Bloodborne

Assassin’s Creed Revelation Beta Opens to PlayStation Plus September 3rd

Gabriel Graziani's Avatar + Posted by Gabriel Graziani on Aug 10, 2011 // Community Developer, Ubisoft

Hey there PlayStation Assassins! Aren’t you LUCKY?! We have just announced that PlayStation Plus members get access to the Assassin’s Creed Revelations BETA on September 3rd! No, seriously, this is happening! Here is a quick glimpse of some of the things you can expect to experience in the ACR Beta (a much, much more detailed list that will be available on a special website we’re creating just for the Beta, but in the meantime, you can learn more in our forums.

Characters

Nine characters are available in the Beta which are all unlocked for your use at the outset. Though they share the same overall behavior, their animations differ and their ability sets are customizable. Available Characters include: The Sentinel, The Vanguard, The Guardian, The Vizier, The Thespian, The Deacon, The Bombardier, The Trickster and The Champion.

Assassin’s Creed Revelation Beta for PS3

Maps

Three maps are available in the Beta and are all unlocked from the outset. Be sure to pay attention to their layouts in-game as these maps have been tuned to allow more strategy than those in Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood (it’s easier to break line-of-sight, for example).

· Knight’s Hospital

· Antioch

· Constantinople

Modes

Four modes are available in the Beta and are all unlocked from the outset. Two of these modes are returning favorites from Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood, while the other two are brand new modes designed in response to player feedback. Available Modes include: Wanted, Manhunt, Deathmatch (NEW), and Artifact Assault (NEW).

Abilities

Eight Abilities are available in the Beta, but only some are available initially while others must be unlocked by increasing your rank. Although some Abilities return from Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood, you may notice some slight tweaks resulting from player feedback. Available Abilities include: Tripwire Bomb (NEW), Closure (NEW), Disguise, Fire Crackers, Throwing Knives, Smoke Bomb, Poison and Morph.

Prepare yourselves Assassins… to go undercover into the very heart of Abstergo’s training grounds!

+ squiggyrocks on August 10th, 2011 at 1:07 pm said:

Great now I’m tempted to spend more money.
MW3 = 60$
Black Ops Rezurection = 15$
PSN Plus 3 Month Membership = 17$
Total = 92$
Only 62$ more to go.

+ rataven on August 10th, 2011 at 1:29 pm said:

I am very, very excited to be a part of the beta!!

However, out of curiosity, any chance there will be an Officer skin again, updated and what not to fit the style of the game? ‘Cause I quite like him :)

+ Thwip on August 10th, 2011 at 1:35 pm said:

Looking forward to the opportunity to play a new Assassin’s Creed game before Christmas (for the first time in 3 years)…thanx! I always have to wait on Assassin’s games; they consistently release just before the holidays. Thankfully I always find them under the tree. :-)

+ MaGiK_CoSmY on August 10th, 2011 at 1:40 pm said:

Nicee !!! :)

+ Mosh_Pit on August 10th, 2011 at 1:43 pm said:

Hope it wont be a failure like resistance 3 beta.

+ Tank_Baked on August 10th, 2011 at 1:45 pm said:

I love this(from basically september to the end of winter) time of year . It’s like the beginning of the video game holiday season .

+ Rene_Led on August 10th, 2011 at 2:26 pm said:

@51 That’s not Ezio.
FYI In the multiplayer (Both Brotherhood and Revelations) the characters/personas you play with online are NOT ASSASSINS. Online you play as Templars (they training with an Animus to try to match with Assassin’s)

The charcater in Red with Templar cross is possibly The Spian or Deacon (I want to say Sentinel but he wears the tradional white robes since The Sentinel is an Ex-Assassin, recent turned Templar) ;)

As for those that say PS+ is rip-off etc, I just want t say; Ever consider looking into the $18 3-month subscription
It gives you all the bonuses of PS+ and it’s fairly inexpensive. I choose buying 3month plans since I can buy so much more for 50$, which is why I always buy the 3-month plans :)

For those confused about the UPlay entry. Sign up to Uplay through ubi.com or from a ubisoft game (like Assasisn’s Creed 2 and Brotherhood, you can enter UPlay directly through some ubisoft games) and once you sign up, you will receive an email with the beta ode base on the email you used on the UPlay account/sign up

Hope I helped :D

Gabriel Graziani's Avatar

+ Gabriel Graziani on August 11th, 2011 at 11:53 am said:

You did help Rene_Led, thanks!

This post is just packed with useful information!

+ GuZ_707 on August 10th, 2011 at 3:14 pm said:

well i might get ps plus just to play this

+ ashyachu on August 10th, 2011 at 3:14 pm said:

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!
I’m a little bit excited.

+ MarkakaJin on August 10th, 2011 at 3:20 pm said:

This blog post made my day. Can’t wait to try it out.

+ killercroc119 on August 10th, 2011 at 3:24 pm said:

Thanks to those who answered my question :)

+ Sharingan_itachi on August 10th, 2011 at 3:26 pm said:

THANK YOU ! I love Assassin o :)

+ Azmpwafa on August 10th, 2011 at 3:40 pm said:

It’s not a big deal for the normal users (not subscribers for PS+), because the beta will release on the 3rd of September and it will not have time to be public, if the game will release on the 15th of November, so I don’t have to pay money and subscribe for PS+ to get the beta. They have to release it earlier!

+ DaNTi3L on August 10th, 2011 at 3:41 pm said:

will download on september 3rd

+ harrypoopers on August 10th, 2011 at 3:42 pm said:

Love me some AC, but all the Ubisoft titles I have are full of bugs. As a consumer who preordered three copies of Brotherhood just to have all the DLC at launch, I’m disappointed by Ubi’s business practices of releasing glitch-laden games time and time again. After erasing my ACB save and system files as per an Ubisoft rep’s suggestion given once over the phone and repeated again online, my game still has not been fixed. A DAY ONE BUG that none of the patches have corrected instills absolutely no confidence that the issue will ever be resolved. So please Ubisoft, just delay your games and work on actual quality control instead of rushing broken product to market and hoping patches will solve everything, because you’ve proven that they do not.

That said, I’m psyched for ACR and can’t wait to see where the story goes! Fingers crossed for a bug-free game!

Gabriel Graziani's Avatar

+ Gabriel Graziani on August 11th, 2011 at 11:56 am said:

What was the bug?

+ twistedfloyd on August 10th, 2011 at 4:10 pm said:

Love my PS+, thanks Ubisoft and Sony! I wasn’t the biggest fan of Brotherhood’s multiplayer, thought it was good and appreciated it, just didn’t think the gameplay translated as well from single player to multiplayer.

Still, definitely going to check it out. Looking forward to see what you guys have cooked up!

+ ToFeY on August 10th, 2011 at 4:20 pm said:

cool :D i’m gonna download it when it’s available

+ FATHASUN on August 10th, 2011 at 4:26 pm said:

ACR Beta, Auto-Update and Trophy Sync in 2 days. Keep it coming Sony.

+ hellovbnm_1234 on August 10th, 2011 at 4:54 pm said:

never played assains creed -_-

+ Destiny89 on August 10th, 2011 at 4:54 pm said:

Sounds good

+ VideoGamer35 on August 10th, 2011 at 5:12 pm said:

Can’t wait!!! Loved Brotherhood, and I think I might love Revelations, too!!!

+ SoAmped on August 10th, 2011 at 5:18 pm said:

I am excited!

+ dokoganryu on August 10th, 2011 at 5:24 pm said:

Fantastic news! The new multiplayer characters also look fantastic and true to the setting. Perhaps a Janissary or Mamluk unit in too?

+ lisatsunami on August 10th, 2011 at 5:32 pm said:

@51, BlackBaron, you win my favorite post du jour. Ubi is racist against Templars, eh? Hilarious.

Well, I’ve stabbed dozens of them so guess you have to include me, too.

Cheers.

+ lisatsunami on August 10th, 2011 at 5:44 pm said:

Oh, @58, Rene, your knowledge of AC & Ubi is quite impressive. I’ve played all 3 games & you still schooled me. I tip my hat to you. Please don’t kill me online. At least, give me a few minutes to build some skills. :-)

+ NekoNiv on August 10th, 2011 at 5:51 pm said:

@Gabriel Graziani
thats great and all but i want a to see a post on when NA PSN user are going to get are hands on the Splinter Cell, like are EU PSN users got to download today…. maybe you could shine a little light on the subject?

Gabriel Graziani's Avatar

+ Gabriel Graziani on August 11th, 2011 at 11:57 am said:

I honestly have no idea, but I can ask!

+ ninjaguy3057 on August 10th, 2011 at 5:53 pm said:

why cant the beta’s be for everyone and free?

Gabriel Graziani's Avatar

+ Gabriel Graziani on August 11th, 2011 at 12:00 pm said:

Because I’ve yet to walk into a restaurant and be given a free meal because “I worked on Assassin’s Creed.”

Unfortunately, the mediating factor of money permeates every aspect of our existence… well, that’s hyperbole, but the basic underlying truth is as follows: game developers must eat.

+ imax12345678 on August 10th, 2011 at 6:04 pm said:

cant wait for september 3rd

+ thegame0808 on August 10th, 2011 at 7:13 pm said:

yeaahh cant wait :)

+ Cage890 on August 10th, 2011 at 8:11 pm said:

*sigh*.. it would’ve been nice to give us loyal regular users the beta too. Even if it was a week after Plus members get it. -_-‘
Guess I’m forced to join Uplay if I wanna play the beta…thanks Ubisoft.

Gabriel Graziani's Avatar

+ Gabriel Graziani on August 11th, 2011 at 12:01 pm said:

Erm… your welcome?

+ igorrocks2 on August 10th, 2011 at 8:46 pm said:

Gabriel Graziani You ROCK
Is there any chance we Canadians can get regional beta tests say 3 days earlier ? :)

Gabriel Graziani's Avatar

+ Gabriel Graziani on August 11th, 2011 at 12:02 pm said:

Hey thanks!

Unfortunately, I don’t think we’ll be able to extend any preferential treatment to our Canadian brothers and sisters, hehe. Good effort though, it was worth asking!

+ pgharavi on August 10th, 2011 at 9:16 pm said:

lol.

+ RobertDawson on August 10th, 2011 at 9:59 pm said:

very awesome i really enjoyed brotherhood multiplayer and i only got to play it once after the game was released because i had only rented it. i started with brotherhood then bought assassin’s creed 2 and beat it and it was a very good game. i still have to buy assassin’s creed 1 and i will probably buy brotherhood next month

+ jackwesten on August 10th, 2011 at 10:35 pm said:

Just wondering about the actual game release. Some places claim that the US is getting a collectors edition, some say that they are exclusive to Europe/Australia. I know about the signature edition from game stop, and I’m just wondering if there is any truth about an US collectors edition. Thanks.

+ EvoAnubis on August 10th, 2011 at 11:52 pm said:

I am so in! Thanks!

+ rockinjs864 on August 11th, 2011 at 12:08 am said:

Gotta Love It Keep The Betas Coming Sony And Devs.

* * * *PROUD PLAYSTATION PLUS MEMBER* * * *

+ Detective-E on August 11th, 2011 at 12:49 am said:

R3 Beta and the Assassins creed Beta!

Just to let you guys know, some Beta’s need to be limited, and PS+ is made for that, one of the benefits of PS+ is exclusive betas, so if you like that sort of thing, buy it!
thats what i did..

+ TG-Raylock on August 11th, 2011 at 1:13 am said:

To the guys b****ing, STHU! It was known from the start that PS+ guys would get in on this. Sony isn’t your mother, they’re running a business. If you can’t pay for plus then hope theres an open beta. If not then you’re out of luck. Stop complaining about it on the blog. You wouldn’t go in a restaurant and say its not fair that paying customers can eat while your broke as* is hungry

+ numbrabbit on August 11th, 2011 at 1:16 am said:

i think it’s a real shame to pay what we do for the systems, then the price of the games and now most of everything being done, like updates and these betas are being directed toward the “plus” users. looks like i may be getting that xbox after all. course they may be just as bad!

+ numbrabbit on August 11th, 2011 at 1:24 am said:

p.s. this aint a restaurant, it’s a game system. you are right though, seems we need to grow up, stop putting hard earned money into something this trivial and use that money to hit that restaurant. oh, and thank goodness this is the US site where we can post our opinions freely and not be begrudged about!

+ lisatsunami on August 11th, 2011 at 2:41 am said:

@91: your last phrase rubs me wrong. Are you a foreigner, because your concept of our freedom of speech is skewed. Freedom of speech means you can come here & complain alright, within very liberal limits, obviously, but it doesn’t mean you can’t be criticized for what you say. Because those of us who disagree with you also enjoy freedom of speech.

So if that was meant as an anti-American remark, kindly take your stu-pid a$$ elsewhere.

And if you are American, I apologize for thinking you’re a foreigner, when you’re really just ignorant of the most fundamental tenet of our society.

+ AfroSamuraiBlak on August 11th, 2011 at 5:01 am said:

I really love the PS3 Its amazing i am going to buy playstation plus!

+ numbrabbit on August 11th, 2011 at 6:02 am said:

i am American, so yes, I must apologize. i don’t mind the critics. my #91 was directed at anyone who is telling those of us that feel we have a complaint to “STHU!” those of us that are complaining are usually just blowing off steam the same way others are giving praise.

+ Fre4king_Perf3ct on August 11th, 2011 at 7:54 am said:

ohhhh yeaaaaa 3 best beta games on 1 month (:
ACR, resistance 3, and I think the best 1, BF3!!
September the best month ever!!!! (((((;

+ kenny-1995 on August 11th, 2011 at 8:15 am said:

Is that guy on the left meant to be turkish?

Gabriel Graziani's Avatar

+ Gabriel Graziani on August 11th, 2011 at 11:48 am said:

If you have Uplay, then there will be a way for you to participate! ;)

+ JonJonXD on August 11th, 2011 at 1:09 pm said:

It’s really bothering me that people have a problem with this being PS+ exclusive (outside of uplay members), as if beta access wasn’t one of the selling points of PS+ or something :/

I’m excited to play this. I enjoyed the Brotherhood multiplayer for the most part (thought that some abilities ruined the game (like templar vision…it basically rendered hiding and being sneaky borderline pointless), so I’m excited to see how things have been improved.

+ FunnyGuy5051 on August 11th, 2011 at 8:15 pm said:

Are we going to be able to download the beta from the store if we are plus?

+ minidude13 on August 11th, 2011 at 9:16 pm said:

Besides how you get the beta what are the main differences between getting the beta with PSPlus and Uplay like does PSPlus get more of the abilities shown?

+ RJ-DUDE on August 11th, 2011 at 10:11 pm said:

Hey UbiGabe! I watch ur Q and As videos on Youtube and I know this isnt about the beta but can u get the team upload more videos? Plzzz…