PS3-TLOU Left Behind

PSN and THQ 50% Off Content Sale

Craig Wien's Avatar + Posted by Craig Wien on Jul 26, 2011 // Social Media Manager, THQ

THQ and the PlayStation Network are happy to announce an incredible 50% off sale this week on most of THQ’s online downloadable content and several hit games! This private sales event is exclusively for PlayStation Network users and will officially end on August 2.

THQ_SALE_BANNER-E'_EN

For select games, the half off sale will also include lots of downloadable content! This promotion will offer PSN users a massively extended game experience for extremely cheap prices.

PSN users will be able to purchase these full games from THQ at 50% off:

THQ will also offer tons of select half-price DLC from many of our hit Franchises.

• MX vs. ATV Alive & Reflex DLC
  • MX vs. ATV Reflex DLC
  • Red Faction Guerilla DLC
  • Red Faction Battlegrounds DLC
  • Saints Row 2 DLC
  • UFC Undisputed 2010 DLC
  • WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2011 DLC
  • Stacking DLC
  • Costume Quest DLC
  • You Don’t Know Jack DLC

THQ is very excited to offer our friends on PSN this terrific offering and we look forward to seeing you in the game!

64 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ GET2DAACHOPPAAAA on July 26th, 2011 at 9:06 am said:

Hmm might have to try costume quest

+ Budapesti on July 26th, 2011 at 9:13 am said:

50% off You Don’t Know Jack packs??? Sold!

Somehow, I didn’t even know that was a THQ game, despite all the late nights I’ve spent in the company of Cookie Masterson.

+ Son_of_Ghost on July 26th, 2011 at 9:13 am said:

whats costume quest?

+ Ftwrthtx on July 26th, 2011 at 9:17 am said:

Nice sale.

+ Andrefpvs on July 26th, 2011 at 9:17 am said:

Costume Quest is a game that I tried to play twice but on my first playthrough the save corrupted itself and on the second a bug prevents the completion of a quest required to advance the storyline (search for the French Fries bug).

So be weary if you decide to purchase this game, you might get affected by these bugs (it’s a fun little game though).

+ Son_of_Ghost on July 26th, 2011 at 9:20 am said:

what about stacking?

+ Cyb3rfr34k-iso on July 26th, 2011 at 9:20 am said:

nice sales, thanks THQ!

+ ez_____ez_____ez on July 26th, 2011 at 9:22 am said:

I would probably give $10 for Homefront but it’s not listed. Thats all that game is worth really.

+ Cyb3rfr34k-iso on July 26th, 2011 at 9:25 am said:

red faction guerilla for 10$ really worth for people dont actually have the game!
please THQ add 25% + discount for PS+ users for the Red Faction Guerilla DLC!
PLEASE!!!

+ MRGamer01 on July 26th, 2011 at 9:25 am said:

@3, Costume quest is a simple Halloween themed RPG that seems better suited to children imo.

+ BlueFrog007 on July 26th, 2011 at 9:27 am said:

Aww, and I just bought the Stacking DLC the other day. Oh well, at least I got the game for free with PS+, and it was awesome.

+ DZORMAGEN on July 26th, 2011 at 9:28 am said:

Sold on Costume Quest DLC!!

+ Kirkpad on July 26th, 2011 at 9:28 am said:

THQ is hands down my favorite third-party publisher publisher this generation

ARGGG, YDKJ DLC at half price?!? I just bought all of that for like $20! Oh well, totally worth it. THQ, if you’re listening get Jellyvision to make more YDKJ DLC!

Might pick up Stacking and Costume Quest DLC though.

+ Juststeveplease on July 26th, 2011 at 9:29 am said:

“i got the “smackdown vs raw 2011 d.l.c’s” free thanks to fan axxess.”

+ Son_of_Ghost on July 26th, 2011 at 9:30 am said:

whats stacking about?

+ cronqvist on July 26th, 2011 at 9:32 am said:

Sold on Stacking. I hadn’t bought it because I have a gigantic backlog of PSN titles… but at 50%, I’ll just add it to the backlog and play it when I have the time. :b

+ bharken on July 26th, 2011 at 9:35 am said:

They should’ve put the discounted price in the post. This offer is very tempting but I wonder how much do they cost.

+ blakseed on July 26th, 2011 at 9:38 am said:

The Stacking DLC and Costume Quest for me I do believe.

+ k1ll1ng5pr33-NL on July 26th, 2011 at 9:40 am said:

Damn son, never heard about Google? Or YouTube? Search it up!

+ snakeman07 on July 26th, 2011 at 9:41 am said:

I’ll be picking up Stacking for sure. I bought Costume Quest back in January and WOW I loved it! I couldn’t get enough of it. Tim should definitely somehow make a sequel but it’s doubtful. On a side note, I never encountered any bugs or glitches in Costume Quest.

+ TJF588 on July 26th, 2011 at 9:43 am said:

*sees article*
*reads list*
“Oooh, yes,” with hand motions.

Grabbin’ those Double Fine DLC. Been waitin’ for ‘em.

If only PlayStation Plus people could for-reals-buy the games/content they have gotten for “free” as part of Plus, so they can still retain them once their subscription falls out. Then again, not sure when I’d revisit Stacking, aside from the Lost Hobo King, but I’d still like that level of piece of mind.

+ Cyb3rfr34k-iso on July 26th, 2011 at 9:53 am said:

@ TJF588
exactly, “we” PS+ users can’t for-reals-buy the games/content they have gotten for “rental” as part of Plus shi tty program.
i really hate my PS+ subscription.
~140 days left, and i’m done.

+ PhantomOfPanton on July 26th, 2011 at 10:01 am said:

Damn! So many good deals! Sony, I love all the sales, but don’t do them all at the same time :P

I allready plan on getting the Bioshock bundle, but all these sales are so great; it’s just a shame that they are all at the same time… :(

+ marlyt on July 26th, 2011 at 10:04 am said:

@ 22

Was it really necessary to split your word between i & t to make a point? Why did you buy it if you don’t like the terms?

Very cool sale. It really doesn’t make sense though to let us +ers keep DLC but not the full game. Goof troop.

+ JonJonXD on July 26th, 2011 at 10:10 am said:

Will be buying the Stacking DLC

+ Berae on July 26th, 2011 at 10:11 am said:

I really liked Costume quest, Its a very nice halloween game. Battles were a bit repetitive but overall a very good experience. It reminded me the good old time.

+ Mister-Nep on July 26th, 2011 at 10:12 am said:

Guess this is a good time to get the Costume Quest DLC. Besides that THQ needs to put out more stuff I’m interested in.

+ dwilliams11346 on July 26th, 2011 at 10:31 am said:

yea thanks sony , you make a discount after ive spent my 50$ psn card . . . FML

+ Fear_Me_All on July 26th, 2011 at 10:50 am said:

no that no good

i purchase last night

costume quest full price + dlc 15$
red faction battleground + dlc 16$
stacking + dlc 20$

i could had save 25$……. really not cool with those surprise sale

+ zordon137 on July 26th, 2011 at 10:54 am said:

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Just bought Red Faction Guerrila last week,at least i can grab the dlc with a discount.

PS: I tried playing online a few days ago and was totally massacred,got t-bagged and everything lol

+ brianace on July 26th, 2011 at 11:01 am said:

I’m down for some more YDKJ.
Who’s the Dummy? Nooooot meee!

+ jeffsmither on July 26th, 2011 at 11:11 am said:

Any added discounts for PS+ users?

+ poodude on July 26th, 2011 at 11:14 am said:

Hey ugh, THQ, how about porting Metro 2033 over to PS3? I played the original on my 360, loved it, and reccommended it to all of my friends but I would buy it again for PS3 :). Pweeeeez?

+ TJF588 on July 26th, 2011 at 11:26 am said:

@24 – Actually, turns out the DLCs are reliant on Plus, as well. It’s in a post somewhere on this blog, but I can’t remember where.

+ colstripcapn on July 26th, 2011 at 11:26 am said:

@Fear_Me_All

How can you not have a “surprise” sale? Do you think they should announce a sale a month in advance? Then what about the people who bought it 5 weeks before the sale?

Same problem of buying something and seeing a sale announced for it a week later. Happens to everyone at some point in their life. The only way to avoid it happening is to never have a sale or price drop…

+ Cyb3rfr34k-iso on July 26th, 2011 at 11:47 am said:

@marlyt

no, they changed the terms & agreements about the DLC’s, you dont keep it after your subscription (the only reason i subscribed 1 years ago)

+ Taznorris on July 26th, 2011 at 11:49 am said:

Wow, there are some good deals here, I might pick up stacking and costume quest.

+ MastrrrWabbit on July 26th, 2011 at 11:50 am said:

First there was the Burnout Paradise Salestravaganza, then there was Borderlands + DLC for way cheap, and now this.

Sony, I love the amount of sales you guys have done in the past few weeks, and I know it really helps developers with the added sales, but my poor wallet is depleted. Here’s hoping I can find some money soon, so I can buy more great games.

+ Cyb3rfr34k-iso on July 26th, 2011 at 11:51 am said:

in case you dint know:

2010/06/24
blog.us.playstation.com/2010/06/24/playstation-plus-your-questions-answered/

Each month there will be dynamic themes, premium avatars and premium game elements/add-ons for you to download and many will be exclusive to PlayStation Plus members only. These are yours to keep forever once you have downloaded them.

2011/07/20
blog.us.playstation.com/2011/07/20/playstation-plus-update-limbo-11-99-4-new-free-games-announced-for-august/

Add-Ons: Find free and discounted add-ons in this category.

Reminder: Access to Free Add-Ons requires an active PlayStation Plus subscription; Add-Ons purchased in Plus are yours to keep

+ tylerh1701 on July 26th, 2011 at 12:11 pm said:

YDKJ DLC – Yummy!

+ FunkyTable on July 26th, 2011 at 12:12 pm said:

@People complaining that they bought this stuff earlier: Wait for sales and you won’t have that problem.

I’ve waited for Red Faction to go on sale for 2 years now, and today it will pay off.

@Sony

Thanks for all these awesome sales latley. But I kind of agree that my wallet’s getting thin. Are all the new sales the result of a change in policy and will continue moving forward or are we just having a particularly awesome month for budget gamers? Will you incredible deals weekly or at least monthly going forward?

@THQ

I am very excited, thanks for the sale. I’m picking up Red Faction Guerilla and Costume Quest DLC.

+ Teamcool_5 on July 26th, 2011 at 12:31 pm said:

well i just bought an dl’d section 8 prejudice…..how do you know if your one of the first 1000 to buy it? lol the store isn’t even updated but I kept refreshing the store an searched for it an got it

+ ROLO_ONFIRE on July 26th, 2011 at 12:54 pm said:

finally, learning something from steam :)

+ Cyb3rfr34k-iso on July 26th, 2011 at 12:55 pm said:

@Teamcool_5

you dint read correctly U have to be PS+ memeber
and the 1000 first to download it “free”, will get it for free forever to keep, never expire

+ Autoxfool on July 26th, 2011 at 1:10 pm said:

Been waiting for 6 months for Costume Quest sale. It sale be added to my ever-growing collection. :)

+ YeWest_is_da_man on July 26th, 2011 at 2:00 pm said:

Cuuuuuuurse Ittttttt!!! I had just gotten internet in my new apartment, and had a $20 PSN card to use, so I thought: “Hey, I’ve been waiting to play Stacking!” So I dl’d it yesterday afternoon, and then this!!! Oh curse you patience… you really are a virtue…

+ Arcadian_Rebel on July 26th, 2011 at 2:01 pm said:

So I can download the MX vs. ATV games from the PSN store at half price? This is awesome!

+ RE_Player on July 26th, 2011 at 2:52 pm said:

Bought Costume Quest and it’s dlc, thanks for the sale.

+ the_crochet on July 26th, 2011 at 3:03 pm said:

So is this offer really valid until August 2nd ?

Last week 2k discounts were “Offers valid through 8/1/11.” (see last week’s post)
Hope we don’t mess with the dates here too

+ NeoRaidenX on July 26th, 2011 at 4:24 pm said:

I love 50% off sales, and it will usually end up in a sure sale. Unfortunately, none of these are really appealing. I don’t like very much of what THQ produces come to think of it.

PAGE 1 2