PS4-The Order

UNCHARTED 3 Multiplayer Beta Concludes, Is Largest PS3 Beta Ever

Arne Meyer's Avatar + Posted by Arne Meyer on Jul 15, 2011 // Community Strategist, Naughty Dog

Like UNCHARTED

UNCHARTED 3 3 wallpaper

Sadly, the UNCHARTED 3 Multiplayer Beta came to an end earlier today, racking up over 1.53 MILLION unique players participating! This makes UNCHARTED 3 the LARGEST online beta to appear on the PS3. I cannot describe how awesome everyone in the Naughty Dog studio feels about hitting this milestone – we couldn’t have done it without you, our fans and community!

Below, we’ve collected some jaw-dropping stats from the Multiplayer Beta. You guys were busy!

-Total unique Beta players: 1.53 million people

-Total kills: 1.9 billion

-Total Cash collected: 1.4 TRILLION dollars (that’s greater than the gross domestic product of Spain, the eleventh highest GDP in the world!)

-Total shots fired: 48 billion

-Total matches completed: 22 million

-Total time played: More than 362 years worth of matches

UNCHARTED 3: Creepy_CrawlerUncharted 3: airstrip runway

We’re keeping the UNCHARTED 3 Multiplayer Beta feedback forums on NaughtyDog.com open over the weekend so you can post your closing thoughts. We’ll close the forums on Monday, reopen the normal Multiplayer discussion forum, and spend the next weeks poring over all your feedback to see what else we should look into. We’ve already made changes, fixes and tweaks during the Beta and before we put the finishing touches on UNCHARTED 3, we will make more tweaks entirely based on your collective feedback. Our multiplayer game design team thanks you!

If you still need your UNCHARTED 3 multiplayer fix and you’re headed to San Diego Comic-Con next week, you’re in luck! We are bringing a limited selection of the gametypes featured in the Beta to the PlayStation Booth located in the Exhibit Hall for all FIVE days! We’ve got an UNCHARTED 3 panel on Friday and a bunch of announcements to boot – we’ll have a proper blowout on all the news here on the PlayStation.Blog early next week.

If you’re not headed to San Diego Comic-Con, you’ll be able to scratch that multiplayer itch again in just a few months! In October, you’ll have the exclusive opportunity to jump into the FULL UNCHARTED 3 Multiplayer experience by visiting your participating SUBWAY restaurant before the Blu-ray copies hit retail on November 1st. Check back on the PlayStation.Blog for more details as we get closer to October – if you want to get a jump start with your Multiplayer career, you won’t want to miss this!

Of course, don’t forget to pre-order if you haven’t already.

UNCHARTED 3: yemen wideUNCHARTED 3: yemen vista

One last note about the UNCHARTED 3 Multiplayer Beta Rewards – if you’re looking forward to getting your hard-earned rewards from hitting any or all of the requirements, PLEASE be sure to update your Account Settings to ALLOW “communications from PlayStation.” There’s a handy link on the Account Settings page on PlayStation.com to do this. Otherwise our pals at the PlayStation Network offices won’t be able to e-mail you and you won’t get your rewards!

You don’t want that to happen, do you?

I look forward to taking a few potshots at each and every one of you within the UNCHARTED 3 Multiplayer this October, if not sooner!

+ DevilSuicide on July 15th, 2011 at 7:59 pm said:

Seriously, based on what i played, the MP was far more enjoyable than any other big exclusive i ever touched (yes, i’m talking about Resistance and Killzone). I think your game has the opportunity to be to PS3 owners what Gears or Halo is to Xbox owners. So, i really hope you listen to the feedback, because that’s the way to win people’s hearts. See what they want, what they don’t like, and make the best MP experience possible, without forgetting about the equally fantastic single-player, because that’s what makes Uncharted games so great in the first place :P. And finally, i hope you rank up a large number of sales for this game, because if there is any game that deserves it, it’s yours.

+ DevilSuicide on July 15th, 2011 at 8:00 pm said:

Convince Sony to market the S%/# out of your game, much like Halo or Call of Duty marketing. I think Uncharted has become the best Sony published franchise ever.

+ arcticjim on July 15th, 2011 at 8:17 pm said:

When Will BF3 demo come out? In getting it on first day!

+ chillertime9 on July 15th, 2011 at 8:18 pm said:

you guys should just keep the beta going if u got a million ppl 2 play instead of jus ending it cuz that was probly th best beta EVA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ chillertime9 on July 15th, 2011 at 8:23 pm said:

I LUV th P$3 sooooooooooooooooo much SONY kiks xbox’s wen it comes 2 games like uncharted but i hope the BETA will somehow come back LOL

+ chillertime9 on July 15th, 2011 at 8:25 pm said:

AQUASTORM if u hate ps3 go cry in ur corner no1 wants 2 hear wat u say u cant face the fax that ps3 kiks xbox’s but

+ chillertime9 on July 15th, 2011 at 8:26 pm said:

GOOOOOOOO P$3!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ furykiller972 on July 15th, 2011 at 8:28 pm said:

i wish i played more of this i only got to play like 2 days of it i really regret it now

+ DevilSuicide on July 15th, 2011 at 8:30 pm said:

god chillertime…chill out.

+ chillertime9 on July 15th, 2011 at 8:30 pm said:

lol thats y the beta should keep going cuz ppl nevr got th chance 2 play

+ chillertime9 on July 15th, 2011 at 8:31 pm said:

im srry im in luv wit this beta thng

+ chillertime9 on July 15th, 2011 at 8:32 pm said:

i dnt chill i make em chill

+ DevilSuicide on July 15th, 2011 at 8:36 pm said:

lol i can see that

+ CapNKirkland on July 15th, 2011 at 9:12 pm said:

i clicked the manage my account link and said this,

PlayStation®Network Account management is located on a different site. If you continue, you will leave PlayStation.com and be required to sign-in to the PlayStation®Network again to manage your account.

so i clicked,

Site Maintenance Notice

The server is currently down for maintenance.

We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again later.

you can understand the glorious “WTF” i got going on right now right?

+ eddieshay1989 on July 15th, 2011 at 9:13 pm said:

This was my first Beta Test for any game ever and I must say I’m looking forward to everything that Naughty Dog has to throw at me! Bring it!

+ SilverBlade51 on July 15th, 2011 at 9:28 pm said:

What happened to MarinoBrea (comment 19) happened to my brother and neighbors’ account too. Me and my brother were playing and my brother stopped playing and my neighbor signed in and had everything my brother had. And when he changed something in his account it changed my brothers’ account too. Also my rank got reset… I leveled up to level 15, I was 30 (or 31, can’t remember).

+ MrBeatdown on July 15th, 2011 at 9:36 pm said:

Is there a reason my comment isn’t showing up? It’s been like this for a year now. My comments take hours, if not days to appear. I posted before there were even ten comments here. That was several hours ago. I’m not even getting an “awaiting moderation” message. I’ve posted about this over the year several times and my request for some help has gone unanswered. It would be nice if someone could take the time help me work this out via a response here, or something sent to my PSN inbox or email. Sid once responded to me, but it went unresolved, since he either didn’t check back, or he thought I hadn’t replied, since the comments I make take forever to appear.

If this is some kind of moderation against my account, I have no idea what I did to deserve it. I’ve spoke up in relevant blog posts regarding something I was unhappy about (like repeat PS+ games), but never have a swore, been disrespectful, or done anything that I believed to be against the comment guidelines.

+ CapNKirkland on July 15th, 2011 at 9:44 pm said:

but on the topic of the beta. there were a few things i didn’t care for.

i know its popular, and its incredably mainstream these days so without it people will rage and whine and complain without it. but uncharted shouldn’t even have competitive multiplayer! it just isn’t something that the game should have. the game should (in my eyes) only focus on co-op. it inspires teamwork, an alternate story, epic treasure hunts irrevelant to the main storyline, and other

i just dont think a game like this, no matter how popular it is, should try to make their own version of cod.. im talking about the perks and emblems.

i wish i could put exactly how i feel about this in better wording, but i just dont like the idea of ruining the greatness that is uncharted, with an attempt to make a third person adventure game into already mainstreamed FPS’s

+ chrmp on July 15th, 2011 at 9:45 pm said:

How i know if got the gift?

+ Killa-J34 on July 15th, 2011 at 9:54 pm said:

I SAY DHA BETA WAS DHA BETA I PLAYED YET BHUT Y YALL HAD TO END IYT WEN IYTS CUMMIN BAC

+ TAVIAN97 on July 15th, 2011 at 9:59 pm said:

IM RITE WITH U KILLA I WANT DHA BETA TO CUM BAC PLEAZE BRING IYT BAC DAT WAS DHA BEST BETA EVER :(

+ Mrboom11 on July 15th, 2011 at 10:01 pm said:

i pre-odered the collecters edition of uncharted 3 and i played the beta and its awsome.

+ TAVIAN97 on July 15th, 2011 at 10:01 pm said:

AND NAUGHTY DOG WHY THORWED ME BAC TO LEVEL 1 FROM 39 DAT HAPPEN 2 MY OTHER FRIEND

+ joeshrimp11 on July 15th, 2011 at 10:03 pm said:

Anyone know when we get these e-mails?

+ bakerarmy on July 15th, 2011 at 10:03 pm said:

I played acouple of times, but couldn’t get into it. I would gave much rather played a demo of the single player. This series is awesome and the muti player felt rushed or fake. Character felt unresponsive at times. It was very campy. I would try to run and every one just stayed and that was it. The maps felt to confined.

I am buying this game for the story, action, and the great game play. I won’t even try mutiplayer. To many companies are trying to add replay value so we don’t trade them in after we beat them. Will this game have the psn pass?

+ Bellmyer28 on July 15th, 2011 at 10:11 pm said:

The beta had some problems in the beginning but ND worked through it and got it back up and working everything else was good UC3 is gonna be the #1 game in the world keep the hard work ND

+ Ballin-tuff on July 15th, 2011 at 10:16 pm said:

Thats a lot of millions and billions :O

+ twistedfloyd on July 15th, 2011 at 10:19 pm said:

Arne great beta overall. Can there please be a mode where there are no load outs? I think it’d be great if that was added to hardcore as well as having all the modes be playable without load outs. They just don’t make the game as balanced to me.

Nice work!

+ jpbslayer on July 15th, 2011 at 10:28 pm said:

TY naughty dog – not just for the beta, but also for the responses. ive been on vacation for the last few weeks. so unfourtnatley didnt get to try the beta. but i know you guys got it right. and looking at this forum and actually seeing replies, much love there. ill be getting this game day 1 — didnt need a demo

+ butterfingers15 on July 15th, 2011 at 10:44 pm said:

ha, about 3.9583% of shots fired were kills.

+ Bioswat96 on July 15th, 2011 at 10:45 pm said:

Over 362 years of mission time lol it’s so big! I knew it would be awesome!How about Gears of War 3 beta?What game had the most players? I want to know because Hears testers always say that GOW3 has the most players in it and I don’t think it’s true.

+ Squall1979 on July 15th, 2011 at 10:55 pm said:

Same look, same feel, same multi-crap. Really looking forward to the single player game, but I will be passing on the multiplayer.

+ SPOPS on July 15th, 2011 at 11:14 pm said:

Best BETA every… It is going to be a very long 4 months waiting for this game to hit store shelf’s…

+ NeonReaver on July 15th, 2011 at 11:19 pm said:

I guess we can say “online pass” confirmed? >:-(

+ statikgears on July 15th, 2011 at 11:31 pm said:

a little of subject but any word on a double XP for blops when the new maps are released?

+ naruto12567 on July 15th, 2011 at 11:34 pm said:

The beta was very very fun and I cant wait for the full game release

+ ritual1982 on July 15th, 2011 at 11:36 pm said:

I played about twenty-twenty five games and got up to level 7 or 8. Probably about an hour every night. It was alot of fun. Shame that getting the rewards required that you played the game 50-100 times. I think NaughtyDog should reward the more casual players too.

Oh and bring back the beta!

Make it 1.99$ on the Playstation Network Store.

+ cir-psnus on July 16th, 2011 at 12:28 am said:

- “Of course, don’t forget to pre-order if you haven’t already.”

Why? Why i need to pre-order?

+ leukoplast on July 16th, 2011 at 12:35 am said:

Hopefully with this many players you guys gathered enough server data to ensure a smooth transition for release.

Unless of course this “beta” was just a early demo in which you could boast about how many players you got in the game to boost the games advertising power instead of working on server/game problems. I’m going with the latter on this one.

I mean really, who cares how many players there was, just tell people you got enough information to fix any potential problems upon release. That IS what a beta is for after all. Unless it was just a glorified demo (most likely the case) in which all feedback will be ignored and no server problems will get fixed.

+ ygrowup on July 16th, 2011 at 1:15 am said:

leukoplast,
Skeptitism, I like it! We all can’t be sheep!

+ jb78904 on July 16th, 2011 at 2:16 am said:

i cant wait for the singleplayer demo

+ Daephas on July 16th, 2011 at 2:32 am said:

I wanted to pre-oder the explorer edition but somehow they won’t allow it to germany. sucks to be me. again.

+ Nathan_Drake3421 on July 16th, 2011 at 2:48 am said:

i cant sign in under my name on naughtydog.com help or advice anyone

+ Nathan_Drake3421 on July 16th, 2011 at 2:54 am said:

now that we seen wat uncharted 3 might offer, would u guys bring jak into the game as a skin. i think alot of ppl would enjoy that

+ yoghurt2000 on July 16th, 2011 at 3:52 am said:

Awesome! I just wonder about that Subway offer. I’ll get the whole multiplayer for a month, but will my progress in that count in the real game when it releases or will it be like I reach level 20 in October and the I have to start over when the real game releases?

+ gei540 on July 16th, 2011 at 4:43 am said:

I am an Uncharted Fan so I could not wait until to play this multiplayer. I only had an opportunity to play a couple of games of Team Deathmatch and Co-op. :( BUT I love it. :) There was a little lag and some glitches that I am sure will be perfected by the time the game is released. I have pre ordered my game a few months ago so I am excited and can’t wait.

Thanks NaughtDog for making game worthwhile playing–fun and explosive!!!

+ ericscolon on July 16th, 2011 at 5:15 am said:

Didn’t really care for the multiplayer but when I got matches with people in co-op who knew what they were doing it was fun. NEVER take your primary focus off the single player Naughty Dog, N E V E R!

+ Terard on July 16th, 2011 at 5:21 am said:

I’m probably the only one but….I downloaded this first day and played two games, it freezed on both and I had to restart my PS3 so then I didn’t play till I saw there was a patch. I tried again and put in some time to get to like level 5 and wasn’t really impressed. So I deleted the beta from my PS3. Ya I know right? Less than just a couple days into the Beta I had deleted it and never played it again. I’m not a fan of CoD and honestly it feels just like Cod in third person. I am not a fan of UC2 MP either. I love the Uncharted story as I own the first two and will be getting the third but I just don’t care for the MP. Sorry Naughty Dog, I love you guys but not your multiplayer. Great numbers though so somebody must like it ;)

+ reask1 on July 16th, 2011 at 5:46 am said:

My stats are still 0 ND.
LvL 25.
Any chance of a heads up.

+ shaikhrabi on July 16th, 2011 at 5:52 am said:

1question please answer Arne Meyer :

Will the level of any player in U3 beta remain in the Actual U3 game? Like my level in U3 beta is 24 will it remain in the actual U3 game?