PS4 - Destiny

Resistance 3 Public Beta Dates: Early Access Starts August 4th

James Stevenson's Avatar + Posted by James Stevenson on Jul 28, 2011 // Community Lead, Insomniac Games

Resistance 3 Public Beta for PS3

Many of you have been getting very excited about the chance to play Resistance 3′s competitive multiplayer modes online when the Resistance 3 Public Beta launches. Today, we’re happy to give some additional info about the launch dates for the beta.

For those of you who have received Early Access to the Public Beta via specially marked packages of SOCOM 4, we will be opening the beta to you at some point on Thursday, August 4th. Your existing codes will be able to be redeemed via the PlayStation Store and the Redeem Code button. PlayStation Plus subscribers in the U.S. will also be invited to join the beta beginning on August 23rd. If you’re a subscriber, all you’ll have to do is navigate to the PlayStation Plus section of the PlayStation Store to download the beta.

Resistance 3 Public Beta for PS3Resistance 3 Public Beta for PS3

The Resistance 3 Beta includes two of our major maps in the game, the Seaside of Glamorgan, Wales, as well as a Trainyard in Bogota, Colombia. The Public Beta includes two of our five multiplayer modes, Team Deathmatch and Chain Reaction (the other three are Deathmatch, Breach, and Capture the Flag). You can level your character up, buy and upgrade weapons and abilities, customize your loadouts and unlock new character skins. We have capped the level in the beta at 20, so you won’t be able to get the full range of abilities, modes, maps, and weapons until the game launches in September, but we hope you enjoy this taste of the experience while helping us test our online infrastructure.

The beta will continue beyond the Early Access period, and we’ll be announcing additional ways to get in as we get closer to Resistance 3′s launch date. Can’t wait for Early Access? Some of our media partners will be giving out codes next week that will let you join the beta a couple of days early. We’ll also be giving out some early codes on our Twitter and Facebook account, so follow or Like us!

That’s all for now! We look forward to playing against you in the Resistance 3 Multiplayer Beta next week.

111 Comments

+ gargolaboy on July 28th, 2011 at 11:44 am said:

So that means that everyone will get the beta? Not only the ps+ suscribers?

+ ALEXANDER-19729 on July 28th, 2011 at 11:45 am said:

i an not gona be able 2 play that much cuz my scholl begins on august 23

+ Heavenly_king on July 28th, 2011 at 11:50 am said:

I lost my Socom 4 voucher :(

+ BreavmanKnows on July 28th, 2011 at 11:58 am said:

Neat

+ Airwalkinman17 on July 28th, 2011 at 11:59 am said:

hell to the Yes!
I’m gonna download this beta next week and start kickin all sorts of ass. Can’t wait.
What I’m REALLY excited about though is being able to play the campaign in split screen. Its going to rock. That portion of the game is what i’m really excited for. Thanks for bringing that back Insomniac!!!!!
:D

+ DaShaka9 on July 28th, 2011 at 12:06 pm said:

PS+ Subscribers get access almost a MONTH LATE? Are you kidding me? That’s the last straw, I am definitely not resubscribing to PS+, which is bad timing because it expires in a month. Way to blow it Sony.

+ Butters360 on July 28th, 2011 at 12:08 pm said:

Good news. Loved the taste I got at Comic-Con. At least this time buyers get in early unlike what happened to Killzone 3 players.

+ LJ94 on July 28th, 2011 at 12:12 pm said:

So no normal members can’t get in? That sucks

+ Ratpatrol01 on July 28th, 2011 at 12:18 pm said:

@ reply’s Thanks for the high hopes of the VITA, @ Ethereal I was not complaining, I’m just hoping that the system can be a viable gaming console at least for 3 to 4 years from now. I’m getting it but I fell that in 1 year or so the cap of bench marking the system will peak due to some thing such as RAM.

+ Frejim on July 28th, 2011 at 12:35 pm said:

Europe get the early beta on Aug 10th.

from Insomniac twitter:

And for folks in Europe, Early Access to the Public Beta begins on August 10th for PS+ Subscribers: http://bit.ly/neck95

+ Digital-Big-Boss on July 28th, 2011 at 12:49 pm said:

The first comment was a good way to start the comments :p

+ digitalman123 on July 28th, 2011 at 12:59 pm said:

Yay more beta for Plus!

+ Arcadian_Rebel on July 28th, 2011 at 1:00 pm said:

Looking great! I am stoked to try out the beta soon! :)

+ korgon117 on July 28th, 2011 at 1:15 pm said:

Though I do need to ask, is the wraith still in R3? I really hope not as that gun was the only thing about R2 I didn’t like. Other than that, can’t wait!

+ poodude on July 28th, 2011 at 1:20 pm said:

I’m a Canadian and I plan to get PS Plus tomorrow, will I still be able to participate in the beta come August 23rd?

+ nwobhmrulz on July 28th, 2011 at 1:36 pm said:

so i wont be able to play this beta? since i dont have the marked socom 4 game or a ps + subscriber wow thats lame im really going to buy this game but i guess thats not enough to get a shot at the beta no the uncharted beta went open to all psn users why not this one that makes no sense and its not right im a huge fan but if im not emptying my pockets i wont be able to play this lame very lame…….

+ Lapwner on July 28th, 2011 at 1:51 pm said:

Doesn’t effect me, I already got the Beta :P

+ kingkranz on July 28th, 2011 at 1:54 pm said:

Freaking sweet! Can’t wait to play this beta. Got Resistance 3 on pre-order.

+ YungShep on July 28th, 2011 at 2:24 pm said:

ive played the multiplayer so far and part of the single player, both at playstation events. for those wondering about the multiplayer, its a more intimate setting then any other Resistance online games. 1st the # of players have been cropped all the way down to 8 vs 8. no 8 player co-op either : ( i was kinda bummed about that part. the gameplay is fast and feels fresh, the upgrades that i used so far was pretty epic, and there is waaay more character skins to choose from then ever before. i cannot wait to play the beta in my house this time so i can enjoy it that much more.

MY ONLY QUESTION Will the beta run in 3D?

+ ALEXANDER-19729 on July 28th, 2011 at 3:38 pm said:

SORRY it begins at 22 my scholl lol gramart fail

+ AnthonyWoods on July 28th, 2011 at 3:54 pm said:

tight i also entered to get a free year of plus i hope i win!!! im gonna start buying plus to put in money towards psn!!!! keep it up Sony!!!!

+ footballrule on July 28th, 2011 at 4:31 pm said:

Why does PS Plus get in so late?

+ KILLZONE79 on July 28th, 2011 at 4:39 pm said:

is the website updated properly for the new announce date of socom 4 resistance 3 beta, cause it showed like july 23rd 2011

+ LegacyofAngel on July 28th, 2011 at 4:54 pm said:

Im so excited Resistance 3, Ac Revelation, Mw3, and Battlefield 3 Getting em all :)

+ mcbuttz78 on July 28th, 2011 at 5:02 pm said:

Buy socom 4 get that beta folk.. thats 3wks of early excess to your fav game. R3/ wait arr oyou waiting go pick up your socom of socom 4.!!!!

mcbuttz78
vp psn legioniare group

+ mcbuttz78 on July 28th, 2011 at 5:06 pm said:

“copy of socom 4 today get 3 full week of r3 beta time. also socom 4 is having a 20K$ tournement , why not amke alittle onthe side. and play 3 wks of r3 beta. +My typo fixes from my last post .”

+ M1riflecarrier14 on July 28th, 2011 at 5:38 pm said:

Man im kinda disappointed i cant access the beta, i had ps plus but it expired, and i dont play socom.
I already preordered Resistance 3, and havin 2 pay $17.99 to play a beta is uncool.

+ DarkMithrionX on July 28th, 2011 at 7:01 pm said:

well… THAT’S LIKE THE MOST B******T I’VE EVER SEEN… soo every single fan who loves the whole resistance series but didnt get SOCOM 4 or have a plus membership gets f****d?? ohh great… thats super. i mean, sure why would i even want too play a MP beta that might take me to buy the game, right?? ¬¬ i will buy the game, but it would have been nice to get a taste of how the MP is.

+ DazeOfWar on July 28th, 2011 at 7:28 pm said:

Good thing I bought Socom. Can’t wait to try out the beta on R3.

+ psycho_boy81 on July 28th, 2011 at 7:44 pm said:

So I can get the demo if I buy a movie??? Thats dispicable playstation. When you make a demo just release it. Dont start getting money hungry your better than that!

+ twistedfloyd on July 28th, 2011 at 8:54 pm said:

Looking forward to it. Unfortunately, I don’t understand why PS+ owners can’t get in just as early as SOCOM 4 owners.

Still, looking forward to the beta, and R3 in general looks like it’s shaping up to be the best of the series.

+ Airwalkinman17 on July 28th, 2011 at 9:54 pm said:

This is just a tiny bit off topic. Sorry!!!
I REALLY want to play Global Resistance now, but I can’t because I don’t have a facebook account. I don’t do facebook and was wondering when we would be able to sign in with out PSN id instead. Let me know so that I can get on it ASAP. Thanks and keep up the good work SONY/Insomniac

+ WelmoscaBR on July 29th, 2011 at 12:03 am said:

what?no beta for who dont is PSPlus member? I mean no open beta ?

+ YawgmothGod on July 29th, 2011 at 12:21 am said:

We are near the launch of R3 and no official news about that “PSN PASS”??

Maybe that means u guys removed that crap…

+ mgsnull617 on July 29th, 2011 at 6:45 am said:

lol Plus users have 2 wait a month….No Love from sony

+ pooju5 on July 29th, 2011 at 11:19 am said:

minecraft! plz!

+ dragonleader33 on July 29th, 2011 at 11:55 am said:

Getting in two weeks early for being a plus member….while its already been going on for 20 days….yay?

+ M1riflecarrier14 on July 29th, 2011 at 1:18 pm said:

when im such a huge fan of ur games

+ M1riflecarrier14 on July 29th, 2011 at 1:23 pm said:

all im sayin is the beta should be public, everyone
on PSN should be able to access it. leading to more people playin it, and it just might increase sales when R3 launches

+ Alyyse on July 29th, 2011 at 2:50 pm said:

i just want to give a shout out to marlyt. also i’m looking forward to this beta

+ liketoski on July 29th, 2011 at 4:51 pm said:

Will your progress from the beta be saved when you purchase the game?

+ findaway on July 29th, 2011 at 6:36 pm said:

Can’t wait to play the beta, but I won’t deny it’s disappointing to hear that PS Plus subscribers get access to this almost 3 weeks later than they should. No love for us, I suppose.

+ YungShep on July 30th, 2011 at 7:52 am said:

best of both worlds, i bought socom 4 and got ps+. yall whine toooo much. its usually the other way around all the time, so now they switched it up…soooo what. go buy socom 4. its a great game

+ madmarsrocks on July 30th, 2011 at 9:51 am said:

Cool, should I get Resistance?

+ DARKCARNAGE69 on July 30th, 2011 at 6:14 pm said:

Hopefully this sums up the series really well. one of my favorite series. but when mw3 and battlefield come out no one will be playing this. but the beta for sure! cant wait!

+ reaper90876787 on July 31st, 2011 at 7:28 am said:

This game looks awesome!

+ CurseShooter on July 31st, 2011 at 2:36 pm said:

Luckily I have Socom 4′s Beta Code and I’m a Plus subscriber!

+ mustbehiggy on July 31st, 2011 at 3:41 pm said:

Waah Wahhaaa, whine whine I want in on the beta too it’s not fair! — oh wait. I subscribed to PS+ last year so I WILL get on the beta oh look at that it is fair to the people who were promised better things.

If you guys want to get all these fancy little exclusives/bonuses and discounts you know you can just buy PS+ it’s more than payed for itself in my opinion and it REALLY isn’t a lot of money I mean seriously, it’s cheaper than a new game and it lasts a year. And if you really are a hardcore user of the PSN or your ps3 in general you will see your investment come back to you in no time at all.

+ gargolaboy on July 31st, 2011 at 7:44 pm said:

This week my social life will have a stop because Im playing this no stop…

+ gargolaboy on August 1st, 2011 at 12:19 am said:

Actually I have to say this: Im way dissapointed now with this Beta… Uncharted beta was great and everyone enjoyed it. Now you tell me that the majority of the individuals who play PS3 that dont have a PS+ subscription cant play this… This is gonna be a great game no doubt but… 1st the PS pass they started to lose sales now they are losing more sales by not letting a lot of undecisive players (the ones thinking if they should really buy it) play this and clear their minds. I hate to say this but a bunch of my friends wont buy this game for this reasons… they are changing to games like: MW3 and B3 nooooooooooo Insomniac you dont want this… Public Beta not so much… And Im not trolling Im going to buy the game, but fanboys have to accept that they could have done better… and let everyone enjoy this beta.