PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

Qore August Episode – featuring Resistance 3, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Dead Island

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar + Posted by Kevin Furuichi on Aug 01, 2011 // Executive Producer, PlayStation Network

The season for big games has arrived and August’s Episode 39 set sights on mankind’s last stand, a prequel sequel in the future, and a tropical island…filled with (surprise!) zombies.

The lead feature is Insomniac’s Resistance 3. The Chimera have really made a mess of planet Earth, but with a co-op partner, and the return of the weapon wheel loaded with some pretty cool editions, there just might be some hope left for mankind. Veronica Belmont travels back to an alternative mid-century USA to meet up with one Joseph Caplelli to preview his daunting adventure.

If you’re into the Mod-scene, as in cybernetic body Mod-ifications in the future, then you’ll enjoy Eidos’ prequel sequel Deus Ex: Human Revolution. From Montreal, the Qore team dives into this immersive world of the future to preview the ‘mod’ upgrades, variety of styles of play, and discuss creative decisions made by game director, Jean-Francois Dugas.

While in Montreal, Veronica also checks out the local geek hangouts such as the Biosphere and Foonzo in another installment of ‘On the Road with Qore.’ But, that story can’t compare to the holiday experience on the Island of Banoi – the setting for Dead Island.

Zombies in paradise prevail in this survival game and Qore learns about the character choices, story, and dynamic changes that occur as you try to survive another zombie nightmare.

Resistance 3 theme: screen

And finally, annual Qore subscribers also receive an exclusive Resistance 3 theme as we begin to count down to the September 6th release date.

We hope you enjoy this month’s Qore.

34 Comments

+ Butters360 on August 1st, 2011 at 10:47 am said:

Looks to be an episode of Qore. More Audrey Cleo and Veronica Belmont help too ;)

+ ein_nineteenth on August 1st, 2011 at 10:51 am said:

Hopefully, this will explain more about Dead Island than other sources.

+ Emerald_Swords on August 1st, 2011 at 11:02 am said:

Cannot wait for Dead Island and R3 XD!!!

+ Mobius2525 on August 1st, 2011 at 11:11 am said:

…….

+ Carl-G on August 1st, 2011 at 11:16 am said:

My god Veronica Belmont is CUTE! :P

+ ENRICHOVEGA on August 1st, 2011 at 11:17 am said:

Looking better & better every time I see it!

*speaks of R3 & Veronica Belmont*

+ JimmyChaos on August 1st, 2011 at 11:17 am said:

Nice helmet…. lol

+ dushku on August 1st, 2011 at 11:21 am said:

What name of the song playing on the begining of the video?

+ RE_Player on August 1st, 2011 at 11:44 am said:

Love me some Qore and Veronica Belmont. Can’t wait to see the Resistance 3 coverage.

+ nirojan45 on August 1st, 2011 at 11:45 am said:

Wow you guys are really pushes R3 huh? It’s been on like 3 Qore episodes already and not to mention the dozen of other Game media it’s been showcased on!

+ devilmosh on August 1st, 2011 at 11:46 am said:

Looking forward to this!

+ Xaveri28 on August 1st, 2011 at 11:50 am said:

I’m really digging the new format that Qore has. Looks cooler, slicker and easier to navigate.

+ Kirkpad on August 1st, 2011 at 11:58 am said:

Well the first gameplay (and multiplayer) of R3 looked REALLY boring. I don’t care how cool the guns are, an ash filled environment is just not interesting to me. Maybe the new stuff in Qore can swing me over.

Same thing with Dead Island… looks like a botched L4D riding on the heels of a popular CGI trailer.

I can’t wait to see the Deus Ex preview, I guess I’ll find out tomorrow.

+ Berae on August 1st, 2011 at 1:04 pm said:

Me too Im getting all these games. and I want to see what she has to say about montreal.

+ ez_____ez_____ez on August 1st, 2011 at 2:11 pm said:

Dead Island FTW

+ Detective-E on August 1st, 2011 at 2:44 pm said:

Why are on the roads featured? I don’t want to watch other people have company paid fun. I just want the games.

+ Heavenly_king on August 1st, 2011 at 2:56 pm said:

Veronica looks prettier at the beginning with her new look :D

+ kills-for-fun666 on August 1st, 2011 at 4:28 pm said:

cant wait to buy this one

+ MadMeat001 on August 1st, 2011 at 4:39 pm said:

Are you kidding me? I live in Montreal and what you just showed are plain terrible!

+ kills-for-fun666 on August 1st, 2011 at 4:43 pm said:

dude if u just goin to bang ps just go get an xbox and leave the rest of us loyal customers alone

+ D-Squad3 on August 1st, 2011 at 4:48 pm said:

YES I love Qore! It’s different from other media and allows people to see different locations on their couch. Please don’t stop making them anytime soon.

+ PanTheMan16 on August 1st, 2011 at 5:30 pm said:

Three games I’m actually planning to buy. Score!

+ Scarface3010 on August 1st, 2011 at 5:50 pm said:

This is not related to this article but has anyone noticed that when the blog main page loads for the first time a PS Vita image appears briefly before the image for Resistance… does? Maybe they are trying to use methods to make us want it more. Just a thought. I’ve wanted it since it was announced.

+ V4NT0MZ on August 1st, 2011 at 6:40 pm said:

lol, don’t you mean, ‘additions’?

+ Autoxfool on August 1st, 2011 at 6:59 pm said:

While some may love Qore, I’ve yet* to download an episode that was actually relevant to what I wanted to see.

*aside from the part about Journey*

+ Heavenly_king on August 1st, 2011 at 9:11 pm said:

Come on SONY you need to begin to make ads for RESISTANCE 3 and TWISTED METAL!!! Those game are getting buried under a big pile of AAA games launching around the same time. The games are great, but you have to promote them like crazy!!! Don´t lettwisted metal franchise die in its PS3 debut.

Also, if Resistance franchise is to go away, at least it must go away with a BANG!!! By how things are going this game can be best Resistance game but also the one with less sales.

Come on SONY…Step your game up!!! PROMOTE YOUR GAMES!!!

+ PNOBOY954 on August 2nd, 2011 at 1:38 am said:

when does the beta start

+ mgsnull617 on August 2nd, 2011 at 6:40 am said:

weapon wheels suck…there i said it

+ SEAL_TEAM_7p on August 2nd, 2011 at 9:02 am said:

I really hope there is move suport for the sweet melee weapons. I just think it would be fun to take apart all of the non vital parts off a zombie before killing it. Can’t wait to play it.

+ WelmoscaBR on August 2nd, 2011 at 12:24 pm said:

@dushku I want to know the name of that song too.

Also Can’t wait for Resistance 3…I dont like capelli but the game its gonna be awesome.

+ Train1999 on August 2nd, 2011 at 3:47 pm said:

The preview looks great. I’m looking forward to this download of Qore. Qore Rulez!!!

+ nutellapr on August 2nd, 2011 at 8:02 pm said:

La Banquise!!! My favourite when I’m in Montreal. Open 24 hours too. Galvaude (Turkey and Peas) is my go to dish.

+ zenparadox1 on August 2nd, 2011 at 10:20 pm said:

I would love to pay $2.99 to download this issue. Too bad you seem to really be desperate for Playstation Plus subscriptions and hold this issue “ransom” and only have it available for PLUS subscribers. I guess my money isn’t good enough unless I joined.

+ memberop on August 8th, 2011 at 2:30 pm said:

Thanks for the theme. Not an annual subscriber, but still able to download it.

Muahahahaha…..although I thought the theme was suppose to look like the above (Capelli shooting that giant),
but instead it’s shows a chimera looking like it’s going to shoot the side of the TV.