Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward

Aug 17

Aug 17

Coming to PlayStation Plus: Resistance 3 Multiplayer Beta and Assassin’s Creed: Revelations Multiplayer Beta

Grace Chen's Avatar Posted by Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

PlayStation Plus is heating up in August with exclusive access to some of the most anticipated Fall releases including Resistance 3 and Assassin’s Creed: Revelations!

With the 8/23 Store Update, Plus subscribers will have access to some of the multiplayer battlegrounds in Resistance 3 with the Multiplayer Beta, which includes two major maps in the game: the Seaside of Glamorgan, Wales, and the Trainyard in Bogota, Colombia. Be one of the first to get your hands on this breakthrough FPS experience.

With a special 9/3 Store publish, Plus subscribers will have access to the spectacular cat and mouse gameplay that makes up Assassin’s Creed: Revelations’ multiplayer modes via the Beta. Get access to 3 maps, 9 characters, and 4 modes of undercover assassin action.

Lastly, the PlayStation Network PLAY event is in full effect with the release of Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition on 8/23 20% off in Plus. The Baconing, BloodRayne: Betrayal, and Renegade Ops will continue to be available for pre-order with a 20% discount for Plus as well. That’s Day 1 discounts, people!

Check out the full outlook of content hitting for 8/23 and 8/30 Store Updates, and as always, let us know your feedback in the comments.

blogpost_comingsoon_081711

Here is the content list for August 23rd and August 30th

Free BETA Access: Resistance 3 Multiplayer Beta, Aug 23
Assassin’s Creed: Revelations Multiplayer Beta, Sep 3
Free Minis: I Must Run!, Aug 23
Free Dynamic Theme: LittleBigPlanet “Sackboy on the Run”, Aug 23
PSN PLAY Discounts: Street Fighter III Third Strike: Online Edition, $11.99
The Baconing, $11.99
BloodRayne: Betrayal, $11.99
Renegade Ops, $11.99
Discounts: MotorStorm Apocalypse Premiere Pack Bundle, $1.04, Aug 23
Wakeboarding HD, $3.99, Aug 30
Exclusive Avatar Bundle: Street Fighter 3 Third Strike Online Edition Avatar Bundle, Aug 23
Section 8: Prejudice PSN Avatar Pack (10 Avatars), Sep 3, Free

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3

pappy2011gamer said:

August 17th, 2:02 pm

No Full Game Trials

Airwalkinman17 said:

August 17th, 2:04 pm

I’m in the R3 beta right now and I’m LOVING it! First week was riddled with a bugs, but now its smooth as butter :D
It is so awesome, the unlocks and leveling systems are really cool. Now I REALLY cant wait until 9/6/2011. That game is going to rock (I bet AC:R will too :))

Kchow23 said:

August 17th, 2:07 pm

Awesome! been waiting for the LBP Dynamic theme and I can’t wait for the AC Beta.

KevCity89 said:

August 17th, 2:07 pm

I tried the R3 Beta when I purchased Socom 4, & the Beta didn’t even work. No matches could be played online

August 17th, 2:25 pm

Maybe it was a rough start initially? Definitely may want to hop again if you haven’t lately. But remember, the Beta is to make sure all the online play is as optimized as possible for actual release. Any hiccups experienced are all part of the process for buttery smooth online play at release =) BUTTERY

footballrule said:

August 17th, 2:13 pm

Been playing the R3 Beta. it is super fun with the killstreaks. The game just feels good to be honest. I could get it for just the multiplayer honestly. Can’t wait for the full game!

August 17th, 2:21 pm

I haven’t had a chance to get in on the Beta since I couldn’t get on SOCOM 4; but I’m definitely looking forward to trying it through Plus

SoleAddict23 said:

August 17th, 2:16 pm

This is exactly what Plus is and how it should be, discounted content, free content and timed or fully exclusive access to betas and demos. Not features that should be free to all PSN members.

soldiercell said:

August 17th, 2:17 pm

Street fighter avatars! No way! they never release those! (SARCASM)

Myke-Myke said:

August 17th, 2:18 pm

Nice update coming…

When does Payday: The Heist releases???

August 17th, 2:23 pm

I don’t think it’s been announced yet, but keep your eyes on the blog for info on PAYDAY as it comes

LovesJapanManga said:

August 17th, 2:19 pm

I TREMENDOUSLY ENJOYED RESISTANCE 3 BETA! It has been a blast to play this game…

By the way, will we “expect” more of “NEW” (READ: NEW, NOT OLD!!!) Game Trials(s) during this autumn/winter seasons? I mean, unlike Infanous, Far Cry 2, etc- they were FROM LAST YEAR OR TWO OR THREE YEARS AGO! I am talking about NEW GAMES that are FRESH! Assassin’s Creed: The Revelation Game Trial, Uncharted 3 Game Trial, etc. NEW AND FRESH GAME TRIALS, PLEASE! Thanx! :-p Please do not take this VERY OR TOO PERSONAL! It’s simply what we, the true fans and true Sony/Playstation 3/Vita Loyalists are clamoring for!

August 17th, 2:21 pm

thanks for the feedback! we’re listening =)

LarryFabulous said:

August 17th, 2:20 pm

For my personal gaming tastes this qualifies as a dry spell for the entire month of August. But that means I get to focus on all the games I’ve BEEN buying! Thanks for the break ^_^

Mercenary09 said:

August 17th, 2:24 pm

I thought this update would tell us our free games for Sept =(

August 17th, 2:25 pm

That’ll be coming in another 2 weeks with the next Coming to Plus update. hang tight!

zekececil14 said:

August 17th, 2:25 pm

I have had the R3 3 beta for a while. It is sweet. It has a few glitches, like the invisible glitch, but that is what the beta is for. It was sweet, no one could see me or shoot me. I just ran around meleying everyone.

Anyway, it is a great game and i recommend anyone with Plus to try it.

zekececil14 said:

August 17th, 2:27 pm

I didn’t get the Beta with Infamous 2 BTW. I got it directly from Insomniac. I love those guys.

captubaplayer said:

August 17th, 2:27 pm

I love the fact that Plus not only meets their stated minimum of one ps1 classic, one psn game etc. but continues to post new free/discounted content as the month goes on. Thanks guys.

M-Easy said:

August 17th, 2:29 pm

Morgan, I thought Altered Beast was coming this month? Any release date news?

August 17th, 3:00 pm

August’s Genesis Collection title is Comix Zone. Stay tuned for September Plus content in the next Coming To Plus post; this is still outlining the rest of the August action for Plus

mental36 said:

August 17th, 2:31 pm

this makes me want to get psplus…

August 17th, 3:17 pm

and, AND; you would have a pretty lil’ Plus icon on your avatar =)

bkmelendez said:

August 17th, 2:32 pm

Any idea when UPlay members can expect invitations to the AC Revelations MP beta?

lisatsunami said:

August 17th, 2:32 pm

Thanks, Grace & Morgan. I just might try the Revelations beta. And I loved yesterday’s store update. Letting the regular members get Qore free is very generous, even though some of these knuckle heads won’t admit to appreciating it.

August 17th, 4:08 pm

Yeah Qore is an extremely well-produced and fun inside look at some awesome titles. Hope everyone who hasn’t checked out an episode will take the opportunity this month

theXsilentXchild said:

August 17th, 2:42 pm

best be more then this. if not that is a doo doo update.

KwietStorm said:

August 17th, 2:45 pm

@Myke-Myke first week of October

digitalman123 said:

August 17th, 2:48 pm

Sounds good!

Blkant said:

August 17th, 2:53 pm

R3 beta has been terrible honestly. IG messed up again to make it again nothing like R:FoM.

As for the assassins creed beta though, now that should be interesting. ^_^

Tiax1 said:

August 17th, 2:53 pm

When does the Resistance 3 beta end? I’m away that week but hopefully I can get my hands on it before it ends :)

theXsilentXchild said:

August 17th, 3:01 pm

Hoping for more discounts and freebies. Still waiting for Strong Bad cool game for attractive people to go on sale like the euros. Its been a dry spell since the burnout and borderlands deals. Sony much not be wanting whats in my wallet.

jeffsmither said:

August 17th, 3:07 pm

2 betas and A free mini that I wanted to buy. Im in :) !!!!!!

Trieloth said:

August 17th, 3:15 pm

That resistance3 beta was and is tons of fun! It will be nice to have more people in the beta. But assassins creed beta is a big fat Meh. Curious when there will be more exclusive avatars for people who have playstation plus. Its silly of me I know, but it was one of the main reasons I got playstation+.

Camaargo said:

August 17th, 3:19 pm

Who isnt Plus wont get acess to that later?

August 17th, 4:09 pm

I don’t think there’s been any announcement on R3 Beta access outside of SOCOM 4 purchasers and Plus access. If that changes, the Blog will be the first place to break it; so as always, stay tuned.

Budapesti said:

August 17th, 3:20 pm

I’ve actually been to the seaside in Glamorgan. If the Chimera blew the place to kingdom come, it’d be hard to tell the difference.

MalGanis-DL said:

August 17th, 3:23 pm

im so booooooored with the R3 beta now, i can wait for the full game

Nando_lavras said:

August 17th, 3:36 pm

August is not my month…. nothing I like …

August 17th, 4:10 pm

I’m pretty excited for SF3 and The Baconing. No, this is not a shameless plug for PSN PLAY, lol

YungShep said:

August 17th, 3:38 pm

@4 KevCity89 U must of quit playing it, its been patched up to 2.02 now and everything works normally now. no lag, no disconnect, nothing, just epic MP Beta gameplay!!! its awesome, its also a tease to see the 3D and move options and cant even use it —–_____—— lol but its ok.

KINGstarBUDDY said:

August 17th, 3:43 pm

the spawns are kind of messed up. i kill a guy, and he spawns right behind me

dpedfan15 said:

August 17th, 3:44 pm

CRASH BASH PS1 GAME PLEASE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

CrimsonNemo said:

August 17th, 3:50 pm

For the Genesis Collection Titles, when is Sonic 3 coming out?

August 17th, 4:10 pm

I don’t believe Sonic 3 was part of the Genesis Collection that was announced for PS Plus back in Feb. I believe it will end with Altered Beast, but that’s not to say that Sonic 3 won’t happen. Just don’t have any info on it at this time.

Thebig444 said:

August 17th, 3:52 pm

Assassins creed shoud do like uncharted. Make it for plus onli to start then open it to all of us. Or but odes in a other game. It would permite a larger adiance to give there opinion about te game. Anyway, your call playstation

I cant wait for november 15 (viva assassins creed)

Dayed said:

August 17th, 3:53 pm

so no free stuff besides the betas cool…

cwsluke said:

August 17th, 3:57 pm

Hey, so far I have had my PS3 on auto update for the past three-four days and it has not downloaded/uploaded any game updates, trophy info or game saves.
And yes I was offline at the time I have it set to turn on. Just wondering if i’m doing somthing wrong?

cwsluke said:

August 17th, 3:59 pm

typo ^ something*

R-KaDian said:

August 17th, 4:02 pm

Sweet. I saw a lot Resistance 3 beta gameplay because I thought i could only get it through socom 4 codes. But now all we have to do is wait til Tuesday and get it off plus. I thought i would never play the beta because i needed a code. Was a code for early access? Correct me if I’m wrong.

Shadow-Man_4 said:

August 17th, 4:02 pm

I’m pretty pleased by PS Plus so far, I’m new to it, subscribed this week, and things are looking good so far.

1) I’d like more FREE avatars and dynamic themes. I’m really happy to see an avatar bundle for free in September, good work, I hope there are more to come.

2) Please, when you bring us the monthly games, choose games which are both new and successful. Crash Commando isn’t bad, but it’s too old. Nearly nobody plays it now, but it’s pretty good. I would really like games like Burnout Paradise. Those heavy games that are worth playing. Oh, and please please please try to give us inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood for free, I;m a huge inFAMOUS fan and would like to take advantage of my PS Plus subscription to get something like this for free when it releases. If that isn’t possible, atleast give us a discount on first party titles you release.

3) Add more DLC packs for free. I wished I could get some free stuff for inFAMOUS 2, like the DLC packs that were released yesterday. I’d also like to see free DLC packs as soon as they release, exactly like what you did with the Killzone 3 DLC, as soon as it was released, you gave it out to us for free.

Shadow-Man_4 said:

August 17th, 4:02 pm

BTW, is the Street Fighter avatar bundle free?

buenabena3 said:

August 17th, 4:09 pm

men hey morgan can u give me a free month of PS Plus so that i can play the betas

August 17th, 4:12 pm

well…you can get a free 30 Day trial if you pick up the new PS3 infamous 2 bundle that was just announced…so there’s that ; ) will only cost you the lovely new price of $249.

all joking aside, no freebies from me, sorry!

wolfzero1 said:

August 17th, 4:11 pm

not too sure if I want to try the Resistance 3 Multiplayer Beta as I probably won’t be playing it when I get the game, but I’m looking forward to trying out the Assassin’s Creed one

JKar275 said:

August 17th, 4:14 pm

I’m glad to see the free beta access to R3 & AC:R. However, we PS+ subscribers should be getting early access to demos for upcoming games such as: Warhammer 40K: Space Marine, Deus EX: Human Revolution, White Knight Chronicles 2, X-Men: Destiny, Rage, Batman: Arkham City, Lord of the Rings: War in the North, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Dragon’s Dogma, Twisted Metal, and Starhawk.

I agree with poster #40 that we should only be getting new & successful games for our free monthly games & not games like Crash Commando.

TuttiCicero said:

August 17th, 4:29 pm

Looking forward to the AC: Revelations beta!

Kchow23 said:

August 17th, 4:34 pm

Some more free add-on would be great specially for more recent games and newer PSN games would be great also. Kind of getting tired of the Minis… A space shooters for $2 was great, but other than that it has been going downhill rather quickly.

beetlegossip said:

August 17th, 4:47 pm

I loved the OMG-Z free mini! That game kept me busy for 3 days, and I finally beat it :D. Now i’m working on downloading the free 60-minute full game Far Cry® 2. I’m excited to see what this game is about since i’ve heard great things about it.

Thanks for the great content you guys roll out on the PlayStation®Store!

SpyDudeFX said:

August 17th, 4:49 pm

Morgan that bundle is $299 lol ;)

August 17th, 6:03 pm

i know i realized as soon as i posted my comment, but there’s not backsies when it comes to posting a comment on here (at least not from my end)

Versitle2 said:

August 17th, 4:57 pm

the Resistance beata is realy awseome caint waite for 9/6/11 im soo excited to get my hands on that Little Big Planet dynmanic theme tho

ubetter said:

August 17th, 5:08 pm

Playstation plus is such a good deal, I tell my friends all the time. While they jerk around thinking about it , I’m getting betas and free games= more trophies for me!!!!!!!! Really excited for a new resistance game! Sony keep up the great work, xbox watch out!!! 2011 is sony’s year

PAGE 1 2 3