PS4 - Destiny

Resistance 3 Trophy List: Bwing!

Brandon Winfrey's Avatar + Posted by Brandon Winfrey on Aug 19, 2011 // Community Intern, Insomniac Games

Resistance 3: Tommy

Bwing. Has there ever been a more beautiful sound than “bwing”? Until I release my rap album – I think not. There you are, furiously letting your fingers dance over the controller. Your health is low, but your hope is high. One last shot in the monsters eye and – BWING – you just earned a new Trophy. I don’t know about you, but I’m not used to hearing praise so I get as giddy as Gordon Freeman in a specialty crowbar store when I hear that glorious sound. It’s then I know that another Trophy has joined my wall of virtual pride.

Good news! On September 6th when Resistance 3 launches, my fellow Trophy hoarders and I will have the opportunity to hear the majestic “Bwing” 59 times! That means we’re guaranteed at least 59 more moments of pure joy. You can even get a Platinum Trophy. That’s a moment of super joy – I’m talking “Firefly gets a new season” joy. But getting there isn’t going to be a cake walk (which I don’t even know what that it is, but it sounds awesome). You’ve got 58 other “Bwings” to acquire before you can join the R3 Platinum Posse. Let’s see what some of my personal favorites are, shall we?

Resistance 3: Longlegs

SPOILER ALERT! This list contains multiple spoilers for Resistance 3. So, if you want the game to be fresher than a Febreze factory – avert your eyes now. Specifically, there are mention of an unrevealed weapon and a new type of Chimeran enemy. Go watch a funny cat video or something. Have you seen the one with the cat playing with the iPad? It’s hilarious. I highly recommend it. SPOILER ALERT!

Master Mechanic – Fully upgrade all weapons in Campaign Mode (Silver).

This makes me all giddy because it takes me back to my Ratchet roots. I spend hours fully upgrading my colorfully destructive arsenal upon every new Ratchet & Clank release, and now I can finally do it in the Resistance universe. Except this time, there’s tons of blood. Yayz!

Nothing But Net – Score a basket by lobbing a grenade through a basketball hoop (Bronze).

I’m not the biggest basketball fan, but maybe I would be if they used live grenades instead of rubber balls. However, since I don’t know of a health care plan that covers “grenade dunks,” this Trophy will have to suffice for the time being.

Silent Partner – Damage the same enemy in Cooperative Mode for 100 kills (Silver)

Did you hear that you can play through Resistance 3’s campaign cooperatively? No? Well, congratulations because now you have! Why don’t you celebrate by working with your co-op partner to take down 100 Chimera together? That’s at least 20 percent cooler than taking them down alone.

Slaybells – Make Santa and his reindeer fly (Bronze)

I don’t care what my psychologist tells me – Santa is real. Who else would eat my cookies? I’m an awful baker. Knowing he is real is what makes this trophy so hard to get. Let’s just say you don’t make him fly by singing songs of holiday cheer. Sorry, Santa. Can I still get a PS Vita for Christmas?

Brutal – Complete Campaign Mode on Superhuman (Gold)

I love this Trophy because I helped balance the Superhuman difficulty. I played it – it was really, really hard. My feedback? Make it harder. Have fun, kiddoes! Muahaha!

Those are just a few of my favorite trophies. But you don’t have to take my word for it. You can find your favorites when Resistance 3 is released on September 6th. Here’s a list of the full batch:

Bronze Trophies

This is My Rifle – Fully upgrade one weapon in Campaign Mode

Backstabber – Kill 20 enemies with Melee while they are idle

Toast – Use the upgraded Deadeye secondary fire to kill 2+ enemies 5 times

Counter-Sniper – Use the Deadeye to kill 20 snipers

Electric Avenue – Use the EMP to take down 25 drones

Warp Speed – Use the EMD secondary fire to kill 30 enemies

Feeling Lucky Punk – Detonate multiple Magnum rounds to kill 2+ enemies at once – 5 times

Fireworks – Use the Wildfire secondary fire to kill 6 enemies in one shot

Boom Stick – Use the upgraded Rossmore secondary fire to set 6 enemies on fire at once

Tag You’re It – Kill 40 Bullseye tagged enemies

Opportunity Knocks – Kill 20 enemies with environmental objects

Expert Sniper – Get 50 headshot kills in Campaign Mode

Collector – Collect 10 intel

Waste Not – Get 5 headshot kills with one Deadeye clip

Shoe Leather – Travel 100 miles on foot

Land, Sea, and Air – Travel in 3 different vehicles in your journey

Buckshot – Kill 2+ enemies with one Rossmore blast

Access Denied – Absorb 1000 damage with Auger Shields

From the Hip – Kill 25 enemies with the Bullseye or Marksman while moving

Chamber Full of Death – Kill 5+ Hybrids at once by using the HE .44 Magnum secondary fire

Helping Hands – Revive a Co-op player 20 times

Silver Trophies

Irresistible Force – Complete Campaign Mode on any difficulty

Master Mechanic – Fully upgrade all weapons in Campaign Mode

Archivalist – Collect all journals

Silent Partner – Damage the same enemy in Cooperative Mode for 100 kills

Gold Trophy

Brutal – Complete Campaign Mode on Superhuman

Platinum Trophy

Platinum Trophy – Unlock all Resistance 3 Trophies

Super Spoilers

(This is your last chance to leave unspoiled, amigo)

Short Out – Defeat the stalker in under 60 seconds

Bouncer – Keep Chimeran forces from entering the Brewpub

Calm Under Pressure – Defeat the Brawler in the Post Office in under 2 minutes

Snipe Hunt – Collect all Deadeye rifles without dying while fighting the Widowmaker in St. Louis

Roops! – Knock a Hybrid off the cliffs in Mt. Pleasant, PA

Frickin’ Laser Beams – Get to the first mineshaft without being hit by sniper fire

Vehicular Manslaughter – Destroy 10 Warden vehicles

Hello Driver – Kill 5 drivers without destroying their vehicle

BARF! – Make 6 Wardens puke at the same time in the prison

One Eyed Jack – Find and kill ‘Jack’ in Graterford Prison

No Escape – Destroy all Warden vehicles in the motor pool

In This Together – Defeat the Widowmaker in Times Square without killing a single Hybrid

Good Fences – Don’t allow any counter-attackers into the Washington Square base

Medusa – Freeze 5 enemies at once and destroy them with a blast of the Cryogun’s alt fire

Bull in a China Shop – Freeze and melee kill 3 Ravagers

End Spoiler-Thon

I haven’t been this excited about a list since my senior year musical cast list was put up (I was the best spoon Beauty and the Beast had ever seen). As you can see, Insomniac has made sure to give players just the right balance of fun and challenge when acquiring trophies. That makes each one immensely satisfying.

So, flex your thumbs, sanitize your controller and get ready to bwing on the “bwings.”

Now I wish there was a Trophy for using awful puns.

PAGE 1 2

+ Go_Buddie_Go on August 19th, 2011 at 1:12 pm said:

Minor complaint but I wish developers wouldn’t just name the Platinum trophy…. ‘Platinum trophy’ I believe it’s a chance for these guys to go to town with the final trophy the player unlocks and again it’s just a minor complaint.

+ deltakong on August 19th, 2011 at 1:39 pm said:

uggghhh to d*** easy! I miss the satisfaction from getting platinums in MAG and Killzone 2. but this is just not as challenging, and therefore far less rewarding. R2 had better trophies than this

+ FORMIK on August 19th, 2011 at 1:41 pm said:

What’s this nonsense about games not being true Resistance games? This looks as much of one as the previous two, and the only thing I could think people would gripe about was Insomniac trying a different method of weapon management instead of the weapon wheel. All three are Resistance games, and the third looks just as good if not better than the first two.

Those are a lot of bronze trophies. By the way, there definition given does validate what the author meant by “cake walk”.

+ JKar275 on August 19th, 2011 at 1:41 pm said:

No separate online co-op mode = dealbreaker.

+ KwietStorm on August 19th, 2011 at 1:46 pm said:

What the hell. There are no multiplayer trophies? Or are they just left off the list? This is a first person shooter, right?

+ drakerules09 on August 19th, 2011 at 1:54 pm said:

guess u will see the mult trophies for dlc

+ Airwalkinman17 on August 19th, 2011 at 1:54 pm said:

Arena mode?

+ jose213jose on August 19th, 2011 at 2:29 pm said:

Game theses day don’t make alot of Gold and sliver trophy’s; so why is there only 1 gold and some silver?
Bronze trophy’s are cool but i got to many of them :), i am gold / silver trophy hunter then bronze trophy hunter.

+ JLP_M on August 19th, 2011 at 2:31 pm said:

I usually don’t complain, but I’m sad how R3′s multiplayer turned out. Killstreaks, all the perks, upgrades. I just don’t like because one player is going to always have the advantage

+ Link01 on August 19th, 2011 at 2:31 pm said:

Curious, I think it’s great you can plat the game without multiplayer trophies * especially 10,000 kills … shivers * but do you guys plan on adding multiplayer trophies in the future updates? It does provide more incentive to play.

+ Realsvi on August 19th, 2011 at 2:53 pm said:

Looks platinumable, unlike R2 lol. Looking for ward to it.

+ jkuc75sj on August 19th, 2011 at 3:08 pm said:

Nice Valve games references

+ WelmoscaBR on August 19th, 2011 at 3:25 pm said:

Hey I read some trophies but I also watched the video of cat with iPAD and its very funny…haha…

+ GOTGAME78 on August 19th, 2011 at 4:10 pm said:

I smell an easy Platinum on the way, Btw… this game looks amazing first day buy for me.

+ wolfzero1 on August 19th, 2011 at 4:10 pm said:

nice to see that there aren’t any MP trophies, other than the 2 CO-OP ones.

+ KINGstarBUDDY on August 19th, 2011 at 4:13 pm said:

i like the up your arsenal trophy. nice reference.

+ Razeluxe on August 19th, 2011 at 4:22 pm said:

Love it already no multiplayer trophies <3

+ BlindMango on August 19th, 2011 at 5:31 pm said:

Hey, these trophies look fun! THANK YOU for NO multiplayer trophies, I HATE when those are in games. Well, multiplayer trophies are okay if they’re like “play 3 different game modes online” or “play multiplayer for an hour” but besides that, they are usually a pain. Can’t wait to (hopefully) platinum this!

+ onslaughtree on August 19th, 2011 at 6:40 pm said:

Good list. Like someone else said, that 10.000 kill trophy is a pain in the a$$.
Looking forward to R3, loved 1, loved the hell out of 2 ( great multiplayer ), and 3 looks sooo bad a$$.

+ Zinacef on August 19th, 2011 at 7:15 pm said:

Oh it’s on! Superhuman trophy here I come!

+ laZardo on August 19th, 2011 at 7:16 pm said:

Will there be a bonus for Home or something with the Platinum trophy?

+ bestplayer562 on August 19th, 2011 at 7:24 pm said:

i hope Resistance3 trophies dont get glitched

+ Butters360 on August 19th, 2011 at 7:41 pm said:

Awesome Trophy list and the Firefly reference for being rewarded with a Platinum Trophy is DEAD on :)

+ buenabena3 on August 19th, 2011 at 7:47 pm said:

mmm.. i love the sound of a trophy unlock thats the only thing it keeps me going strong.

+ zzamaro on August 19th, 2011 at 8:15 pm said:

Can I get R3 for free?

+ OniJsan on August 19th, 2011 at 8:26 pm said:

Oh thank the heavens there is no kill 10,000 enemies trophy in this game.. Confirmed purchase from me.
Adding another Platinum to my over 100 plats list :3

+ JiSo_TrEyE on August 19th, 2011 at 10:17 pm said:

Very exciting

+ Dessron on August 19th, 2011 at 11:45 pm said:

Wow, you finally understood that 10 000 online kills is not a great trophy idea or you forgot to include it (this one is still preventing me from getting the Resistance 2 platinum)

+ TOLERABLENAUSEA on August 20th, 2011 at 12:15 am said:

thats awesome! i have mixed emotions about the online trophies! they were hard on r2 but pretty rewarding when u finally got them! hope the online co op is as fun!

+ M0nk3yJ3rky on August 20th, 2011 at 3:23 am said:

“Why don’t you celebrate by working with your co-op partner to take down 100 Chimera together? That’s at least 20 percent cooler than taking them down alone.”
Awesome Pony reference by the way!

+ PAGamer on August 20th, 2011 at 3:37 am said:

Wow, I knew the game passed through Pennsylvania (Roops! trophy, Mt. Pleasant, PA, SE of Pittsburgh), but the trophy “One Eyed Jack” is at a prison located in Schwenksville, PA…which is about 15 minutes from my home on roads I travel often. I am truly excited to see if the terrain matches the “real world”…very cool….Pre-ordered for months now….

+ BOSTONJOHN32 on August 20th, 2011 at 6:42 am said:

nothing but net? santa? woweee this brings a fun/creative edge to the trophies.

as much as i love getting the old “500 head shot’s” type trophies , its just makes the game funner when a twist is added into getting them. so instead of just looking at the corner of the screen “ding” blah, its like “ding” w/ a smile on my face.. nothing but net,lol.. cant wait.. already have the necklace , all i need now is the game :)

deus ex augmented edition will keep me busy in the meantime ( 3 days and a wake up for that gem)

+ TheRazor375 on August 20th, 2011 at 8:17 am said:

I beat Resistance 2 on Superhuman and got the OMGWTFBBQ trophy lol. It was also easy as pie most of the levels I got through with 1 life.

Are you actually saying a challenger has appeared? Challenge Accepted!

+ Ramza_x on August 20th, 2011 at 9:47 am said:

Every new piece of info that comes out, makes me that much more excited about the game. I’m a huge fan of the series and would have bought this game regardless but when they announced that the weapon wheel was back, I just knew that R3 was bringing the franchise back to greatness.
Now to find out that there are no online trophies makes me extremely happy. It sucks when a game comes out with online multi player trophies because I feel like I’m being forced to play online. Not every person that plays FPS’s wants to play MP and its a nice break from that pressure. Not that I’m not playing multi player in R3 cause I am. Resistance is one of the few FPS’s that I actually want to play online and R3′s multi player looks like it will be the best the series has ever offered.
Thank you Insomniac for getting back to the things that make Insomniac games so amazing to play and thanks for not trying to make R3 like every other shooter on the market like you did with R2 cause it really hurt the franchise IMO.

+ Hard_CORE_Gmr on August 20th, 2011 at 9:52 am said:

Thanks soooooooo much for not adding silly multiplayer trophies to an experience that is supposed to be rooted in an awesome SINGLE player experience. It means that the focus will be solely on the actual game rather than the attached multiplayer. Good job

+ Kamikaze_Mexican on August 20th, 2011 at 9:59 am said:

OMFG O_O!!!!!…… better watch that cat video now ….. XD

+ SaDyStiC on August 20th, 2011 at 11:33 am said:

apparently i am one of the VERY VERY VERY VERY few people who actually love resistance’s take on multiplayer gaming. i only got 8 platinums and resistance 2 is one of em. and if it werent for that glitch on the 10k trophy (i think it was 10k) i woulda got it sooner. i love the resistance series and am quite dissappointed in the fact that you have 0 competitive trophies but i UNDERSTAND why now looking at these comments. as for the people complaining about the trophy types (i.e. bronze silver etc) really? thats what you gripe about? too many bronzes? if you dont want any multiplayer trophies b happy with a million bronzes. i love this franchise and for those of u who still havent started up a GLOBAL RESISTANCE account ive gotten 3 exclusive R3 MP SKINS and 2K XP the second i log on. worth the time.

+ KILLO31 on August 20th, 2011 at 11:46 am said:

ALL HAIL THE “BWING” also just plated infamouse 1 it drove me nuts damn rockhound.

+ moneyman1852 on August 20th, 2011 at 11:50 am said:

fer all ye winers bout cross game chat

+ mastorofpuppetz on August 20th, 2011 at 5:51 pm said:

@ 3, LMAO, where else should ram go if not games? Who is the idiot?

+ Gray_Fox_Leader on August 21st, 2011 at 9:24 am said:

It makes me sad to have no mutiplayer trophies, I spent months on R2 even a hole year on RFOM i was looking foward to a long online play and btw i enoyed getting the 10k trophy, best platinum i got and i still want a speical edtion for R3

+ Gray_Fox_Leader on August 21st, 2011 at 9:31 am said:

i wish the trophies where harder to collect i think i will plat in a weekend of play ;-(

+ TheFirstEvil on August 22nd, 2011 at 1:49 am said:

Very good list. No crazy trophies! It’s a miracle, haha.

+ Red_Guy2 on August 22nd, 2011 at 8:02 am said:

Nice info sony I’ll pick up resistance 3 in the upcoming months.

+ an-inFamous1337 on August 22nd, 2011 at 11:43 am said:

I took an overview of the list as i don’t want to spoil anything for myself.

+ FoxMan250 on August 24th, 2011 at 1:02 am said:

BWING IT ON!

Oh… its already bween bwotten!

+ endemoniados on September 13th, 2011 at 2:02 pm said: