Far Cry 4

Assassin’s Creed Revelation Beta Opens to PlayStation Plus September 3rd

Gabriel Graziani's Avatar + Posted by Gabriel Graziani on Aug 10, 2011 // Community Developer, Ubisoft

Hey there PlayStation Assassins! Aren’t you LUCKY?! We have just announced that PlayStation Plus members get access to the Assassin’s Creed Revelations BETA on September 3rd! No, seriously, this is happening! Here is a quick glimpse of some of the things you can expect to experience in the ACR Beta (a much, much more detailed list that will be available on a special website we’re creating just for the Beta, but in the meantime, you can learn more in our forums.

Characters

Nine characters are available in the Beta which are all unlocked for your use at the outset. Though they share the same overall behavior, their animations differ and their ability sets are customizable. Available Characters include: The Sentinel, The Vanguard, The Guardian, The Vizier, The Thespian, The Deacon, The Bombardier, The Trickster and The Champion.

Assassin’s Creed Revelation Beta for PS3

Maps

Three maps are available in the Beta and are all unlocked from the outset. Be sure to pay attention to their layouts in-game as these maps have been tuned to allow more strategy than those in Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood (it’s easier to break line-of-sight, for example).

· Knight’s Hospital

· Antioch

· Constantinople

Modes

Four modes are available in the Beta and are all unlocked from the outset. Two of these modes are returning favorites from Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood, while the other two are brand new modes designed in response to player feedback. Available Modes include: Wanted, Manhunt, Deathmatch (NEW), and Artifact Assault (NEW).

Abilities

Eight Abilities are available in the Beta, but only some are available initially while others must be unlocked by increasing your rank. Although some Abilities return from Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood, you may notice some slight tweaks resulting from player feedback. Available Abilities include: Tripwire Bomb (NEW), Closure (NEW), Disguise, Fire Crackers, Throwing Knives, Smoke Bomb, Poison and Morph.

Prepare yourselves Assassins… to go undercover into the very heart of Abstergo’s training grounds!

PAGE 1 2 3

+ Emerald_Swords on August 10th, 2011 at 10:04 am said:

Really Nice! Can’t wait to jump in

+ altrodesi on August 10th, 2011 at 10:04 am said:

I may check it out!! It looks really good.

+ KILLSON13 on August 10th, 2011 at 10:06 am said:

Isnt this beta only for PS3 users? if so… HELL YEAH!

+ H8_is_Bad on August 10th, 2011 at 10:08 am said:

Cool really liked the brotherhood multiplayer can’t wait to try this out.

+ akab211 on August 10th, 2011 at 10:09 am said:

Awesome!

+ killercroc119 on August 10th, 2011 at 10:10 am said:

Should I buy the 1st game before the rest? People have said constantly that the 1st one isn’t very good, but without it it won’t make sense..
Or should I just go on to the 2nd game and proceed from there?

+ StargamerX on August 10th, 2011 at 10:10 am said:

Awesome, loved the multiplayer in Brotherhood.

+ footballrule on August 10th, 2011 at 10:12 am said:

Greast to hear! The Brotherhood beta went great last year! Can’t wait ti try this out!

+ jecs90 on August 10th, 2011 at 10:12 am said:

sweeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ jecs90 on August 10th, 2011 at 10:14 am said:

i really love assassins creed.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ hulingbantay on August 10th, 2011 at 10:16 am said:

@6 I recommend playing all three games, unless you don’t like repetition(the main criticism of the first one)

+ jecs90 on August 10th, 2011 at 10:16 am said:

until september 3rd!!!!!!!!!!! wow is going to be dificult to wait that much…i will see my calendar every day!!!!!!!!!!

+ Jaysz_9 on August 10th, 2011 at 10:20 am said:

what bout 4 people who aren’t PLUS will they have any chance at the beta?
does anyone know

Gabriel Graziani's Avatar

+ Gabriel Graziani on August 10th, 2011 at 10:37 am said:

Yes, Uplay users will also have access to the ACR BETA on PS3… although, you get a lot of cool stuff with PlayStation Plus, so you might want to consider becoming a member!

+ ivetusmcsat8202 on August 10th, 2011 at 10:20 am said:

I can’t wait for this!!! Wonder how UPlay members are going to get access..maybe by email voucher code I guess.

Gabriel Graziani's Avatar

+ Gabriel Graziani on August 10th, 2011 at 10:38 am said:

Something like that… I’m not entirely certain of the precise mechanic, but we’ll have more info for you as the date approaches.

+ jecs90 on August 10th, 2011 at 10:20 am said:

question! this beta is going to be like uncharted 3 beta in which yu can earn prizes!!!!!!!??????)

+ Shinmigami on August 10th, 2011 at 10:21 am said:

@6 with the power of the internet you can read a wiki about what happened in number 1. I would recommend playing that at all. I played maybe the first 3 hours on the 360 before switching to number 2 on the ps3 and I have to say that I did not miss anything.

+ jecs90 on August 10th, 2011 at 10:21 am said:

c mon calendar you can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SEPTEMBER 3rd!!!!!!!!!!NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ GET2DAACHOPPAAAA on August 10th, 2011 at 10:35 am said:

Man it seems like an Assassin’s Creed game just came out…is this franchise the next CoD?

+ Camaargo on August 10th, 2011 at 10:36 am said:

Hey what about who isn’t PlayStation Plus? Wont be able to get it later?

+ digitalman123 on August 10th, 2011 at 10:38 am said:

Sweet! More beta for Plus! Hope I can immerse myself in this MP more than Brotherhood…

+ TheUndertaker85 on August 10th, 2011 at 10:40 am said:

Very nice. I’m glad to see the AC:R beta starting up so we get a chance to put in some input for the game way before it launches. It’s good to see Plus members getting into more betas too.

Any word about how long the beta will run?

+ Kirkpad on August 10th, 2011 at 10:42 am said:

Is this the multiplayer concept that was ripped from an indie game and then trashed by Ubisoft (ie, not marketed at at all)? I like it when creative geniuses create a concept, and then don’t get recognized for it. I believe it was called “The Ship”… or maybe it was the “Bloody Good Time” gameplay. Either way, I refuse to play this on the grounds that was not meant for the Assassins Creed universe.

+ chereb on August 10th, 2011 at 10:43 am said:

Cant WAIT!

+ Kirkpad on August 10th, 2011 at 10:45 am said:

Mmm, morning typos. Tasty typos.
**not marketed at all
** on the grounds that it was not meant for

+ KiDKiLLa606 on August 10th, 2011 at 10:49 am said:

Is every Uplay member gonna get the beta? Or is it just a select group of them?

+ Kirkpad on August 10th, 2011 at 10:57 am said:

Oh, it was worse than I remember. Here’s the neogaf thread title:

“Ubisoft publishes indie dev Outerlight, lifts best ideas for AC:B, leaves them to die”

+ lisatsunami on August 10th, 2011 at 11:01 am said:

EEEEK! This is amazing news! Thank you, thank you.

+ Mijeme on August 10th, 2011 at 11:06 am said:

Gotta love premium content!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ callofduykiller on August 10th, 2011 at 11:19 am said:

this looks AWSOME!

+ guitarded77 on August 10th, 2011 at 11:20 am said:

I’m sick of people complaining that they don’t get into exclusive betas while PS+ members do. Since the beginning of PS+ it was announced that members would get access to exclusive betas… sign-up or shut-up.

+ kabirdsall14 on August 10th, 2011 at 11:22 am said:

WHOOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!! I am excited! This is my favorite game franchise other than LBP! I love AC because its awesome and I love history :D

Thanks Ubisoft/AC Devs!

:D

+ lisatsunami on August 10th, 2011 at 11:23 am said:

Oh, & to the person who asked about AC1, I went backwards & bought it when plus users got it for an incredible ten bucks. Yes, a little repetitive & the actor for Altair was pretty bad, & worst part is no trophy support, but I’m still glad I played it & now have the full background. In fact, the scene from the trailer for ACR, where Ezio sees the ghost, I guess, of Altair? If you play 1, you’ll understand the significance of the location & –possible spoiler alert– how Ezio can survive that scene.

This beta may just be my very first online multiplayer foray, so please don’t gang bang me!

+ Lolsa1 on August 10th, 2011 at 11:23 am said:

I loved the online in Brotherhood. I hope I get in with Uplay, although I’m looking to buy PS plus soon.

+ furykiller972 on August 10th, 2011 at 11:31 am said:

Kirkpad shut up theres no need for trolling for something so awesome and also i cant wait to play this game since AC1 i have enjoyed this franchise and am really excited to play this game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ lisatsunami on August 10th, 2011 at 11:34 am said:

@30, guitarded, I agree completely. But we have more than our share of complainers here.

I’m going to troll the xbot blog & see if their users are as infantile as some of ours Do the have an xbot blog?

+ Butters360 on August 10th, 2011 at 11:44 am said:

I say again, rocks being a PlayStation Plus member.

+ wanderer55 on August 10th, 2011 at 11:48 am said:

Sweet I will join, just like the beta for Brotherhood. The MP in Brotherhood was fun and fresh. I need to beat the SP speaking of which…

+ Cyber_Goth_Night on August 10th, 2011 at 11:59 am said:

better be fix this time the online brotherhood the only game that had issues for all net types

+ FeistFan on August 10th, 2011 at 12:07 pm said:

@killercroc119 – first game wasn’t good by comparison to the second, perhaps — but it’s pretty awesome on its own. You probably wouldn’t enjoy going back to it if you started with one of the others, but I thought it was fun. And there are some story elements that will make the second even better (and it’s cheap now – I picked it up used for a song, then traded it in for AC2, finished that, and am considering getting ACB – with the new one coming out, the last one ought to be dropping in price soon).

I think most of what this post is talking about is the multiplayer part of the newest AC — that’s not even an option in AC1 or AC2, which were single player only (which is fine with me, but might be a surprise for some).

+ KwietStorm on August 10th, 2011 at 12:08 pm said:

Sign up or shut up. Can I license that, guitarded?

+ JonJonXD on August 10th, 2011 at 12:15 pm said:

Sounds great to me.

I loved participating in the Brotherhood beta. It’s actually what got me to purchase the game in the first place.

+ tonydamiani on August 10th, 2011 at 12:21 pm said:

:O NICEEEEEEEEE

+ Powie on August 10th, 2011 at 12:22 pm said:

Sure hope the invites come from Ubi, since the PSN Hack I no longer receive PS related emails – even after calling the no-help help desk.

+ Xiophoam on August 10th, 2011 at 12:27 pm said:

That’s really cool it’s in less than a month!

Just to confirm, Uplay is the thing you can get rewards with in-game, so if you are able to get those rewards you are a Uplay member? So am I entitled to join the beta? Please reply!

+ nunosantos97 on August 10th, 2011 at 12:27 pm said:

@6 killercroc119
ezios story starts in the 2nd game, start playing from the 2nd one

+ x0xave on August 10th, 2011 at 12:31 pm said:

Cannot wait, I’m buying PS+ September 1st, and I’m a Uplay member, but I’m debating PS+! Hmmm, I hope to get it on Uplay

+ Detective-E on August 10th, 2011 at 12:32 pm said:

So is this a PS+ and Uplay exclusive? I hope so, can’t wait to rub it in.

+ Orufonz0 on August 10th, 2011 at 12:35 pm said:

will revelations be available as a full game in the psn soon? like infamous 2? that would be perfect!!!

+ WelmoscaBR on August 10th, 2011 at 12:36 pm said:

oh great!!…not for who isn’t PSPlus member….Thanks UBI.

Gabriel Graziani's Avatar

+ Gabriel Graziani on August 11th, 2011 at 11:49 am said:

Uplay members will have an opportunity to participate in the ACR BETA as well, and we’ll have full details as to how to get access shortly.

That said, PlayStation Plus is the most sure-fire way to be certain that you will get in!

+ BLACK_BARON13 on August 10th, 2011 at 12:50 pm said:

Alright, I’v had problems with the narrowminded bashing Ubisoft has approached with the Templars… But why is Ezio wearing a huge Hospitilar patee on his chest…? I don’t understand any longer…

Gabriel Graziani's Avatar