Minecraft PS4

Coming to PlayStation Plus: Resistance 3 Multiplayer Beta and Assassin’s Creed: Revelations Multiplayer Beta

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Aug 17, 2011 // Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

PlayStation Plus is heating up in August with exclusive access to some of the most anticipated Fall releases including Resistance 3 and Assassin’s Creed: Revelations!

With the 8/23 Store Update, Plus subscribers will have access to some of the multiplayer battlegrounds in Resistance 3 with the Multiplayer Beta, which includes two major maps in the game: the Seaside of Glamorgan, Wales, and the Trainyard in Bogota, Colombia. Be one of the first to get your hands on this breakthrough FPS experience.

With a special 9/3 Store publish, Plus subscribers will have access to the spectacular cat and mouse gameplay that makes up Assassin’s Creed: Revelations’ multiplayer modes via the Beta. Get access to 3 maps, 9 characters, and 4 modes of undercover assassin action.

Lastly, the PlayStation Network PLAY event is in full effect with the release of Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition on 8/23 20% off in Plus. The Baconing, BloodRayne: Betrayal, and Renegade Ops will continue to be available for pre-order with a 20% discount for Plus as well. That’s Day 1 discounts, people!

Check out the full outlook of content hitting for 8/23 and 8/30 Store Updates, and as always, let us know your feedback in the comments.

blogpost_comingsoon_081711

Here is the content list for August 23rd and August 30th

Free BETA Access: Resistance 3 Multiplayer Beta, Aug 23
Assassin’s Creed: Revelations Multiplayer Beta, Sep 3
Free Minis: I Must Run!, Aug 23
Free Dynamic Theme: LittleBigPlanet “Sackboy on the Run”, Aug 23
PSN PLAY Discounts: Street Fighter III Third Strike: Online Edition, $11.99
The Baconing, $11.99
BloodRayne: Betrayal, $11.99
Renegade Ops, $11.99
Discounts: MotorStorm Apocalypse Premiere Pack Bundle, $1.04, Aug 23
Wakeboarding HD, $3.99, Aug 30
Exclusive Avatar Bundle: Street Fighter 3 Third Strike Online Edition Avatar Bundle, Aug 23
Section 8: Prejudice PSN Avatar Pack (10 Avatars), Sep 3, Free

+ Kamikaze_Mexican on August 17th, 2011 at 5:23 pm said:

hurrah!!!!! time to buy another year of playstation+

+ Mazz0928 on August 17th, 2011 at 5:41 pm said:

At least this makes me happy that psn auto renewed my subscription for 3 months. Here’s hoping for some more great goodies every tuesday.

+ cart0onnightmare on August 17th, 2011 at 5:59 pm said:

what really grinds my gears, is that the UK PSN has had the Resistance 3 beta for 2 weeks now, and not only that, but on the PS Store update for them, they added Dead Space 1&2 . why cant the US get those as well, i spend enough money on the PSN already, i just really want to buy Deadspace 1&2 on the PSN. also do you know if Playstation will be doing a digital copy of Battlefield 3?

+ Helm_of_Darkness on August 17th, 2011 at 6:18 pm said:

Is there any chance it will come to regular PSN users? I just can’t get PS+ at the moment :( Guess I’ll have to miss out on these. :((

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on August 18th, 2011 at 12:11 pm said:

No news on these Betas coming to non Plus members; however the AC: R Beta is available to uplay members. This is Ubisoft’s own program that you can sign up for.

+ thekylekurtz on August 17th, 2011 at 6:44 pm said:

Can’t wait for the Assassin’s Creed Revelations Multiplayer Beta. My God plus is finally worth it.

+ IVAN_COMPARAN on August 17th, 2011 at 6:50 pm said:

Dear Morgan Haro,

I pre-ordered Battlefield 3 & MW3 any news on what else were ganna get i know its random me saying this but i haven’t heard anything about it yet.

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on August 18th, 2011 at 12:10 pm said:

Sorry, don’t have any news on these titles

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on August 17th, 2011 at 6:56 pm said:

Pretty horrible update. No new PS3 Legacy or PS1 classics. BTW US is the only region that hasn’t received Need For Speed Hot Pursuit and EU just got Dead Space and Dead Space 2 on their store…..

+ hush404 on August 17th, 2011 at 7:19 pm said:

I have a headache, anyone wanna send me some pancakes?

+ Taco_Grande on August 17th, 2011 at 8:13 pm said:

Hey hey hey

Mr. Morgan Haro

For what it is worth to you; good job. It is so nice to see feed back in the forums, and you appear to be the only one that will post a reply more than once (if at all) compared to everyone else at Sony. It would be a nice change of pace to see some of the “difficult” issues actually addressed or commented by you or anyone else. Though I know you guys have to avoid them, just cause you aint gonna be able to make everyone happy.

Cheers, my friend.

-Taco Grande

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on August 18th, 2011 at 12:13 pm said:

Thanks for the support; we’ll always address the topics that we’re ready to talk to =)

+ Taco_Grande on August 17th, 2011 at 8:14 pm said:

13 replys so far, man. He’s a champ !!

+ vorcia on August 17th, 2011 at 8:17 pm said:

Been playing R3
That 9 killstreak weapon
That Auger
Those upgrades

+ Permafry_42 on August 17th, 2011 at 8:29 pm said:

Any Ratchet and Clank All 4 One betas or demos going to go one BEFORE launch? I think you can tell by the amount of R&C avatars that you have a lot of insomniac fans here that are eager to play Ratchet and Clank before release as well as Resistance =D

+ crowsticky1234 on August 17th, 2011 at 8:37 pm said:

This is why I like Playstation Plus. Keep it up, Sony. One problem, I haven’t seen that much free PS1 classics this time around. Before I ever got into PS Plus, there were alot of free PS1 classics. Now, there’s alot of free miniS and sometimes I don’t like playing miniS games but some of them are worth playing.

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on August 18th, 2011 at 3:05 pm said:

Hmm, we’ve been pretty consistent at 1 PSOne classic per month if you take a look back. This month’s was Destruction Derby. We always plan out content for Plus on a monthly basis. but these posts look at stuff coming every two weeks. So sometimes just based on the time of month, there may not be a PSOne Classic to speak to.

+ marlyt on August 17th, 2011 at 8:57 pm said:

My gosh. One week until we get a new decent game (Deus Ex). R3 beta has been nothing short of awesomesauce and if anyone bailed after week one because matchmaking was broken, come back. Very different. Very fixed. Very awesome.

One a side note…why doesn’t some game studio step up and release a game in the summer? Every boy and girl under 18 is home full time and the market is a barren monopoly. If the game was a 7 or higher on a 10 scale they could have great market penetration, or sell a boat load.

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on August 18th, 2011 at 3:06 pm said:

Summer for me though is also a good time to catch up on games; for example, I’m finally getting around to playing LA Noire at the moment. But I see your point. Catherine and Shadows of the Damned scratched that summer time gaming itch for me.

+ Kirkpad on August 17th, 2011 at 9:26 pm said:

Just when everyone starts enjoying PS+, I feel more disappointed by it. However, I can’t deny the constant supply of free themes and mini’s (most of which are pretty high quality handheld games).

+ DazeOfWar on August 17th, 2011 at 9:43 pm said:

Why are my comments not showing up?

+ DazeOfWar on August 17th, 2011 at 9:44 pm said:

I type up bunch of stuff up and it didn’t show up.

+ RXFireball on August 17th, 2011 at 11:01 pm said:

Very stoked for the AC:R beta. I played a pretty good amount of the AC:B beta and enjoyed the fresh multiplayer, even though my ISP held me back a bit. Looking forward to seeing how things got tweaked.

+ that-acmilan-guy on August 17th, 2011 at 11:17 pm said:

I can’t buy any of those psn pre-order games as i am .49$ short :(

+ homeboy79 on August 18th, 2011 at 1:47 am said:

@Morgan @27 From my resistance.net: “The beta will be posted publicly and free-to-all on the PSN Store on August 30th, for one final weekend of playing!”

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on August 18th, 2011 at 3:08 pm said:

sweet!

+ KongWen on August 18th, 2011 at 5:22 am said:

I’m glad to see a PSmini that I actually wanted and was going to pay for but then decided to wait because I thought it might be free with PS+ eventually. :)

+ T40Rs731N on August 18th, 2011 at 6:08 am said:

Final Fantasy IV the Complete Collection is coming when?

+ kingkranz on August 18th, 2011 at 6:30 am said:

Resistance 3 MP beta sucks and I am considering canceling my pre order. The controls and gameplay are way out of date. COD destroys this game.

+ Fre4king_Perf3ct on August 18th, 2011 at 6:38 am said:

haha gonna join next week to ps plus(:

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on August 22nd, 2011 at 3:34 pm said:

We’re coming up on that week; friendly reminder! ; )

+ JonJonXD on August 18th, 2011 at 6:45 am said:

Dear Morgan Haro,

I’ve asked this a few times already, but it would be great to get an answer ;)

As for the PS PLAY games, will they (or can they if they aren’t planned to be) pushed to our PS3s via the Automatic Download function for us PS+ members?

Thanks.

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on August 18th, 2011 at 3:09 pm said:

That’s not planned in at this time. Your pre-order snags you the bonus theme for the game; but you’ll need to download it from the Store on the day of release. The feature of pre-ordering is still young, so that’s great feedback! There may be some technical limitations in place but good to look in to.

+ percast2 on August 18th, 2011 at 7:27 am said:

Excited for teh Betas :B

+ sazonsombra69 on August 18th, 2011 at 9:21 am said:

Sony you continue to disappoint with playstation plus, I was ready to say I’m not RE:subscribing my year membership after the first month, these are weak perks for the money we put in, never see a great free game given, always a flop one. put a full game that used to be disc based thats now digital free eventually. or top downloaded game every now and then.

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on August 18th, 2011 at 3:13 pm said:

Thanks for the feedback. We’re always looking at the program to ensure that your $4/month (based on the annual membership) is going to features, content, and discounts that will make your $$ go as far as they can. Sorry to hear that it’s not quite your cup of tea yet, but rest assured, we’re listening and naturally, it’s our goal to turn that frown upside down. (don’t hurt me for using that phrase plz.)

+ Falandrias on August 18th, 2011 at 11:03 am said:

will r3 beta be available for non-plus members also?

+ Dirkadirka1876 on August 18th, 2011 at 11:31 am said:

So….of all the games the PS3 has, Sony chooses those 4 for the start of the play campaign?? Hey SONY, don’t think I forgot about that whole Month without the network or the fact you were not protecting all of my personal information.

+ WelmoscaBR on August 18th, 2011 at 12:33 pm said:

Oh great!!!…I just want to thank you guys…to make this available to who isnt PSPlus…Dear God…in the time when BETA of Uncharted was launched I was PSPlus but they made for who isnt too…thats is why I love uncharted…oh also Killzone too.

+ ToDDLeS_1982 on August 18th, 2011 at 8:54 pm said:

I have been satisfied with Plus since I started back in Feb. of this year. The value is there for me… especially the old system games that I grew up with and can now easily share with my kids. Keep up the good work on content Sony! I also love Section 8: Prejudice! Digging the free avatars coming! Quick Question, Is there any idea on when the frontier pack for S8:Prejudice will be available on PSN?

+ JonJonXD on August 19th, 2011 at 9:04 am said:

Dear Morgan Haro,

Thank you for the reply. It’s great to know that we finally have someone who actively responds to our comments on the blog.

+ R-KaDian on August 19th, 2011 at 3:27 pm said:

I don’t know how i lost my access to getting anything off plus. I really want the resistance 3 beta but now i don’t know what to do :(

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on August 22nd, 2011 at 3:37 pm said:

Sounds like your subscription lapsed? If you think there’s an issue with your Plus access when there should not be, contact Customer Service. But if your sub has lapsed, then you’ll need to re-up your subscription.

+ FlameMonsterSeaN on August 19th, 2011 at 6:12 pm said:

hopefully the multiplayer is decent

+ CHELEKLK24 on August 19th, 2011 at 7:32 pm said:

mi primer comment my first comment

+ forsaken_life on August 20th, 2011 at 3:08 pm said:

i would kill for need for speed underground 2 to be in psn store with online racing,i’m fed up with fps

+ Jwezzy on August 20th, 2011 at 4:02 pm said:

To Camaargo n Morgan on R3 beta

I received an e-mail from Resistance website saying that all PSN users will be able to download the beta a week after PS Plus users. I believe people that reserved SC4 or R3 from Amazon r already trying beta this week.

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on August 22nd, 2011 at 3:38 pm said:

Thanks for the info!

+ John-Shooter on August 22nd, 2011 at 10:21 pm said:

again.. nothing jaw dropping.. prob wont be playing resistance 3 online since i’ll probably be buying it used and same for assassin’s creed.. didnt care that much for the multiplayer on both title’s

you guys got till the end of my sub still to make it worth re-sub’n.. the last few weeks have been a drag.. i’ve hardly touched my ps3 aside from maybe a few killzone 3 games and socom 4 matches here and there..

your tryin to draw in new users but your forgettin about the people that bought ps3′s when no one wanted them

+ S_C_U_M_B_A_G on August 22nd, 2011 at 10:24 pm said:

scumbeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezy !!!

+ Getsum_11 on August 23rd, 2011 at 6:29 am said:

Ready to play the R3 beta starting today! Two weeks until the real deal. Going to be a blast.

+ sucidekings on August 23rd, 2011 at 8:41 am said:

another lie from sony its the 23 no resistance 3 beta get your freaking dates right sony.

+ Gokuichigo on August 23rd, 2011 at 10:08 am said:

Ok so today is august 23 but the resistance 3 beta is not up on the playstation store I’m a PS Plus Suscriber does any one know when I can download the beta and start playing?

+ philanator5000 on August 23rd, 2011 at 10:12 am said:

no resistance 3 beta on the 23… well yet .. i bet it’s going to be accessible at 23:59.. just to piss us off .. lol

+ Dirtyhands on August 23rd, 2011 at 10:27 am said:

Today is R3 beta looking forward to see if the multiplayer scheme has gone back to regular Resistance. R2 was a let down for me due to the class scheme (felt like i was playing C.O.D. with aliens). Hopefully R3 holds up to the hype of all the developers, gaming sites, and Playstation says it to be…In a few hours time will tell….

+ Dirtyhands on August 23rd, 2011 at 12:48 pm said:

Ok what’s the hold up for R3 beta?

+ Dirtyhands on August 23rd, 2011 at 2:05 pm said:

Downloading has begun for R3, thank you PlayStation Store…

+ southparkmayor on August 24th, 2011 at 6:58 pm said:

You should have the GTA: Trilogy HD for PS3 with San Andreas, vice city, and III for download and retail. You would sell millions in less than a month. San andreas sold over 17 million on PS2. God of war 1 and 2 got HDfiyed and put on the market for PS3.

+ djwille88 on August 25th, 2011 at 8:57 am said:

TBO, I think the beta kinda blows. There’s something about the character animations that just bug the hell out of me. Gun’s feel weak and floaty..visually doesn’t really look that good either. I like my shooters dark and dirty…ala Killzone 2 style. Plus no custom games? This one’s a pass. I sure hope BF3 is good…because the shooter’s that have come out this year have been duds.

+ BLU-RAY__ on August 25th, 2011 at 1:12 pm said:

i cant wait for assassins creed

+ lastcall416 on September 6th, 2011 at 12:05 am said:

So i got the 1 yr Pplus package and I have too say im really loving it, AC:R multi player beta :D just started playing AC:B not too long ago and this new one is sucking me in i love the combat and chase system :)