Overwatch

Aug 16

Aug 16

inFAMOUS 2: Festival of Blood Drowns PSN in October

Ken Schramm's Avatar Posted by Sucker Punch Productions

inFAMOUS 2: Festival of Blood for PS3 (PSN)

Hello there PlayStation.Blog readers! Hopefully, all of you inFAMOUS fans have had a chance to play plenty of the UGC missions since our June launch. Here’s a fun fact: Players have spent a total of 451,251 hours – or 51 years – playing those UGC missions. While those missions have kept you entertained, it’s now time for a major DLC announcement.

inFAMOUS 2 Festival of Blood will be a brand new standalone single player DLC for download via PSN. Vampires swarm New Marais, and revered superhero Cole MacGrath has been bitten. To save his soul – and the city – he has just one night to find and kill the head vampire. Featuring new missions, themed environment settings, plus new characters and enemies, Festival of Blood explores the darker side of the inFAMOUS universe. Previous inFAMOUS games will not be needed to play this DLC.

The DLC will swarm PSN in October, in time for Halloween. In the meantime, here is the first piece of high-res art and a new video teaser trailer during Pyre Night in New Marais. Enjoy!

Add Your Own

Tuckdog93 said:

August 16th, 4:03 pm

Will there be more DLC in the future?

EHngel said:

August 16th, 4:06 pm

Calling this content ‘DLC’ is very confusing. And not just to people on this blog. Other sites that have posted this news have caused the same confusion for the readers. Colin Moore states that “It is downloadable content, so the DLC label works”. If that is what entitles the ‘DLC’ to be affixed to content then everything on the store is DLC. A poster on another site refers this content to be the same as when Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty came out. I agree. This content is a stand-alone game, and should not be classified as DLC. When a search is made for Quest for Booty on the PS Blog you will find the original store update page : http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/08/21/playstation-store-update-48/ where the game is classified as a Downloadable Game, not a DLC. This confusion I believe is not Sony’s fault, but that of Sucker Punch for advertising it as such. I, much like other on this blog, am very much looking forward to this coming out. I am also glad that it is a Downloadable Game and not a DLC for InFamous 2 for I don’t own InFamous 2 yet. Played it, loved it, just have not purchased.

Solid-Snake-Eyes said:

August 16th, 4:06 pm

@Collin Yeah it technically works but most people see DLC as an add-on to the main game and this is stand alone. I’m just saying everywhere I look online it’s causing confusion. I will buy it tho.

duo5789 said:

August 16th, 4:08 pm

Is the DLC gonna be tied to the inFAMOUS story? If so, how?

maciasj04 said:

August 16th, 4:17 pm

this sounds awesome!! finally something better coming to Infamous 2. Vampire Cole!!!

WelmoscaBR said:

August 16th, 4:31 pm

maybe will be great…it will for sure if have trophies.

ELITE-SHiNiGAM7 said:

August 16th, 4:44 pm

looks im going full alucard in New Marais hahaha

yellowjacket486 said:

August 16th, 4:53 pm

gonna get soon as it comes out

ELITE-SHiNiGAM7 said:

August 16th, 4:53 pm

it’s non-cannon to the damn story people let it go. take it as it is jeez,

Hooligantuan said:

August 16th, 5:02 pm

Wow, they actually found a way to turn Cole into more of a dooshabag.

CabooseFan91 said:

August 16th, 5:05 pm

haven’t played Infamous 2 yet, but the picture looks cool can’t wait for the game expansion and the pic is now my PC’s background :D

r-nice said:

August 16th, 5:05 pm

Will be purchasing.

DeathGazer said:

August 16th, 5:09 pm

This is awesome. Best announcement at Gamescom so far.

EggySong85 said:

August 16th, 5:12 pm

Correct me if I’m mistaken, but didn’t he say this was a standalone game? I don’t remember him saying anything about DLC.

Ken Schramm's Avatar

Collin Moore said:

August 16th, 5:18 pm

It is a standalone game that you download via PSN. You don’t need inFAMOUS 2 to play it.

rockinjs864 said:

August 16th, 5:20 pm

well guess i will give infamous a try now with this

vaunred1 said:

August 16th, 5:24 pm

I wonder how long it’ll be, im definitly gonna buy it, but i wonder if its gonna be T or M cause that girl had alot of blood coming out of her.

Thebig444 said:

August 16th, 5:25 pm

Opfully it will be free for the one who have infamous 1 and 2

Hooligantuan said:

August 16th, 5:26 pm

So does Cole shimmer all glittery like the other Twilight Vampires or what … ?

Buckis2002 said:

August 16th, 5:40 pm

As long as the game makes plays by the old-school vampire rules not the twilight rules

crazy_kracker1 said:

August 16th, 5:41 pm

getting it the day it comes out 4 sho lol

TigerLust said:

August 16th, 5:46 pm

If you just simply titled it “inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood”, most would understand it is a stand alone PSN release… Anyhow, looking forward to it!

ViolentGene said:

August 16th, 6:00 pm

inFAMOUS = sold

ToFeY said:

August 16th, 6:03 pm

buying it on day 1 :D
this & the U3 new gameplay demo <3
the best from gamescom so far xD

fester420 said:

August 16th, 6:08 pm

You all realize that DLC means downloadable content, which means that anything you download is DLC not just add-ons. It covers everything you can buy in the PSN Store, games, themes, videos, it’s all DLC. So the term DLC is correct.

Heavenly_king said:

August 16th, 6:10 pm

how is this DLC if we dont need the game to play it??? I dont understand :(

Heavenly_king said:

August 16th, 6:11 pm

@123: well, the term DLC is used to say “add-on content for games” :)

lisatsunami said:

August 16th, 6:12 pm

FIRST!!!!!

To have the new Infamous Avatars, that is, lol!!!

Collin, you sly devil, you!

Love me some Zeke!!!

Heavenly_king said:

August 16th, 6:12 pm

If we have the first and the second game, can we have new abilities in this one at the start?? :D

lisatsunami said:

August 16th, 6:14 pm

I love my new avatar so much I’m going to post again!!!!

Also, next DLC should be Zeke-centric. Of course, have Cole, yada, yada, lightning shoot out your hands, but I just love this loyal, fat butt waddling BFF!

ToFeY said:

August 16th, 6:27 pm

i just hope when uncharted 3 comes out all the infamous 2 characters be available in multiplayer (DLC)

Latin_Player_10 said:

August 16th, 6:28 pm

It would be nice if it was free for the people who have the game.

TONY-Q said:

August 16th, 6:37 pm

lol, how do people not get that anything u download from psn is DLC? an add-on is add-on DLC. if u had to have the disc for it, it would say ADD-ON DLC!!!

Northstar77 said:

August 16th, 6:38 pm

Ok I actually don’t like that this is not really an add on. Will this have the ability to read Infamous 2 game save data so you can keep some powers? If not that’s kind of disappointing. Does look excellent though.

time23space said:

August 16th, 6:43 pm

since this is a stand alone DLC, my powers from inFAMOUS 2 and blast shards won’t transfer over? Can I become a vampire any time I want when I Play my infamous 2 Game If so that would BE AWESOME!!!

Link01 said:

August 16th, 7:14 pm

I’m curious in how long this will be and/if it will have it’s own plat trophy ( which I doubt ). Also, any plans to bring this to a separate disc and/or release it with forth coming dlc on a separate disc like Rockstar has done? Apologies for the ideal comparison… but you’re seriously asking for it lol.

Zeo784 said:

August 16th, 7:38 pm

Dang about time Infamous got some DLC first day buy for me = D. Wonder what the trophies since this a stand alone game/DLC I also wonder if you just … evil? because from the look of the trailer it doesn’t seem possible to be good. Still though num num num num blood.

ericscolon said:

August 16th, 7:54 pm

You guys (Sucker Punch) think about re-releasing infamous 2 with this included on the disc? I dont mean like what Rockstar did with GTA or RDR, Naughty Dog did with Uncharted 2, or what 2K did with Borderlands.
If not I’ll wait until infamous 2 is like 10 bucks used since i tried my friends copy and was disappointed, that broke ass melee is a step backward than what was in #1 and coles attraction to the closest ledge is what bothered me the most about the 1st game and somehow managed to survive in the 2nd (can’t tell you how many times that screwed me over) plus im really not looking forward to listening to zeke again.
If you guys put it all on one disc i’ll buy what you’re selling though

ericscolon said:

August 16th, 8:02 pm

Also for the your sakes he better not be like twilight vampires, he should be a vampire like Eli from Let The Right One In (or Abby if you’ve only saw Let Me In)…. oh right Cole can’t be that cool, Twilight Cole it is.

Redikol said:

August 16th, 8:10 pm

I don’t like it at all! Cole as a vampire, what’s up with that? I’m glad, it’s not another zombie apocalypse, but i still don’t like this. I wouldn’t mind it as bad, if Cole wasn’t a vampire himself, but only fighting the vampires. I actually would have rather it have been werewolves instead of vampires. But really seriously, I’m disappointed in this concept, and there comes a time, when you have to say, “back to the drawing board.” I’m trying to look forward to this, but i ultimately can’t get over the crappy concept…. P.S. For all that don’t agree with me, that’s “your” opinion, and this is “my” opinion, case closed.

angelspawn77 said:

August 16th, 8:23 pm

Hope it isn’t too expensive 20$? Don’t know how long it is, hopefully its at least 5 hours long. Looks great though and I will most likely be buying it, well depending on the price that is.

Dwayne_AKA_OE said:

August 16th, 8:33 pm

nice ,very nice

DJ7291 said:

August 16th, 8:57 pm

This is real nice and all, but I want new powers. You know, like teleportation. Just saying.

Red__5 said:

August 16th, 9:34 pm

That’s the stuff!! glad you guys from Sucker Punch didn’t take the easy route and go for the Zombie thing….., Yeah, yeah I know that Vampire thing is also extremely played out (stupid Twilight). But anyway, I’ll be sure and get this DLC in October and “bleed” this baby for all that it;s worth!

Thanks!

Arcadian_Rebel said:

August 16th, 10:28 pm

Looks awesome! Will probably be getting this if the price is decent. :)

If2011 said:

August 16th, 10:38 pm

Is this dlc rated t for teen?

Drasadex said:

August 16th, 10:45 pm

Hell yeah! I’m definitely getting this!

moecage said:

August 16th, 10:54 pm

How is this going to work with inFAMOUS 2 digital ?

GibbShift said:

August 16th, 10:57 pm

Digging that Cross Amp very much, Sucker Punch. Nice job and expect me there day one for this DLC.

BuchNasty said:

August 16th, 11:40 pm

Cough Trueblood cough

Adaminho11 said:

August 17th, 12:43 am

please please Sucker Punch make this art picture as an official poster…..i really wanna have one on my room’s wall (i cant find a good official infamous poster and this one looks AWESOME)