PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

Section 8: Prejudice Drops into PSN July 26th With Extra Weight

Bryan Perez's Avatar + Posted by Bryan Perez on Jul 13, 2011 // Community Manager, TimeGate Studios

It’s been a long time coming, but Dropping, Jetpacks, Overdriving, Deployables, and every other kick-ass Section 8: Prejudice feature are making their way to the PlayStation Network starting July 26th in North America for only $14.99 and July 27th for our European friends for £12,99. While it was a difficult decision to delay the PS3 release for three months, we knew it would be worth the wait in order to take the time to optimize the game for the platform. We’ve also added new content to the PS3 version, including two additional multiplayer game modes, Assault and Skirmish, as well as exclusive content for PlayStation Plus subscribers. If you’re not a PlayStation Plus member, no worries, we have some free content for you too!

• For the first week, anyone who purchases Section 8: Prejudice on the PlayStation Network will receive the Blitz Armor Pack and Overdrive Map Pack for free! This includes two armor skins, early unlocks, and two additional multiplayer maps.
  • Free Exclusive In-Game Hunter armor for all PlayStation®Plus subscribers
  • The first 1000 PlayStation Plus subscribers to purchase Section 8: Prejudice will receive the exclusive in-game Hunter Armor as well as a free copy of the original Section 8. a free copy of the original Section 8 via *XMB message
    *Free game offer ends 8/2/11, original Section 8 game will be sent out via XMB message by 8/12/11.

Section 8: Prejudice

Of course, all the free content we are offering during launch week is just a drop in the bucket compared to the amount of content in the base game. Section 8: Prejudice features a five-hour story-driven campaign, four multiplayer game modes (all of which offer offline bot support), Dynamic Combat Missions, highly customizable weapon and equipment loadouts, deep level progression and unlockable content systems, and last but not least, jetpacks (I probably should have put that at the top of the list). Below is a more detailed look at the various game modes PS3 players will encounter in Section 8: Prejudice.

Section 8: Prejudice

Campaign: The campaign follows 8th Armored Infantry, or Section 8, as they defend the Earth against the tyrannical Arm of Orion. In the campaign, you play as Captain Alexander Corde, the leader of an elite group of soldiers, and throughout the campaign you learn more about Alexander Corde, Section 8, and the mysterious Arm of Orion.

Conquest: Conquest is a multiplayer mode where you and up to 32 players play as either 8th Armored Infantry or the Arm of Orion and you fight for control of the battlefield. Each team competes to complete objectives and score Victory Points (VP). When one team earns enough VP to meet the Victory Point goal, they are victorious and the enemy team is defeated.

To earn victory points, players must capture and hold control points. Victory Points are awarded at fixed intervals for each Control Point your team holds. Teams can also earn Victory Points by completing Dynamic Combat Missions (DCMs). There are a number of DCMs that occur during a match. Successful completion of a DCM provides significant Victory Points that can turn the tide of battle.

Skirmish (NEW!): Similar to Conquest, Skirmish is a multiplayer mode where you and up to 32 players compete in a Team-versus-team death match where Control Points cannot be captured and Victory Points are awarded for kills and completed Dynamic Combat Missions.

Assault: Assault is a team-versus-team game mode where teams race to capture all Control Points in the fastest time. While in the attack round, players must work together to capture all control points. During the defense round, players defend their bases for as long as possible. It’s a fast-paced mode that encourages close cooperation with your team and unwavering focus on the goal of capturing or defending the base!

Swarm: In Swarm, you and three other friends defend a single Control Point against an overwhelming number of computer-controlled Arm of Orion enemy units. To attain victory, your team must protect the Control Point from being captured by the enemy before the 15 minute time limit is reached.

Swarm Mode consists of a limited number of enemy waves. As soon as you capture the neutral Control Point, the first wave begins. Every five minutes, an Airstrike will bombard the enemy, eliminating them until the next wave begins.

Section 8: PrejudiceSection 8: Prejudice

Again, we’d like to extend a huge thank you to the PlayStation community for patiently waiting for Section 8: Prejudice. We are extremely excited to share this game with everyone, and hope that players enjoy all the free content!

To learn more about Section 8: Prejudice and get access to exclusive tournaments, giveaways, and our stats portal, join the community at warisprejudice.com/community. You can also follow Section 8: Prejudice on Twitter and on Facebook.

PAGE 1 2

+ korgon117 on July 14th, 2011 at 9:00 am said:

Gotta say, I never played the original, but this looks pretty sweet! I think I’m going to give it a try. And for 15 buck this really does sound like a steal of a deal!

+ Bioswat96 on July 14th, 2011 at 9:58 am said:

Hey people anybody know – will Prejudice be on Russian PSN?And what price in american PSN?Thx.

+ jose213jose on July 14th, 2011 at 10:52 am said:

its buy for sure then, 14.99$ good price range for this game.

+ emiru69 on July 14th, 2011 at 10:52 am said:

I’m wondering how fast this game will hit 1,000 downloads… an hour?

+ WelmoscaBR on July 14th, 2011 at 11:42 am said:

I played the first one and it was good game so…I gonna try this fasho.

+ Bioswat96 on July 14th, 2011 at 11:50 am said:

I played on PC pirate version because wanted to look will my PC play this game or not and when wanted to buy license it wasn’t in shops=( Now I want PS3 version but in Russian PSN because I don’t have dollars=(

+ Bioswat96 on July 14th, 2011 at 11:59 am said:

Sorry for double post but anybody can snwer me for my question (will it be in Russia) because I am going to country and if it will be 27th July too I’ll buy it on 1st week to gain 1st wekk purchase bonuses.Please answer me I need it.

Bryan Perez's Avatar

+ Bryan Perez on July 14th, 2011 at 3:29 pm said:

The game will be available in Russia and you will be able to receive the bonuses.

+ Majin47 on July 14th, 2011 at 3:04 pm said:

Why isn’t there a space or sci-fi themed strategy game? Real time, turn based or otherwise.

+ Heavenly_king on July 14th, 2011 at 3:23 pm said:

this game has single player??

Bryan Perez's Avatar

+ Bryan Perez on July 14th, 2011 at 3:26 pm said:

The game does have a 5+ hour single player campaign.

Bryan Perez's Avatar

+ Bryan Perez on July 14th, 2011 at 3:26 pm said:

Hey guys, we have actually decided to give the Hunter Armor to all PlayStation®Plus members. If you are a PlayStation®Plus, when you launch the game, the armor will unlock.

+ Heavenly_king on July 14th, 2011 at 3:26 pm said:

I suppose campaign refers to a full fledged single player experience?? or is it like the single player in Unreal Tournament 3??? (multiplayer missions/scenarios/objectives/mechanics that are not related to the story that is driving it)

Bryan Perez's Avatar

+ Bryan Perez on July 14th, 2011 at 3:32 pm said:

We have a full fledged single player experience with 8 campaign missions telling the story of Section 8 and the Arm of Orion. You can also play all of our multiplayer modes offline with bots.

+ Heavenly_king on July 14th, 2011 at 3:27 pm said:

thx for the answer :D, but can you also answer my other question plz?? ¬_¬

+ Heavenly_king on July 14th, 2011 at 3:30 pm said:

the games look like fun, but I mostly play SP mode in my games; that is why I want to know how the campaign plays.

+ mikedo2007 on July 14th, 2011 at 4:23 pm said:

I haven’t tried the first game, but I tried the MP demo of the first one, I was impressed with the game. So I might try this game whenever I can.

+ deathitself_1109 on July 14th, 2011 at 5:29 pm said:

Get your Portable ID!

+ Heavenly_king on July 14th, 2011 at 6:39 pm said:

@Bryan: Thx, I was a little worried about the SP campaign. Now I have to get a PSN card in order to buy the game. It looks really nice, and the design of the suites rocks!!

+ Bioswat96 on July 15th, 2011 at 12:07 am said:

Wohoo!!!Thank you Sony!I glad to play it in Russian PSN ^_^ I’ll buy it on my Birthday (31th July).
@mikedo2007
I you liked 1st part you’ll fall in love with 2nd xD I played 2nd on PC and it’s BEAST!

+ John_3_16-17 on July 17th, 2011 at 2:34 pm said:

Will this game have a platinum trophy?

+ SnaKE-EaTeR27 on July 18th, 2011 at 10:22 pm said:

First day purchase for sure.. I’ve been waiting for this. Excellent price as well.. I CANNOT WAIT

+ PRE_-CISION-_ on July 23rd, 2011 at 1:40 pm said:

Can NOT WAIT!! I love the origonal and from what I have been reading up on this game its 100x better content wise.

+ rockinjs864 on July 26th, 2011 at 4:14 am said:

Was Completely Sold Until I Looked On The Other Guys Site And See This Game Is Selling For $2.49 How Ironic The Special Ended Today The Day We Finally Get I.If It’s Going To Be $15 I Will Save That To Put On A Pre Order Sorry Just Lost Me Looks Like Favoritism Same With The COD Map Packs They Get Them First And Games Cheaper Sorry I Will Not Be Buying Until I See It On Sale Or It Has Higher Than A 4.75 Rating

+ Teamcool_5 on July 26th, 2011 at 12:37 pm said:

Hey i just posted on another page…..I bought prejudice just now by refreshing and searching in the store and it came up……how do i know if i was one of the first 1000 to get the free copy of the first game? lol it’s hard to believe i wouldn’t be one of the first

+ marlyt on July 26th, 2011 at 12:42 pm said:

What happened to the Hunter Armor? That’s why I bought it immediately and now we don’t get it. Poop!!!

+ marlyt on July 26th, 2011 at 12:52 pm said:

Why Does The Guy Above Capitalize Every First Letter Of Each Word??

+ Teamcool_5 on July 26th, 2011 at 12:53 pm said:

ya i didn’t see that either i just got the special bundle or w/e the map pack and blitz pack right? maybe hunter will be under plus or somethin

+ marlyt on July 26th, 2011 at 12:54 pm said:

or.not.end.his.sentences.ever.he.must.be.anti.sentence.man.

+ marlyt on July 26th, 2011 at 12:56 pm said:

No It’s crossed out in the post and re-written. Just the first game is the spiff, which I’ve had since last summer. I doubt it but I hope your right bro.

+ marlyt on July 26th, 2011 at 12:57 pm said:

@ Teamcool

where did you get that avatar and what is it. Me likey.

+ Teamcool_5 on July 26th, 2011 at 1:01 pm said:

where do you see capitalization on each word? an since when did we become so grammatically correct….it’s a posting for video games relax lol

+ Teamcool_5 on July 26th, 2011 at 1:03 pm said:

haha i got on the store probably under new avatars when it came out…..i think it’s under mega man legends avatars i’ve got a few servbot ones that are hilarious

+ Fear_Me_All on July 26th, 2011 at 1:15 pm said:

ok it available like 1 minute ago i already purchase it

how i get my free section 8 game now please

# Free Exclusive In-Game Hunter armor for all PlayStation®Plus subscribers
# The first 1000 PlayStation Plus subscribers to purchase Section 8: Prejudice will receive the exclusive in-game Hunter Armor as well as a free copy of the original Section 8. a free copy of the original Section 8 via *XMB message

+ Teamcool_5 on July 26th, 2011 at 1:18 pm said:

lol dude i’ve had it for a good hour now…..an i’m on the same page as you….i don’t understand why it would take a couple weeks just to get the first game….an the hunter pack is scratched out for some reason as marlyt pointed out…..hopefully someone can shed some light on this stuff soon….anyone finds out shoot me a message on psn thanks

+ Cyb3rfr34k-iso on July 26th, 2011 at 6:44 pm said:

where is the Free Exclusive In-Game Hunter armor for all PlayStation®Plus subscribers?!?!
i cant see it nowere…

+ rajn_caucasian on August 8th, 2011 at 11:52 am said:

$60 FPS quality at only $14.99!!! Get it before they raise the price. You will not be disappointed, like I was with BRINK. Pitiful, just pitiful.

PAGE 1 2