PS4-Watch_Dogs

Coming to PlayStation Plus: Comix Zone Free and Early

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Aug 03, 2011 // Director, PlayStation Store

Welcome to the latest view on upcoming releases for PlayStation Plus! Hopefully you’ve enjoyed your access to this month’s free PSN game Crash Commando that dropped this week on August 2nd. And with the August 9th Store Update, we’re not only bringing you free DLC for Crash Commando but also the SEGA Genesis Collection classic, Comix Zone, free and early for Plus!

Have a look at what’s coming and as always, drop us your feedback in the comments. Enjoy!

PlayStation Plus August 9th

Here is the content list for August 9th and August 16th:

Free PSN: Comix Zone, Aug 9
Free DLC: Crash Commando Add-On Bundle, Aug 9
Full Game Trial: Far Cry 2, Aug 9
Exclusive Avatar Bundle: Breath of Fire IV PSN Avatar Bundle, $0.99, Aug 16

Last Chance Items – Coming Down Soon

Free PSN: Golden Axe, Ends Aug 9
Free Exclusive Themes: Junebug Static, Ends Aug 9
Summertime, Ends Aug 9
Fast Draw Showdown Dynamic Theme, Ends Aug 16
PlayStation Plus Anniversary, Ends Aug 9
Free minis: Guerrilla War, Ends Aug 16
Exclusive Discounts: MotorStorm Apocalypse – Revelation Vehicle Pack Bundle, Ends Aug 9
Amazing Earth: Volcano Dynamic Theme, Ends Aug 16
Apache Gunship Dynamic Theme, Ends Aug 16
Destination: Japanese Temple Dynamic Theme, Ends Aug 16
Divine Light Dynamic Theme, Ends Aug 16

+ TomHoang on August 3rd, 2011 at 6:48 pm said:

@W-8oRd3rPaTr0l-J

We did not get screwed out of a month, they extended our subscriptions by two months.

+ TomHoang on August 3rd, 2011 at 6:51 pm said:

Also, I’m still waiting Revenge of Shinobi. I don’t care if it is the altered version that the Virtual Console has, I just want this game on my PS3. Come on Sega!

+ ffkevin2 on August 3rd, 2011 at 6:54 pm said:

Yay

+ ROOFY28 on August 3rd, 2011 at 6:57 pm said:

when are we getting pain free, that’s the one i want for free.

+ DZORMAGEN on August 3rd, 2011 at 7:34 pm said:

A new Plus Perk should be, we get our questioned answered on the blog now….

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on August 7th, 2011 at 6:23 pm said:

Will always do what I can to answer any questions that I can address. Come to the Plus forums on the PS Community as well if you want to share your thoughts on there as well. us dot playstation dot com and head to the Community page under the PlayStation Network tab.

+ iTofuMan on August 3rd, 2011 at 7:49 pm said:

Nothing interesting for me at least what i can tell, and if i have to say i am getting ticked off by these taunting avatar. seriously why both releasing these if you guys arent even going to release the game? we have MegaMan Legends (which we have not seen in any format on the psn whether it be the ps1 classic or psp port), Rival School (seriously one of the greatest fighting games i have ever played its a shame capcom doesnt take advantage of it, but seeing how dumb they been lately its really pathetic), and now Breath Of Fire. seriously you dont even need to translate the game since Europe had it released ages ago, so whats the hold up on the game?

If people are asking for a game, and people are willing to buy it why keep it from people? I know Sony doesnt hold each of those games 100%, but i would think they have some say in if a game gets released or not. All im saying is that Sony should really get a hold of some of these devs to get some games out (for both ps3 and psp)

+ jimmyfoxhound on August 3rd, 2011 at 8:21 pm said:

that game belongs in an ancient history museum.. we need something made this century! ;)

+ S0UL_EATER_X on August 3rd, 2011 at 8:26 pm said:

Man I would be loving all the free sega genesis titles coming my way if I didn’t already own the sega genesis collection lol

+ wanderer55 on August 3rd, 2011 at 8:30 pm said:

Oh nice about the Crash Commando DLC. Enjoying CC now. Thanks for putting it up on PSN+.

+ Voidance on August 3rd, 2011 at 8:34 pm said:

I’m really enjoying all the Genesis games that Plus members get as part of our subscription. It takes me back to my youth when I practically lived on that console. So, if I’m saying anything at all, thanks for the nostalgia, Sony.

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on August 7th, 2011 at 6:26 pm said:

Tons of memories on the Genesis. The console that turned me to RPGS with the Phantasy Star series.

+ mr_chun on August 3rd, 2011 at 8:38 pm said:

Posting to see my +!

Nice to see we get the DLC with our freebie this month. Make that happen more often! And I can’t wait to nab Comix Zone. One of my favorite Genesis games. I’m moderately pleased with this month’s offerings. :D

+ bharken on August 3rd, 2011 at 8:57 pm said:

Hoping for better games for Plus subscribers. :)

+ Red__5 on August 3rd, 2011 at 9:18 pm said:

I’m loving Crash Comando and now we get free DLC? freakin’ sweet! Also looking forward to Comix Zone.

I decided to subscribe to PS+ after my free month ended (welcome back package) and I got say, that decision keeps looking better and better after each week passes. I only regret not having it done sooner.

Thanks for all the great content!

+ Emerald_Swords on August 3rd, 2011 at 10:41 pm said:

Nice!!

+ Jin_Kusanagi on August 3rd, 2011 at 10:58 pm said:

Hmm…BoFIV avatars? I hope they bring the game as well soon

+ that-acmilan-guy on August 3rd, 2011 at 11:14 pm said:

Can we please get some new games instead of retro games for free for a change? Also the discount aspect of plus is the most disappointing. There should be more range of discounts and should last considerably longer and permanent for some selection.

+ zzamaro on August 3rd, 2011 at 11:28 pm said:

The free add-one is good, I think it should be like that, the free games plus free add-ons for that free game.

+ kogoro_new on August 4th, 2011 at 12:03 am said:

Thanks for the update :D

+ BoobooJones on August 4th, 2011 at 12:47 am said:

When will we get the Cloud and Sephiroth avatars that EU has?

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on August 7th, 2011 at 6:27 pm said:

Sorry, don’t have any info on that one. Feedback noted though!

+ ChaosStorm57 on August 4th, 2011 at 1:10 am said:

add me as a friend if you play bad company 2

+ rajendra82 on August 4th, 2011 at 1:45 am said:

I love the icons but its a little distracting from the comments lol

+ nyc_haze on August 4th, 2011 at 2:26 am said:

comix zone is awesome, just wish there was and hd version of it. btw where is dungeon defenders?

+ theXsilentXchild on August 4th, 2011 at 4:51 am said:

WHEN THE HECK ARE WE GONNA GET SOME FREE AVATARS?!?!?!?! Next week needs to come with some more sales as well. THQ and 2K were great but isn’t it still summer? Can we get another sale? Can we get The Homestar Runner Cool Games For Attractive People On Sale Like The Euros did? These are my demands! Also who farted?

+ SparkMe420 on August 4th, 2011 at 5:39 am said:

Can’t wait for Breath of Fire IV, any chance FFXI will ever have an install on the playstation store? We need an MMORPG, would enjoy playing XI before XIV is released.

+ Ewkano89 on August 4th, 2011 at 6:29 am said:

Nice! I hope more better games come to PSN +

+ ZalAamir on August 4th, 2011 at 7:12 am said:

Never got the chance to play Comix Zone before,so this is awesome news x)

+ JonJonXD on August 4th, 2011 at 7:15 am said:

Awesome. I can’t wait.

One thing, you guys should add the Crash Commando Demo to the PS+ section of the store as well, or incorporate that as an auto-download when you download Crash Commando. It seemed to have confused a lot of PS+ members.

Also, loving how you guys incorporated the “plus” next to those of us who are PS+ members on here.

+ GT-420 on August 4th, 2011 at 7:36 am said:

Fantastic to get DLC for a game you also got with Plus. My favorite Plus free games so far have been Crash Commando, Shatter, Zen Pinball. Can we get the ZP DLC too? I won’t mind if you repeat the game as a freebie so that more can enjoy.

+ zombie9 on August 4th, 2011 at 7:43 am said:

Resistance 3 BETA today has any one got there code to work? Man can’t wait to get out of work

+ rajeevgupta on August 4th, 2011 at 9:13 am said:

test

+ DBZTRUNKS on August 4th, 2011 at 10:53 am said:

awesome :)

+ acdcfab on August 4th, 2011 at 11:03 am said:

Im happy about the crash commando add on! But id really like to see twisted metal on ps1 free for plus!

+ libanhirsi on August 4th, 2011 at 11:39 am said:

on psp u can get comix zone from sega mega drive

+ amour_175 on August 4th, 2011 at 12:25 pm said:

very nice

+ ITALYA666-RUSIA6 on August 4th, 2011 at 1:05 pm said:

hey avatar di FIFA

+ Mike10Dude on August 4th, 2011 at 3:32 pm said:

there really needs to be a way to automatically back up all your saves
instead of doing every game individually

+ percast2 on August 4th, 2011 at 4:08 pm said:

Thank you Sony for the Plus sign on our avatar. =)

Loving PS Plus moar and moar ;)

+ Detective-E on August 4th, 2011 at 5:31 pm said:

DID YOU SAY ALTERED BEAST?

I love this program!

+ SoYoung on August 4th, 2011 at 6:00 pm said:

Sony is not fair with they beta access. I bought Infamous 2 and I had ZERO advantage for the uncharted beta because PS+ have it also.

Now I dont have Soccom 4 and you dont give it early for ps+ members as well. Frustating.

+ jcalvert on August 4th, 2011 at 6:16 pm said:

I would like to see some free avatars … I mean they cannot cost that much to flip us a few freebies here and there …

+ xxnike629xx on August 4th, 2011 at 6:52 pm said:

No thank you.

I’m perfectly fine with my free, basic PSN account. I’m fine with buying PSN card codes off of Amazon and waiting for some sales for DLC’s & games.

=P

I don’t need avatars or dynamic themes. What I need are games, DLC, PSone Classics, PSN games…

>_<

Mega Man Legends 2
Misadventures of Tron Bonne
NeoGeo Battle Coliseum
Parasite Eve II
SVC Chaos: SNK Vs. Capcom
Street Fighter Alpha 3 HD

Please get those games up on the US PSN!!

+ WastelandDan on August 4th, 2011 at 9:42 pm said:

I remember ComicZone! That will be good fun.

+ Pootin182 on August 5th, 2011 at 11:56 am said:

Am I the only one who owns the “Sonic’s Ultimate Genesis Collection” game and is utterly disappointed when week after week, Sony releases these games individually? “Sonic’s Ultimate Genesis Collection” contained 48 Genesis games and I only paid $20 for it. So so sad that these PSN games are considered a perk to subscribers.

+ Autoxfool on August 5th, 2011 at 12:45 pm said:

I’m with you Pootin. Heck, I owned that disc and traded it back it because I hated it. Couldn’t even bare it to get a few more trophies. Just laughing at the people who actually buy them on PSN for $5 a pop, when they could own all 48 for less than $20. I certainly won’t be downloading anymore of the Sega ones. I want my HD space for real PS3 gaming experience, not nostalgia.

Would love to see a “free” (free rental of game with subscription is exactly what it is…NOT a free game) game that was made sometime this year, not 3 years old.

+ Autoxfool on August 5th, 2011 at 12:59 pm said:

Avatar (partial) list that should exist on PSN (and/or themes for that matter, if they dont already):

Bioshock
Borderlands
Battlefield series
Costume Quest
.. Dirt, Burnout, etc etc
Dead Space
Dungeon Alliance
Rockband
Risk
NFL
THE REST OF THE MLB ONES. Near playoffs now, but take your time.

+ sonicwc on August 6th, 2011 at 5:52 pm said:

Good!!!

+ BOBONATOR2 on August 7th, 2011 at 10:21 am said:

Back awhile ago, (January, maybe,) PS+ got all the Sam & Max games available on the Playstation Store 100% FREE. That’s what made me subscribe, and I haven’t bothered since then because there has been nothing I wanted. C’mon Sony. Give us something like that again. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

+ jpope1998 on August 7th, 2011 at 6:21 pm said:

Comix zone will be great can’t wait to get it.

+ MR_MK on August 8th, 2011 at 1:37 pm said:

COOL!!!

+ Belcaw on August 8th, 2011 at 2:20 pm said:

I can’t wait until Altered Beast comes out. I want to play it with my 8yo son and tell him how great these graphics were back in the day. I wonder if all the slow-down and flicker from the Genesis version will be in there; or if the emulation is enhanced enough to keep that from happening.