PS4 - Transistor

Limbo Comes to PSN on July 19th

Dino Patti's Avatar + Posted by Dino Patti on Jul 08, 2011 // CEO and Co-founder, Playdead

It has been one year since LIMBO originally launched, and that year has been an incredible time for everyone at Playdead. We’ve gotten feedback from many people around the world, and it’s been amazing to hear about the experiences people have had with the game.

So we are happy, on the mark of LIMBO’s birthday, to bring the experience further and share it with even more people. We will be releasing the game on the PS3 through the PlayStation Network on the following dates:

• US – July 19th
  • Europe – July 20th
  • Japan/Asia – to be announced soon

Since we have gotten a lot of requests for the LIMBO Soundtrack, we are also making that available starting this Monday, July 11th on iTunes. If you are interested in more infrequent updates about the game, please feel free to sign up for the newsletter on our website www.limbogame.org. So, with less than two weeks to wait to get LIMBO on PSN, we hope everyone will enjoy the game and the little extra secret we have in store for you…

We look forward hearing what you think!
Regards,
@DinoPatti

119 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3

+ poisonedsodapop on July 10th, 2011 at 6:01 am said:

Not to go all “console” war but 360 is really losing a lot of exclusives huh? Glad though, keep hearing good things about this one. Price it decent and you’ve probably got me day one.

+ Alyyse on July 10th, 2011 at 7:12 am said:

i played the demo on xbox. its pretty sweet

+ Darkstar01FTW on July 10th, 2011 at 8:55 am said:

I’ve seen the full gameplay of that on Xbox though…. it’s a game of many fatalities, ranging from falling to your death to getting mashed like a bug by a gear

+ jazzyrider on July 10th, 2011 at 9:23 am said:

I’ve played this on XBL – awesome game! Can’t wait to find out the secret for the PS3 version!!

+ PimblyCharles on July 10th, 2011 at 10:39 am said:

@Dino Patti on July 8th, 2011 at 12:23 pm said:
We can’t talk about the price yet.. I’ve heard a bird sing about a PS+ discount ;)

Nice! I’ll definitely pick it up if there’s a PS+ discount! I wonder what the surprise they were talking about above is? I really hope it’s not just some dumb avatar. I’m actually hoping it’ll be the soundtrack for free with a purchase of the game. Now that would rock! With Limbo & Dead Space Extraction for 50% off, I’m going to have a fun month. By the way, I picked of that little game that could: Afrika. What under appreciated game! I wonder if Sony would ever like to publish Aquanaught’s Holiday for a US release?!

+ DrunkRaba on July 10th, 2011 at 10:54 am said:

Looks interesting! I will give it a go.

+ BuZZuh on July 10th, 2011 at 12:59 pm said:

Game has a Dark appeal to it, looks good enough to buy. Price will be………. what?

+ writingpoetry on July 10th, 2011 at 8:36 pm said:

about $7.99 -$10

+ DrkrZen on July 10th, 2011 at 9:48 pm said:

Very cool. I’ll prolly download it once it comes on sale, since I already played it in LBP2. =D

Still a great lookin’ title, though.

+ DavidBallZ on July 10th, 2011 at 11:03 pm said:

Geometry Wars pl0x ;)

+ mgsnull617 on July 11th, 2011 at 9:36 am said:

game looks like lbp copycat….I could make this game myself why should i buy?

+ Kirkpad on July 15th, 2011 at 1:06 pm said:

“I’ll prolly download it once it comes on sale, since I already played it in LBP2″

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA…. *inhale*…. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Seriously, I’m laughing out loud right now. Like a bloody hyena.

+ Kirkpad on July 15th, 2011 at 1:08 pm said:

“I could make this game myself”

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA…. *inhale*…. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Please, show me the game you can make “yourself”.

LBP2 levels can’t get nearly as good as this game. LBP2 was made for unique gameplay concepts, not to poorly mimic PSN games. You really think Peggle or Limbo in LBP2 is as good as the PSN version? Put down the bottle.

+ Alpacatron on July 18th, 2011 at 9:39 am said:

“I could make this game myself”

Seroiusly, this has to be the most inane comment I’ve read in a while… the game is being released for PC & PS3 due to the extreme high demand for it. Don’t be stupid. If you don’t want to play it, don’t buy it, and go post somewhere else.

+ SnaKE-EaTeR27 on July 18th, 2011 at 11:48 pm said:

PS3 user only here so this is great news.. I’ve heard good things about this game and it looks great

+ scorpio182 on July 19th, 2011 at 12:04 pm said:

limbo, if priced right will be mine.

+ Profane-lite on July 19th, 2011 at 12:19 pm said:

Soo…it’s the 19th, middle of the afternoon. Where’s Limbo? Shall I go spend my money with Steam instead, since they apparently manage store updates in a more timely fashion? Think I shall! 8)

+ losdangerous on July 20th, 2011 at 12:05 am said:

got the game! but what could the secret be?

+ Moromete888 on July 20th, 2011 at 2:55 pm said: