Driveclub

Watch 15 Minutes of BioShock Infinite for PS3

Ken Levine's Avatar + Posted by Ken Levine on Jul 08, 2011 // Creative Director and Co-founder, Irrational Games

Okay, we’ve teased you for long enough. We showed you a teaser on PlayStation’s E3 stage. We leaked out dribs and drabs of content over the past few weeks. Yeah, we’re S.O.Bs. But we’re S.O.Bs with an expiration date! And today’s that date.

Here it is, a video of the full demonstration that we showed to the press at E3, all 15 minutes of it. We’d love to know what you think at our forums at www.irrationalgames.com.

-Ken (@iglevine)

121 Comments   1 Reply

PAGE 1 2 3

+ PainOfSarrow on July 8th, 2011 at 3:36 pm said:

im the one and onlyy ? amazingggg

+ Butters360 on July 8th, 2011 at 3:43 pm said:

Hot. DAMN!

+ TheFallenSannin on July 8th, 2011 at 3:45 pm said:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! First day buy baby!!!!

+ morris1129 on July 8th, 2011 at 3:47 pm said:

I’m waiting for Gametrailers to do a PS3 vs Xbox comparison video….

+ rockinjs864 on July 8th, 2011 at 3:50 pm said:

never played bioshock before but I must say I think I will be picking this one looks great graphic wise and the story mode looks like a movie could be easy to get caught in came play just to see what’s next

+ LionsguardAgrias on July 8th, 2011 at 3:53 pm said:

Wow!!! Just wow.

+ Aeryn_James on July 8th, 2011 at 3:53 pm said:

Thanks for the peek, S.O.B.’s!

hehe

+ BossmanCCrowder1 on July 8th, 2011 at 3:53 pm said:

This is great stuff! Thanks Ken, can’t wait for the game next year.

I’m also excited to hear more about Move support.

+ morris1129 on July 8th, 2011 at 3:55 pm said:

I think all they did was change the xbox icons to ps3 icons because i doubt someone can play a game EXACTLY the same way as they showed on gametrailers last night.

+ tinycpw91 on July 8th, 2011 at 3:57 pm said:

GOTY right here, no question

+ shazbot-finubus on July 8th, 2011 at 4:03 pm said:

A marvelous showing, and with still more months to go, no doubt the end result will be exquisite.

When I played Bioshock, I felt like the medium had elevated to a higher plateau, now in Bioshock Infinite you’ll literally be up in the air!

+ Conaaando on July 8th, 2011 at 4:03 pm said:

GOSH! This looks A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! Please please please, do release a demo and a trial for PSN+! :-)

+ Bilsebob on July 8th, 2011 at 4:06 pm said:

Now that’s my kind of game.

+ lisatsunami on July 8th, 2011 at 4:07 pm said:

Dang either this is a hell of a buffering or this is Flash which won’t play on my iPADD 2. Will watch on my ps3 later. Thanks, Ken. Oh, and make your Vita Bioshock game extra awesome, please.

+ Moonglare on July 8th, 2011 at 4:10 pm said:

No words can describe this…

+ deltakong on July 8th, 2011 at 4:13 pm said:

….damn, you guys just hooked me

+ devilforce12 on July 8th, 2011 at 4:17 pm said:

hell awesome!!!

+ Link01 on July 8th, 2011 at 4:17 pm said:

and here I thought you guys were only showing off the 360 version on GTTV, I’m proud :D

+ THE_I2eaper on July 8th, 2011 at 4:20 pm said:

ken will there still be upgrades for guns in this one?

+ Link01 on July 8th, 2011 at 4:22 pm said:

BTW, did you guys finally make L1 and R1 the default aim and shoot?

+ gumi42 on July 8th, 2011 at 4:25 pm said:

Awesome, I can’t wait, why do you have to tease us with such good gameplay when it is still so far out till release. That is just mean.
But I love how creepy Columbia is even though is it bright and sunny outside.
Can’t wait for Bioshock Infinite!!!

+ Spunta on July 8th, 2011 at 4:28 pm said:

Take all my money. I don’t even want it.

+ yesimasian2 on July 8th, 2011 at 4:30 pm said:

im not a shooter fan by any means … i consider most of them mindless gameplay with little substance … but THIS … IS … SOMETHING ELSE… wow!

+ Detective-E on July 8th, 2011 at 4:34 pm said:

So are we ever going to see more gameplay? or just more scripted events?

+ Zezzler on July 8th, 2011 at 4:36 pm said:

Ken and everyone over at Irrational Games; This is effing amazing!!! Can’t wait to see about the Move controls.

+ somethingatt on July 8th, 2011 at 4:43 pm said:

Please FULLY implement MOVE please, i.e: I can play the full game with MOVE (not some silly mini-games).
Also consult Guerilla games on how to make MOVE awesome with FPS, as they absolutely nailed it with Killzone3.

Game looks great, but of course you knew that.

Ken Levine's Avatar

+ Ken Levine on July 8th, 2011 at 5:27 pm said:

We agree, Guerilla did a great job on Killzone.

+ SearchNDestroyX on July 8th, 2011 at 4:48 pm said:

morris1129 you are wrong, check the two videos again and you’ll be able to see they are not exactly the same, they are almost equally, but not the same gameplay. Pay atention to some details like the lighting rays and you will notice the diference, you’ll see they show the same graphics but movements are slighly diferent.

+ Stringer2355 on July 8th, 2011 at 4:53 pm said:

Will you be supporting 3D ?

+ MadMeat001 on July 8th, 2011 at 4:55 pm said:

DUDE how can you ignore Elizabeth? she`s smokin` hot :D

+ IceColdKilla44 on July 8th, 2011 at 4:55 pm said:

That was amazing. Anyone know where I can DL this video in HD to put it on my PS3?

+ somethingatt on July 8th, 2011 at 4:56 pm said:

Also fix the premium avatars not showing up already, Sony, sheesh.

+ lostinplainsight on July 8th, 2011 at 5:24 pm said:

dude, you had me at bioshock one small request if i may please don’t i repeat don’t add multiplayer.

+ Brandon_2535 on July 8th, 2011 at 5:29 pm said:

Looks incredible! Can’t wait to get my hands on this one!

+ centwood32 on July 8th, 2011 at 5:35 pm said:

Can’t wait for this game to come out!

+ BAEZE_L on July 8th, 2011 at 5:37 pm said:

WOW!!! How About EveryBody That My Friends Are Put Some Money In A Hat So That I Can Buy A Friggin PS3 And TV???

+ the_FREELANCER on July 8th, 2011 at 5:44 pm said:

Once again, the art direction is amazing! Hell of a team you have, Ken!!

+ DrkrZen on July 8th, 2011 at 5:55 pm said:

So glad that Levine is once again teamed up with BioShock. Lack of Levine is what led to BioShock 2 being so subpar, storywise, and the first remaining one of the best games ever made.

Lookin’ awesome, Mr. Levine, lookin’ awesome, indeed. Can’t wait for this game!

+ MiiAmigo on July 8th, 2011 at 5:57 pm said:

Damn it Mr. Levine. Why must you torture us like this? Just kidding but I can not wait till this is unleashed.

+ EJayDub on July 8th, 2011 at 6:01 pm said:

It’s about time someone made a game making fun of America! lol this should be hilarious.

+ pirate2120 on July 8th, 2011 at 6:08 pm said:

I love how the gameplay and cutscenes (if they can even be called that) are so closely tied together that it seems impossible to tell when the scenes begin/end. BioShock is the only FPS I have ever been in to playing and Levine and the IG Team have opened my eyes up to all types of different things with their creativity! This is a day 1 must buy; this game will be the second time I pre-order a game, I had to do it for Batman (arkham city) and now I gotta do it for BioShock!

+ Karsghul on July 8th, 2011 at 6:09 pm said:

Looks amazing! One of my most anticipated games right now. I haven’t been this this exited for a fps in years.

I wonder how much of this demo will be in the full version? This is the type of game that i don’t want to see anything until i’m playing it by myself.

+ ritual1982 on July 8th, 2011 at 6:12 pm said:

Bioshock Infinite is some trippy weird stuff. Never played the first two, I think I am going to give them a try. I just hope the single player campaign has some decent length and story to it. Hope they dont lean so much on the first two to detour around telling a story in this one. I think the designer of this crazy bioshock world came from a mental hospital somewhere.

Looking forward to Battlefield 3, Kingdoms of Amalur: The Reckoning, and now Bioshock Infinite.

+ Surfaced on July 8th, 2011 at 6:25 pm said:

Wow. That was pretty intense.
Great atmosphere!

+ Falaut on July 8th, 2011 at 7:02 pm said:

Hi,

The game looks absolutely amazing. Not only in its visuals, but how it comes together as a whole. I feel that be it Mr.Levine alone or together with others at Irrational, are a part of a very few developers that are able to bring one full vision to life. This in itself is paramount. I feel that quite a lot of development nowadays constitutes of marketing driven assembly type of games and this can be seen just by watching some developers in the diaries or previews, where there is no talk of a vision, just a patchwork of game mechanics painted with a particular aesthetic.

Be it monetary or developer driven, I absolutely applaud the inclusion of Move. I’m an older gamer that strongly supports the Sharpshooter in military games like Killzone, MAG, SOCOM. After playing Killzone with it I can’t go back. Having said this, a game like Bioshock should only involve Move in its separate Navi+Wand combo as its more immersive in that kind of setting and its dual wielding of powers and armaments. Very excited.

Thanks

side note: more 3rd party FPS/TPS Move/Move Sharpshooter support!

+ leukoplast on July 8th, 2011 at 7:06 pm said:

Definitely going to be a rent… maybe not even that. BI is being made by unknown devs who have no experience on consoles at all, let alone the PS3. This game will be terrible and will probably end up being ported from the 360 to the PS3. No thank you.

+ FreQaZoiD on July 8th, 2011 at 7:06 pm said:

That… was… AWESOME!

+ Destiny89 on July 8th, 2011 at 7:19 pm said:

That was too amazing! i cant wait

+ SearchNDestroyX on July 8th, 2011 at 7:21 pm said:

leukoplast i think you didn’t watch the two gameplays, graphically it’s exactly the same and the developers told that they are treating the ps3 version carefully and the game won’t be a port.

+ misael99 on July 8th, 2011 at 7:27 pm said:

i have a question why can’t you carry more than 2 guns unlike the other bioshock 2 which you can carry all the guns you got but really cool game i like the bioshock series and also the way you can choose how it ends i hope you kept that

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on July 8th, 2011 at 7:36 pm said:

Looks beyond amazing. Not sure how I feel about regenerating health and 2 weapon limit though……

I’m also hoping for some connectivity with the Bioshock Vita game.

PAGE 1 2 3