PS4 - Transistor

PlayStation Network Scheduled Maintenance Thursday

Patrick Seybold's Avatar + Posted by Patrick Seybold on Aug 10, 2011 // Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

PlayStation Network is scheduled to undergo routine maintenance tomorrow, August 11th, from about 8am until approximately 7pm Pacific Time. During this time, registration and Account Management will be inaccessible, including the password reset process. While some users may experience difficulty signing into PSN and the PlayStation Store, the majority of users will be able to play online as well as sign in to external sites that require PSN authentication (like this one).

Stay tuned to the PlayStation Twitter feed for updates and a notice when maintenance has concluded.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

198 Comments

+ i-back44 on August 11th, 2011 at 6:24 am said:

CROSS GAME CHAT PLEASE!!

+ Bubaroo on August 11th, 2011 at 6:28 am said:

No cross game chat. The network lags enough as it is. We do not need it to lag anymore because you boneheads think its cool to talk through a headset. Besides, Sony won’t do it. Begging really makes you guys look pathetic.

+ R3N36AD3 on August 11th, 2011 at 6:30 am said:

great timing….. on my day off when i really wanted to play online………. =(

+ ein_nineteenth on August 11th, 2011 at 6:51 am said:

Comment 101. Update the DivX. Now that’s the best thing I’ve read in a while.

+ TONY-Q on August 11th, 2011 at 6:59 am said:

u want cross game chat?! get a effin X-Box!! im sick of herein people with mics on the phone with there friends, i could imagin the B.S id have to listen to if cross game chat was available.

i have a mic n dont even use it hardly cuz of all the B.S people talk. people are jus puttin on there mics now for u to here whats goin on in their life like they are some big deal or somethin. i couldnt believe last night i actually got into a zombie match with 3 other dudes who actually wanted to communicate and accomplish somethin in the game! thats what mics are for… not for me to sit here playin while ur braggin to ur buddie about some B.S story ur ur makin up.

+ sukini50 on August 11th, 2011 at 7:09 am said:

AFFTER 65 EPISODES, NOW I HAVE A PROBLEMS WITH THE SUBTITLES WATCHING THE TV SERIES LOST. CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME WITH THAT. THANKS.
CC HELP!!!!!!!!!!.

+ PaperCarrier on August 11th, 2011 at 7:18 am said:

Cross Game Voice Chat is coming but you’ll have to buy PS Vita and sync it with the PS3 when it comes out to use it.

+ JonJonXD on August 11th, 2011 at 7:27 am said:

Cross Game Chat! :P

+ nikrel on August 11th, 2011 at 7:43 am said:

What is with the comment waiting to be moderated? Have I done something offensive in the past?

+ Bubaroo on August 11th, 2011 at 7:56 am said:

CROSS GAME CHAT…… is a terrible idea. Use a phone and save everyone the wasted signal. Just because you guys can’t get off the couch to hang out in person doesn’t mean the rest of us should suffer. Everyone needs to stop trying to make this an XBOX.

+ rosfre on August 11th, 2011 at 7:57 am said:

CAN THE PS3 WILL SUPPORT GAME CROSS CHAT OR TE CONSOLE IS NOT POWERFUL TO SUPPORT IT?

3 WORDS TO WRITE OR 2 YOUR CHOICE MR. PATRICK SEYBOLD. DIFFICULT TO DO ?

OR

+ GEEWUN-96 on August 11th, 2011 at 7:59 am said:

This won’t effect me too much.

+ footballrule on August 11th, 2011 at 8:39 am said:

Ah, maintenance. Hope it fixes something.

+ Arcadian_Rebel on August 11th, 2011 at 8:44 am said:

Terrible timing and it’s just too long.

+ ChaseHammerJ on August 11th, 2011 at 8:55 am said:

@106 COMPLETELY Agree!

i go into COD match and some idiot is either having a conversation with someone sitting next to them or BLASTING music that no one wants to hear.

I hate mics. no one uses them for what they are suppose to be for, COMMUNICATE ABOUT THE GAME. sheesh.

+ GRIM__REAFER on August 11th, 2011 at 8:58 am said:

Won’t be up until end of Sept.

+ TONY-Q on August 11th, 2011 at 9:08 am said:

@ChaseHammerJ

oh yea, forgot to mention that too, the music B.S… it seems like people jus put there mic on for people to hear what music there listin to. n then start effin rappin to it. i know theres a mute button, n believe me i do use it… but it seems like these are the reasons people want these stupid things for.

+ Lara_Croft_GodHD on August 11th, 2011 at 9:20 am said:

ok guys the cross party chat might be comeing when ps vita is out in 2012 ok so stop asking for it ok lol

+ crazy_kracker1 on August 11th, 2011 at 9:27 am said:

they do a big update on home. know no one can get on wth

+ YungShep on August 11th, 2011 at 9:45 am said:

Lmao at the amount of individuals that read that post but didn’t comprehend what they read.

CROSS GAME CHAT IS COMING TO PS VITA..SO YOU WANNA CROSS GAME CHAT..BUY A VITA..

I WISH THE KIDS WOULD STOP SPAMMING THE BLOG WITH NON-SENSE.

IF YOU HAVE A SERIOUS TECHNICAL ISSUE CALL SONY DIRECTLY. IF YOU DONT KNOW YOUR WHINING

ON HERE GETS NOTHING ACCOMPLISHED.

+ crazy_kracker1 on August 11th, 2011 at 9:52 am said:

@122 why should they call sony reps are dumb when it comes to asking them questions about home related issues

+ V1P3R1212 on August 11th, 2011 at 9:56 am said:

anybody i joined a hack lobby in blackops and and it messed my ps3 or blackops & when i put a game mode tdm , S&D or anything it show a black map and it freezes anybody help me plz

+ jstepp2 on August 11th, 2011 at 10:02 am said:

Thanks for the heads up.

+ Sponge-worthy on August 11th, 2011 at 10:22 am said:

I am fully confident that the end result of this maintenance will be a launch of some community-requested features!

/sarcasm

+ invision2212 on August 11th, 2011 at 10:43 am said:

you can still play online i dont see why people are freaking out im online right now with no issues, and i hope they never bring cross game chat its another useless feature we dont need if you want it go buy xbox.

+ Fishface45 on August 11th, 2011 at 10:49 am said:

I’m one of the lucky ones that can’t sign in. Sucks cause I can’t even get to my XBL to play a single player game.

+ that-acmilan-guy on August 11th, 2011 at 10:56 am said:

Maintenance doesn’t mean new features, damn some people are so dumb :\

+ Fishface45 on August 11th, 2011 at 11:08 am said:

correction: I got it to work, needed to unplug my ethernet cord from the PS3.

+ Fre4king_Perf3ct on August 11th, 2011 at 12:23 pm said:

thanks for let us know (:
and please do cross game chat pls notice

+ PirateHarlock on August 11th, 2011 at 1:12 pm said:

Would be more useful if the senseless sony troll brigade would stop spamming the comments with drooling fanboyism. And lets start being honest here? what will this “maintenance” really do? its much longer than the usual weekly home update. But all the previous “maintenance” has done absolutely nothing to improve PSN reliability in the least. It’s time Sony put real effort into making PSN useable or stop bragging about it being “free”. As it is now its a joke with a long forgotton punch line.

+ xxnike629xx on August 11th, 2011 at 1:41 pm said:

The PSN being free is nice, but what good is it when these auto features are for the paid users only? Granted system updating and synching trophies isn’t hard, but when the PS+ users get the ability to do such things, it’s making Sony look bad…

They tout that the PSN is free yet they make exclusive features to those who pay…features that seem like they should be something included for all members.

+ catincrunch13 on August 11th, 2011 at 1:41 pm said:

are they upgrading it??????

+ reniemika on August 11th, 2011 at 1:48 pm said:

I Hope You Guys Put Ps2 Games To Run On Ps3
And I Wont Stop Saying It TIll YOu Guys Dont Put IT

+ SoYoung on August 11th, 2011 at 2:24 pm said:

I’m tired to hear complain about cross game chat..

If you want to talk to your friend while playing, call them and talk with a headset.

+ Sick43 on August 11th, 2011 at 2:32 pm said:

I know this doesn’t entirely have to do with psn maintenance but DC Universe Online is going to be down for 4 days for mega server changes starting thursday i just want to know will we be refunded our lost time?

+ rockinjs864 on August 11th, 2011 at 2:45 pm said:

@133 did you know “paid members” also help keep PSN free for “non paying members” a little exclusiveness shouldn’t be a problem

+ MRGamer01 on August 11th, 2011 at 2:57 pm said:

For those worried about Cross Game Chat, just stop asking about it already. I’m pretty sure it exists on the blog.share, and they’ve probably read all of your annoying/rude comments (the minority of these comments are actually well said and in a manner thats polite) about it. If you want to chat with your friends so badly in different games, then just use this thing called a phone. Or skype! Skype PC to PC calls (even PSP if you have one) are free! So use those!

+ thamonsterr111 on August 11th, 2011 at 3:00 pm said:

i hate ppl who are like we dont need it, well i have both 360 and ps3 and when i swithched over to ps3 it was hard with outh cross game chat. oh and they should Put in APPEAR OFFLINE!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!

+ gearhead32 on August 11th, 2011 at 3:09 pm said:

I couldn’t possibly care less about cross game chat I never used it on the xbox I didn’t feel like talking to people on mic who are playing a different game then me too me it was distracting. I would like too have the appear offline feature that would be nice too have when you don’t feel like talking too people and just wanna relax and play games and be alone.

+ gearhead32 on August 11th, 2011 at 3:14 pm said:

I don’t mind some of the people on the blog that call for cross game chat the people I can’t stand are the ones that yell and scream and just come off as annoying and it doesn’t help your cause it just hurts it.

+ gearhead32 on August 11th, 2011 at 3:20 pm said:

@139 ha ha exactly have they ever heard of a new invention called a cellphone

+ DeMon314noMeD on August 11th, 2011 at 3:41 pm said:

eat my …… cross chat is never coming guys

+ Rorek_IronBlood on August 11th, 2011 at 4:09 pm said:

Maintence is usually a good thing (atleast within and pertaining to most situations.) At the very least “atleast” this scheduled maintence will cause little to no, disturbances at all. Which is a good thing. What said maintence is for; I cannot be too sure of. However, I suppose it is most likely just a basic and routine event.

As for the whole debacle between those of us whom may want Cross-Game Chat (or Xgame Chat if you prefer) and those of us who may not want it. It’s a bit of a mute point really is it not? I mean granted we have cell phones, computers, “skype”, and other various means of communication (including physical interaction), but that does not make Cross-game Chat obsalete or unwarranted. For those of you whom may be gawking and using said “excuses” as a baseline crutch to a non-existent argument just look at a number of gadgets around the world, or prorgams (like a number of the ones just fowarded to PlayStation Plus members for example) and tell me it’s not really any less needed then those.

– Continued On Next Post –

+ Rorek_IronBlood on August 11th, 2011 at 4:16 pm said:

– Countinued From Last Post —

Oh, and as for the whole issue pertaining to the mic’s? It’s a mic. It’s purpose can be for whatever said user wishes to use or even abuse it for. Whether it be to annoy you or not. You can always leave, mute, or ignore. I mean if a mic’s only purpose was to communicate about the game then why do, cell phones do, everything “but” make actual phone calls (this means all of the applications, and devices that phones have implemented over the decades. Such as camera’s, video talk, web browsing, gaming, scanning, ect, ect..)

I mean really you’ll complain about someone whom is actually using their mic (for what ever purprose), but you’ll not complain about someone whom may or may not be using their cell phone for it’s original intended purposes, or even may be annoying to other as the carelessly chatter away? That is a bit hypocritical of some of you on here. Society sure is full of double standards. (lol)

+ Rorek_IronBlood on August 11th, 2011 at 4:19 pm said:

Also. I misspelled “moot” with “mute”. Should’ve had a V8. (lol) I really wish I had an “edit” feature sometimes (or even a simple spell check.)

+ gearhead32 on August 11th, 2011 at 4:28 pm said:

@144 I agree if cross game chat was ever coming to ps3 we would have it already so id be very surprised if there is any actual plan by sony to do it. I don’t care myself if there is cross game chat it’s fine for those gamers who want to use it but,I am tired of the people on these boards that whine and [DELETED] and are jerks to anyone who don’t care about the feature it hurts their cause too get it.

+ gearhead32 on August 11th, 2011 at 4:28 pm said:

@144 I agree if cross game chat was ever coming to ps3 we would have it already so id be very surprised if there is any actual plan by sony to do it. I don’t care myself if there is cross game chat it’s fine for those gamers who want to use it but,I am tired of the people on these boards that whine and yell and are jerks to anyone who don’t care about the feature it hurts their cause too get it.

+ pooju5 on August 11th, 2011 at 5:02 pm said:

now my ps3 wont read the disk for some reason

+ FRANKMAN1 on August 11th, 2011 at 5:23 pm said:

Please people, understand that crossgame voice-chat is not possible. It´s been 5 years and there is no answer from sony. Time to give up?

+ DJMonkay on August 11th, 2011 at 5:57 pm said: