PS4-The Order

New Test Yourself DLC Packs Incoming

Bill Fryer's Avatar + Posted by Bill Fryer on Jul 21, 2011 // Marketing and PR Coordinator, Creat Studios

Hey everyone! Bill from Creat Studios here with some great news for all you amateur psychologists: The next two test blocks Test Yourself: Attention and Test Yourself: Memory will be available July 26th. As their names imply, these add-ons will measure the user’s attention and memory through a series of tests. These packs will be available in North America for $1.99.

The goal of Test Yourself is to provide users with an affordable, professional assessment of various aspects of their personalities and psychological abilities. After the release of the initial pack, we received a ton of positive feedback about this game and we are very excited to release the next part of the Test Yourself experience. Users who complete all of the test blocks will receive a full psychological portrait and will better understand the complex characteristics of their states of mind. The initial game Test Yourself: Psychology, which included test packs for Intelligence and Nervous System, was one of the top five downloaded games on PSN and is available for $2.99.

Test Yourself is a serious scientific product developed by a team of professional psychologists and counselors. The product’s affordable price is part of an effort to support increasing public interest towards psychology. By combining a scientific approach with the fun of the PlayStation platform, Test Yourself offers an accessible and enjoyable experience for audiences of all ages and cultural backgrounds.

+ soldiercell on July 21st, 2011 at 10:01 am said:

When you gonna fix the orange color in display settings! ITs the same as the yellow color! ANd will there be an option to remove app icons such as netflix, qriocity and the photo icon? And lastly have an option not to display the rectangle bar in the top right hand corner or be able to move it to other corners! THANKS!

PLAYSTATION APP for US PLEASE!

+ monyking on July 21st, 2011 at 10:06 am said:

A good way to test yourself…I like that. Tried it and looking forward to get some more trophies out of it plus to test my brain on this stuff. Good Work on it.

+ Bill Fryer on July 21st, 2011 at 10:11 am said:

Glad to hear that monyking! These new tests are pretty fun too!

+ Craazy on July 21st, 2011 at 10:16 am said:

Memory…..egads! I probably wont remember that I typed this 10 minutes from now. That said I will likely buy it!

+ Bill Fryer on July 21st, 2011 at 10:20 am said:

You should! You should pick up attention too, If you can remember to haha.

+ Conaaando on July 21st, 2011 at 10:23 am said:

I do have the initial pack and I’m definitely buying these too. :-) Will it have new trophies? Thanks.

+ Bill Fryer on July 21st, 2011 at 10:32 am said:

Sounds great Conaaando! These two add-ons do have their own trophies too!

+ snake4308 on July 21st, 2011 at 10:31 am said:

I was gettin a little worried that the other parts werent coming out since it’s been about two months since the first came out. I liked the first subjects, bring it!

+ Bill Fryer on July 21st, 2011 at 10:41 am said:

You got it snake4308! We will keep them coming for you : )

+ RaymondBel on July 21st, 2011 at 11:29 am said:

What about privacy? Will our “profile” be downloaded and sold to third parties for exploitation or surveillance?

+ Bill Fryer on July 21st, 2011 at 11:34 am said:

Absolutely not. Your results are your own. The only thing people would be able to see is the trophies you have collected.

+ Harshevik on July 21st, 2011 at 11:46 am said:

Test yourself not buying this DLC! :P

+ Bill Fryer on July 21st, 2011 at 11:58 am said:

I hope you give it a shot anyway Harshevik : )

+ Laviathan19 on July 21st, 2011 at 12:35 pm said:

Seems very interesting. Reminds me slightly of Big Brain Academy, ya know, that motion-control game for the Wii? It was a bit cartooney (as are a lot of Nintendo’s offerings), but still interesting to see that pentagon which guages results to each of your brain’s levels

I may wait until all of the DLC is released, and possibly offered in one big bundle, before buying. As of right now, though, I’m broke (had to renew my PS+…and get that awesome Borderlands bundle).

+ Bill Fryer on July 21st, 2011 at 12:45 pm said:

Glad to hear you are interested. I hope you get around to checking out Test Yourself Laviathan19 : )

+ KINGstarBUDDY on July 21st, 2011 at 2:12 pm said:

what exactly is this?

+ Bill Fryer on July 21st, 2011 at 2:39 pm said:

Test Yourself lets the player get a better feel for their personality and abilities. It is different from IQ testing games in that it has been developed by a team of psychologists and based on years of studies. Test Yourself combines the science of Psychology with the fun of the PlayStation 3. You should check it out!

+ Cyb3rfr34k-iso on July 21st, 2011 at 4:09 pm said:

look usefull game ;)
i have a question, is it only in english? cuz i’am canadian french, and i want french subtitles at least :) thanks in advance!

+ Bill Fryer on July 22nd, 2011 at 7:55 am said:

You should be fine. The language is based on the region of the PS3.

+ mikedo2007 on July 21st, 2011 at 4:41 pm said:

Oh good, I hope this can help some of our psychology student who have PS3. Also, I never though you can use video game to teach psychology. I wish they can make video game that can teach biology (specifically Biotech and genetics), that would be awesome since I’m a summer student interning at NIH (National Institute of Health).

+ Bill Fryer on July 22nd, 2011 at 7:04 am said:

haha we will get to work on it : )

+ thejessmister on July 21st, 2011 at 8:24 pm said:

Very interesting. I’m sold.

+ Bill Fryer on July 22nd, 2011 at 7:54 am said:

Great! I hope you enjoy : )

+ Kid_Fleetfoot on July 21st, 2011 at 8:36 pm said:

Maybe it will help me become a better Dolphy trainer? Or concentrate on baseball more and make the big leagues? If not it sounds like fun. What attention span? Oh Oh! ;)

+ Bill Fryer on July 22nd, 2011 at 7:51 am said:

You never know ; )

+ burningwind on July 21st, 2011 at 8:55 pm said:

That video explained absolutely nothing. I will be getting them though. Nifty little game. Hope it keeps getting support.

+ Bill Fryer on July 22nd, 2011 at 7:52 am said:

Glad you like them! We will be release more Test Yourself soon : )

+ Bilouze on July 22nd, 2011 at 6:07 am said:

I want to test myself with new Cuboid puzzles ! Please !

+ WelmoscaBR on July 22nd, 2011 at 12:59 pm said:

sounds great need to try

+ WelmoscaBR on July 22nd, 2011 at 1:00 pm said:

sounds great I need to try this one.

+ Bill Fryer on July 22nd, 2011 at 1:10 pm said:

So nice you said it twice : )

+ MsBloodyMary on July 22nd, 2011 at 11:19 pm said:

hi

+ RavenSPe on July 23rd, 2011 at 3:47 am said:

Definitely want this at some point but probably going to wait for a bundle. How many more are expected to come out anyway?

+ devilmosh on July 23rd, 2011 at 1:54 pm said:

I got this for my wife, who is disabled with schizophrenia, and the exercises are very helpful for her! Thank you for this. I, too, was a tad worried that it had been dropped, since it took a while for more. I’m glad to see you’re still chuggin’ along with it!

Quick question: I may not have been paying attention properly, but does it only handle one person? I’d like to try it for myself as well as my wife, but I had trouble figuring out how to start a second profile. Forgive me if the option was right in front of me and I spaced.

+ blainster55 on July 24th, 2011 at 8:56 am said:

Hey playstation fans this sounds great.Btw if any of you have cod black ops and u want to be in my clan send me a friend request and ill add the name of the clan is BOOM

+ FERRET420 on July 26th, 2011 at 1:40 pm said:

Can you explain why this article lists the price as $1.99, but it is being sold for $2.99!!! If I would have known the add on would be as much as the original “game” itself, I never would have picked up the initial “game”. How do I get a refund on the original pack since this is clearly a case of false advertising?

Also, please patch the instructions. The very loose English language translation makes it impossible to clearly understand the purpose of some of the tests.

+ FORMIK on July 26th, 2011 at 2:53 pm said:

I have to agree with the previous post. I was disappointed to see the price in the store today of $2.99. Yes, it’s just a dollar, but the entire game is only $2.99. Also, from the looks of the file size, this “add-on” might already be included in the game.
My wife and I enjoyed playing the initial game, which I decided to buy after this news of the additional content. But this game will cost more than other PSN games once all the additional content shown in the game as “coming soon” is released.

+ Fussbudget on July 26th, 2011 at 8:15 pm said:

Very cool, I will be getting this. I was just wondering when and if any new packs would come out since it always says “coming soon” on the original app. Looking forward to them all eventually being released.

+ Muldurk on July 29th, 2011 at 12:39 am said:

I couldn’t help noticing that the Test Yourself: Attention pack wasn’t released on July 26…