PS3-TLOU Left Behind

Unholster Your Iron! Fast Draw Showdown Launches July 19th

Paul Gold's Avatar + Posted by Paul Gold on Jul 15, 2011 // Supervising Producer, Digital Leisure

Howdy Y’all! I’m really excited to officially announce that arcade classic Fast Draw Showdown is launching July 19th on the PlayStation Store. We’ve completely redesigned this shooter from the ground up, so get ready to unholster your PlayStation Move motion controller and show’em all who the fastest draw really is!

We’ve included a bunch of new features exclusive to the PS3. One-by-one you’ll get to take out these vicious gunslingers, and post your fastest draws to the worldwide leaderboards. You can also bring a friend along to play ‘Quickdraw’ and ‘Showdown’ multiplayer modes and see which one of you really has the fastest hands in the west.

Fast Draw ShowdownFast Draw Showdown

On top of the remastered HD video, leaderboards and multiplayer features we’ve designed exclusive western clothing to outfit your PlayStation Home avatar! Cowboy hat, boots, shirt and even riding chaps! Put on the whole outfit or individual items – the choice is yours.

Fast Draw Showdown Fast Draw Showdown

We’re very excited for Fast Draw fans and those new to American Laser Games, to try out the PlayStation Move version of this arcade classic next week for $9.99. So grab your PlayStation Move motion controller and get ready for some real Fast Draw action! Also, available on the PlayStation Store is a free XMB wallpaper and a dynamic theme for PlayStation Plus users and a bunch of exclusive Fast Draw Avatars! Check out all the goods next week!

+ undeadwolfy on July 15th, 2011 at 8:12 am said:

Ooooh this looks interesting. Im curious to see some in-game footage and how it will work with move. Oh and when that dude shot himself in the leg, I burst out laughing. Good trailer. Music is addictive.

+ FireDog42 on July 15th, 2011 at 8:19 am said:

played the demo on the wii version. its ok

+ Solid-Snake-Eyes on July 15th, 2011 at 8:25 am said:

I’ve been wanting some games for my Move Sharpshooter, will this game work with it?

+ ChaseHammerJ on July 15th, 2011 at 8:40 am said:

Awesome. I dont know if ill be getting this at launch since $10 seems rather steap for something ill only play every now again but still would like it.

@3 – Sharpshooter is just an attachment, when it comes down to it it is just a Move and Nav controller holder. It will work with anything that is PS Move.

+ DownInFront on July 15th, 2011 at 9:09 am said:

I can’t wait for this game to come out! The home items sell it for me! Going to be mosey-ing around the home spaces in no time!

+ evil23alej on July 15th, 2011 at 9:13 am said:

Is this a sudden revival of the FMV games? WHHHYYYYYYYY!

+ Fakbo on July 15th, 2011 at 9:14 am said:

Wow this looks sweet! I remember playing this game in the arcades! I agree with DownInFront about the home items, I can’t wait to walk around like a Western BAMF! I’m getting it launch day for sure!

+ Logical_Dolphin on July 15th, 2011 at 9:22 am said:

Are there any plans to convert other American Laser Games to the PS3?

Paul Gold's Avatar

+ Paul Gold on July 15th, 2011 at 10:59 am said:

We’d love to bring back other ALG classics like Mad Dog McCree fully remastered for PS3. We’ll definitely keep you posted on any future news.

+ Fakbo on July 15th, 2011 at 9:32 am said:

@Logical_Dolphin I sure hope so.

+ Solid-Snake-Eyes on July 15th, 2011 at 9:41 am said:

@4 some games work better with Sharpshooter than others or take advantage of its unique features. I wanted to know if the control scheme is optimized Sharpshooter or not. Now that I watched the trailer I don’t care anymore, so nevermind.

+ JetSetFuture on July 15th, 2011 at 9:42 am said:

It’s great seeing classic laserdisc games like this and Dragon’s Lair on PSN. I hope Digital Leisure brings Mad Dog McCree, Who Shot Johnny Rock, and Hologram Time Traveler (with 3D support). An HD version of Brain Dead 13 would be awesome, too.

Paul Gold's Avatar

+ Paul Gold on July 15th, 2011 at 11:41 am said:

We have a lot of fun stuff in store for fans of all these classics so stay tuned!

+ saintaqua on July 15th, 2011 at 9:54 am said:

I’d have to play a demo to know for sure if I’ll pay ten dollars, but it looks good and I am happy to see it coming to PSN.

+ Tank_Baked on July 15th, 2011 at 9:54 am said:

Yeah I remember playing this in the arcades back in the 90′s . Good stuff but I probably won’t bother with this I had enough of it back then . Anyone who enjoys Move shooters should get this .

+ theXsilentXchild on July 15th, 2011 at 9:57 am said:

Is this for sega cd?

+ Deathspear666 on July 15th, 2011 at 10:54 am said:

Meh..

+ TomHoang on July 15th, 2011 at 11:00 am said:

Yay, more Move light gun games! I hope this game will work well with the red shooting attachment, I wanna get some use out of that thing.

+ Higgsteen17 on July 15th, 2011 at 11:11 am said:

So when exactly does the PS site update trophies you’ve earned. For awhile it seemed pretty quick but its been like 10-12 days now since it’s changed. Wanna see that LA Noire platinum trophy!

+ elias820 on July 15th, 2011 at 11:13 am said:

why cant i buy nothing off the store it shows an error when im about to confirm purchase is there something wrong with my credit card? plz answer

+ theMADster on July 15th, 2011 at 12:05 pm said:

@JetSetFuture, I think I had forgotten completely about Hologram Time Traveler until I just read your post. Oh man, that was such an awesome experience back then!

+ marlyt on July 15th, 2011 at 12:51 pm said:

Are there different effects for “where” someone gets shot ie betweem the eyes, in the package, gut etc? That would be funny. And if we could play with friends across PSN competetively that would be neato too. I know you daid it had MP but how does that work?

Paul Gold's Avatar

+ Paul Gold on July 15th, 2011 at 1:18 pm said:

Hey marlyt! For this release we did have some fun with scoring depending on where you shoot the bandits – there are all sorts of bonuses. On the multiplayer side of things, we have two separate modes. The first is where you can either take turns with a friend to see who has the fastest draw time or you both can simultaneously go up against an enemy and see who can take’em down first.

+ night123 on July 15th, 2011 at 1:18 pm said:

Can’t wait

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on July 15th, 2011 at 1:46 pm said:

sounds awesome…i wish there was a IN_GAM VIDEO ..so i can see is it LOOKS AWESOME :/ i guess i gotta wait till tuesday…and try out the DEMO..if there is one :/

+ xRedxViolence on July 15th, 2011 at 2:01 pm said:

So this is just trying to beat guys at draws? That’ll get boring quick nice idea though to bring back old school stuff always appreciate it.

I love me old school games but what i really want to see back in this department are these 2 things.

1. Lethal Enforcers or something similar with an 80′s style Cops shoot em up

2. Konami Justifier – SOMEBODY has to bring back the Revolver easily the sweetest looking gun.

+ CaptainJeff87 on July 15th, 2011 at 7:19 pm said:

Can this game be played with a regular six-axis controller and without the Move controller like some other Move-compatible games ie Funky Lab Rat?

Paul Gold's Avatar

+ Paul Gold on July 18th, 2011 at 6:30 am said:

The PlayStation Move is required to play Fast Draw Showdown.

+ aquastorm on July 15th, 2011 at 7:28 pm said:

THE MAIN REASON THE XBOX 360 AND XBOX LIVE KEEP KICKING SONYS ASS IN SALES AND POPULARITY?

THE LACK OF CROSS GAME VOICE CHAT AND A PARTY SYSTEM ON THE PS3!!!!!!

WHEN WILL SONY STOP IGNORING THE FACTS AND RESCUE THE PS3 FROM AN EARLY DEMISE BY IMPLEMENTING THESE MISSING CRUCIAL COMMUNITY FEATURES?

IS CROSS GAME VOICE CHAT NOT POSSIBLE ON THE PS3? WHY DON’T YOU COME CLEAN WITH THE COMMUNITY SONY AND ADDRESS THIS GIGANTIC PINK ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM?

+ elias820 on July 15th, 2011 at 8:12 pm said:

i agree with aquastorm i would really like cross game voice chat

+ SHINSPIKES on July 15th, 2011 at 9:06 pm said:

Yes more shooters for move please. Be it fps, third person, arcade, on rails, or even this game. Keep them coming.

+ marlyt on July 16th, 2011 at 11:23 am said:

@ Paul G.

Thanks. I’ll check it out!!

+ kimchee75 on July 16th, 2011 at 4:45 pm said:

point blank games for move. any of them. all of them!!

+ Crow_50 on July 18th, 2011 at 7:17 pm said:

Looks like an old arcade game i played as a kid

+ musicman1234 on July 20th, 2011 at 11:46 am said:

Downloaded game.Says I unlocked A Reward for Home..Says its a Game Cabinet…Looged in Home..No reward..
Tried this a few times…Nothing..
Thought maybe you would be interested…

Paul Gold's Avatar

+ Paul Gold on July 21st, 2011 at 9:21 am said:

We just logged in to PS Home with a retail PS3 and the reward was received without issue. You should check ‘Appliances’ in your Inventory. The arcade cabinet is actually an active game launching object so you can jump right in to Fast Draw from Home.

+ oorat on July 24th, 2011 at 8:31 pm said:

How is the accuracy of this game? I love love love old school light gun shooters. And I love the light gun shooters out now for move(time crisis, dead space extraction) but, I have noticed that there is a drift problem.

I have a wish list of gun game classics for the ps3
leathal enforcers
Terminator 2 Judgement Day
Area 51
Operation Wolf
Ghost Squad
Steel Gunner 1 & 2
Silent Scope 1 & 2
Aliens Extermination
Police Trainer(which would be great if you could use the psEye to duck like the ir sensors did in the arcade game)
Space Gun
Maximum Force

And I really do think Sony should fight tooth and nail to get a port of the Star Wars Trilogy Arcade game, talk about a game that was made for the move, first you have a cursor that to shoot down enemy ships, and then the lightsaber battle. I would happily pay 10 – 15, maybe even 20, for that game with move support.

+ ReAl_As-It-GiTz on August 3rd, 2011 at 9:49 pm said:

Ok i got this game today, and played it once wasnt too bad, so tonight i tried it again, but heres my problem, now i cant get the game to calibrate to the controller ive tried to restart the game, my system, and even unistalled and redownloaded still will not calibrate any help on this matter would be a huge help