PS4-Watch_Dogs

inFAMOUS 2: Festival of Blood Drowns PSN in October

Ken Schramm's Avatar + Posted by Ken Schramm on Aug 16, 2011 // Sucker Punch Productions

inFAMOUS 2: Festival of Blood for PS3 (PSN)

Hello there PlayStation.Blog readers! Hopefully, all of you inFAMOUS fans have had a chance to play plenty of the UGC missions since our June launch. Here’s a fun fact: Players have spent a total of 451,251 hours – or 51 years – playing those UGC missions. While those missions have kept you entertained, it’s now time for a major DLC announcement.

inFAMOUS 2 Festival of Blood will be a brand new standalone single player DLC for download via PSN. Vampires swarm New Marais, and revered superhero Cole MacGrath has been bitten. To save his soul – and the city – he has just one night to find and kill the head vampire. Featuring new missions, themed environment settings, plus new characters and enemies, Festival of Blood explores the darker side of the inFAMOUS universe. Previous inFAMOUS games will not be needed to play this DLC.

The DLC will swarm PSN in October, in time for Halloween. In the meantime, here is the first piece of high-res art and a new video teaser trailer during Pyre Night in New Marais. Enjoy!

+ MadMeat001 on August 17th, 2011 at 1:00 am said:

OH MY GOD THANKS GOD IT ISN”T ANOTHER ZOMBIE GAME BUT VAMPIRE GAME :D sounds so awesome! thanks SuckerPunch for planning a rocking halloween, you guys know how to do stuff :D

+ XavierStar on August 17th, 2011 at 1:12 am said:

Still wondering about those DLC skins/contents for inFamous 2.

+ JBAlex8 on August 17th, 2011 at 3:58 am said:

Love it everything of Infamous!!!! : ) I cant wait to October!!! why so far : (

+ lisatsunami on August 17th, 2011 at 4:54 am said:

@Collin, Scout & Sucker Punch: I came back to say I bought ALL of the new I2 content & popped in the disc & played for hours & hours, using the old Cole skin. Tomorrow I’ll switch to the gold amp. I already had the lightning hook since I pre-ordered from gamestop. Love, love, love all of today’s new stuff, thank you!

Oh, anybody having questions about the new content, I’ll answer. For example, I highly recommend the lightning hook if you don’t already have it. Not to be confused with the lightning tether. No exaggeration, the lightning hook has gotten me out of more jams than any other power.

+ MuSic-MaN_19 on August 17th, 2011 at 5:03 am said:

Can’t wait!!

+ neostardust on August 17th, 2011 at 6:04 am said:

Looks great!

+ mgsnull617 on August 17th, 2011 at 6:41 am said:

stand alone expansion huh…sounds good seeing I dont own part 2….good work sucker punch

+ mgsnull617 on August 17th, 2011 at 6:42 am said:

If its cheap “like me” I will buy and if its good I will consider infamous 2
How much?

+ cheesecake300 on August 17th, 2011 at 7:04 am said:

WOOOOOOOOO NOT ZOMBIES HOPE THERE’S TROPHIES lololololololololo i platinum infamous 2 yesterday
umm a bit unexpected but yea dont overprice since like dlcs now are like money vampires THEY SUCK YA MONEHH

+ cheesecake300 on August 17th, 2011 at 7:06 am said:

ohhhhh i just realized look t the amp omg its like a spear :D

+ eveton2010 on August 17th, 2011 at 8:24 am said:

This looks so cool and sooo wierd!

+ ZalAamir on August 17th, 2011 at 8:32 am said:

Any chance those of us with the full game(s) get extra in game goodies? :P

+ quirowekjefhgekr on August 17th, 2011 at 8:33 am said:

if players have infamous or infamous 2, will they get some kind of extra content or gift of some sort?

+ Froggnen on August 17th, 2011 at 9:03 am said:

I like it but it doesnt seem like it has a campaign when I saw the Trailer, it looked like a free-for-all. It would be awesome if cole were a zombie so we could see some guts to make it realistic.

+ BAD-KID_ on August 17th, 2011 at 9:04 am said:

OMG…INFAMOUS 2 Rocks :D

+ Froggnen on August 17th, 2011 at 9:08 am said:

Make it free!!!!!!!

+ Froggnen on August 17th, 2011 at 9:09 am said:

FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!115935R-GAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Froggnen on August 17th, 2011 at 9:09 am said:

+ TheTwelve on August 17th, 2011 at 9:09 am said:

Hotness!!!!!

+ Froggnen on August 17th, 2011 at 9:10 am said:

LEROY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Froggnen on August 17th, 2011 at 9:10 am said:

DESTROY

+ Froggnen on August 17th, 2011 at 9:10 am said:

HUMILIATE

+ Froggnen on August 17th, 2011 at 9:11 am said:

THE BIRD BIRD BIRD BIRD IS THE WORD

+ Froggnen on August 17th, 2011 at 9:13 am said:

I really love sony instead of microsoft because the xbox does almost nothing and it still has the red ring of death, I had a dream it would happen to me and sometimes it does so im scared.

+ slydaniels on August 17th, 2011 at 9:37 am said:

Will my skin’s from inFAMOUS 2 cross over to this game?

+ KILLO31 on August 17th, 2011 at 10:16 am said:

So cool,NO ZOMBIES FTW !

+ TroubleMaker411 on August 17th, 2011 at 11:03 am said:

Please tell me that any bonuses will rely on trophy data like Infamous 2 did.
I had a HDD crash before I had a chance to upload my platinum save to the cloud so I don’t have it anymore!

DLC looks fantastic though.
Any excuse to get I2 on again

+ Heavenly_king on August 17th, 2011 at 11:47 am said:

SONY is there a way you could talk with KONAMI in order to have a Belmont in this game as secondary playable character.

+ MJoniaux on August 17th, 2011 at 1:27 pm said:

I hope they keep adding more stories. I’m sure the vampire is actually a conduit or something. Please keep giving us more stories and adding to the infamous universe!!

+ MJoniaux on August 17th, 2011 at 1:27 pm said:

oh yea, BUY UP KOJIMA!!

+ Capshot18 on August 17th, 2011 at 2:20 pm said:

While this is a Stand Alone title, any information on whether there’ll be any bonus for those who own inFAMOUS 2? As in Karma carrying over, a discounted price, etc….

+ Tayzilla79 on August 17th, 2011 at 7:45 pm said:

I’ve got platinum trophies on Infamous 1 and 2 and no longer have part two. I’m so excited that this is going to be a standalone title.

+ guttowsky1999 on August 17th, 2011 at 10:31 pm said:

cool cant wait more of kick ass cole

+ Ldrofmn on August 17th, 2011 at 11:26 pm said:

It’s kinda hard to tell, but is Cole’s Amp modified into like a cross/sword thingy? If so, that’s so awesome:)

+ Ldrofmn on August 17th, 2011 at 11:26 pm said:

OH! And will people who DO have the inFamous 2 disc get any thing special when this is released?

+ CombustionManX on August 18th, 2011 at 12:02 am said:

Looks sweet, but what is with the new Playstation logo thing in the video? Why is so blue and irritating? Go back to the simple *tone* with the PS logo on black.

+ wackyracer8 on August 18th, 2011 at 3:15 am said:

This reminds me of undead nightmare but
the only difference is, you’re playing as a man who can shoot lightning from his hands!

+ wackyracer8 on August 18th, 2011 at 3:26 am said:

Also, which side of the moral compass is it limited to?
Is it good, evil or can you play on both sides of karma?
Either way, Sucker Punch are planning for a rocking Halloween!

+ phoenix392 on August 18th, 2011 at 6:53 pm said:

so does that mean it is just festival of blood alone or infamous 2 the game and festival of blood

+ DevilSuicide on August 18th, 2011 at 7:07 pm said:

Sucker Punch…you have my money :P!!!!!!

And congrats for staying with Sony :D!

+ AwesomeAlis on August 19th, 2011 at 7:07 am said:

175 900N4 83 4W350M3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ abbasman47 on August 19th, 2011 at 7:15 pm said:

PLEASE ANSWER…. will we be able to use the DLC powers (lighting hook , etc.) , the skins (reaper skin, kessler,etc) , and the AMP skins( sly cane, cave man club) , that we used in inFAMOUS 2, for this DLC?

+ w_lf on August 19th, 2011 at 7:43 pm said:

awesome, but what does standalone game mean? you just download it and play it with out a disk?

+ tytehdog122 on August 20th, 2011 at 12:12 am said:

looks exiting

+ creeper43 on August 20th, 2011 at 6:00 pm said:

gonna buy it

+ ozzyrodriguez on August 23rd, 2011 at 9:56 pm said:

will the players who own infamous 2 be able to load there safe or do they have to start from the beginning

+ MysticMorzan on August 25th, 2011 at 6:50 pm said:

I think I just came. I’m DEFINITELY getting this

+ Premize on August 26th, 2011 at 3:05 am said:

There should be an option for those who already own inFamous 2 to purchase the expansion alone, so we use less of our HDD space. This would obviously mean that we’re still required to use the disc.

+ DARKRAIN_59 on August 28th, 2011 at 4:48 pm said:

Will this take place after the hero ending?

+ DARKRAIN_59 on August 28th, 2011 at 4:50 pm said:

Will this take place after the hero ending ?