PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

UNCHARTED 3 at gamescom: Airstrip Sequence Revealed

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar + Posted by Rey Gutierrez on Aug 18, 2011 // Senior Social Media Specialist

Like UNCHARTED

If you were one of the hundreds of thousand of fans that tuned into our E3 2011 PlayStation press conference, you may have caught Naughty Dog’s Community Strategist Arne Meyer give viewers a full demo of UNCHARTED 3’s cruise ship sequence, a tense scenario that married technical prowess and high action as Drake struggled to escape the doomed vessel.

Today, Naughty Dog has returned with another epic reveal. Arne and I discuss the challenges behind keeping UNCHARTED 3 as spoiler-free as possible, and how specific sequences are deliberately designed to reveal new game mechanics, story and characters at specific milestones in the game’s development process.

Watch it above, and let us know what you think in the comments below.

46 Comments

+ DZORMAGEN on August 18th, 2011 at 10:05 am said:

This game is going to be AMAZING!

+ EvoAnubis on August 18th, 2011 at 11:00 am said:

Most anticipated game this year; the beta just left me wanting MORE!

+ Sephir007 on August 18th, 2011 at 11:04 am said:

SOLD X 9000!!! 8P 8)

+ CoreConspiracy on August 18th, 2011 at 11:11 am said:

What #1 said!

+ jecs90 on August 18th, 2011 at 11:11 am said:

Awesome!

+ jecs90 on August 18th, 2011 at 11:18 am said:

So we r going to have a demo or something?

+ DOOMkillz on August 18th, 2011 at 11:19 am said:

can’t wait to use the creepy crawler kickback once i get U3!

+ jecs90 on August 18th, 2011 at 11:22 am said:

D gamescom is getting better each day!!!!!!!!!!!!!! preorder+gamestop=awesome item. YEAH!!!!!!!!!

+ DriftKing870 on August 18th, 2011 at 11:22 am said:

i have played 1&2 and they are amazing. i can not whate to play this one

+ TarzanSr on August 18th, 2011 at 11:36 am said:

I am exploding with excitement I want this game so bad. I would pay 100 dollars (at least) to get it now!

+ pickupdoctor on August 18th, 2011 at 11:36 am said:

Why do you even need a demo of Uncharted 3, just buy the game, you can demo it by buying Uncharted 1 and Uncharted 2.

I can’t wait to get my hands on it. I am actually planning on playing through the game in 2D and then doing it all over again in 3D. Is it NOVEMBER yet?

+ SoAmped on August 18th, 2011 at 11:47 am said:

I am taking off work and only playing Uncharted 3 when it comes out.
I will probably forget to eat….
This game looks beyond amazing!
75 more days till November 1st!

+ SnotRocket on August 18th, 2011 at 11:49 am said:

Silenced pistol? O RLY?

+ Trioptical on August 18th, 2011 at 12:14 pm said:

Ha. “Our box art is a crashed plane.”

+ DaveedT13 on August 18th, 2011 at 12:16 pm said:

Can’t wait, really can’t…god I’m 32 years old and I feel like a kid waiting for this game…! Didn’t play something better than Uncharted in the last 15 years at least!
The sequences are awesome!

+ that-acmilan-guy on August 18th, 2011 at 12:23 pm said:

That 6 minute live footage blew my **** mind, WOW!! I couldn’t tell which cinematic from gameplay LMAO!

+ lisatsunami on August 18th, 2011 at 12:27 pm said:

Thanks, Rey. Uncharted series is for Playstation what the Enterprise is to Star Fleet, the flagship. Not even arguable.

I’m going to buy a Bravia 3d when U3 drops, that’s how eagerly I’m anticipating this.

+ tellmehowtoblow on August 18th, 2011 at 12:36 pm said:

Sorry arne, but you are definitely not a “Community” Strategist…otherwise you would have said a word about the promised cash event and lab change in Uncharetd 2 but you didn’t! This is just a bad fail. Give us our cash event (it should have taken place 3 months ago) and everyone is happy!

And Uncharted 3 looks great!

+ slawson8 on August 18th, 2011 at 12:43 pm said:

Anyone notice the new gun: the KAL-7? It looks like an AK-74U.

+ banok on August 18th, 2011 at 12:54 pm said:

I have a question! Will there be jetpacks in the game, and if so, do you “Just strap it on and Go”?

+ blackghost826 on August 18th, 2011 at 1:34 pm said:

AAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWEEEEEEESSSSSSSOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ MarinoBrea on August 18th, 2011 at 1:43 pm said:

Nobody asks Naughty Dog this, but here it goes,

Do you feel (or believe) you have outdone yourself with this game? Would you, sincerely, say Uncharted 3 surpasses Uncharted 2?

If your answer is yes (which I bet it is, duh) tell us why? from a technical standpoint, game design standpoint, storytelling standpoint.

and, what would make this game worthy of as many or more awards than Uncharted 2′s got? How are you breaking new ground with this game compared to what Uncharted 2 did? Which things are better or work better this time around?

What “new” remarkable ingredients have you added to your formula (for those reading this, Uncharted 2 introduced traversal gameplay in a way that wasn’t done in a videogame before, big moving structures like the train, crumbling buildings, etc…and that’s just some of the numerous things in that game) In that respect, what would say it’s the most important key element for Uncharted 3?

+ Shadow-Man_4 on August 18th, 2011 at 1:44 pm said:

Great game!
I seriously can’t wait to get my hands on both the Campain and the Multiplayer (Especially the MP, the Beta rocked!).

By the way Arne, please be more active on Twitter, forums and throughout the community sites. Look at Insomniac devs, they answer almost every single comment about a question or issue they get. PLEASE Arne, respond to us, the fanbase! You’re a community startegist, your job is to interact with us!

+ Heisem on August 18th, 2011 at 3:33 pm said:

awesome!

+ buenabena3 on August 18th, 2011 at 4:33 pm said:

freaking cool game i hope i gt enough money to buy it cuz a whole lot of games are coming

+ CelticsLane20 on August 18th, 2011 at 4:49 pm said:

november 1st cant come soon enough!

+ Alyyse on August 18th, 2011 at 5:45 pm said:

a great birthday gift for me

+ Thebig444 on August 18th, 2011 at 7:00 pm said:

A great chrismas game for me

+ DevilSuicide on August 18th, 2011 at 7:10 pm said:

If Arne or anyone from Naughty Dog are reading this, just wanted to say…get ready for a ton of GOTY awards…again!!!!!!! And my cash, of course :P!

+ ToFeY on August 18th, 2011 at 7:19 pm said:

AAAAAAAAAA DAY ONE BUY FOR ME ;D
UNCHARTED 3 IS GOTY!

+ Neo-CTU on August 18th, 2011 at 8:10 pm said:

Uncharted 3 Epic, Epic, Epic

+ sscoolChea on August 18th, 2011 at 9:06 pm said:

I still wear the uncharted 2 t shirt religiously that they gave me for the private viewing 2 years ago .Took my fiance there and she was blown away .uncharted 2 on the big screen . hope they have something like that again. 11 1 11 uncharted 3 is going to be freakin amazing – 11 11 11 finally getting married .

+ Anik-28-Wrath on August 19th, 2011 at 12:19 am said:

obvious game of the year

+ Eric071896 on August 19th, 2011 at 6:49 am said:

U3 is a good action game but all shooter fans need to get MW3.

+ jkuc75sj on August 19th, 2011 at 6:57 am said:

@38 Stop trolling

Anyways, MY GOD I CANNOT WAIT FOR NOVEMBER!!! PREORDERING THIS!(IF POSSIBLE FOR ME)

+ WelmoscaBR on August 19th, 2011 at 8:31 am said:

I saw the demo live at conference…and By the Gods my reaction was woow just woow…I love Uncharted…and I need this game like I need breath.Day 1 its gonna be mine.

+ daniel0074u on August 19th, 2011 at 9:33 pm said:

this will be an awesome game

+ gammer_king89 on August 21st, 2011 at 2:44 pm said:

i hope this game is a 10 of 10

+ MeccaFlare0 on August 21st, 2011 at 6:14 pm said:

Day 1 the collectors edition will be in my hands for sure

+ mafiakiller777 on August 22nd, 2011 at 2:36 pm said:

great graphics + great story = THE BEST GAME EVER!

+ La_maravich_22 on September 16th, 2011 at 6:13 pm said:

Why yoy always make avaible more and better bundles to japan and europe and give no love to the american market? I think that you’re not exploiting the potential that would have first party bundles featuring different skins/paint jobs like xbox is doing with gears of war 3 and MW3 It really lets me down when I see the company I support to treat our region differently and offering us less content, goodies and products than the european and japanese market.

+ La_maravich_22 on September 16th, 2011 at 6:15 pm said: