PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Incoming: Call of Duty: Black Ops Annihilation Maps Hit PS3 July 28th

Dan Amrich's Avatar + Posted by Dan Amrich on Jul 15, 2011 // Community Manager, Ubisoft

Call of Duty: Black Ops: Annihilation Map Pack for PS3 (Zombies: Shangri La)

First Strike was fun. Escalation rocked. But Call of Duty: Black Ops fans want more – they crave new battlegrounds and new experiences. Black Ops developer Treyarch knows this, so they’ve been busy creating another fresh batch of DLC maps: Annihilation. The newest add-on content will be ready for download from the PlayStation Store starting Thursday, July 28th.

Annihilation features four new standard multiplayer arenas – Silo, Hangar 18, Drive-In and Hazard – and the deadly jungle Zombies experience, Shangri-La. “The goals we set were about quality and variety,” says Treyarch’s Online Director, Dan Bunting. “We wanted to make everything feel unique and distinct.”

Annihilation delivers on those goals with five all-new environments:

Call of Duty: Black Ops: Annihilation Map Pack for PS3Call of Duty: Black Ops: Annihilation Map Pack for PS3

Drive-In: This one-time American movie paradise once showed war movies; now it’s the location for one. The holes in the screen have been filled with snipers. The popcorn is stale, but they’re still serving up hot lead in the concession stand. “Drive-In is a small map, very fast paced,” says Treyarch’s Online Director, Dan Bunting (the nice bearded man from all those behind-the-scenes videos). “It’s similar to Nuketown in that it’s a fast, close-quarters map.”

Hazard: Ah, the Cuban good life! This swanky golf course features lush greens, oceanic driving ranges, and long-range sniping opportunities straight down its deadly fairway. Never mind getting a hole in one — try not to get lots of holes in you. Those skilled with assault rifles and sniper rifles will enjoy this one.

Call of Duty: Black Ops: Annihilation Map Pack for PS3

Silo: If you’ve ever said to yourself, “This is a great map, but what it really needs are missiles launching right next to my ear, so every time I line up to snipe someone, I pee myself instead” – and really, who hasn’t? – this is the map for you. Muddy sloped terrain, a smattering of construction equipment, and a few carefully placed sniper towers make this military outpost a tactical challenge regardless of game type.

Call of Duty: Black Ops: Annihilation Map Pack for PS3

Hangar 18: This one’s a tribute to the Groom Lake military base where the government developed the SR-71 Blackbird – or, depending on the conspiracy theories you choose to believe, where they stored a recovered alien spacecraft. Either way, you’ll be in an out of buildings frequently here, not to mention using a multi-million-dollar piece of reconnaissance aircraft for cover. But that’s not the only secret project it’s hiding. “Hangar 18 has a couple of fun easter eggs,” hints Bunting. “I can’t talk about them because it would ruin them.”

Call of Duty: Black Ops: Annihilation Map Pack for PS3 (Zombies: Shangri La)Call of Duty: Black Ops: Annihilation Map Pack for PS3 (Zombies: Shangri La)

Shangri-La: Welcome to the jungle, where the Zombies have taken over an ancient shrine. But be extra careful – the environment’s many hidden tricks and deadly traps can be used against you as easily as your undead enemies. “It’s one of the more creative and clever map designs we’ve got so far,” says Bunting with pride. “The diehard fans are really going to appreciate the story hooks in this one as well.”

Annihilation will be available in the PlayStation Store July 28th — less than two weeks away. And as is the custom, the weekend that follows will offer all players double XP in celebration. See you at the drive-in!

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

+ lisatsunami on July 15th, 2011 at 5:20 pm said:

What’s a “nacies”? Did he mean “nancies” which I read in Harry Potter and in context was something like “sissy”?

Either way, bye!

+ wowowowo1 on July 15th, 2011 at 5:25 pm said:

map pack 4 cant wait

QUARINTINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOLLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOOLOLOLLOLOLOLOO

ya metro and mansion and that other one yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

beat that«╝!-☻☻☻

+ wildmonkey001 on July 15th, 2011 at 5:26 pm said:

if you don’t like it don’t buy it. i think its pretty cool.

+ MR_2FACE on July 15th, 2011 at 5:27 pm said:

Hello people. Im glade to hear about the new map packs,but I have a entire diffrent question. For people who have had their ps3’s repaired by sony,how long did it take to get it back after they fixed it? I sent mine out 2days ago and Im basically dying over here without it,I mean when the network went down that was bad but being completely without it is terrible.The sony rep. said the ps3 service center is in Lerado,TX & im in Houston,TX so it should’nt take that long because the problem with my slim is the power supply( on a system I bought this year in FEB.) please respond!

+ MR_2FACE on July 15th, 2011 at 5:33 pm said:

Drive-In lol bout time they have another small map like NUKETOWN!!!!!!

+ juggalorider on July 15th, 2011 at 5:33 pm said:

@Dan Amrich i read alot of you replys an the only thing i see is you love xbox an hate on sony, why do i see this? because you stand up for xbox an say stupid things, like oh ps3 gets this only, ill admit i could care less for xbox an i would be happy if the combany went bankrupt but you say you like both, act like you like both an then screw ps over an hope they don’t notice, like ps owners are idiots, xbox ruined GTA4 because rockstar games know GTA would suck on more than 1 disc an with xbox offering so much money they decided to take some old things out to replace with new things since they couldn’t fit everything on xboxs disc but hi the ps3 discs could fit 3 or 4x that much, im gonna buy bf3 becuase atleast they are trying to make both ps3 an 360 the same, i don’t see bf3 acting like 1 system is gonna be better, like how every cod thing i see first on xbox or something like that

@NYOSKAR_123 the convention here in LA, i live in washington an if i was gonna go, i wouldn’t know, that convention is proof that cod are trying to get more people to hate on sony, DOWN WITH MICROSOFT

Dan Amrich's Avatar

+ Dan Amrich on July 27th, 2011 at 6:45 pm said:

If that’s the only thing you see, I’m going to ask you to look closer. Let’s start way back at the beginning: If I hated Sony the way you suggested, why would I even be posting here?

What you actually see is that I am platform agnostic. I have fun with a lot of games on a lot of consoles. Don’t mistake that as being hostile to you — it’s quite the opposite. I’m friendly with everybody, because at the end of the day, we’re all gamers. If playing games on a PS3 makes you happy, that’s great — it makes me happy too. But it doesn’t mean I’m enlisting in a war against all the other happy gamers out there.

+ wowowowo1 on July 15th, 2011 at 5:34 pm said:

@ROrek_fireblood

read my lips F U C K YOU ok now stop trolling like u know everything ok.

cause you dont!!!!!

+ wowowowo1 on July 15th, 2011 at 5:36 pm said:

time to get off topic

WHO WENT TO HARRY POTTER RAISE YOR HAND DONT BE SHY>

+ lisatsunami on July 15th, 2011 at 5:39 pm said:

Not yet, Wowo, but of course I will, in Imax3d.

+ wowowowo1 on July 15th, 2011 at 5:39 pm said:

@Mr13ig_13ong_RIP

you are a retart why would you say that. that you steal map packs now your gonna get banned cause Dan amrich posted back.hahaha he nows now

+ wowowowo1 on July 15th, 2011 at 5:40 pm said:

@listatusami

im seeing it but not anytime soon DVD perhaps:)

+ wowowowo1 on July 15th, 2011 at 5:42 pm said:

Dan amrich

are there any easter eggs we should know about????

PLEASE RESPOND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dan Amrich's Avatar

+ Dan Amrich on July 27th, 2011 at 6:46 pm said:

I’d keep your eyes open for some good in-jokes on Hangar 18 and Drive-In.

+ MR_2FACE on July 15th, 2011 at 5:42 pm said:

last harry potter i seen was the first one lol DAMN!

+ wowowowo1 on July 15th, 2011 at 5:43 pm said:

me to me to

its sad but what r u gonna do.

+ MR_2FACE on July 15th, 2011 at 5:43 pm said:

that was ten years ago

+ wowowowo1 on July 15th, 2011 at 5:46 pm said:

I know i dont see alot of harry potter anymore

+ mikedo2007 on July 15th, 2011 at 5:46 pm said:

All right, about time. @3: So let me guess you didn’t buy Mass Effect 2 because it was on the 360 first right? Anyway, I don’t understand why people are hating on Call of Duty, I think it’s a good game and I’m not a fanboy I like all game and I like all console. I’m glad to see this DLC is finally coming to PS3, why do people care if it comes out on 360 first, did PS3 owners care if Mass Effect 2 was 360 first then it went to the PS3 later? No, so how is this any different. Geez, some of you are turning fanboy war into something like the Mid-east conflict.

+ wowowowo1 on July 15th, 2011 at 5:49 pm said:

@mikedo2007

I know right haha..

+ juggalorider on July 15th, 2011 at 5:57 pm said:

@Zerocaps ya i agree with you, the only reason i keep black ops is for zombies, i sold mw2 since i hated the fact the ak-47 was at maxed level an campers, i was hopeing black ops would be better, at first yes but then all the kids an campers started playing, like 3 days after

+ MR_2FACE on July 15th, 2011 at 5:58 pm said:

When Infinity Ward is the publisher then im a fanboy no lie,Treyarch,hmmmmm alright. From cod 1,2&3 to the MW series Infinity Ward kills it!!!!

+ juggalorider on July 15th, 2011 at 6:05 pm said:

@airredy1 what you had problems downloading a map pack an you got one for free? i would like to know since i brought the 1st map pack an the 2nd but the 2nd won’t download, i keep getting a laggin error code, i started to get it on anything over 2200 MB an its my first ps3 slim, any help since sony won’t refund my money for it

+ MR_2FACE on July 15th, 2011 at 6:06 pm said:

Hope the stars of harry potter are all around actors because 11years of playing the same roll might make it hard for them to land other rolls. just dont wanna see them at the top like Macaulay Culkin and fall.

+ MR_2FACE on July 15th, 2011 at 6:09 pm said:

call sony they should fix it so u can get your maps if u paid for it.had the same problem with warhawk,they fixed it

+ juggalorider on July 15th, 2011 at 6:10 pm said:

@Silvervette to you its only $15 but to me its mainly $15 for 1 zombie map an 4 maps ill don’t want

+ juggalorider on July 15th, 2011 at 6:11 pm said:

@MR_2FACE i never sent one in since they are stolen before that break but i heard abouta week to 2 weeks

+ MR_2FACE on July 15th, 2011 at 6:14 pm said:

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ juggalorider on July 15th, 2011 at 6:15 pm said:

@MR_2FACE i did call sony but they said no refunds an that its my internet company but my internet company says its sonys problem

+ juggalorider on July 15th, 2011 at 6:18 pm said:

@MR_2FACE also i had this downloading problem the first day i brought the slim i couldn’t redownload burnout an i never did buy god of war 3 because i couldn’t download the demo

+ MR_2FACE on July 15th, 2011 at 6:18 pm said:

2weeks huh. i really wanna just go buy another one, I mean I go outside play b-ball or football, but its nothing compared to killing people on black ops LOL!

+ juggalorider on July 15th, 2011 at 6:38 pm said:

also 1 more thing is GTA the only series i will buy no matter what an i can’t wait untill the next GTA, hopefully sony isn’t stupid agian an this time get the gta only for ps3 so i don’t have to deal with a crappy one that dosn’t have any extas since the xbox still hasn’t made the discs space any bigger, GTA4 took up the whole disc space on xbox but gta4 didn’t take up 1/4 of sonys blurays

+ Leo020 on July 15th, 2011 at 6:44 pm said:

Hm, you know I’d be more happy if there was more environment control.

Kinda just glanced here and there, well I could just check some video reviews.

+ ventusisra on July 15th, 2011 at 6:51 pm said:

Hey dan i just have a question if u have no problem answering it if u already answered to someone else i dont know because i dont read other comments to dont waste my time with you know… (trolls) ok heres my question why do we have to wait for the dlc more than xlive?

+ ReLeNtLeS_MaRiNe on July 15th, 2011 at 7:08 pm said:

Sigh I am happy that they are announcing the maps for ps3 but I am not as excited as I used to be, I am really hating this wait a month crap, I know business is business but it is really a bother and why has the call of duty franchise moved toward microsoft, the call of duty franchise was for the playstation first way before microsoft got to it, also what is up with xbox being used for posters or ads for call of duty games, i feel like xbox has full control over my favorite title but anyways yay but i am not getting it i rather waste my money on the upcoming games shown at E3.

+ K3skating on July 15th, 2011 at 7:16 pm said:

Dan, if you still are listening, PS3 users get mad because YOUR company took the deal with microsoft in the first place. Im sorry for my language but Microsoft comes up and kisses your butt and you take it. It’s degrading to PS3. I get it is a businness deal but its an unfair one that should of never been done in the first place.

Dan Amrich's Avatar

+ Dan Amrich on July 27th, 2011 at 6:50 pm said:

I understand that — but honestly I don’t agree with it. I don’t get mad at Warner Brothers for putting exclusive MK content in the PS3 version. I just accept it and play the game on whatever platform I want to play it on.

“The Call of Duty franchise was for the PlayStation first way before Microsoft got to it.” That’s not actually correct, but it doesn’t matter anyway — statistics are less fun than the games themselves. All that matters is wherever you choose to play games, you’re playing games that you enjoy.

+ Freducken on July 15th, 2011 at 7:20 pm said:

Listen, the whole Gamesharing/Stealing debate is very simple. Just look around at other forms of digital media. When you buy a song from iTunes you are allowed to play it as long as you want as loud as you want with no problems. But, when a friend or family member walks within earshot of the music playing it automatically turns off because otherwise it would be stealing! The same is true when 2 siblings pay for a physical CD album. At that point only the sibling the sibling that has lived two years longer, but is still 5 years less mature than the other has full listening rights!

This is as simple as I can put it. If you can’t understand the concept then you’re just doing it wrong.

+ juggalorider on July 15th, 2011 at 7:28 pm said:

@ReLeNtLeS_MaRiNe you know how i feel about GTA4 but for you its cod, xbox ruined it, not only that GTA started on PS an it could have been 10X better if it weren’t for xbox havin such a small disc space an making it were rockstar had to take things out to add more, i would have been more happy if they just made san andreas HD with the new games engine, oh wait i think that wont fit on 1 xbox disc ethier

+ aquastorm on July 15th, 2011 at 7:28 pm said:

THE MAIN REASON THE XBOX 360 AND XBOX LIVE KEEP KICKING SONYS ASS IN SALES AND POPULARITY?

THE LACK OF CROSS GAME VOICE CHAT AND A PARTY SYSTEM ON THE PS3!!!!!!

WHEN WILL SONY STOP IGNORING THE FACTS AND RESCUE THE PS3 FROM AN EARLY DEMISE BY IMPLEMENTING THESE MISSING CRUCIAL COMMUNITY FEATURES?

IS CROSS GAME VOICE CHAT NOT POSSIBLE ON THE PS3? WHY DON’T YOU COME CLEAN WITH THE COMMUNITY SONY AND ADDRESS THIS GIGANTIC PINK ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM?

Dan Amrich's Avatar

+ Dan Amrich on July 27th, 2011 at 6:51 pm said:

While I’d love to see those features too, I hardly thing the PS3 is heading for “an early demise”!

+ juggalorider on July 15th, 2011 at 7:40 pm said:

@aquastorm that cross game voice chat isn’t the reason, i believe that the real reason in the usa atleast is all the racists that rather buy american made probucts, me im not racist so i go with the best (SONY), SONY has way more disc space an if GTA4 was only on PS3 then instead of taking stuff out they could have left it, 1 last thing i would hate cross game voice chat, i already get mad at spammers (cod invites, fake messages saying to send to friends to get psn money) i delete them an i know ill have problems with people sending my cross game voice chats, since i will not use it

+ BiezulbubBill69 on July 15th, 2011 at 8:07 pm said:

“+ Dan Amrich on July 15th, 2011 at 9:13 am said:

For the record: None of the three DLC packs released/announced for Black Ops feature reworked maps. Each one was new. That’s 12 MP and 3 Zombies experiences, none of which were seen before in any form”

DAN are you aware that the golf course map is from WORLD AT WAR?? It was Cliffside redone as a golf course! You’re wrong!

Dan Amrich's Avatar

+ Dan Amrich on July 27th, 2011 at 6:51 pm said:

I’m aware that they had Cliffside in mind when they were making it, and they wanted to revisit the concept.

+ furykiller972 on July 15th, 2011 at 8:25 pm said:

i lost faith in call of duty after mw3 im done with cod probably just be picking up assassins creed after that but ill get this map pack for the zombies since thats the only thing im interested in this game anymore.

+ LilPerez24 on July 15th, 2011 at 8:38 pm said:

All u haters stop leaving dumb comments if u dont like this game then y do u post comments

+ LilPerez24 on July 15th, 2011 at 8:40 pm said:

i agree with wildmonkey001

+ jeff0918 on July 15th, 2011 at 8:43 pm said:

While I am not a fan of XBox getting the DLC first, I understand that it is a business deal. Microsoft offered Activision a lot of $$$$ for the initial exclusivity rights. I guarantee everyone here would do the same if they had a company in a similar situation.

Also, we don’t know the entire workings of the deal and most likely never will. Who is to say that Activision didn’t offer Sony a chance to match Microsoft’s offer. Maybe Sony had the chance and declined because they wanted to focus on their own titles and exclusives instead of worrying about a small 30 day window on the DLC.

+ LilPerez24 on July 15th, 2011 at 8:57 pm said:

will mw3 have zombies or something similar

+ Hooligantuan on July 15th, 2011 at 9:30 pm said:

“Comment too long, please shorten.”? And I lose my whole post?

Sony, you lazy jerks. Seething hatred. All for you.

Call of Duty: Black Ops is the only CoD game I will ever buy, because Call of Duty multiplayer is a massively poorly balanced, meatgrinder affair. It’s popcorn action. It’s cheap deaths. I cannot begin to care about my KDR when it’s so easy to die that a spray-and-pray scrub can fatally wound me at 30 meters with two shots to the thighs. I cannot begin to care about my performance when it is so easy to die that camping and jack-in-the-box ambushes become the prevalent, boring-ass strategies.

More importantly, I cannot begin to care about CoD multiplayer enough to even consider spending $14.99 on map packs for more broken ass CoD multiplayer.

L8r.

+ Hooligantuan on July 15th, 2011 at 9:34 pm said:

(And seriously, people, you shouldn’t care that XBox gets that timed exclusivity. Does it REALLY matter? Someone paid them so they could get it first for a month or two. BIG DEAL. It’s still coming to you, and you get the benefit of the content BEING REVIEWED before you purchase it. You can find out if it totally sucks with two months’ worth of XBox guinea pigs! PRICELESS!)

+ WastelandDan on July 15th, 2011 at 9:55 pm said:

I will not partake because of the over baring preferential treatment for the Other console soley at tghe motivation of making your company more money. I only own PS3, and I find you sales model offensive and an obstacle to the success of the over all game industry!

Down with Pre order/System exclusive deals!

+ MR_2FACE on July 15th, 2011 at 10:29 pm said:

Hooligan I agree with u about the gameplay of black ops,not saying im the best,but I learned to adjust to it.OMG!!!! least u guys get to play it right now,im so bored i cant even complain about B.O’s game play. SONY HURRY AND FIX MY PS3 PLEEEEEAAAAASSSSSE!!!!!

+ SHADOWCRUSHER7 on July 15th, 2011 at 10:41 pm said:

are they going to release the videos for the map pack like they always do??

+ Squall1979 on July 15th, 2011 at 10:52 pm said:

Just another map pack I won’t be getting.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 7