The Last Guardian

Jul 08

Jul 08

Watch 15 Minutes of BioShock Infinite for PS3

Ken Levine's Avatar Posted by Creative Director and Co-founder, Irrational Games

Okay, we’ve teased you for long enough. We showed you a teaser on PlayStation’s E3 stage. We leaked out dribs and drabs of content over the past few weeks. Yeah, we’re S.O.Bs. But we’re S.O.Bs with an expiration date! And today’s that date.

Here it is, a video of the full demonstration that we showed to the press at E3, all 15 minutes of it. We’d love to know what you think at our forums at www.irrationalgames.com.

-Ken (@iglevine)

Add Your Own

ThreeLeggedFreak said:

July 8th, 7:41 pm

Also, will you be able to map shoot and zoom to R1 and L1 respectively? I can deal with it being L2 and R2 but prefer not to if given a choice.

lilslugger106 said:

July 8th, 7:47 pm

Intense…

thundercat17 said:

July 8th, 8:10 pm

i effing love you mr. ken levine

bowmastr66 said:

July 8th, 8:17 pm

that was awesome but i wonder what the ps vita version will be like

Dr-Antonio said:

July 8th, 8:18 pm

Amazing work. Bioshock is my favorite game, not only by the art that we see during the progression but also by the characters and philosophical theme, elementary to create the greatness of that masterpiece. Irrational deserves reconnaissance by all this good production, Infinite will not be different. It’s by games like these that videogames are earning respect between the classical arts. Waiting to play !!! Thinking if it will get a special edition !!!

Bravo !

TheGuardianFID said:

July 8th, 8:38 pm

SOLD, like, just, here take my money lol!!! 8)

bakerarmy said:

July 8th, 9:38 pm

This will be a renter, or a 20 dollar bin. Not a day one for me, I am discouraged. This team made the 1st bio shock, then someone else made 2. This is a totaly different game, but you keep the name??!! It hasn’t helped me want it.

I am sick of computer AI partners too

MatthewRios said:

July 8th, 10:01 pm

This game is gonna be badass

Shane_O said:

July 8th, 10:20 pm

This looks really well done. From the dialogue, the artwork and how smooth the gameplay looks, it looks like a ton of effort is going into Bioshock Infinite. I really like the Skyline idea, too.

Kchow23 said:

July 8th, 10:48 pm

Would be cool if you guys used the Sharpshooter, but I hope you guys have a couple more cards up your sleeves. Won’t look at the video or anything Bioshock Infinite related, because it is already pre-ordered :)

MarinoBrea said:

July 9th, 1:21 am

I’m very impressed, I must say and I thought Bioshock was an average game.

ChimeranYoshi said:

July 9th, 3:14 am

I have never been so amazed by 15 minutes of a game. The final scene with SongBird was amazing and emotionally touching. There was just so much emotion dripping from a single machine. Ken, you and everyone at Irrational Games are geniuses. Only you lot could pull off something as great as this.

strats83 said:

July 9th, 4:48 am

Amazing game!!!

Tilian1 said:

July 9th, 4:58 am

Do we know if this is confirmed PS3 footage? I heard speculation this was PC.

Tilian1 said:

July 9th, 5:02 am

Never mind, saw the ps3 buttons in-game. Hot damn.

Latrodectus23 said:

July 9th, 5:05 am

It looks incredible!! great job, Irrational games!

Mattsta001 said:

July 9th, 5:38 am

Wow, that looks absolutely amazing. Really stands out for its creativity and imagination in a sea of samey military shooters. GOTY right there.

that-acmilan-guy said:

July 9th, 6:28 am

Is this PC footage?

Berae said:

July 9th, 6:37 am

It looks excellent!! Cant wait for it. 3D would have work very well in this game I think.

superpj1 said:

July 9th, 6:47 am

the girl in this video is cute !

an-inFamous1337 said:

July 9th, 6:52 am

The most touching part when she was crying and reaching for Booker’s hand.
This game is gonna be amazing, topping the first two Bioshock games by far.I can’t wait to see more and above all…to get my hands on it.

GUNS_AND_MORTARS said:

July 9th, 7:42 am

JUST AWESOME GAMEPLAY I WILL DEFENTELY BE GETTING THIS NEXT YEAR AND THE WEAPONS LOOK GOOD TO

Sephir007 said:

July 9th, 7:49 am

I´m not really a FPS fan, but this has caught my attention a lot!

richibosss said:

July 9th, 8:06 am

This is one of the best FPS i ever seen.Fu..ng amazing.I hope that the PS Vita will be amazing to.

BakedDank420 said:

July 9th, 8:10 am

Voice acting seemed like it could be a lil better, but the graphics and story look awesome.

bam37 said:

July 9th, 8:52 am

Freakin awesome!

bam37 said:

July 9th, 8:52 am

Goin to be a long wait!

ritual1982 said:

July 9th, 8:53 am

To update my earlier comment, I went ahead and ordered Bioshock 1 + 2. I never knew Playstation had ever developed such a weird, creepy genre of game. Im not a horror fan, but this one looked cool. Trying to read up on what Bioshock was, I still am not sure I understand it. Thats why im going to play it instead.

bam37 said:

July 9th, 9:05 am

Yea story is strange but awesome games!

altrodesi said:

July 9th, 9:08 am

That was great!!!!

bam37 said:

July 9th, 9:32 am

I hate summer droughts bring on fall lol

selrahc14 said:

July 9th, 9:53 am

O Mai Gawd….Steampunk BioShock!! O.O

TheTwelve said:

July 9th, 10:04 am

Yep….this game wasn’t even in my radar, and now I’m going to pre-order it.

xNemesiSx said:

July 9th, 10:14 am

wow, this game look amazing. I played Bioshock 1 and i still need to play the 2 but looking forward to Infinite. Looking great

BEASTXJASON said:

July 9th, 10:45 am

already played the demo on 360 long time ago. shame sony didnt get it. Kind of shows where the game’s loyalty lays

PhillyPhreak said:

July 9th, 10:46 am

Aside from Uncharted, BioShock has to be the best single player IP of this generation. That footage was awesome. Thank you, Kevin!

bam37 said:

July 9th, 11:06 am

Anybody reccomend the sharpshooter still on the fence about it

KingLazy93 said:

July 9th, 12:16 pm

awesome can’t wait for 2012!

fallendecision said:

July 9th, 1:35 pm

Ken, I loved the presentation at E3, and applaud Irrational Games’ willingness to challenge the PS Move. I honestly have not bought the PS Move, but plan to soon because of KZ3. Your info on E3 on how you view your gaming made me realize how disconnected the developers are from their hardcore fans. Most people now are in it to try to make a fortune. Now don’t get me wrong, I understand how people have to meet a “quota” or “milk certain titles until people stop buying them”. But your direction and the way you talk about the games you make, makes me realize on how fun stuff is supposed to be. Thanks for that, and oh yeah, This will be a day 1 buy!!! I fell in love with the first Bioshock, even bought an Xbox 360 for that. The story behind the great graphics is top-notch, Thanks for 15 minute tease! I can’t wait for the release!!! Irrational games are my number one developer now!

antkid35 said:

July 9th, 2:51 pm

the grahics r reallly nice ive never been a fan of bioshock but i might have to start

xV1per7x said:

July 9th, 3:27 pm

wow guys….that was amazing!! when is this coming out? please say 2011!!

i am buying this game day 1. might just pre order it :P

potatoboy8 said:

July 9th, 4:57 pm

new zombie power up Unlimited ammo Unlimited ammo for 30 seconds SPREAD IT AROUND I potatoboy8 MADE IT UP I DID

SoulBladeNG said:

July 9th, 6:29 pm

Oh my fricken god this is a must buy for me! I’m going to preorder my copy right now

Izanagi-no-Okami said:

July 9th, 7:52 pm

While I still don’t like the look of Elizabeth’s new design, the game itself look like it is coming along nicely. Keep up the great work guys; I look forward to playing this.

EggySong85 said:

July 9th, 9:18 pm

When can we hear more about the Move support for this game? Also, the PS3 special edition that comes with Bioshock 1 is a great value. I was on the fence about Infinite before, but when I heard about these two things it was promoted to a must-buy for me. Also, is there any chance that the included Bioshock will be retro-fitted with Move support? That would really top the cake.

Scrucifix said:

July 9th, 9:40 pm

I am going to OWN this game……!

NiiKe-KiiCkZ said:

July 9th, 10:07 pm

WOW. Bioshock was one of my favorite games of all time. Now this! I am sure that Infinite will be just as successful as this video shows just how elaborate and digitally advanced these new games can become. Like the previous two installments of Bioshock, I hope that Infinite has a unique and so often labeled “creepy” storyline that keeps us players dialed in until its completion. For me this is an absolute must on day 1. I will pre-order right now and play the first and second installments over again until fall 2011 saves me from my Bioshock drought. Thank you Irrational, you’ve amazed me again without even putting my hands on a controller!

bestningenalive said:

July 10th, 1:40 am

absolutely breathtaking

Daimomaru said:

July 10th, 3:00 am

Please guys treat the PS3 with respect, the game is looking great so far. I’m really tired of horrible ports to our console and I’m confident I’m not the only one. I already saw a great difference in the lighting comparing it with the 360 version and that difference is slightly in favor to the other console. Maybe the source of light is shifted in the PS3 but please treat our version carefully. We know the tech of the PS3 can be tedious for some devs but people like rocksteady, Bioware and some other third parties have done a great job. Our exclusives speak from themselves, the PS3 can handle preasure. If you deliver I will buy it no doubt. The game is looking amazing.

MetalTheKid said:

July 10th, 6:46 am

Amazing, Pre-order for sure!