We have a date, we just need a price. Im guessins same price as the 360 version, $15.

Im probably going to pick this up on steam.

+ FireDog42 on July 8th, 2011 at 12:19 pm said:

good date but here what everybody wants to know sony:

“what is the price for LIMBO?” and is it going to be free or have a discount for PS+ users?”

+ BossmanCCrowder1 on July 8th, 2011 at 12:19 pm said:

Thanks guys! Definitely picking it up soon. I really wanted to play it when it was released on the 360.

Dino Patti's Avatar

+ Dino Patti on July 8th, 2011 at 12:23 pm said:

We can’t talk about the price yet.. I’ve heard a bird sing about a PS+ discount ;)

PAGE 1 2 3