GTAV PS4

ICO and Shadow of the Colossus Collection: Bonus Content, Trophies Revealed

Brian Dunn's Avatar + Posted by Brian Dunn on Aug 15, 2011 // Associate Product Marketing Manager

The release of the ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Collection, bundling two of the most highly acclaimed video games of all time, is right around the corner. Back in July, we revealed that there will be some exciting bonus video content included on the disc, as well as a dynamic theme for ICO and one for Shadow of the Colossus. Now that the videos are finished, I’m happy to give you a preview of what you’ll be able to look forward to when the collection hits on September 27.

ICO_32Shadow_17

Right from your disc, you’ll be able to enjoy these five exclusive bonus videos and go behind-the-scenes to learn more about these two classics and the visionaries that created them:

• Early concept and prototype video montage of ICO
  • Early concept and prototype video montage of Shadow of the Colossus
  • Initial concept video for NICO, a game that was never made but turned into Shadow of the Colossus, including an on-camera introduction from creator Fumito Ueda
  • Candid 20+ minute round-table discussion between Fumito Ueda (creator), Kenji Kaido (producer) and Junichi Hosono (designer)

blog_rt_1blog_rt_2

• And last but not least, a 12-minute behind-the-scenes video filmed on location at the SCEI offices in Japan. This video features interviews with key production staff members about the making of ICO, Shadow of the Colossus, and The Last Guardian, as well as concept art and prototype footage of all the games, and exclusive never-before-seen footage of The Last Guardian

blog_3

blog_1blog_2

In addition to full 1080p HD and stereoscopic 3D support, and 7.1 surround sound, this re-release also supports a full set of trophies for each game. Here is the full trophy list for both games to give you a taste of the challenges that await you when you set out on your adventure with ICO and Wander this September 27.

ICO_20

ICO

• Enlightenment (Platinum)
  • Rescue (Bronze)
  • Failure (Bronze)
  • Armed and Ready (Silver)
  • East Gate (Silver)
  • West Gate (Silver)
  • Farewell (Silver)
  • Royal Arms (Gold)
  • Emancipation (Gold)
  • Split the Watermelon (Gold)
  • Spiked Club (Gold)
  • Shining Sword (Gold)
  • Bench Warmer (Gold)
  • Express Journey (Gold)
  • Castle Guide (Gold)
  • Unscathed Escape (Gold)

Shadow_9

Shadow of the Colossus

• Wander and the Colossus (Platinum)
  • Valley Wanderer (Bronze)
  • The Sloth (Bronze)
  • Disturbed Sleep (Bronze)
  • Path of Gravestones (Bronze)
  • Aerial Dance (Bronze)
  • Entombed Giant (Bronze)
  • Waves of Thunder (Bronze)
  • Wall Scaler (Bronze)
  • Slumbering Caveman (Bronze)
  • Unknown Tracks (Bronze)
  • Guardian Unleashed (Bronze)
  • Silent Thunder (Bronze)
  • Signs in the Sky (Bronze)
  • Shielded Guardian (Bronze)
  • Valley of the Fallen (Bronze)
  • Final Colossus (Bronze)
  • The Forbidden (Silver)
  • Wander and the Forbidden (Silver)
  • Climber (Gold)
  • Hang Glider (Bronze)
  • Resistance (Silver)
  • Collector (Silver)
  • Meticulous Collector (Gold)
  • Slippery Ride (Bronze)
  • Agro Circus (Silver)
  • Cornucopia (Gold)
  • Tower of Prayer (Silver)
  • Endangered Lizards (Gold)
  • Stalwart Wander (Gold)
  • Mighty Wander (Gold)

I have a special treat in store for ICO and SotC fans headed to PAX in a few weeks. Check back here on the blog for details as we get closer. Until then, here’s one more screenshot showing off the amazing detail in the modeling and textures that you’ll get to enjoy, now that the games are in HD.

Shadow_38

+ jimmyfoxhound on August 15th, 2011 at 11:16 am said:

Fumito Ueda!! *bows down* That guy is my hero and the programmers and hard workers at Team ICO are so incredibly talented and brilliant! I cannot wait to pick this up and experience the magic all over again!! THANK YOU for re-releasing these classics! As much as I love the originals they just suffer pretty bad visually on my big HDTV (esp ICO). Thank you thank you thank you!!!

+ snake4308 on August 15th, 2011 at 11:18 am said:

As soon as it comes out…I will not sleep, I will not eat until I have the Plats for both.

+ Phillyblunz on August 15th, 2011 at 11:18 am said:

Thanks for replying to my 3D inquirey, but I must reiterate.

Lots of games use the 3D slider with a max effect being what I would consider mild to moderate.

I would just love it if when set to max, the 3D effect was extreme.

The default could be in the middle and this would be what most games consider to be the max of their slider.

Its a big deal to me due to every piece of 3D content that doesnt allow eye blistering, Wow inducing effects to be a knock against 3D adoption as a whole.

Many movies and games dont due the tech justice, after 10mins you dont notice it, might as well turn it off.

Here’s hoping you guys do it right. Lookin forward to this collection, keep it up.

+ DION3TO on August 15th, 2011 at 11:19 am said:

I just cannot wait to play this and reput myself into those two amazing adventures. Replaying them in HD will be a blast and speacially delightful to get all the trophies and watch all the amazing bonus content. Thanks Sony for providing great support for your classics.

+ BuchNasty on August 15th, 2011 at 11:34 am said:

@3 You aren’t a real gamer unless you want this in your physical collection. This digital stuff is neat but it’s ruining the sentiment of having a game collection.

+ Detective-E on August 15th, 2011 at 11:39 am said:

If Blue Point is doing this, then who’s doing the psp remastering?

+ filinese21 on August 15th, 2011 at 11:40 am said:

There are plenty of games that I’ve been looking forward to this year, but none of them have me as psyched for its release as much as this Collection. Thanks Team Ico for making this possible!

+ krae_man on August 15th, 2011 at 11:45 am said:

Okay those Fruit and Lizzard trophies are just nasty and pointlessly time consuming. Kill 10 lizzards or eat 10 fruit would have been enough.

+ Isarai on August 15th, 2011 at 11:53 am said:

So i’ve heard the term “full 1080p support” every time this collection is mentioned. Is it really rendered in native 1080p? also have you heard anything on the supposed demo of The Last Guardian that was being considered to be included with the collection?

Either way i’m definitely getting this, can’t wait to watch the extras on an early morning with my pajamas and a bowl of cereal all excited like it’s Christmas morning. :)

+ Dessron on August 15th, 2011 at 11:56 am said:

I love those ”remastered in HD” collections, especially when I’ve never played the games. This way, I can enjoy those games with all new graphics and trophies.

+ Rorek_IronBlood on August 15th, 2011 at 12:03 pm said:

Meh. Great games, but are they “worth” being resold for forty dollars ($40.00 USD?) I’m sorry, but I do, not justify “trophies”. Infact I still do, not see what the apeal is to such trivial and inconsequential cosmetic and virtual/digital bragging rights such as these “trophies.” One of my best friends is what I would call a “trophy ‘//hore” and I still do, not see the “importance”. Enhancing graphics on such titles are just again for cosmetics, and to those whom assume that “graphics” are somehow the most important factor.

Nonetheless. These are both great titles and among some of the best ever out a very broad and varied generation of gaming. I just don’t feel it’s worth forty, but to each their own I suppose. I believe I still have a copy of – Shadow of Collossus – and “if” I wish to relive – ICO – I can always just go, to GameStop or some other online retailer and save money. Twenty or twenty-five dollars ($20-25.00 USD) would have been in my opinion more apropriate, but again I guess it’s just all to the “eye of the beholder”. For forty dollars I would rather have them completly overhaul the game with an entire new engine (in essence a remake in every sense of the word.)

+ DaveedT13 on August 15th, 2011 at 12:05 pm said:

I’ll but it when it’ll be available on the PSN STORE. : ) Pretty sure it will be the case one day or the other…

I’ll even like it better if we could buy the HD versions of the two games separately. I would SotC day one on PSN store and Ico 3 to 6 weeks later. : )

+ Seahawk313 on August 15th, 2011 at 12:11 pm said:

Missed them the first time around, won’t be making that mistake twice :)…. TROPHIES!!!

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on August 15th, 2011 at 12:14 pm said:

Will these be put up on PSN for digital download purchase?

+ YungShep on August 15th, 2011 at 12:26 pm said:

3D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PREORDERED! I REGRET NOT PLAYING IT ON PS2..BUT I HAVE A 3D TV..AND NEED THIS : ) GLAD THERE IS SLIDERS FOR THE DEPTH @Phillyblunz is spot on about that. i want it in my face, pop out of the screen look. : ) those are the best 3D experiences (cloudy with a chance of meatballs, even Sanctum. and gaming great examples are Killzone 3 and Super Stardust HD)

+ octus on August 15th, 2011 at 12:36 pm said:

i loved both games, and will definitely get them when they come out. i just gotta pre-order them soon.

+ Baaxx on August 15th, 2011 at 1:14 pm said:

ICO was the first game I owned on PS2, and I loved it so hard. I haven’t played SotC, yet, so I am excited to play it in HD.

+ cman199 on August 15th, 2011 at 1:15 pm said:

do these games have an actual story line that goes with what you have to accomplish in the game because im stilll iffy if i want it…. if it has the story imma buy it????

+ PumpkinMusic837 on August 15th, 2011 at 1:20 pm said:

I love the SoC game but the ending was a real bummer xD
still, might get it to play ICO and to play SoC again!

+ Denuq on August 15th, 2011 at 1:26 pm said:

can you ask the guys at sony to do firmware update so we can disable this garbage please, tired of trying to enjoy a game, only for it to be ruined by these garbage popup icons, or atleast have the trophies popup at the end of the games when they are completed

+ lisatsunami on August 15th, 2011 at 1:27 pm said:

Yes, pre-ordered long ago. I never played either before. I hope this won’t be a big hype disappointment like Beyond Good & Evil was for me, although I only tried the demo. But I have better hopes for this based on the original PS2 trailers.

I can’t resist this retort: “never before seen footage of Last Guardian”? Wouldn’t pretty much any footage fit that description? The Stealth bomber was less secret than Last Guardian. And no matter what, I pre-ordered that long, long ago.

An avatar would be delightful, any/all of these 3 games.

+ PainOfSarrow on August 15th, 2011 at 1:35 pm said:

just saw game play on youtube. looks hella boring. i hope im wrong and the video aint do it justice. running around most the time with a little boy who wears horns aint catch my money. need a demo first.

+ Orufonz0 on August 15th, 2011 at 1:36 pm said:

is it going to be on the psn soon?

+ wocyob on August 15th, 2011 at 1:54 pm said:

it really looks once again amazing cant wait to play these awesome games!

+ duo5789 on August 15th, 2011 at 2:11 pm said:

Already preordered it! Will there be any extra bonus content for preordering?

+ Tomm4118 on August 15th, 2011 at 2:13 pm said:

If only it came with a ‘The Last Guardian’ demo. Buit we all know that’s just wishful thinking. Ahh well. : D

+ Sharingan_itachi on August 15th, 2011 at 2:23 pm said:

Please change the cover :(

+ WelmoscaBR on August 15th, 2011 at 2:36 pm said:

I know what we are gonna to do in that gold trophy “climber”…I know what we are gonna to do in all gold trophies and I can say it will not gonna be easy…at least will take from us a lot of time…well this is AWESOME…I never expect easy trophies…thank you guys because I’ll be proud when I get the Shadow Platinum…and I’ll get no matter what.
I’m really excited for the themes too…cant wait to see the theme of Shadow.

+ D-Squad3 on August 15th, 2011 at 2:50 pm said:

60FPS nuff said

+ joseqq on August 15th, 2011 at 2:51 pm said:

So, still no news on the Japanese Limited Edition that has the games in separate cases to come to the US huh? I’m still waiting for that, I’ll have to import it (if I manage too). Why can’t these things be easier.

+ Phillyblunz on August 15th, 2011 at 2:54 pm said:

@Yungshep

I had real issues watching Sanctum in 3D.

i rented it off PSN, and half the time in underwater scenes I had a terrible double image on the cave walls.

Did you watch it this way or Blu-ray?

I’ve never had a 3D movie look so bad, and assummed Sony screwed up the digital version.
Even the “best” 3D parts of that movie didnt impress and had barely noticable depth.

KZ3 and Superstar dust you are right on the money, they have great 3D.

Superstar dust when you explode is crazy pop out.

KZ3 The folliage can be made to stick out several feet from the tv screen with some fancy camera maneuvering.

Still the best I’ve seen is either of the two above or the Monster vs Aliens short “Bob’s Big Break”

Cant wait for Final Destination Blu-ray 3D!!!!!

+ TallCrowe on August 15th, 2011 at 2:58 pm said:

Looks incredible, I will purchase it.

+ emiru69 on August 15th, 2011 at 3:04 pm said:

I never played the original titles on the ps2 so it is a golden oportunity for me. Also you are releasing this game on my birthday! ^_^

+ BlooodyCow on August 15th, 2011 at 3:17 pm said:

“exclusive never-before-seen footage of The Last Guardian” that alone is worth the price of this game. :)

+ MixPix72 on August 15th, 2011 at 3:28 pm said:

so getting this and i am absolutely gitty about the guardian.

+ ZERO_169 on August 15th, 2011 at 3:59 pm said:

I have been waiting for this game for far to long. I already own both ICO and SotC but can not wait to play them again in hd. Plus not to mention this is just one step closer to being able to play the Last Gaurdian!!!

+ jcalvert on August 15th, 2011 at 4:16 pm said:

I pre-orderd this last Nov (Thanksgiving weekend I think). Hard to believe that we are just now getting to the point of an actual release. My wife will be happy for me to finally get my hands on this one so that I can use the two themes to replace my current SI theme. ;)

+ angelspawn77 on August 15th, 2011 at 4:19 pm said:

Sweet! Can’t wait for this! Day1 for sure. I haven’t played Ico, but I did very much enjoy SotC and can’t wait to give these games a go in HD and 3D.

+ xThe1x on August 15th, 2011 at 5:42 pm said:

@ #61 Rorek_IronBlood

ur a muff

+ Senjutsu_Dav on August 15th, 2011 at 5:50 pm said:

Sad that university begins before the release date :(, I’m gonna wait till the break to play this =D

+ Daojones on August 15th, 2011 at 6:12 pm said:

I really want this but I also want the super cool box the Japenese version is getting. Such decisions!

+ DION3TO on August 15th, 2011 at 6:58 pm said:

I am becoming paranoic. Everytime I go online I look for news for this colelction. I seriously just cannot wait to replay both games and get everything in them!

+ JEC94 on August 15th, 2011 at 6:58 pm said:

cant wait!

+ Fear_Me_All on August 15th, 2011 at 7:49 pm said:

HEY PSN i am still waiting for my message for my free SECTION 8 code for purchase section 8 prejudice

wonder why you did close the thread for it ….
(dont want people ask for they code!???)

it seem no one receive it is it a other lie from PSN ?

swarm was announce at 4.99$ but was offer at 7.49$ (still got screen shot for proof)

+ hush404 on August 15th, 2011 at 8:07 pm said:

I CANT WAIT :D

+ Benmo316 on August 15th, 2011 at 8:22 pm said:

I can’t wait to play these two games! Trophies look great, too, just an added bonus!

+ twistedfloyd on August 15th, 2011 at 8:58 pm said:

Awesome! SOTC looks amazing in HD. Never beat it on PS2, definitely going to now, and haven’t played ICO, so looking forward to that as well. Love the special features in there, too. I’d like to go inside Ueda’s mind.

Great job guys!

+ DecayOfSouls on August 15th, 2011 at 8:58 pm said:

Can’t wait for this. I have both ICO and SoTC on PS2 but I will still be buying this day one!

+ ViolentGene on August 15th, 2011 at 10:00 pm said:

If you don’t get this on Day One you can’t really call yourself a gamer.

+ tarbis on August 15th, 2011 at 10:01 pm said: