Final Fantasy XV

Aug 04

Aug 04

‘The Tester’ Casting Call for Season 3 is Now Open!

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar Posted by Executive Producer, PlayStation Network

We’re very excited to announce that PlayStation Network’s exclusive hit reality series “The Tester” will return for a third season and the online casting call begins today! This is your chance to get on the show!

Tester3_bloghome

We are holding an online casting call and competition inviting gamers from across the country to submit a profile for a chance to become a member of the 12-person cast of “The Tester 3.” While the producers will be looking at every profile, remember that one lucky gamer is voted onto the cast by you! And, last year, you guys voted Mickey Paradis (aka “8bitmickey”) onto the show.

We’re not only looking for competitive, seasoned gamers, but we also want to see your personality and passion. Here’s a look at some past video submissions from folks you might recognize.

“The Tester – Season 3” promises to be bigger and bolder than last season. For starters, the winner of the third season gets a production job at our world-famous Santa Monica Studios, home of the God of War franchise, working on an undisclosed PlayStation 3 exclusive title.

We’ll be providing more information in the coming months about Season 3, but for now go to our casting site and create a profile that includes a photo and video about yourself.

The deadline for “The Tester 3” cast submissions is September 16, but don’t wait to enter; community voting starts on Wednesday, August 24. You won’t want to miss the chance to start acquiring votes!

Season 2 of “The Tester,” produced by 51 Minds Entertainment, premiered exclusively on the PlayStation Network on November 2, 2010. To catch up on the intense competition of the first two seasons of “The Tester,” visit the PlayStation Store for free downloads of all episodes in both high-definition (HD) and standard definition (SD) formats, or visit www.thetester.com.

So, create a profile, upload a video, and get your friends involved. We’ll all be watching!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

marlyt said:

August 4th, 2:00 pm

Good luck to all who enter. What a great opportunity!!! I wish I was young and smart…or good looking…or rich…or smart…

mappyman said:

August 4th, 2:10 pm

Had a blast competing to be in Season 2, and you better believe I’m going to give it my all for season 3. This year’s gonna have Vita and a ton of new games by filming date so theres going to be amazing new releases just in time for the show.

Season 3; here I come!!

durb98 said:

August 4th, 2:17 pm

I have not seen the 1st and 2nd seasons but i will try to watch the 3rd season it will also be 10 times better if im in it

angelspawn77 said:

August 4th, 2:27 pm

“Working on an undisclosed game” for Santa Monica!? Wow, wonder what it is! Wonder if its GOW4 or something completely new :O

Ragnaroknight said:

August 4th, 2:28 pm

Why do you have to be 21 years old?

steepo27 said:

August 4th, 2:35 pm

Totally psyched about this! I’ve been wondering if there was going to be a season 3 of this show; thanks playstation for making such a great show and keeping me so entertained!

Badmamajamma said:

August 4th, 2:45 pm

I had an issue going to the casting site, my pc told me it wasn’t safe to visit. It says it could not be verified and some other site was coming up instead. An answer would be nice.

ManaKnight said:

August 4th, 2:45 pm

I’m already created a profile for the show. Definitely hope I get on.

GAM3R_16 said:

August 4th, 2:52 pm

Can’t wait! Is season 3 still free to watch though?

robdawg1001 said:

August 4th, 2:53 pm

i am trying out please become a fan and vote for me your support would be much appreciated!

Trieloth said:

August 4th, 2:59 pm

I loved the first two seasons and cant wait to watch the third one. Wish I could get on the show but dont have a PC at home to make the video and all that fun stuff.

SalMoriarty said:

August 4th, 3:39 pm

Is this the one where the people have to sing for the guy from Gnarls Barkley?

Massive_13 said:

August 4th, 3:58 pm

I might sign up this year… I just need to get my hands on a camera…

JLP_M said:

August 4th, 4:22 pm

I love the show! Alot of the people that trash the show have never seen it I bet. @LovesJapanManga Whats the point of posting a comment putting down the show? Obvioiusly you were interested enough to click the link to this page and possibly read about it.

Fusion13 said:

August 4th, 4:25 pm

OH YEAH Me and my bro watched these together, they are great fun. Hopefully when i’m 21 in (2 years) i’ll be selected to be on the show because I will be trying out. Hopefully you guys will still be doing the show then.

djRIPz said:

August 4th, 4:38 pm

+ Kevin Furuichi on August 4th, 2011 at 11:36 am said:

So you’re just ignoring and be arrogance of what was asked. You’re saying she/he gotta be living in the States to participate and not having a green card.

So you guys don’t like Canadians. LOL

Wow, maybe you shouldn’t promote this if its Only in USA contest.

Green-Elf said:

August 4th, 5:01 pm

I’d love to apply but I doubt my wife would like to uproot everyone to move to California.

I can’t wait for the new season.

spiderboy59 said:

August 4th, 5:19 pm

nice the house for season 3 should be on playstation home, like how you had e3 on ps home

lisatsunami said:

August 4th, 5:23 pm

Mods: you need to remove the gamer tag of season 2’s winner from the list of words that trigger “awaiting moderation”‘ geesh. There’s nothing wrong with his proud gamer tag.!

Detective-E said:

August 4th, 5:26 pm

Hopefully this show is still on in 5 years after I get an engineer degree.. Too young now.

jdoub5678 said:

August 4th, 6:04 pm

Playstation plz plz plz plz plz plz plz bring the tester to canada i would love to work at playstation but i live in canda :(

Mattsta001 said:

August 4th, 6:45 pm

Think this show is a bit of waste of time but would like to see Sony get a core group of regular gamers on board to provide feedback on games during their development. I mean early in development, things like storyline, mechanics, planned changes to a series etc.

There have been quite a few disappointments from Sony’s 1st party studios of late, GT5, Socom 4, Killzone 3 and Motorstorm: Apocalypse have all fared worse critically than their predecessors and turned people off . Studios like Polyphony Digital and Guerilla seem completely out of touch. Had there been some feedback during development maybe they would have turned out awesome 90+ games and not turkeys.

nunosantos97 said:

August 4th, 7:24 pm

I loved the last two seasons, i think the judges did a great work and I am looking foward to the next season.
I think that beeing a game tester is a dream job!
Keep up the good work!

leukoplast said:

August 4th, 8:11 pm

Lets just hope season 3 isn’t full of actors and as fixed/fake as season 2 was. Season 2 was simply a joke, plus lets face facts here.. the winner of S2 only won because of his “status”.

Taking all bets, taking all bets! The winner of S3 will be a female!!… gee I wonder how I know that? 100% guaranteed people, S3’s winner will be without ANY doubt, a female.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying that is a bad thing, but it will prove how fixed the show is. There has been two male winners so far, and since the show is fixed they will have a female win this year because they want to be “politically correct” and “fair”. Just watch, it WILL happen.

TheTwelve said:

August 4th, 9:03 pm

Man, I should try getting on this show…

lisatsunami said:

August 4th, 9:13 pm

@75, leukoplast, I don’t agree. Well, I agree that season 2 had problems, but I blame whoever picked those loser/wierdo/no talents. The filters have blocked my first post, so will rewrite it later, maybe, but the winner, whom I can’t name because the filters stop any post that has the Gee A Why letters for moderation, did not win because of his “status” unless you mean his status was to play fair @ win by beating the 2 conspirators. Did you watch? He won outright by being the first one to beat the Killzone 3 demo.

And did it occur to you a female could win on merit, not because of her “status”?
That’s a rhetorical question. We already know how you think, 100% guaranteed.

Cyber_Goth_Night said:

August 4th, 9:35 pm

awesome and i heard ps3 maintenance is tomorrow for 6 hrs -.-

WastelandDan said:

August 4th, 9:46 pm

This show is just as well done as anything I have ever seen on TV. If not better…

Band2eto said:

August 4th, 11:24 pm

Dear Playstation:

Please make Meredith Molinori the hostess again (excuse my spelling)!

Also, ignore haters. God, we need IP banning here to get rid of all the Xbox trolls.

Dessron said:

August 4th, 11:44 pm

”You don’t need US citizenship to take part. You need to be a legal resident of the United States…and be 21 years old as of September 1, 2011”

So, you’re basicly saying that all we need is a valid US address and anyone can apply???

Quickman_X said:

August 5th, 6:35 am

Certainly looking forward to watching Season 3, as I really enjoyed the first 2 seasons and there isn’t any other show out there quite like this. For those skeptical or bashing before watching, check out a few episodes, it’s actually fun.

However, I do echo the comments about it being unfortunate that non-US residents (i.e. Canadians) cannot apply.

Good luck to all those who enter! Have fun!

Darklurkr23 said:

August 5th, 8:29 am

Yea I”m getting a “Unsecure Link” page from Firefox. I’ll click on it, but I’m sending you guys the bill if something happends :D

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar

Kevin Furuichi said:

August 5th, 2:32 pm

The site is legit. The erroneous error message should no longer be appearing.

BOSTONJOHN32 said:

August 5th, 9:03 am

lets just say that i hope that a cast of talented gamers get a chance to compete, you know gamers who live and die for new release’s , play games like its a job to begin with and have a gaming knowledge test before even being consider.. because to me “well she is cute but doesnt know what an m-com station is and thinks a mage is a spice but she does know who mario is so lets take her over the kid with the beer goggles and pocket protector, who can tell you every level of sensitivity the dual shock should be set on for every game for total accuracy and response time and then dominate, because he doesnt have that “face” and we already have our pick for the geeky one yada yada” well im old school and i would wear a pocket protector if it came w/ a dlc,lol.. because i live and breathe games, pick a few of them this year.. you guys got one right last year.. lets have a winner be just that and become maybe a perm at s.m hq rather than just doing a tour.. i hope the season does well and i hope the winner prospers, i will not watch only because im too busy playing playstation.. good luck everyone

PhadedWun said:

August 5th, 4:08 pm

I could so be an awesome cast member…

If I wasn’t Canadian.

ZalAamir said:

August 6th, 11:35 am

Hope there’s another big fazeek type character ;P

predalien64 said:

August 6th, 2:50 pm

I myself could not sit through one EP (hate reality TV) but good luck to those who wish to compeat.

CarloOrtiz said:

August 6th, 5:46 pm

When will it start??

big_e559 said:

August 6th, 9:59 pm

you have to be 21? that sucks I’m gonna be 20 in September! Grrrr!

Sephorai said:

August 7th, 10:57 am

I totally want to try for this but im 17 “/ i was hoping that the minimum age of entry would be 18 so i could join in maybe next season but 21? D; they’ll stop doing this show by the time i get onld enough to even try to participate :(

KC_COOL said:

August 7th, 3:58 pm

hello dear gamers I just summit my video casting for The Tester season 3 and I’m looking for some support so I’d appreciate if u guys vote for me. AKA………….KC_COOL d(>_<)b

dmoney251 said:

August 8th, 2:22 pm

Dang. I gotta wait another whole year to try to get on that show, and I had my hopes up ever since the end of Season 2. I could’ve really creamed those guys from then. Oh well, next year it is, then.

AizawaYuuichi said:

August 9th, 12:30 am

Also…
Can’t wait for season 3. I pretty much never watch the first season of a show until the second season has started, so I know that it’s good enough to be continued. Same thing I did here. But season 2 was almost finished by the time I started downloading the S1 episodes, and I ended up watching both seasons in about a week each. Great stuff. I liked the longer episodes with more time spent with the contestants in S2, but it would have been a lot better if Big Fazeek hadn’t turned out to be such a jack@$$, or been paid to act like one. Though it was sweet justice when he finally got kicked off, let’s try not to have a repeat of that in S3.

SPYDACRAT said:

August 9th, 11:40 pm

I keep getting an error when i click the “submit a profile” link

Ztnepres said:

August 10th, 2:49 pm

When does this season actually take place? I still go to college so I am just wondering. Would it happen to be during the winter break?

Jaynich said:

August 20th, 4:59 pm

Just watched BOTH seasons last night marathon style lol. Decided to participate and post an entry. Unfortunately, logging in after creating my account on thetester.com is nearly impossible. -.- Would love to be able to post a video sometime today.

Vote for me! Username is Jaynich!

Jaynich said:

August 20th, 5:01 pm

Never been so addicted to a show in my life, I was getting excited just watching it lol.

Im rarely excited these days, so great job on a great show!

RavenSPe said:

August 25th, 6:43 pm

I don’t like reality shows but I really enjoyed the previous seasons so I’ll definitely be looking forward to this one. I guess it’s the subject matter that catches my interest :)

PAGE 1 2