PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One gamescom Trailer

Brandon Winfrey's Avatar + Posted by Brandon Winfrey on Aug 17, 2011 // Community Intern, Insomniac Games

Fun fact of the day: Trailers used to be shown at the end of a movie. Hence the name trailer. Because it trailed the mov- you know what, you probably got it. Eventually, the marketing people woke up and realized that no one sticks around after a film, so they moved it to the beginning. However, the name “trailer” stuck. Probably because the name “beginnier” is lamer than my 17th birthday (it involved a gluten-free cake and a Pauly Shore marathon – you do the math).

Nowadays, marketing people have gotten even savvier. You can watch a trailer – on the internet! Now you don’t have to drain your 401k watching Jason Statham punch various objects and/or people just to get a glimpse at the trailer for whatever beacon of enjoyable entertainment that’s on the horizon. For instance, just by pressing that little triangle directly north of this text – you can see a new trailer for Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One. In it, you’ll get a taste of all the mischievous co-op action that awaits you in our latest entry in this esteemed franchise. You can play nice with your three other friends, sure…but who doesn’t have the occasional urge to launch one of them off a cliff? It’s all in good (and sometimes painful) fun!

Plus, you get a peek at the dynamically dysfunctional group made up of Ratchet, Clank, Qwark, and Dr. Nefarious. These guys aren’t exactly the closest of friends, so pitting them to work together produces an endless stream of not-so-amiable (albeit hilarious) banter. They’re like the Odd Couple – only there are four of them and they have explosive weaponry – and of course one of them is an evil robot.

So go ahead – click it – and be trailerized.

Done being trailerized? Sweet! Now be sure to pick up Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One when it releases on October 18th. You can also register at www.ratchetandclank.com to get some free PSN Avatars, Home t-shirts and Static Theme! Also, be sure to follow Insomniac Games’ Twitter and Facebook page for all the latest information on the game. And who knows – we could even drop some more fun facts of the day. Knowledge get!

+ bbonds_007 on August 17th, 2011 at 7:26 am said:

Give me Starhawk or give me death!

+ Veridis_Quo on August 17th, 2011 at 7:26 am said:

A game all about co-op meant to play with 4 people. This is one of my most anticipated games this year!

+ Brandon Winfrey on August 17th, 2011 at 10:09 am said:

Ya-Yo! Thanks for being a fan! You won’t be disappointed. It’s co-op goodness to the max!

+ Ivan_MF on August 17th, 2011 at 7:28 am said:

Nice! ˆˆ
Looking forward to it!

Will it be avaiable for ps store download?

+ Cristian Cardona on August 17th, 2011 at 9:19 am said:

Nope. Retail only!

+ StormTimber on August 17th, 2011 at 7:32 am said:

“Hey look, plumbers crack! oops, i mean hey the plumbers back!” lol

i played almost every ratchet and clank game ever made! cant wait to get my hands on this!

+ Brandon Winfrey on August 17th, 2011 at 10:33 am said:

The Plumber = One of my favorite characters from the series. I’m so happy he’s back! I’m sure you are, too!

+ SpyDudeFX on August 17th, 2011 at 7:43 am said:

The code gives 4 Home virtual hats not tshirts unless that’s a new code?

+ Cristian Cardona on August 17th, 2011 at 9:20 am said:

My mistake! Hats. We’ll talk about shirts later =)

+ percast2 on August 17th, 2011 at 7:49 am said:

Nice update

+ NoGodsOnlyMan on August 17th, 2011 at 8:09 am said:

that was a thing of beauty

2 questions?

is there online matchmaking? and how will it work

Any chance to apply there play/create/share system of LBP and Infamous 2?

+ Cristian Cardona on August 17th, 2011 at 1:18 pm said:

#1 – More on that very soon!
    #2 – No.

+ ProSoldier14 on August 17th, 2011 at 8:11 am said:

Oh snap Brandon’s posting on the PS Blog now haha.

+ Brandon Winfrey on August 17th, 2011 at 11:24 am said:

And about Ratchet & Clank! Life Trophy Unlocked!

+ Zezzler on August 17th, 2011 at 8:14 am said:

Free avatars!? I’m in! What do i have to do?

+ GeneralChaz9 on August 17th, 2011 at 8:22 am said:

Ratchet and Clank HD Collection? And I’m excited for this!

+ MaxxAmmo on August 17th, 2011 at 8:33 am said:

Pauly Shore marathon? I always imagined that’s what hell is like! I’d rather have my teeth pulled without anesthesia.

Not to change the channels too much but Crackle is a great product from Sony. Why is it not in the XMB? Make a little App for it so it’s right in the same area as Netflix, cause now that Netflix is charging extra for Instant Streaming content I’m sure more PS3 users would go to Crackle which is FREE!

+ JLP_M on August 17th, 2011 at 8:36 am said:

I’m glad more games are coming out where 4 people can play at once :)

I think its better localy than mutliplayer on games this but they can both be fun!

+ sekaniy on August 17th, 2011 at 8:41 am said:

Day one purchase and I have Mr Zurkon bonus pre-order. It will probably be a lot better than people think.

+ JLP_M on August 17th, 2011 at 8:46 am said:

So I tried to regester but the captcha isn’t showing.

+ colonel005 on August 17th, 2011 at 8:46 am said:

Amazing trailer. Can’t wait for the game!
Please release it on the PSN

+ Shadow-Man_4 on August 17th, 2011 at 9:27 am said:

Looking forward to any Ratchet and Clank game after A Crack in Time, that was hell of an awesome game!

+ Airwalkinman17 on August 17th, 2011 at 9:27 am said:

Awesome trailer! 4 player offline/online mix and match FTW people!!! Can’t wait. Get a group of gamers together, this game, and BAM- INSTAPARTY!!!!!!!!! :D

+ Brandon Winfrey on August 17th, 2011 at 10:18 am said:

Oh ya! Maybe we should have named it “Ratchet & Clank: INSTAPARTY!” :D

+ tazmania91 on August 17th, 2011 at 9:30 am said:

Would it be possible to create our own levels, like LittleBigPlanet ? If not, could it be possible to do it via a patch or DLC ?

+ Zezzler on August 17th, 2011 at 9:43 am said:

For some reason the Captcha is not showing. I’ve tried everything from clearing my cashe to my cookies, and it still is just showing up as a broken image. Is there something wrong with the site or is it an issue on my end still?

+ Cristian Cardona on August 17th, 2011 at 10:04 am said:

I’ll have our guys look into it!

+ Cristian Cardona on August 17th, 2011 at 12:33 pm said:

Should be up now!

+ GiorgiPorgie on August 17th, 2011 at 10:01 am said:

Oooh, is that the Joy Formidable I hear. Nice song choice, Insomniac. Excited for All 4 One.

+ TarzanSr on August 17th, 2011 at 10:22 am said:

Wow at first I thought this game would be really bad, but now I am actually kind of excited for this game. Maybe I missed it in the article but what is the release date? And will it be available on the PS Store like later (After it’s been in retails for months?).

+ Cristian Cardona on August 17th, 2011 at 10:32 am said:

Coming October 18th, 2011!
    No current plans for the PS Store.

+ thekillermiller on August 17th, 2011 at 10:23 am said:

Animation looks amazing, Character models superb, Environments OOOOOHHHHH LA LA! Where do I insert my 60 bucks?

+ Cristian Cardona on August 17th, 2011 at 10:33 am said:

You can insert $5 at a retailer to pre order it =)
    We’ll take the other $55 + tax on the 18th of October ;)

+ homeboy79 on August 17th, 2011 at 10:28 am said:

Nice post, B! Congrats!

+ Mercenary09 on August 17th, 2011 at 10:50 am said:

Hey guys, any plans for a beta for this?

+ theXecutioner on August 17th, 2011 at 11:19 am said:

LAAAAAAWREEEEEENCE!!!

Cough…now that I’ve gotten that out of the way: The Plumber’s back! I’m a little concerned at how close that wrench was to Quark’s face though.

Also, would you give your art team mad props for me please. Every Ratchet & Clank game looks gorgeous, and not just from a technical sense. The art direction in each game is superb. Some of the best atmosphere around.

Enjoy your day Insomniacs.

+ Brandon Winfrey on August 17th, 2011 at 11:23 am said:

Will do! The North Carolina studio has really outdone themselves to create a beautiful and unique art direction for the game. Thanks for the support!

+ Daimomaru on August 17th, 2011 at 12:28 pm said:

My gamer dream has always been to see a ratchet and clank game where one of the planets you visist is earth. It would be cool to see something like that! Anyways this game is day one for me.

+ ReptileHand on August 17th, 2011 at 12:39 pm said:

I was a little disappointed when you guys announced this game instead of another beautiful single player one but this actually feels like another Ratchet and Clank game and looks even better. As the months went on I kinda started watching the videos and started following this game and this actually looks like a great installment to the series! I love co-op so much, whether it be Borderlands, Uncharted, or Portal 2. Co-op really has made a comeback and I can’t wait to try this out. I wonder how long the fun will last though? I don’t want anything spoiled, but will there be something to keep us playing when the credits roll? I’m a little bit eager for this game now. I don’t think I can manage to buy this day one right now, just like with Resistance 3 (I want that necklace!) . The wacky animations, loud yelling, and lush environments make this a definite buy for me.

- You are one of my favorite video game companies, keep up the good work Insomniac.

+ SlipKrit on August 17th, 2011 at 12:42 pm said:

JAT narrating trailer :)

This game looks so amazing and hilarious. i cant wait to buy it.

+ ReptileHand on August 17th, 2011 at 1:03 pm said:

Who doesn’t love free stuff? I tried registering on the Ratchet and Clank site but the Captcha seems to be missing. I’ll try again tomorrow?

+ ReptileHand on August 17th, 2011 at 1:05 pm said:

Uh oh, now when I click *Register* is says I’ve already registered and I gives me the Promotional Code. Problem is, there’s no promotional code there! it just shows two Quote symbols D:

man…

+ SoAmped on August 17th, 2011 at 1:08 pm said:

Great trailer made me laugh!

I already got a posse together :)

I <3 Insomniac

+ colonel005 on August 17th, 2011 at 1:28 pm said:

Sorry if this has been asked before. Will this game support multiple PSN logins. (Each player with his own PSN ID)?

+ gamepro300 on August 17th, 2011 at 2:21 pm said:

Yeah the website is pretty messed up. I couldnt see the capcha then i exited out and reloaded the page and it said thanks for registering and gave me a blank promotinal code. Any way this could be fixed? I was really hopying to get the free stuff.

+ SoleAddict23 on August 17th, 2011 at 2:27 pm said:

I love Ratchet & Clank games! and this game has the great, all powerful four player offline co-op multiplayer! and even better offline and online mix! if this game is just as good or better than the previous R&C’s which I have no doubt it will be, I will definetly buy! as long as it doesn’t have online pass that is.

Yes, multiple PSN logins would be great and are a must!

+ fabris77 on August 17th, 2011 at 3:14 pm said:

GREAT trailer! Can’t wait!

+ Stellazira on August 17th, 2011 at 4:22 pm said:

Haha! That was great! :D

+ ReptileHand on August 17th, 2011 at 5:18 pm said:

Update: It works now! Thanks for the goodies bag =D

+ Cristian Cardona on August 18th, 2011 at 3:51 pm said:

Woohoo! Spread the word =)

+ ClassicSpyroFan on August 17th, 2011 at 6:26 pm said:

This trailer literally made me “laugh out loud”. I love how this r&c game focuses more on hummer and game play than the last few games (not that they weren’t awesome). I’m for sure getting this when it comes out asap. Keep up the good work insomniac!!!

+ Zeo784 on August 17th, 2011 at 7:04 pm said:

Man this trailer just made me want this game even more and I didn’t think that possible.

+ Rival_31 on August 17th, 2011 at 7:21 pm said:

Trailers like this make me sad.

Only because it reminds me of how the game isn’t out yet.

+ WelmoscaBR on August 17th, 2011 at 8:52 pm said:

Man this thing of give so many stuff free…man this is pure awesomeness…I cant believe…I would love if all developers give at least amazing avatars like you guys are giving for us and above all for FREE…thank you guys…I will get ratchet for sure cuz since PS2 I am a huge fan.

+ Butters360 on August 17th, 2011 at 10:49 pm said:

Another amazing trailer. Game looks superb!

+ RobertDawson on August 20th, 2011 at 8:42 pm said:

cant wait for the games release ratchet and clank has always been my favorite series and i know this game will be epic