Far Cry 4

MotorStorm Apocalypse Monster Update: Mode Editor, Steering Wheels and Move

Daimion Pinnock's Avatar + Posted by Daimion Pinnock on Aug 11, 2011 // Producer, SCEA

MotorStorm Apocalypse

Hello, my fellow MotorStormers! The racing party at the end of the world recently introduced a hot new track and fresh Weekly Challenges for you to play. Now, I’m excited to be able to bring you news of another larger-than-life update, which will empower you to create, share and get much more out of your action racing experience than ever before.

To get this latest update, simply fire up MotorStorm Apocalypse while connected to PSN and you’ll be prompted to download the update.

Design Your Own Game Modes

The new Mode Editor allows you to create your own fun game modes within the MotorStorm template and then play them straight away with other players (online and offline).

The possibilities are vast: Tweak the standard Race mode so that vehicle attacks are disabled…or set-up a five-round Eliminator mode, on mirrored tracks, for 15 Monster Trucks and 1 Buggy, with moon gravity, infinite boost and no brakes…or do something completely unexpected – we can’t wait to see what you come up with!

MotorStorm Apocalypse

Share Your Customized Vehicle

Customize and share your proudest vehicle designs with your friends via motorstorm.com, and download any that you like the look of from the website to apply to any of the vehicles in your collection – they automatically work across all vehicle types.

Sharing your personalized vehicles is simple: upload them from MotorStorm Apocalypse to your personal Profile area on motorstorm.com and other players can view them immediately. Downloading shared vehicles from other players is just as easy: find one you like the look of on motorstorm.com, sign in with your PSN Online ID and download it – it will be waiting for you when you next go into Customization in the game!

Up Your Game With a PS3 Steering Wheel or PlayStation Move

PlayStation Move controllers and certain PS3 steering wheels are now fully supported in MotorStorm Apocalypse (including customizable configurability options), so you can get even closer to the racing action with a more tactile and realistic control set-up.

I’ve been lucky enough to experience the game using a Logitech G27 force feedback wheel, on a 3DTV with surround sound set-up, and I can honestly say it’s the most exhilarating gaming experience I’ve ever had. Pumping the accelerator and gripping the wheel as you drift your muscle car through a tight city corner at break neck speeds feels incredible, and when an apocalyptic earthquake aftershocks kick in and tears open the ground beneath your wheels – while you’re trying to avoid gangs of crazy looters and rivals throwing their weight around in monster trucks – it ups the ante even more. If you can, you absolutely must experience MotorStorm Apocalypse like this. Words just don’t do it justice.

Supported steering wheels include: Logitech G25, Logitech G27, Logitech Driving Force GT and Logitech Driving Force Pro.

Further Improvements to Online Play

In response to continued feedback from MotorStorm players, the update also includes additions and improvements such as; new racer ‘clan tags’, changes to gambling (bets are now won when a rival is disconnected or disqualified), and changes to lobby privacy (so that private rooms can only be joined by invitation).

Stay Up to Speed With MotorStorm Wherever You Are

The community website has also been updated to include player profiles which show off player activity, stats, performance over the last 10 races and shared vehicle designs. The update also includes a mobile version of the website which lets you use an internet enabled mobile device to keep up to speed with the latest MotorStorm activity (and your friends) wherever you are.

There’s a lot here to keep you rocking the party at the end of the world! If you’d like to keep up with the latest on Apocalypse, or learn more about the game, make sure to keep tabs on motorstorm.com. Thanks for your time – Cheers!

PAGE 1 2

+ Suicide_Surfer on August 11th, 2011 at 10:07 am said:

Daimion Pinnock's Avatar

+ Jamie Brayshaw on August 11th, 2011 at 10:56 am said:

Your quick reactions should stand you in good stead for racing through the apocalypse. ;-)

+ Suicide_Surfer on August 11th, 2011 at 10:07 am said:

too bad i just sent this back to gamerang

+ G-Force08 on August 11th, 2011 at 10:16 am said:

Nice update; Especially with the upcoming PlayStation 3D Display bundled with MS Apocalypse, it will be great for people who haven’t already played the game.

Daimion Pinnock's Avatar

+ Jamie Brayshaw on August 11th, 2011 at 10:58 am said:

Thanks! We hope it will have that same impression on people who are still playing. :-)

+ poodude on August 11th, 2011 at 10:16 am said:

Hot damn this is a nice update! I’ll be getting my Move when I get the Resistance 3: Doomsday Edition and I can’t wait to try this out.

+ remanutd5 on August 11th, 2011 at 10:20 am said:

wow now i understand why sony is bundling Motorstorm Apocalypse with the playstation 3DTV , this update is awesome !!!! cant wait to try Apocalypse with my Logitech Driving Force and playstation move !!!! cant wait to start designing my own games !!!!! Lunatics unite!!!!!

Daimion Pinnock's Avatar

+ Jamie Brayshaw on August 11th, 2011 at 11:01 am said:

There’s still more to come, but for now we hope you enjoy racing with your Logitech Driving Force wheel and can’t wait to see what game modes you can come up with!

+ remanutd5 on August 11th, 2011 at 10:21 am said:

ohhh is Motorstorm coming to playstation vita ? i really hope so

+ Mobius2525 on August 11th, 2011 at 10:27 am said:

Will wait till black Friday to get this.

+ Enforcer_X on August 11th, 2011 at 10:28 am said:

I’ll have to rock this with my Logitech GT Wheel!

+ bubit13 on August 11th, 2011 at 10:37 am said:

Lol hi!

+ jimmyfoxhound on August 11th, 2011 at 10:42 am said:

dang this is some good support. Nice work guys! I’ll def take a break from killing bugs in EDF to boot this up and check it out!

+ pitythefool852 on August 11th, 2011 at 10:48 am said:

Nice update.

I love it when developers bring us completely surprising updates with a lot of new functions and modes.

I’m interested to know how Move support works though. It it just like the nasty Mario Kart motion control where you hold the controller sideways, or is it something more innovative, perhaps using Move and the Navigation Controller?

Motorstorm, the gift that keeps on giving!

+ Hellman on August 11th, 2011 at 11:11 am said:

First off I love the game Evolution Studios is the most underrated developer. Second I was wondering if you all would consider adding more trophies for online play. I got the gold trophy for reaching level 40 but it would nice to have add-on trophies for reaching level 70 online. It would keep me playing online to get that trophy whether it be a bronze, silver, or gold trophy. Please consider it I love the game but would enjoy getting more trophies for playing online!

+ avdavidw on August 11th, 2011 at 11:13 am said:

Love this game. Can’t wait to play in 3D with a wheel. Hopefully sooner than later.

Keep up the great work!

+ Suicide_Surfer on August 11th, 2011 at 11:14 am said:

haha @Jamie…i wish i hadent sent this game back…i want it but i need the price to drop to buy it…im gonna spend all my money on resistance unchared skyrim twisted metal and the vita =( GONNa BE BROKE

+ NeoHumpty on August 11th, 2011 at 11:15 am said:

Wow. Thanks, guys. I finally have a good game for the Move controller. Can’t wait to try it out.

Also, thanks for setting the betting up so that you still win when people disconnect or don’t finish. That will save a lot of people some frustration and I’ll be more tempted to bet my winnings.

You guys are awesomeness.

+ hush404 on August 11th, 2011 at 11:19 am said:

Always nice to see a title being supported after launch with new options and features.

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on August 11th, 2011 at 11:26 am said:

How does it work with move? That would be kinda weird.

+ spatsnaz on August 11th, 2011 at 11:38 am said:

Hehe, I just came back from playing GT5 with my Driving Force GT. The patch sounds amazing, but I’m embarassed that I haven’t picked the game up yet. Would love to try this out with a steering wheel though, so I’m gonna have to get a copy soon.

+ TarzanSr on August 11th, 2011 at 11:51 am said:

use the PS Move remotes to play MotorStorm Mario Kart Style? Sounds fun to me…!

+ Delta-16 on August 11th, 2011 at 12:26 pm said:

Can we expect The heights as DLC? It is a card from festival and so was The Rock, and that’s DLC.

+ Delta-16 on August 11th, 2011 at 12:32 pm said:

Also, when is the update coming out? And please respond: how come I never got a theme or avatar with my preorder?

+ BG808s on August 11th, 2011 at 12:59 pm said:

Awesome update! Great to see that you’re still supporting the game with FREE updates, even adding features and content. I wish more game developers took your example.

Now I’m excited to try the game with my GT and Move to see how that works…

+ Zaike on August 11th, 2011 at 1:03 pm said:

Very nice update! You think you can give a little hint of when “The Heights” is going to be released?

+ remanutd5 on August 11th, 2011 at 1:23 pm said:

ohhh Jamie i have the same problem as 21 ( Delta -16 ) i got the carbon bike but never gotten the xmb avatar or dynamic theme with my best buy pre order

+ percast2 on August 11th, 2011 at 3:19 pm said:

Looks great :)

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on August 11th, 2011 at 4:21 pm said:

WOULD IT BE POSSIBLE TO MAKE A ELIMINATION RACE MODE? WHERE INSTEAD OF THE CLOCK RUNNING OUT..WHO EVER IS IN LAST PLACE GETS ELIMINATED…UNTIL THERE IS ONLY 1 PLAYER LEFT? ALTHOUGH THIS JUST MIGHT BE A 4 PLAYER GAME..CUZ I DONT KNOW IF IM GOING TO WANT TO DO 5 LAPS OF THE SAME TRACK..:P

+ jimmyfoxhound on August 11th, 2011 at 4:24 pm said:

Booted the game up now and…. nothing. Is the patch delayed because of the PSN maintenance?

+ remanutd5 on August 11th, 2011 at 4:31 pm said:

at 27 yes patch will be available after the psn maintenance so hang in there tight , im dying to play it too but for now i will play some killzone 3 online

+ devilmosh on August 11th, 2011 at 5:09 pm said:

Awesome update!

+ Shadead on August 11th, 2011 at 5:30 pm said:

I have to say this is the best Motorstorm to date and I really hope that the amazing support will get the sales that this game deserves.

+ jimmyfoxhound on August 11th, 2011 at 5:59 pm said:

Thanks #28 appreciate the info. I’ll be patient! :D

+ Razrsharp on August 11th, 2011 at 6:11 pm said:

Man, I need to get this game.

+ Mattsta001 on August 11th, 2011 at 6:39 pm said:

This game was awful. Worst Motorstorm of the three PS3 releases. Too much clutter and distraction on the tracks, terrible cringe-worthy “story” and they changed the handling to more floaty. A shame because the series had so much promise.

+ Genexi2 on August 11th, 2011 at 6:54 pm said:

Good to hear about Logitech wheel series getting support.

I’m not too sure I’d use my G27 in such a title as chaotic as the Motorstorm series though with my steering preference (broad turns vs. twitch action), but I can see the appeal in it for others that love the force-feedback.

+ Emerald_Swords on August 11th, 2011 at 7:28 pm said:

Rented the game and loved it to death, im definitely getting this game.

+ DoTheKiller91 on August 11th, 2011 at 8:03 pm said:

You know what? I think it would be awesome if you guys at Evolution Studios would bring some tracks form Motorstorm Monument Valley(the first Motorstorm game for those who didn’t know) to Motorstorm Apocalypse. I think it would be great to revisit some of the best track from Monument Valley! Y’know, play a lil’ bit in the mud & sand! ; )

+ DoTheKiller91 on August 11th, 2011 at 8:10 pm said:

Oh, and how/when do we get the Italia Tauromachia? I know it’s not out yet, but there are some pictures of it on the net, it looks like a Lamborghini Diablo!

+ xzile on August 11th, 2011 at 8:17 pm said:

I bought this game and I love it. I think a lot of gamers are simply fickle. Some games are bashed because it is the same rehash and then some are bashed because the design team attempts to add new experiences. I have to say this game takes motorstorm to a whole new level. It is incredible to actually race and have the environment constantly change.

+ xAToMiC–GaMeRx on August 11th, 2011 at 8:50 pm said:

When Is the 3D display comes !? MSA in 3D !!! I thinks my eyes won’t believe ?! Apocalypse and racing is really creative idea !! And with 3D its completley awesome thanks for this game!

+ razamora on August 11th, 2011 at 9:09 pm said:

Wow!

+ razamora on August 11th, 2011 at 9:11 pm said:

im going to buy this game.

+ android92 on August 11th, 2011 at 9:23 pm said:

Why is there still no update?

+ Ethereal on August 11th, 2011 at 9:58 pm said:

Sick. Keep this up. Supporting a game like this makes me happy inside.

+ donte1337 on August 11th, 2011 at 10:09 pm said:

does logitech momo work?

+ MadMeat001 on August 12th, 2011 at 12:07 am said:

Motorstorm is one of the most RADICAL franchise ever! I love the way it isn’t trying to sell overpriced dlc or directly release a sequel like EA always do :D.
GODDA RULE MAH MOTORSTORM :)

+ DM404 on August 12th, 2011 at 4:02 am said:

Say are you fellas still going to have upcoming track and vehicle DLC?

+ Stoffinator on August 12th, 2011 at 5:09 am said:

Awesome update for an awesome game. I hope MS:A does well.

+ Arryl01 on August 12th, 2011 at 5:16 am said:

I’ve been playing Motorstorm: Apocalypse with my Logitech Driving Force GT all along >_>

+ Arryl01 on August 12th, 2011 at 5:28 am said:

Oh and I recently bought a 3D Bravia, and Motorstorm: Apocalypse is the best looking 3D experience yet! Keep it up Evolution!

+ jimmyfoxhound on August 12th, 2011 at 6:57 am said: