PS4 - Destiny

Exclusive PlayStation Content and 3D Trailer on Priest Blu-ray

Jason Allen's Avatar + Posted by Jason Allen on Aug 16, 2011 // Director, Worldwide Publicity - Sony Pictures Home Entertainment

Like UNCHARTED

As many of you may already know, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment has partnered with SCEA to offer some incredible content from their upcoming first-party lineup of games on some of our studio’s recent Blu-ray releases. No doubt you remember the God of War III demo on District 9, and the Resistance 3 demo on Battle Los Angeles… Well, coming to retail stores today in the U.S. and Latin America (excluding Brazil) is our Priest Unrated Blu-ray (and Blu-ray 3D) with an uncut trailer of Twisted Metal on the 2D version and a 3D trailer from UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception on the 3D edition.

Preist Blu-ray

This 3D Sci-Fi/action film stars Paul Bettany and Maggie Q and is based on the acclaimed graphic novel series. Go here to learn more about this action-and-feature-packed Blu-ray release.

50 Comments

+ prisoner4664 on August 16th, 2011 at 4:40 pm said:

wow

+ SpyDudeFX on August 16th, 2011 at 4:40 pm said:

That’s terrible, so I have the 3D Unrated version and don’t get the Twisted Metal demo? That should’ve been on the 3D disc too. The trailer is already in the store under E3 3D trailers.

+ proskatercam on August 16th, 2011 at 4:40 pm said:

I’d rather have the store update, and just get the demo that way, but that’ll probably take another year+.

+ prisoner4664 on August 16th, 2011 at 4:41 pm said:

Yay 1st

+ Link01 on August 16th, 2011 at 4:42 pm said:

Well that’s not cool. I want the Twisted metal version, but I’d be watching/getting the 3D version of this movie. How’s it fair when the U3 trailer is free on the network to download?

+ windsmere on August 16th, 2011 at 4:47 pm said:

I guess that is one way to get people to buy movies that suck ass but I wont bite.

+ MrSoggybottom on August 16th, 2011 at 4:47 pm said:

A demo of TM?? or a trailer???

+ theXsilentXchild on August 16th, 2011 at 4:48 pm said:

where is the store update? No one cares about this and no one saw priest in the theaters.

+ captubaplayer on August 16th, 2011 at 4:49 pm said:

Amazon listing says it’s just a Twisted Metal trailer…Not sure if they made a mistake here or not.

+ dragon_night on August 16th, 2011 at 4:51 pm said:

ehh I wouldn’t buy..in fact even attempt to watch this movie with my privileged eyes..could smell the suck from the day of it’s commercial and bad actors.

+ KwietStorm on August 16th, 2011 at 4:51 pm said:

Despite all the big games coming in the next few months, Twisted Metal was at the top of my list. The franchise is literally responsible for getting me on Playstation to begin with. And now I have to buy a movie I don’t even want, so I can play the demo? lol sorry ain’t falling for it. Any news on the beta though?

+ Ed243 on August 16th, 2011 at 4:53 pm said:

@11 they said at comic con there will be no beta for the game

+ NHDrumline17 on August 16th, 2011 at 4:56 pm said:

I work at a Target, and I GUARANTEE that the 2D box art said Twisted Metal TRAILER. I stocked them on to the shelves this morning and checked the stickers to make sure it wasn’t a demo, and it was not.

+ dragon_night on August 16th, 2011 at 4:58 pm said:

Privileged eyes as in good taste of movies

+ rockinjs864 on August 16th, 2011 at 4:59 pm said:

second that comment bring on the beta no demo for $20 bucks and a suckie movie .let’s hope the store update is huge since it’s taking so long to get it up(crosses fingers)

+ Stoffinator on August 16th, 2011 at 5:00 pm said:

Uhh wait a month, the movie will be down to $5 buck than pick it up for the demo. These are great ideas to do, but only with movies that are worth while.

+ PlayEvoinsec21 on August 16th, 2011 at 5:02 pm said:

mmmm all this stuff its good… but wheres today update?

+ TheGrimHeaper on August 16th, 2011 at 5:05 pm said:

Yeah, there’s no way it’s the demo.There’s still a good 5-6 months until release and Amazon says it’s only a trailer.

+ rockinjs864 on August 16th, 2011 at 5:08 pm said:

@12 you just broke my heart 

+ jimmyfoxhound on August 16th, 2011 at 5:08 pm said:

All this hoopla over a trailer.. ? ? ? :/

+ TucoMcFly on August 16th, 2011 at 5:13 pm said:

Just google ‘priest twisted metal’ and they all say TRAILER included. Good to know other sites are more informed than the official sony sites.

+ chacaljp on August 16th, 2011 at 5:13 pm said:

excluding Brazil, c’mon i wanna play that…

+ soldiercell on August 16th, 2011 at 5:13 pm said:

Movie was terrible! The director needs to quit! Legion blew ass as well

+ JEC94 on August 16th, 2011 at 5:15 pm said:

the movie sux

+ Jin_Kusanagi on August 16th, 2011 at 5:20 pm said:

“excluding Brazil”

+ zech678 on August 16th, 2011 at 5:21 pm said:

priest was best movie love it

+ eroe_vigoroso on August 16th, 2011 at 5:25 pm said:

I suppose with all the gamescon coverage we won’t be getting the store update. Or at least it seems that way. It’s been awhile since we had to wait all day for an update. I guess I’m spoiled now. : \

+ sethchilders on August 16th, 2011 at 5:26 pm said:

Augh. Stop putting awesome demos for games that I want in a crappy movie. I don’t want to spend around $35 for a bad movie and a short but sweet demo.

+ Kirkpad on August 16th, 2011 at 5:29 pm said:

Uhhh… why does the developer of Twisted Metal not even know about this?

“Never HEARD of a Twisted Metal Demo on the Priest movie. It’s not real far as I know. Never heard of it and we don’t have a demo yet.”

+ Ed243 on August 16th, 2011 at 5:32 pm said:

Everyone there is no demo look at the priest facebook wall they said it’s a trailer not a demo all it says is u get a code a priest theme car skin when u get twisted.

+ NHDrumline17 on August 16th, 2011 at 5:32 pm said:

Looks like they just changed the article.

+ TucoMcFly on August 16th, 2011 at 5:33 pm said:

Now they finally changed it. Hopefully nobody bought this movie on that error.

+ hypersk_us on August 16th, 2011 at 5:34 pm said:

@29

Can you share the source of that comment? I’m interested on it, lol.

+ lisatsunami on August 16th, 2011 at 5:35 pm said:

Uh, yeah. Don’t like this trend. Trying to entice us to buy bad movies with just trailers? How dumb does the marketing folk who thought this stunt up think we are?

Or are they reading the blogs every day and already figured out how dumb some of us are? LOL.

Nope, not gonna do it. Not even for U3, which we’ll be playing in a few months anyway.

And, I HATE any trailers on a blu ray I paid for. Commercials should not be on things you pay for. Commercials are for free tv.

+ Cyb3rfr34k-iso on August 16th, 2011 at 5:37 pm said:

Just update the store already!

+ hypersk_us on August 16th, 2011 at 5:42 pm said:

LOL, I see that they corrected it now, but only in this page…

If you read the article from the main PlayStation Blog page, it still says “Demo”…

+ zech678 on August 16th, 2011 at 5:45 pm said:

@29 go way shut hell up

+ enjionPS on August 16th, 2011 at 5:47 pm said:

Ha, like anyone would buy Priest….

Now! Tell Grace to wake up from her nap, the PSN Storefront needs to be updated.

+ K3ViNPwNz- on August 16th, 2011 at 5:55 pm said:

UPDATE THE DAM STORE

+ iTofuMan on August 16th, 2011 at 6:05 pm said:

i think it would have been better had one of them (Twisted Metal/Uncharted) had been a demo, Trailers are probably only good when you see them once, after that there is nothing much you can go by it. Whereas a Demo you can play continuously.

+ bakerarmy on August 16th, 2011 at 6:21 pm said:

Wow, just a trailer. I am gonna run right out and pick up that horrible movie for a 2 mon trailer.

Hahahahahhaha

+ Lugoves on August 16th, 2011 at 6:27 pm said:

Got it off the Netflix rental. Thanks for the timely post! (just finished watching Priest)

+ Ivan_MF on August 17th, 2011 at 4:34 am said:

@Jin_Kusanagi

Yeah…I know…

+ BAD-KID_ on August 17th, 2011 at 9:06 am said:

can Priest be a game for PS3?

+ YungShep on August 17th, 2011 at 10:54 am said:

well that sucks… 3D owners dont get a 2D demo of Twisted Metal, hence the Target employee that says theres not even a demo on the 2D version, so whats accurate?????????????

+ WelmoscaBR on August 17th, 2011 at 10:55 am said:

Maggie Q is awesome I love her.

+ YungShep on August 17th, 2011 at 10:56 am said:

**i see the error, on the previous page it says demo, on this page it says uncut trailer……..SO WHICH IS ACCURATE

+ hypersk_us on August 17th, 2011 at 1:56 pm said:

@47

The information inside this post seems to be more accurate, Sony had published this extra as a “demo” for Twisted Metal but they corrected the mistake, I guess they forgot to correct the main blog page entry (or they just didn’t care about it).

+ SoleAddict23 on August 17th, 2011 at 2:22 pm said:

Sony, in the PlayStation Video Store, ALL SD movie rentals should be .99 and HD rentals should be $1.99!!! How can you charge so much when there are so many WAY cheaper alternatives!

Also, add the Video Store to all Latin America with each countries respective audio language and subtitles!

+ David–Clark on August 17th, 2011 at 5:24 pm said: