Driveclub

Bonus Content Comes to ICO and Shadow of the Colossus Collection

Brian Dunn's Avatar + Posted by Brian Dunn on Jul 20, 2011 // Associate Product Marketing Manager

Shadow_4

We’re just a few short months away from the release of the ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Collection for PlayStation 3. As mentioned in the original announcement, this new collection features two of the most highly acclaimed video games of all time, now with full 1080p HD and stereoscopic 3D support, 7.1 surround sound, and full PSN Trophy support, all for just $39.99.

Shadow_10 Ico_2

As if that wasn’t enough reason to pick up this collection in September, I’m happy to announce that the disc will also come with some amazing bonus content. Packed in every new copy of the game will be a voucher for two XMB Dynamic Themes, one for ICO and one for Shadow of the Colossus. In addition, on the disc itself will be a ton of exclusive video content from ICO, Shadow of the Colossus, and The Last Guardian that fans won’t want to miss. We’re busy finalizing the videos as we speak, and will have more details to share next month.

Don’t forget to pre-order your copy before it hits stores on September 27!

Ico_1

+ gamer4ever77 on July 20th, 2011 at 1:21 pm said:

I never played these on the PS2, but I’m looking into this collection because these games seem unique when compared to all the shooters and action games that come out all the time.

+ Orufonz0 on July 20th, 2011 at 1:22 pm said:

Will it be available on the psn some time in the future?

+ wanderer55 on July 20th, 2011 at 1:42 pm said:

Day one buy. Not only I will be happy to go through one of the best games ever again (SotC) with trophies and better framerate, now I can finally play ICO. And the bonuses sounds like nice additions.

+ Ethereal on July 20th, 2011 at 1:45 pm said:

Thank you for the dynamic themes and extra content, as if I wasn’t sold already. You have my money day one. Keep up the good work Sony!

+ ENRICHOVEGA on July 20th, 2011 at 1:45 pm said:

My crystal ball informs me this will be downloadable at some point in time. Now if it would only tell me tonight’s lottery #’s…

+ AriesWarlock on July 20th, 2011 at 1:47 pm said:

Thank the team. I am glad they are adding bonuses like these in collections.

+ mcbuttz78 on July 20th, 2011 at 2:04 pm said:

I wish we could pre order the game off psn. that would be better. Its a great idea.. too. More sure sales..

+ Esena on July 20th, 2011 at 2:18 pm said:

By far one of my most anticipated titles! Very excited!

+ ChibiMrBubbles on July 20th, 2011 at 2:21 pm said:

I want that European and Japanese double box art. Not a collector’s edition, just that same European or Japanese packaging art of ICO and SOTC as the cover.

+ iTofuMan on July 20th, 2011 at 2:49 pm said:

Cannot wait!

I want it now please!

+ Heavenly_king on July 20th, 2011 at 3:04 pm said:

1st day :D

+ lobotomies4free on July 20th, 2011 at 3:11 pm said:

I’m probably reading this wrong but what is the Limbo DLC offer exactly?

+ Sephir007 on July 20th, 2011 at 3:18 pm said:

Yes,, I’m hoping for a PSN release too!

+ angelspawn77 on July 20th, 2011 at 3:22 pm said:

This great collection just got greater!!! Can’t wait! Only thing that would have made this deal sweeter would be a Last Guardian demo, but whatever, I’m content with all the awesome stuff this comes with already! This will definitely make the wait for Last Guardian easier :D

+ TallCrowe on July 20th, 2011 at 3:24 pm said:

Will Ico have the new game + stuff of the Japanese version with the Basketball shooting and whatnot.

+ PoInTyNiPs on July 20th, 2011 at 3:30 pm said:

will it be in actual 1080 not like in other games that say 1080 on the back of the box cough couch gow3. and please people don’t say you can change it to 1080 cause you can’t.

Brian Dunn's Avatar

+ Jefferson Dong on July 20th, 2011 at 6:51 pm said:

The remastered versions of ICO and Shadow of the Colossus will support both 1080i and 1080p.

+ favian on July 20th, 2011 at 3:30 pm said:

interviews with Ueda please.

Brian Dunn's Avatar

+ Jefferson Dong on July 20th, 2011 at 6:31 pm said:

And other leads from Team ICO.

+ EnigmaNemesis on July 20th, 2011 at 3:37 pm said:

I can not wait for this…

Been gaming for over 25 years, and these two games are right up there as some of my favorite of all time.

+ PoInTyNiPs on July 20th, 2011 at 3:38 pm said:

edit from last post you only can do it only for the tv not the game

+ Hooligantuan on July 20th, 2011 at 3:39 pm said:

Doooood! Put some PS Home stuff in that package!

And show some Avatar love!

+ Hooligantuan on July 20th, 2011 at 3:40 pm said:

Also: I seriously like preordered this in like MARCH or something.

+ favian on July 20th, 2011 at 3:41 pm said:

Will there be a limited edition of this ICO/SOTC for people who pre-order?

Brian Dunn's Avatar

+ Jefferson Dong on July 20th, 2011 at 6:32 pm said:

Unfortunately, no.

+ Hooligantuan on July 20th, 2011 at 3:41 pm said:

UGH, and a Question!

Trophy Support!

Is that Per Game, or is there a single trophy pool spread among the both of them?

Gosh, I really wish those hidden items from the Time Trials had been incorporated into the game, though, like you had to go out and explore and find them. ARGH LOVE GAME.

Brian Dunn's Avatar

+ Jefferson Dong on July 20th, 2011 at 6:43 pm said:

There are trophies assigned to each game.

+ Lopan on July 20th, 2011 at 3:46 pm said:

Cool I can’t wait. You know what? another game that came out recently that promised a free dynamic theme when we pre-ordered and we didn’t get it. what was that game? Oh yeah Motorstorm Freakin Apocalypse!!!!!!

+ LionsguardAgrias on July 20th, 2011 at 3:50 pm said:

Pre-ordered this ages ago. Funny how my most anticipated title this year is actually an old one.

+ Carl-G on July 20th, 2011 at 3:57 pm said:

Nice 1;)

Now will anyone do a ‘TimeSplitters HD’ collection? ? ? :-P

+ d-GE-X on July 20th, 2011 at 4:03 pm said:

hey can all the fan knows when uncharted 3 demo comes out before the game release plz cant wait to play

+ filinese21 on July 20th, 2011 at 4:07 pm said:

I’ve had this pre-ordered for months now, but these bonuses only sweeten the deal. I gotta say, I’d buy avatars for the Collection as well :)

+ spunnups on July 20th, 2011 at 4:48 pm said:

Day 1, and I own SoTC, but not ICO. Love it!!!!!!

+ PhantomOfPanton on July 20th, 2011 at 5:01 pm said:

Ratchet and Clank collection please! :D

+ ChubbyBiddy on July 20th, 2011 at 5:01 pm said:

Nice.

+ BlooodyCow on July 20th, 2011 at 5:16 pm said:

Shut the hell up Sony and take my money. Hell I will buy two copies of this game just because I love the originals so much.

+ SHINSPIKES on July 20th, 2011 at 5:28 pm said:

Have both, but still want in HD. Please squeeze as much content as you can into that bluray.

+ plaztiksyke on July 20th, 2011 at 5:36 pm said:

I am excited for this, and have pre-ordered, but…

7.1 surround support will be meaningless if the audio assets aren’t 24-bit and/or losslessly compressed. No one will be fooled by tinny, muffled, boomy low-quality assets in surround sound as an “HD” experience.

All the screenshots on flickr are 720 — not 1080p. Additionally, the Ico_2 screenshot shows a close-up of those super low-res, palletized textures in the foreground. 1080p is moot without some of these PS1-quality foreground textures getting re-authored — the filtering almost makes them look worse, and it will be unacceptable to new players seeing them on 50+” HDTVs.

Again, I’m super excited for this, but after seeing the value-add of Beyond Good & Evil HD and Prince of Persia HD versus The Sly Collection HD, I hope Sony ups their game on the genuine quality PS2 re-issues instead of “HD” gimicks like “9.3 surround sound”.

+ GeneralChaz9 on July 20th, 2011 at 5:49 pm said:

Whoa! Amazing! Are you sure its the original games? lol

Ratchet and Clank Collection soon? Twisted Metal Black HD? Star Wars Battlefront HD Collection? :D

+ PullusPardusUS on July 20th, 2011 at 6:13 pm said:

i own/played every console since the atari and the MagnaVox Odyssey (the very first one) , and i tend to collect games as much as i can on every console , but let me tell you, no game has ever moved me like these two little games did, they’re are my all time favorite games.

+ tacotaskforce on July 20th, 2011 at 6:14 pm said:

You’re going to have the NICO trailer, right? That much should be mandatory. The Playstation one ICO trailer would be nice too, but I’ve never seen a version of that at a decent resolution.

Brian Dunn's Avatar

+ Jefferson Dong on July 20th, 2011 at 6:46 pm said:

That’s a good idea about the NICO trailer. ;) We’ll look into it.

+ VendettaLion on July 20th, 2011 at 6:20 pm said:

Great News, …will there be a special collectors edition like those in the Japanese market will receive? I believe their collector’s edition comes with two separate disk in special packaging.

+ varmintx on July 20th, 2011 at 6:59 pm said:

First I’ve heard of the 7.1 audio…can’t even imagine how good the colossi are going to sound stomping around with a dedicated LFE channel.

+ alok893 on July 20th, 2011 at 7:24 pm said:

WHAT ABOUT THE BOOK COMING IN THE JAPANESE COLLECTION?

+ joseqq on July 20th, 2011 at 7:33 pm said:

There is a Limited Edition in Japan that comes with a box for the games, is that coming to NA/EU? And does that Limited Edition from Japan also include these bonuses?

+ gekko1986 on July 20th, 2011 at 8:05 pm said:

Will there be an option to disable trophy notifications? I hate them in general, but having them pop up in these games in particular would be especially annoying.

+ Wolokowoh on July 20th, 2011 at 8:28 pm said:

A little disappointing that it was an extra colossus for SotC but I was going to buy the collection for the improvements anyways. Are they still considering putting a Last Guardian demo on the disc or a voucher for early access to it?

+ Jedah_PR on July 20th, 2011 at 8:29 pm said:

It’s amazing that even to this date & gen consoles, SotC graphics still look AMAZING!

I still don’t know if I’ll get this HD remake or not since I still have both original games from PS2; but I am tempted in that 1080i/1080p support & 7.1 surround sound.

These two titles are one of my top 5 favorite games of all time, and I’ve been gaming for over 25 years.

Creators like Ueda and the people behind Team Ico sadly come once in a lifetime.

+ Hooligantuan on July 20th, 2011 at 8:34 pm said:

You guys should also look into republishing the old ICO demo. I still have mine and it’s pretty cool how it’s different than the actual game area.

And, man, I know Shadow of the Colossus is an older title and it’s highly unlikely you guys would tamper with it anymore, but it would be super cool if the central temple/tower thing was tweaked so we could climb higher up it than the secret garden.

And I would totally pay for DLC that had bonus colossi to take down, even if it was just in time trials. Some of the colossi that were cut in the initial design phase were really neat looking, for instance.

+ YungShep on July 20th, 2011 at 9:00 pm said:

3D and 7.1 I’m there!

+ PSWii2008 on July 20th, 2011 at 9:44 pm said:

I’m guessing each game will have a platinum trophy, like the Sly Collection did? Not that that matters, since playing these amazing games are enough of a reward, especially since I didn’t get to play them the first time around.

+ Northstar77 on July 20th, 2011 at 10:54 pm said:

Darn I was hoping for in game Bonus content….like the ICO replay content that wasn’t in the original.. I think he was going to English on second play through. I mean this is a day one buy Love the collection.

+ comicfan007 on July 20th, 2011 at 11:26 pm said:

EPIC !!!

+ GertMint on July 21st, 2011 at 1:28 am said:

Yep should be amazing in HD on a big TV.

Have you noticed a pattern here that the demand for Jak & Daxter HD keeps popping up?, hope Naughty Dog reads these threads too.