No Man's Sky

MLB The Show Challenge of the Week

Ramone Russell's Avatar + Posted by Ramone Russell on Aug 08, 2011 // Community Manager, SCEA San Diego Studios

MLB 11 The Show: Challenge of the Week #7
Challenge of the Week #23 celebrates the race in the AL Central that’s been heating up. Newly acquired Indians starter goes up against the Tigers slugging 1st baseman and triple-crown threat.

Climb the leaderboard and get as many hits as you can to win a $250 MLB.com gift card.

Week #19 begins on Monday August 8th at 5:30am PDT and ends Monday August 15th at 4:30am PDT.

slide_cow23
To play, simply select the Challenge of the Week option in the main menu.

This week continues the July monthly prize period – $2000, cold hard cash. Every 4 weeks a monthly prize will be awarded to the player with the most Challenge of the Week points. Weekly scores will also be added from May 30th until September 18th 4:30am PST for a chance to win Grand Prize #2, a Trip for two to a 2011 World Series Game!

Each user can only win each type of prize ONCE. Complete Leaderboards for Weekly, Monthly and Grand Prizing, along with the official rules can be found at the home of MLB The Show at www.TheShowNation.com.

Stay tuned to the comments section of the weekly Challenge of the Week blog, as we will be giving away some free voucher codes for Challenge of the Week!

9 Comments   1 Reply

+ ez_____ez_____ez on August 8th, 2011 at 10:27 am said:

Hey Ramone, I went and bought The Show this weekend. I love baseball but have never been a big sports game fan. This game rocks! I’m still getting the hang of batting.

Any date on the last set of avatars?

+ lisatsunami on August 8th, 2011 at 1:26 pm said:

So sad. Every Monday, only a baby-sized handful of comments for this game.

+ ez_____ez_____ez on August 8th, 2011 at 2:13 pm said:

It’s probably because everyone is busy playing it

+ lisatsunami on August 8th, 2011 at 2:58 pm said:

@3, I hope that’s it.

+ BOSTONJOHN32 on August 9th, 2011 at 5:09 am said:

@lisatsunami prob just because w/ sports games (especially w alot of games on the horizon) topics arent as plentiful, even though the game does have weekly challenges , updated rosters and tweaks here and there, i guess thats not enough to bring people together and blog. but this being the only baseball game to really speak of because it is far superior to the other franchise in my opinion and the fact that it is prob the best mlb game ever and i hope people didnt balk at this one thinking it was the same as last year. not the case.

+ jqtaxpayer on August 9th, 2011 at 8:55 am said:

I’ve been thinking about picking up a copy of The Show for PSP, but don’t really use the PSP enough to justify paying $30+ on a baseball game. I figured I’d save some money by getting an older version of The Show, but they’re the same price on PS Store. Meanwhile, if I didn’t buy a PSP Go, I’d be able to pick up MLB 09 — which, as you know, is the same exact game you’ve released this year and last year — for $5 on UMD. This is absolutely outrageous, and is the primary reason why I will NEVER buy a download-only console or handheld ever again. It’s also a contributing factor as to why MLB 09 The Show is the last The Show game I’ll buy.

This industry is getting so disgustingly greedy — $60 retail discs, on-disc “DLC”, PS Pass — I think it’s about time I found a new hobby.

+ ez_____ez_____ez on August 9th, 2011 at 10:28 am said:

Ramone, you need to somehow code-in Brian Wilson’s beard to grow longer as the season goes on. Just a thought.

+ acdcfab on August 9th, 2011 at 11:47 am said:

Will there every be NHL avatars on the Playstation Network?

+ Ghost21198 on August 10th, 2011 at 9:43 pm said:

so wait i have no idea what these contest are? Can someone explain it to me?