Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Jul 26

Jul 26

Uncharted 3 Interactive Entertainment Panel at Comic-Con 2011

Arne Meyer's Avatar Posted by Director of Communications, Naughty Dog

Like UNCHARTED

We’re back from Comic-Con International 2011 and we’ve barely survived this year’s awesome, and awesomely busy, show!

One of the our personal highlights from Comic-Con was being able to be in front of over 400 fans and talk about Uncharted 3 during our panel on Friday, July 22. Moderated by USA Today’s Mike Snider, the panel was called “Developing Interactive Entertainment: The Performance Capture Techniques of the UNCHARTED Franchise and Today’s Film Industry” and it gave Amy Hennig, Taylor Kurosaki, Josh Scherr, Nolan North, Emily Rose and Richard McGonagle the perfect setting to discuss everything that goes into creating the industry-leading cinematics in the Uncharted series. The panel also gave our fans their first look at an all-new cinematic scene, and some behind-the-scenes footage of the cast, that we prepared especially for Comic-Con.

UNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception Comic Con Panel Uncharted 12UNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception Comic Con Panel

If you weren’t able to get into the room, or weren’t able to attend Comic-Con this year, we’ve got you covered with the following highlight reel shot and edited by none other than the PlayStation.Blog team.

You can catch the video of the full panel – nearly 50 minutes long – courtesy of GameSpot.

We hope everyone had a great Comic-Con and a great weekend!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

akab211 said:

July 26th, 12:03 pm

That is awesome!

AK-1001 said:

July 26th, 12:14 pm

Cool!!!!!!

reson8er said:

July 26th, 12:16 pm

I could listed/watch these guys talk Uncharted any day. Thanks for posting this~!

jecs90 said:

July 26th, 12:22 pm

Uncharted rocks!!!!!!!!!!

jecs90 said:

July 26th, 12:23 pm

Uncharted rocks!!!!,!,!,!

pickupdoctor said:

July 26th, 12:24 pm

More please, can’t wait for 11-1-11

jecs90 said:

July 26th, 12:25 pm

1-11-11. Rocks!!!!!!!

roseofmayix said:

July 26th, 12:27 pm

So…Is the comic series considered cannon?

marlyt said:

July 26th, 12:28 pm

Emily Rose is hot!!! And U3 looks cool too.

TimChamp said:

July 26th, 12:34 pm

schweet!

that-acmilan-guy said:

July 26th, 12:37 pm

This is why uncharted series is phenomenal, just look how much fun the people behind the game. Hey PSBLOG crew, did you guys do a separate interview of the actors like last time before u2 hit?

msm1428 said:

July 26th, 12:40 pm

SPAAAAAAAACE!!

Mobius2525 said:

July 26th, 12:48 pm

Can’t wait for this game to come out.

joeshrimp11 said:

July 26th, 12:48 pm

I can’t wait any longer for this game I’m so excited.

Butters360 said:

July 26th, 12:57 pm

I was front row for this. This panel was amazing to sit through. Such great chemistry between everyone.

TheGuardianFID said:

July 26th, 12:58 pm

That was great, thank you for posting it!!! 8)

AK-1001 said:

July 26th, 1:11 pm

Uncharted 3 looks better with each video that’s posted. Good Job Naughty Dog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MarkedByAshes said:

July 26th, 1:17 pm

I never post on anything in the blog, but this couldn’t be left alone. It’s great to see a bit of discussion from the panel, but to the people running camera…let me give you one piece of advice: QUIT PLAYING WITH THE ZOOM! Holy crap I was about to vomit trying to watch this thing! Just because you have a Digital SLR camera, doesn’t make you a cinematographer! You’re whipping back and forth across the table and playing with the zoom so much it’s distracting from the conversation! HOLD STILL! And would it be too much trouble to use a tripod? Or, heck, even a monopod? Just steady it up a bit! This isn’t Michael Bay’s next action flick, it’s a panel discussion! No reason to try to be artsy! Ok, that’s all…back to your lives.

SuMizzle said:

July 26th, 1:26 pm

This made me want to replay the first 2. So I will!

marlyt said:

July 26th, 1:36 pm

@ 18 LMAO

I have shaky hands when I hold a camera and EVERYBODY hates anything I shoot cuz it makes them sick. Funny comment. Now back to your lives…priceless.

Robsonmonkey said:

July 26th, 1:57 pm

Did you see Nolans face after everyone applauded when they got asked if they would ever be play there characters in the uncharted film if they got the chance…he looked a bit surprized.

Can’t you guys a ND not give Neil Burger a little hint

I mean I wanted Nathan Fillion because I didn’t think Nolan was up to it since he suggested Hugh Jackman in a interview a long time ago but they really seem they want to do it. F**k Nathan Fillion

I hope Nolan, Emily and Richard get the roles

Arcadian_Rebel said:

July 26th, 2:00 pm

Hopefully Uncharted 3 will be better than the beta!

K3ViNPwNz- said:

July 26th, 2:00 pm

awesome video thnx .I cant wait for uncharted 3
I hope we get a single player demo from that E3 gameplay they showed us.I dont wana see anymore uncharted 3 levels untill uc3 releases or else it will spoit the story!
UNCHARTED 3 GAME OF THE YEAR I CAN TELL!

angelspawn77 said:

July 26th, 2:11 pm

Good stuff, as a guy that is gonna try to get into the game design field pretty soon, this stuff is great, definitely gives me insight and tips on how the top devs are doing things and how I should be doing them as well.

P.S. Emily is very attractive :P

Trixzter7 said:

July 26th, 2:34 pm

I live Uncharted! I rented the first two games but will be buying the dual pack once it’s released to play them again. I’m also planning on getting the collectors edition of part 3.

Kchow23 said:

July 26th, 2:58 pm

Great panel! always great to hear from you guys and how you go about your work. I hope that there is more behind the scenes and panels included in the game as extra content like in Uncharted 2. Cannot wait for Uncharted 3… counting down the months :)

KBK11 said:

July 26th, 3:15 pm

So will Golden Abyss use the same motion capture they use for the console series?

Draicus said:

July 26th, 4:10 pm

I’m getting “Video Unavailable: The Video is Private”.

Dantheflyinman95 said:

July 26th, 4:11 pm

@draicus- So am I

snake4308 said:

July 26th, 4:12 pm

“Video forbidden”
care to explain?

Dantheflyinman95 said:

July 26th, 4:16 pm

It won’t let us play the video it says it’s forbidden

married_man said:

July 26th, 4:23 pm

I want to watch this video, but it says that it’s been marked private? What’s up with this?

mikedo2007 said:

July 26th, 5:27 pm

I just got Uncharted 2 for my Birthday, and I love it!!! Also, I’m going to read the upcoming Uncharted novel, and I’m David Russell is no longer part of the Uncharted movie since his direction was not I imagine. Also I think Eddie Cibrian should be Nathan Drake, if you look at both of them, there’s no doubt Eddie is Nathan Drake in looks, and voice, and age.

Shane_O said:

July 26th, 6:20 pm

I always like to see/hear the Naughty Dog group talk about the process of making the Uncharted games. They’re one of the few developers that I believe has the right work ethic, attitude and talent from top to bottom.

GEMINIVice said:

July 26th, 6:54 pm

…nothing but love for Naughty Dog and the cast. Really wish the Uncharted movie would just be animated with this crew doing their respectable roles as Drake, Elena, and Sully. After watching this vid, it’s not gonna feel right watching some other crew play Drake, Elena, and Sully in the movie.

Oh well….Nov. 1st needs to hurry the hell up.

aquastorm said:

July 26th, 7:16 pm

THE MAIN REASON THE XBOX 360 AND XBOX LIVE KEEP KICKING SONYS BUTT IN SALES AND POPULARITY?

THE LACK OF CROSS GAME VOICE CHAT AND A PARTY SYSTEM ON THE PS3!!!!!!

WHEN WILL SONY STOP IGNORING THE FACTS AND RESCUE THE PS3 FROM AN EARLY DEMISE BY IMPLEMENTING THESE MISSING CRUCIAL COMMUNITY FEATURES?

IS CROSS GAME VOICE CHAT NOT POSSIBLE ON THE PS3? WHY DON’T YOU COME CLEAN WITH THE COMMUNITY SONY AND ADDRESS THIS GIGANTIC PINK ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM?

cjmc18 said:

July 26th, 10:32 pm

emma rose looks just like elena fisher

WelmoscaBR said:

July 27th, 12:03 am

Well Uncharted is the best game ever made so of course…this video rocks a lot and so hard….Nolan North and his voice are awesome…UC3 will be GOTY yes UC again.

SmilingTurtle said:

July 27th, 1:05 am

Great video~

kingkranz said:

July 27th, 6:01 am

Naughty Dog is awesome! Great video! They are all cool as heck and really put a lot of passion into the Uncharted series. Keep up the great work ND! Can’t wait to play Uncharted 3.

tunguska05 said:

July 27th, 6:37 am

when I first played drake fortune i washooked & its amazing to me how much things have changed between uncharted 1 & what it looks to like in uncharted 3 but i must say after playing the uncharted 3 beta that i think you guys & girls may have jumped the gun in taking the weapon mod so far from the second game but i really hope that it works for you im so looking forward to playing through the third game and the whole series again best of luck in the future i can’t wait to see what you people are planing for the 4th game!?!?!?!?!?!?

tunguska05 said:

July 27th, 6:44 am

oh yeah sorry ace work everyone @ naughty dog its great to see videos like this & the others avilable lets the world into your family and us be part of the process that we all chip in to when we buy your products!!!!!

Giselev_46 said:

July 27th, 6:51 am

Gee! How long till November? Love Uncharted, love Nate! Naughty Dog rocks!

x0xave said:

July 27th, 8:33 am

OMG! I love Emily Rose! She’s so cute, lol SO funny!

Lapwner said:

July 27th, 10:58 am

@aquastorm Are you posting that on EVERY blog post? I’ve already seen it twice…stop trolling! And btw great video, and imo it seems that Emily Rose could actually play Elena in the Uncharted movie; she looks very similar to her, not to mention the voice being the same would be great.

SPOPS said:

July 27th, 11:14 am

Awesome, Uncharted is by far my favorite game franchise of all time. I love these panels when you can learn more about what happens behind the scenes. I really hope that Uncharted 3 packs a lot of behind the scenes stuff in with the game.

BakedDank420 said:

July 27th, 12:58 pm

Like I’ve said many times before, Sully has the coolest voice ever.

HolyCarb said:

July 27th, 4:57 pm

The hell? UC3 rocks!!

ritual1982 said:

July 27th, 8:45 pm

That guy has very bad taste in shirts. Anyone else notice that? He should never wear that shirt again. Noone should.

Darkpen said:

July 27th, 10:05 pm

“Hes’ better at being a hero than being a guy in regular life.”

What a wonderfully insightful quote from Amy. Really gives a great sense of who Nate is.

PAGE 1 2