PS4-Watch_Dogs

Watch the 2011 EVO World Finals Live in PlayStation Home

Locust_Star's Avatar + Posted by Locust_Star on Jul 25, 2011 // PlayStation Home Community Manager

EVOL Championship Series in PlayStation Home

The largest fighting game competition in the world is right around the corner and we are giving you, the PlayStation Home community, a front-row seat to witness the no-holds barred action of the 2011 EVO World Finals.

From Friday, July 29th until the final battle on Sunday, July 31st we will be streaming the event live from the Rio Resort in Las Vegas to the PlayStation Home Theater. Watch as competitors from around the globe duke it out on PS3 across five competitions: Marvel vs Capcom 3, Tekken 6, Mortal Kombat, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II, and Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition. Players include 2009 and 2010 Street Fighter champion Daigo Umehara who will attempt an unprecedented “3-peat” victory. Along the way to his goal he’ll face one of the strongest fields of competitors ever assembled, including US legend Justin Wong, Korean wizard Poongko, French phenom Kayane, and UK champ Ryan Hart.

The purpose of this event is twofold: First, bring the world’s top fighting game competition directly to your PlayStation 3. Secondly, we have some new video streaming technology to test in the PlayStation Home Theater and what better opportunity than this? Join us for this special event and help us test this new video streaming technology by posting about your experience in GlassWalls’ EVO 2011 World Finals Stream Test thread on the official PlayStation Home forums. Attendees will receive a line of exclusive PlayStation Home/EVO virtual items: Visitors on Friday will receive a limited edition EVO t-shirt for their PlayStation Home avatar; on Saturday players will be rewarded with a special fighting stick companion item; and on Sun all viewers will receive a replica of the EVO trophy for their PlayStation Home personal spaces.

From high-profile grudge matches to the Grand Finals (running all day on Sunday, July 31st), this year’s EVO World Finals is not to be missed. Knuckle up and log into PlayStation Home this weekend to watch the best of the best throw down until only one champion remains.

Full schedule:

Friday, July 29th

• 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM Super Street Fighter IV Tournament, Early Rounds
  • 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM Super Street Fighter IV Tournament, Quarterfinals
  • 8:00 PM – 11:00 PM Super Street Fighter IV Tournament, Semi-Finals (top 32 players)
  • Saturday, July 30th

• 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Tournament, Early Rounds
  • 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Tournament, Quarterfinals
  • 8:00 PM – 11:00 PM Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Tournament, Semi-Finals (top 32 players)
  • Sunday, July 31th

9:00 AM – 9:00 PM The top 8 in each tournament square off for the 2011 championships. In order:

• BlazBlue Continuum Shift 2 Tournament Finals
  • Tekken 6 Tournament Finals
  • Mortal Kombat 9 Tournament Finals
  • Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Tournament Finals
  • Super Street Fighter IV Tournament Finals
  • See you in Home!

PAGE 1 2

+ Busca-Cabezas on July 25th, 2011 at 12:19 pm said:

Sweet!!! PlayStation Home Events ROCK!! Woot! :P

+ UNIT-TRB on July 25th, 2011 at 12:25 pm said:

cool..

+ chaoszero14 on July 25th, 2011 at 12:26 pm said:

Can’t wait to check this out! PlayStation Home just keeps getting better and better.

+ bball230 on July 25th, 2011 at 12:34 pm said:

The PS3 is capable of Cross Nation Video Streaming to Millions of people, but is not capable of Cross game Chatting with a friend.

+ ddb216 on July 25th, 2011 at 12:35 pm said:

heck yea

+ gastonly on July 25th, 2011 at 12:35 pm said:

Dope! Wish I could be there, though.

+ Solid_Fish36 on July 25th, 2011 at 12:40 pm said:

Sucks i have 2 of these games on xbox.

+ JumpMan33 on July 25th, 2011 at 12:44 pm said:

Nice! Any word if the PSHome stream is the same as Justin .tv stream? As in, will we get the same live commentary during the matches?

Evo is gonna be Hype this year! Thanks!

Locust_Star's Avatar

+ Locust_Star on July 25th, 2011 at 1:30 pm said:

It’s the official stream from EVO. I’m not sure what other outlets this stream will be available in, but I do know that these rewards are only available in Home ;)

+ Conaaando on July 25th, 2011 at 12:48 pm said:

This is exciting! I’ll definitely check some fights out!

+ Conrad_Max on July 25th, 2011 at 12:51 pm said:

I can did that. Live streaming broadcast. Home just keeps getting better and better. Thank you for the good news.

+ Conrad_Max on July 25th, 2011 at 12:52 pm said:

Oops. I can “dig” that. See, I am excited.

+ digitalman123 on July 25th, 2011 at 12:55 pm said:

Gotta go back to Home soon…

+ The_FPS on July 25th, 2011 at 1:02 pm said:

Nice event. Hope I am able to check out a few matches, especially Mortal Kombat.

+ Neptunes78 on July 25th, 2011 at 1:03 pm said:

This will be cool to watch

+ djchu on July 25th, 2011 at 1:09 pm said:

I hope it ends up better than the live E3 stream which didnt work in my theatre

+ Bluejays20012 on July 25th, 2011 at 1:13 pm said:

this update looks awesome i want all three items

+ capitolc on July 25th, 2011 at 1:18 pm said:

If only I could also watch some MK and Tekken matches, early rounds.

But I will def be on all weekend (right after work on friday). Look for me, I’ll be there!

Great great thing for EVO and HOME!!! I’m excited for my first EVO experience!!!

” Let’s go xX_Von_Xx! I’m rooting for you! SFCCL representative “

+ KwietStorm on July 25th, 2011 at 1:23 pm said:

Wow. A reason to login to Home.

+ PunchoThaBoss on July 25th, 2011 at 1:31 pm said:

Man this the best idea ever Love it !Great way to use PS home!

+ storwolf on July 25th, 2011 at 1:37 pm said:

incredeble is amazing :With The single done to go on Friday, receiving these awards
    locus

+ Kchow23 on July 25th, 2011 at 1:38 pm said:

How come only the MK finals will be shown and not the rest of the MK matches? but I hope its as exciting as last year! at least in the semifinals.

+ Kchow23 on July 25th, 2011 at 1:38 pm said:

at least as exciting as how the semifinals were… GAMER BEE!*

+ footballrule on July 25th, 2011 at 1:40 pm said:

Ah, another good live streaming. I’ll be there. :)

+ CasshernTheGuy on July 25th, 2011 at 1:44 pm said:

Be sure to catch the streams on Justin.tv as well! Only on justin.tv will you be able to watch EVO After Hours, which will have some uncensored no holds barred pure excitement from the IPLAYWINNER staff! Money Matches, cosplay contest, and more! Offcast will also be in charge of MK9, T6 and BBCS2! Team Sp00ky is heading the stream with SSFIV:AE, MVC3, UMVC3 Exhibition, SFxT Exhibition, and a special 5v5 East Vs West 3rd Strike: Online Edition Exhibition!

Hype is abound all weekend so check out all the streams and check out the streams on PSHome!

+ Sophronia on July 25th, 2011 at 1:46 pm said:

“..exclusive PlayStation Home/EVO virtual items: Visitors on Friday will receive a limited edition EVO t-shirt for their PlayStation Home avatar; on Saturday players will be rewarded with a special fighting stick companion item; and on Sun all viewers will receive a replica of the EVO trophy for their PlayStation Home personal spaces.” -L_S

Awesome! A lot of live streaming test lately, I hope this goes well.

+ Taznorris on July 25th, 2011 at 1:53 pm said:

I don’t like Ps home very much, but this looks cool. :)

+ SpeedRacer1955 on July 25th, 2011 at 2:01 pm said:

This is a great Idea but I would like to see another style of Gaming Challenge series being shown more love. Maybe those FPS Gaming leagues that play Battlefield or Resistance or CounterStrike etc. Those games deserve just as much PR as do “Fighting” stick games.

+ rdrivera on July 25th, 2011 at 2:11 pm said:

Does anyone know what time zones these are? PST?

+ WaveLightning777 on July 25th, 2011 at 2:38 pm said:

Awwwww man…. I’m gonna be in Iowa for an anime convention this weekend…

+ Killuminati on July 25th, 2011 at 2:39 pm said:

Nice I’ll be able to catch them all excpet the Marvel v Capcom matches.

+ Killuminati on July 25th, 2011 at 2:39 pm said:

Anyone know if this will be in HD?

+ MavFan619 on July 25th, 2011 at 3:06 pm said:

This is awesome I don’t use home much but to combine the service with the most hype tournament of them all will mean I will be on it for sure. Only thing better would have been if I was in Vegas myself :(

+ sephiroth54321 on July 25th, 2011 at 3:10 pm said:

finally something that interest me in playstation home :D

+ bluerei on July 25th, 2011 at 3:13 pm said:

@jumpMan33, @Locust_Star

Team Spooky, the official stream team for EVO will be streaming this event on justin.tv.

+ DyNoMiTe45 on July 25th, 2011 at 3:29 pm said:

free item and live stream of the tournament!

+ Teh_Chrisizard on July 25th, 2011 at 3:35 pm said:

Looks like I now have a reason to log into Home.

+ aquastorm on July 25th, 2011 at 3:40 pm said:

THE MAIN REASON THE XBOX 360 AND XBOX LIVE KEEP KICKING SONYS BUTT IN SALES AND POPULARITY?

THE LACK OF CROSS GAME VOICE CHAT AND A PARTY SYSTEM ON THE PS3!!!!!!

WHEN WILL SONY STOP IGNORING THE FACTS AND RESCUE THE PS3 FROM AN EARLY DEMISE BY IMPLEMENTING THESE MISSING CRUCIAL COMMUNITY FEATURES?

IS CROSS GAME VOICE CHAT NOT POSSIBLE ON THE PS3? WHY DON’T YOU COME CLEAN WITH THE COMMUNITY SONY AND ADDRESS THIS GIGANTIC PINK ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM?

+ christianaceves on July 25th, 2011 at 3:41 pm said:

this is gonna be awesome! GO DEADPOOL!

+ Joyce139 on July 25th, 2011 at 3:44 pm said:

I never cease 2 b amazed @ how innovative PS Home is. This sounds gr8 & I’ll b there front row with my caramel st. benard ^^

+ AgentX on July 25th, 2011 at 3:44 pm said:

I think it’s a great idea to bring EVO into the realm of PlayStation Home. It’s good to see some EVO-themed rewards being given out to Home users as well.

+ pelagato24 on July 25th, 2011 at 3:58 pm said:

Cant wait! =D

+ D-RUFF48 on July 25th, 2011 at 4:00 pm said:

PLAYSTATION HOME ????????????????? {RESPOND}

+ DgamerNOEL on July 25th, 2011 at 4:05 pm said:

Can somebody tell me how to know when gaming competitions like this will begin so i can enter. How can i know when these events will be coming out.?

+ BaronBrain on July 25th, 2011 at 4:28 pm said:

I can’t think of anything more boring than watching other people playing a game… okay, except for possibly golf or any other sporting event. Participating yourself is one thing, but to sit on your ass and watch someone do this? That’s definitely not my idea of “fun” or ” entertainment” — more like a slow unending torture.

Oh, but wait, that right… I forgot… we’re being bribed with Home Rewards to attend, so who cares how lame or boring this is, right?

*Snore*

+ xaos on July 25th, 2011 at 5:05 pm said:

Hey, I work with one of the organizers for Evo; I guess I should check this out :)

+ Mr_Donut on July 25th, 2011 at 5:09 pm said:

This is the kind of thing I’m talking about!!

I’ll definitely update and check PS HOME for this!
    I’m really not gonna wanna miss this!
    Wooohoo!

+ E_Darkness on July 25th, 2011 at 5:34 pm said:

This may seem silly, but will I be able to watch this in the UK from PS Home?
    Only because I have no computer or laptop and if it’s streaming off PS Home then I’m happy.

+ HoggRoll on July 25th, 2011 at 5:40 pm said:

Awesome, this is really good to see! Sony supporting the scene!

+ robo2156 on July 25th, 2011 at 5:48 pm said:

Nice MKs in this to?

+ AuroN__POLAND on July 25th, 2011 at 6:22 pm said:

PS Home available on only America?? Europe will too or no??

PAGE 1 2