No Man's Sky

Call of Duty: Black Ops Annihilation DLC Hits Tonight, Get Domination Tips

Dan Amrich's Avatar + Posted by Dan Amrich on Jul 27, 2011 // Community Manager, Activision

Call of Duty: Black Ops: Annihilation Map Pack for PS3 (Zombies: Shangri La)

Annihilation — the third pack of DLC maps for Call of Duty: Black Ops – comes to the PlayStation 3 late tonight after 2am Pacific Time. The DLC offers four new multiplayer arenas and a new jungle-based Zombies survival experience in Shangri-Li. In celebration of the big release, developer Treyarch has deemed that the double XP will flow all weekend long. I’ll be hosting a gameplay session this Friday night to soak some of that up myself, and my favorite game type is Domination. Truth be told, I’m not that good a shot, so objective-based modes like this one let me help the team and keep leveing up even if I’m nowhere near the top of the K/D ratios.

In that spirit, I wanted to offer some tips for the four new maps. I don’t know if we’ll meet up on the same team or on opposite sides of a red dot sight, but I’m willing to take that risk in the name of having fun…

Call of Duty: Black Ops: Annihilation Map Pack for PS3Call of Duty: Black Ops: Annihilation Map Pack for PS3

Drive In

I like this map a lot. Snipers perched in the projection room and in the screen will no doubt trade fire over the B flag in the middle of the map, but that also makes them susceptible to backstabs and grenades while they’re preoccupied. If you sneak up behind them, beware their defensive claymores. If you prefer to play defensively yourself, the box office near A is often underutilized as a hiding spot; you’ve got a good view of the flag and the most popular paths for advancing troops, so don’t be afraid to crouch in the ticket booth and guard your flag. Since all three flags fall in a line (more or less), consider Napalm Strike as a killstreak reward; if you drop a bit of linear fire, you can often shut down A & B or B & C and force the opponents to the edges of the map. Oh, and while you’re off to the left side, stop in the arcade and check out the pinball machines for a nice in-joke.

Hazard

This golf course is a sniper’s dream – the gazebo over A and the bridge near C give you clear lines of sight all the way down the fairway. As a result, expect B to be a nightmare to capture, especially since it’s easily attacked from the left or the right side as well. Gas grenades are great defensively at B, so consider a loadout with Tactical Mask to counteract that if you’re trying to capture. Personally, I prefer to try to control A and C and wait it out; sneak a claymore in near the chess table at C to help conceal it, and use the shadows at A to your advantage on defense.

Call of Duty: Black Ops: Annihilation Map Pack for PS3

Hangar 18

This level’s flags are spread out in a wide triangle pattern, with the B flag directly under the nose of the SR-71 Blackbird. B is particularly hard to capture because it’s so exposed and can be protected by long-range fire – there’s a building directly above on the A side that’s perfect for someone with a sniper or assault rifle, not to mention the tarped shipping crates that provide both height and cover for guards. But while everybody’s paying attention to the nose of the plane, don’t neglect its engines – flanking from the hangar itself (especially if you lead with a flashbang or concussion) is usually quite effective.

Call of Duty: Black Ops: Annihilation Map Pack for PS3

Silo

Silo can be overwhelming, as there are many blind corners and unusual pieces of cover – those cement cylinders, for instance. There’s a fair amount of verticality to the map; it doesn’t immediately look like Kowloon, but with several ladders, staircases, and scaffoldings to climb, it kind of plays like its Russian cousin. Plus, its highs are very high, giving snipers excellent views of B. However, A and C are less open from the most popular sniper perches – each has a tall wall between it and the middle of the map – so load up with shotguns and SMGs and storm them. The best team balance I’ve seen for Domination is two dedicated snipers and four roamers/cappers, working together. You really need teamwork on this one to be effective.

Above all, regardless of what map you play, use your voice! Most Domination games can be aided by simple status reports – every player can act as a scout. If three people took you out at A, say “Three at A” to prepare anybody else on your team. Simple, direct intel like that is always appreciated by teammates who want to work together.

Enjoy the new maps, enjoy this weekend’s double XP, and jump in for my Friday night session if you can; my PSN ID is OneOfSwords.

PAGE 1 8 9 10

+ Ommarking123 on July 29th, 2011 at 5:01 pm said:

for some reason in black ops every friend who r online says online nothing else doesnt say playin zombies or multiplayer or on a different game HELP???? Dont no wat to do?

+ xHOOLIGAN10x on July 30th, 2011 at 4:26 am said:

hey so i bought the new maps thru game stop and i keep getting an error code 80023156 eveytime i try to enter it, any suggestions?

+ TONY-Q on July 30th, 2011 at 8:06 am said:

@xHOOLIGAN10x

call sony, i think a few other people had that problem here n i seen them post that they took care of it. not 100% sure though…

+ THE_COMBOBULATOR on July 30th, 2011 at 9:15 am said:

well……i’ll definately not be spending my money on more tatt from the call of duty franchise…
and can’t understand people who do? :@
why do people spend more and more money on map packs and other downloadable content from the psn store?
what do playstation do for you?
30 mins to get through to someone at sony…..great customer service…NOT!
hacked lobbys still alowed to carry on…..why?
and im still waiting for a reply as to when my legit account is gonna get sorted….
after going into yet another hacked lobby and then having all my stats changed…..not happy :(
serious mr amrich…give me these hackers addresses please!!i will sort em out!!!
sony or playstation don’t care about those who want to play games how they are supposed to be played…
if they did they would have sorted this problem out long ago…

HOW LONG BEFORE I GET A REPLY THIS TIME I WONDER????????????????????

+ KaneTheMan11 on July 30th, 2011 at 9:38 am said:

vj nbfre bjrstehb’ir enbrejnnbirtnr nbrogktrn
bhntnbtr nbtijbmtvtr knbtr jnbmvktrnbr ipnbirnb tngrngit4n

+ harscombat on July 30th, 2011 at 3:04 pm said:

okey great if wi Re have new weaponsgive us new weapons to
the gu s now boeing mi

new guns

p90
desert deagel black end wite
scar-h
aug-bhar
barrett50cal
aks-47

rhe guns that wi now have is borring

i say if wi have new map then wi whant new guns to
on this list end al white atechment plz plz respone

+ harscombat on July 30th, 2011 at 3:07 pm said:

i forgot to say 2 desert deagel 1 in mi left hand en 1 on the right
I called the dubbel desert deagel

what doyou think of this idea??

traya plz treyac let ua know

+ victorjr48 on July 30th, 2011 at 3:32 pm said:

will there be a black ops map pack bundle

+ Forever_Young187 on July 30th, 2011 at 3:56 pm said:

Is it true that in the new map packs that you are releasing some new guns on certain levels but not for all of them… I dont believe it is true but I would like to know for sure.

+ guitarking75 on July 30th, 2011 at 6:05 pm said:

will they make a 4th map pack

+ neworleansman on July 30th, 2011 at 9:53 pm said:

the new zombies suck ass worse one ever

+ Co-Flell on July 31st, 2011 at 1:37 am said:

Hey if no-one minds, I have a question. I am unable to access the
website where I can enter the code from my $20 PSN card. I have no idea
where else I can type in the code, I really want the new map pack, so if anyone is
kind enough please answer me? Thanks fellow gamers.

+ carlosdabezt on July 31st, 2011 at 2:02 am said:

any body wanna game share

+ carlosdabezt on July 31st, 2011 at 2:06 am said:

u can use it on my account

+ harscombat on July 31st, 2011 at 2:45 am said:

wi whant more guns
p90
desert deagel
9mm white tactichel knife
scar-h
aug-hbar
barreta m50 caliber sniper
m95 sniper rifle
aks-47

en whie atechment:)ho iswhite mi
wi whant weapons pack:(

new maps new guns:)

+ harscombat on July 31st, 2011 at 2:48 am said:

end new killstreak:)

+ harscombat on July 31st, 2011 at 2:51 am said:

wi whant new guns in new map
call it cod black ops weapon pack
wi whant new guns white the newmultiplayers games

+ FL4M3_THR0W3R_34 on July 31st, 2011 at 4:31 am said:

who ever bought annihlation can suck masons balls

+ FL4M3_THR0W3R_34 on July 31st, 2011 at 4:35 am said:

why does back ops add the word DLC it is like they say dirrty little cocks

+ FL4M3_THR0W3R_34 on July 31st, 2011 at 4:38 am said:

im on prestige 9 lv 49

+ TONY-Q on July 31st, 2011 at 6:33 am said:

@FL4M3_THR0W3R_34

hey FL4M3R, good one! wish i coulda thought that one up…

lol, yea right. what are u, like 12 yrs old??? stop tryin to be funny dude… its not workin for u.

and who gives a s h i t what ur prestige n level are. u little H O M O.

+ thebat991 on July 31st, 2011 at 2:35 pm said:

@#455 There are only new guns on the Zombie levels- 1 per map I think except for Call of the Dead which has 2? The Explosive Sniper Rifle(Scavenger I think) and the Humanizer- not sure what its called.

@#456 I dont think they are making another map pack unless its Multiplayer only. On the loading screen for Shangrila, they don’t have another torn corner on the right side, only the left which is the previous map, Call of the Dead. Who knows though. I heard before BO came out that they were going to do 4-6. I doubted it than and still do now. There is a very slim chance though that they will make 1 more. It really depends on how the sales go for Map Pack 3: Anihilation.

+ thebat991 on July 31st, 2011 at 2:41 pm said:

@Co-Flel To redeem the code on the back of the card, go to PSN Store on the console> In upper right hand corner is a group of buttons that say something like View Cart, RedeemCodes, View Downloads, etc. Click Redeem Codes and make sure the code is EXACTLY how it’s written on the card. And make sure you purchased the card legally., otherwise if you just pocketed it and walked out of store it wont work because it has to be activated by the cashier at the store. I know Gamestop has a thing on their site where you can download a card code if you have a Credit Card. otherwise do a gameshare or go backto store wehre you purchased your card and show them the reciept of sale and ask for a new one. but make sure you try the code several times before returning to the store. Add me on PSN of if you have more questions.

hope this helped some :D

+ Autoxfool on July 31st, 2011 at 4:48 pm said:

LOL soooooooooo glad I sold this back. Why not just release a single player game and start making all multiplayer games and maps DLC?

Pathetic business practices and incompetent consumers allow this to happen. If you think this DLC party will continue, you’re misguided. $14.99 for MAPS is just downright ridiculous; you can get COMPLETE GAMES (and better ones I might add) for that (and less) on PSN. I most certainly will never buy anything COD again, just for this fact alone (just like Dirt 3 will be my last as they are doing the same garbage).

Hello….you could just get Borderlands Bundle for $14.99…..you’re telling me these maps are worth exactly the same? LOL you need help.

+ simeon04 on July 31st, 2011 at 7:09 pm said:

can u buy 15 dollar cards for 15 playstation network dollars because if there is I’m getting ripped off for the 20 because thats 5 dollars i don’t use and those messages my friends send me about get ur 50 dollar codes whats up with that is that really from sony or r all my friends liars

+ jcb_815 on July 31st, 2011 at 9:46 pm said:

@simeon04 If you want exactly $15 you’re going to have to use a credit or debit card.

+ mega-boy123 on August 1st, 2011 at 9:30 am said:

every time i try to play hanger 18 i always get kicked out and an error pops up that says something like error……………mp_area1

+ TONY-Q on August 3rd, 2011 at 7:47 pm said:

jus read that the new map pack is gonna be called rezurrection. with the black ops hardend edition zombie maps plus one new zombie map… dont know if its true or not, but sounds good. was hopin they would release those as DLC.

awesome!!!

+ sfhassan on August 9th, 2011 at 11:49 pm said:

Truth be told, Zombie sux !

+ crockiller7 on August 12th, 2011 at 4:26 am said:

THERE IS A 4TH MAP PACK CALLED REZZURECTION HITTING PSN ON SEPTEMBER 23. IT WILL INCLUDE THE FOUR DIGITLY REMASTERED ZOMBIE MAPS FROW WAW AND AND A NEW ZOMBIE MAP , MOON .

$ 15.00 US
£ 12.49 EU

+ crockiller7 on August 12th, 2011 at 4:29 am said:

THE ZOMBIE MAP WILL BE FREE FOR PLAYERS WHO BOUGHT THE PRESTIGE/HARDENED EDITIONS OF BLACK OPS AS THEY GOT THE REMASTERED MAPS ALREADY . WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS

+ TONY-Q on August 12th, 2011 at 5:04 am said:

i think its cool. love zombies, but never had or played WaW. was hoping they would release. so ill definetly be buyin the 4th map pack.

+ zacpac3 on August 13th, 2011 at 8:36 am said:

ATT…. Dan Amrich here are some more name of people that are lag switchers on black ops (Orangeskull2568) (Dario63_PL) (F-16_PL) (NS paul) (Pilot Smiglowca) YOU REALLY NEED TO START DOING SOMETHING ABOUT PEOPLE THAT HACK/CHEAT ON THE PS3 I’M THINKING OF SELLING MY PS3 AND GET A X-BOX 360 CUZ OF THEM SICK OF PLAYING WITH PEOPLE THAT HAVE TO CHEAT TO WIN THIS DOZ NOT HAPPEN ON THE X-BOX 360 WE HAVE THEM AT ARE FIRE STATION THAT I PLAY ON WHEN I’M THERE!!!!

+ zacpac3 on August 14th, 2011 at 6:19 am said:

ATT…… Playstation and Dan Amrich And all other’s that play Black Ops Xii_iNsaN3′s is a hacker / Cheater he use’s a aim bot and a lag switch Playstation and Dan you really need to do something about people like that!!!!!!!

+ TONY-Q on August 14th, 2011 at 7:10 am said:

@zacpac3

thats why i stopped playin multiplayer… so many effin cheaters playin that its not fun anymore!!! its rediculous. so now i only play zombies.

+ TONY-Q on August 14th, 2011 at 7:13 am said:

*ridiculous^

+ DocKinsMyLocKins on August 15th, 2011 at 2:02 am said:

Hi :) my first comment EVER on the PS Blog cool :D

+ oreoawj on August 19th, 2011 at 10:39 am said:

if xbox gets the map pack earlier, can we get the mappacks cheaper??????

+ TONY-Q on August 19th, 2011 at 2:35 pm said:

lol, that’d be nice dude. but i dont think its happinin… sonys not gonna pay activision jus for us to get it cheaper. microsoft bought all DLC for CoD *exclusive for 1 month* for xbox from activision.

+ forcerecontimmy on August 25th, 2011 at 7:53 pm said:

i love it the zombies are awesome but the NEW NEW DCL is awesome to the moon.

PAGE 1 8 9 10