PS4 - Destiny

The Games of gamescom: PAYDAY: The Heist – Your Partners in Crime

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Aug 19, 2011 // Sr. Social Media Manager

Sony Online Entertainment’s PSN publishing division is really on fire. As announced yesterday, Rochard, Sideway: New York, and PAYDAY: The Heist are all coming to the PlayStation Network on consecutive weeks this fall. Earlier today, I had the pleasure of a walkthrough of PAYDAY: The Heist with developer Overkill Software.

Here, creative director Simon Viklund explains PAYDAY’s level-up system and customization, and the importance of co-operation in a heist.

Of note: these missions are pretty lengthy. My World Bank playthrough took 28 minutes to complete, though it was with first-timers. Viklund estimates between 15 and 30 minutes of gameplay per playthrough of each of PAYDAY’s six missions.

PAYDAY: The Heist will be available for download on PSN this October 4th for $19.99. That price drops to ZERO if you purchase the rest of the PSN Play lineup. Click here for more info.

PAGE 1 2

+ TomHoang on August 19th, 2011 at 12:37 pm said:

This game looks great.

+ kaa_BOOmmmMMm on August 19th, 2011 at 12:39 pm said:

price 2 high for a PSN game.

+ perrandy on August 19th, 2011 at 12:42 pm said:

nice t-shirt there jeff.what does the kanji says?ah germany the land of beer,good looking women and hot sausages XD

+ Attila57 on August 19th, 2011 at 12:48 pm said:

This game looks awesome, can’t wait for this one!

+ xX-andoid-Xx on August 19th, 2011 at 12:58 pm said:

can you pre-order this game in SEPT?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on August 21st, 2011 at 9:51 am said:

I believe you can pre-order it now…

+ VixDiesel on August 19th, 2011 at 1:07 pm said:

I’m intrigued. Demo?

+ Ageguyera21 on August 19th, 2011 at 1:09 pm said:

@3 It says Playstation. Sony sent me one of those shirts.

+ ICU-KILLA on August 19th, 2011 at 1:14 pm said:

TO. perrandy the shirt says PlayStation in Japaneses you would have got one if you did the reward program beta for the PSN anyway the game is looking good will buy day one for me also the price is fine if you got the PSN+ you get a discount on it anyways. Jeff keep the news coming doing great job.

+ spatsnaz on August 19th, 2011 at 1:17 pm said:

It’s like a reverse SWAT 4. Looks fun.

+ ICU-KILLA on August 19th, 2011 at 1:18 pm said:

Jeff Is it going to be Move compatible?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on August 21st, 2011 at 9:51 am said:

It does not appear to be the case.

+ Emerald_Swords on August 19th, 2011 at 1:18 pm said:

Will this have sharpshooter compatability?

+ DuoMaxwell007 on August 19th, 2011 at 1:30 pm said:

@2 under siege was 20 bucks too…. 20 bucks tells me payday will at least have a platinum trophy….

+ mcbuttz78 on August 19th, 2011 at 1:32 pm said:

u know if this guy make alot krazy type of mask like cow head. , dead presidents.. pop singers etc etc. he could have alot money rolling in..

+ Apocwhen on August 19th, 2011 at 1:36 pm said:

Looks like a PS2 game.

+ perrandy on August 19th, 2011 at 1:38 pm said:

@icu-killa i was a member of the rewards program and i never received the T-shirt.good for you guys that did tho :)
btw,thank you for the translation to you and the guy before you :)

+ JoeTheBeast16 on August 19th, 2011 at 1:39 pm said:

I’m extremely excited for this game, I’ve already preordered all of PLAY so i can have this one for free! :]
But! i have a quick question/request for just the blog itself.
Is there any way that you guys can optimize it for viewing on our ps3′s? because i prefer to look at it on my ps3, but i can’t watch the videos anymore (just get the audio), and i’m unable to log in and comment with my ps3.
But yeah, Love this game, And i hope that come out with add-ons after it’s released, and keep it supported.

+ DuoMaxwell007 on August 19th, 2011 at 1:39 pm said:

@14 ive yet to see a psn title that DIDNT look like a ps2 game

+ kivi95 on August 19th, 2011 at 1:44 pm said:

2# This is almost as a full retail and geez just look at it!! It really looks like this will be hours of fun :), Who cares if the graphics are not top class if the game is loads of fun?

+ monkeypirate on August 19th, 2011 at 1:47 pm said:

Jeff, why aren’t you the global face for Social Playstation stuff? Every time I see a video/post with you on it I feel like it’s gonna be a good one, and it always is. I’m from the UK and check both the EU and US blog daily, not that the EU guys do a bad job but I just enjoy your videos/post a little more, it’s just that you’re a little more welcoming! All in all I hope Sony pay you and everyone else on the blog good bucks for the great work you all do.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on August 21st, 2011 at 9:53 am said:

I appreciate the sentiment! We’ve got a bigger staff than EU, so we do tend to post a bit more. They do a good job though, I think.

+ Apocwhen on August 19th, 2011 at 1:51 pm said:

@17 – Journey

+ G__ROW on August 19th, 2011 at 2:08 pm said:

@perrandy it says Playstation, and its written in Katakana not Kanji.

The game looks like fun :)

+ KwietStorm on August 19th, 2011 at 2:13 pm said:

I have that T shirt. I like the idea of pre-selecting upgrades before you actually level up. Nice streamline idea.

+ KIT-_-KAT on August 19th, 2011 at 2:14 pm said:

Offline split-screen????

+ lisatsunami on August 19th, 2011 at 2:29 pm said:

Actually it says “Pu lei ee su ta….” & then I can’t see the rest because of the microphone. kanji are the adapted Chinese characters used in Japanese writing. Katakana is used for phonetic spelling of English & I assume other nonJapanese languages. There is a third component to the Japanese alphabet, making it all so hard it’s no wonder I was too dumb to learn.

But never mind that; I was in PS Rewards. Where’s my t shirt, d*mmit!

+ perrandy on August 19th, 2011 at 2:30 pm said:

@G_row thats true it is katakana.somehow i mistook it for kanji,thank you for the correction :)

+ G__ROW on August 19th, 2011 at 2:35 pm said:

@lisatsunami third one you are thinking of is Hirigana

+ G__ROW on August 19th, 2011 at 2:36 pm said:

Hiragana :P

+ WelmoscaBR on August 19th, 2011 at 2:52 pm said:

This game looks awesome I’ll get fa sho…but here go 2 questions:will we have a demo?..and will have platinum?

+ jkuc75sj on August 19th, 2011 at 3:11 pm said:

The HD collections sell for $20 a game, so its fine if this is $20

+ SoleAddict23 on August 19th, 2011 at 3:35 pm said:

Does this game support four player offline and online co op?

+ wolfzero1 on August 19th, 2011 at 4:05 pm said:

looks interesting, hopefully there will be a demo for, although with the many games that are coming out around then, I probably won’t have anytime to check it out

+ DZORMAGEN on August 19th, 2011 at 4:15 pm said:

I get this game for FREE :)

+ Type-F- on August 19th, 2011 at 6:23 pm said:

I got that shirt too! Thanks to Sony for sending me it :D

+ emiru69 on August 19th, 2011 at 6:25 pm said:

Is there a Val Kilmer skin in this game? ^_^

+ DazeOfWar on August 19th, 2011 at 7:01 pm said:

Looks awesome and fun as hell. Can’t wait to get it.

+ Plecko on August 19th, 2011 at 7:21 pm said:

Looks bad ass, might get it, would be great if there was demo to try it out

+ CHELEKLK24 on August 19th, 2011 at 7:36 pm said:

dominican in the house pay day look nice i am getting this game TU LO AVE

+ marlyt on August 19th, 2011 at 9:37 pm said:

Jeff I got that same shirt for doing rewards beta. Are there any left in an XL size> Large just isn’t big enough to contain my 12-pack. Yeah I’ll be waiting for that in the mail…

From what I’ve seen of Payday it looks cool but it seemed like nobody in the trailer knew what was going on. There was a lot of standing around going on. Basic question being, is a headset essentially required to play co-op effectively or can we just wing it. I know a headset is better, I just can’t take the f-bombing CONSTANTLY that unfortunately comes with every single online affair these days. Something needs to be done with accounts that get reported soon cuz I’m ready to bail altogether.

+ MadMeat001 on August 19th, 2011 at 10:29 pm said:

Are there interactive funny stuff in the PayDay Game? can we spray?

+ Nazfera2 on August 20th, 2011 at 5:53 am said:

i participated in every beta sony has ever thrown on me.
specially the rewards program… and i never got that shirt. :((

+ BOSTONJOHN32 on August 20th, 2011 at 6:44 am said:

looking forward to squeezing this in w/ the launches that are due to come out..

nice

+ KilvasKills on August 20th, 2011 at 8:43 am said:

“the rewards program… and i never got that shirt. :((”
I was looking forward to the shirt as well, but they sent me a shirt that was 5 times my size lol

+ marlyt on August 20th, 2011 at 9:45 am said:

@ KilvasKills

Wanna trade???

+ marlyt on August 20th, 2011 at 9:47 am said:

@ 39
Spray what? Are you part skunk?

+ SMOKINACESFB on August 20th, 2011 at 10:22 am said:

looks awesome just like the movie point break die hard cant wait to play it only 20$ dollars to must have for me

+ Rorek_IronBlood on August 20th, 2011 at 10:38 am said:

It’s funny that people would bring up the katakana – “PlayStation” – shirt that was given out to those whom were members of the beta rewards program. It’s sad that not everyone got one. I got mine though, and where it every week atleast once (hey, I’m a guy what did you expect?)

Personally it’s fun to walk around wearing very limited stuff like that (at times.) However, you have to remember it is just a t-shirt and could have been something much cooler (even by t-shirt standards.) It’s a shame the rewards program was shelved just before launch. I’ve heard several reasons why and other whom have theories as to why. It’s a game really of “he said; she said.” Unfortunetly.

+ Rorek_IronBlood on August 20th, 2011 at 10:44 am said:

Damn. I mean to say “wear”. I wear it atleast once every week. Sometimes I have no idea where my mind is.

+ poodude on August 20th, 2011 at 11:41 am said:

Looks nice. I won’t be getting it for free but it looks well worth $20.

+ Starkiller133 on August 20th, 2011 at 12:42 pm said:

They way the objects blows through the wall reminds me of Left 4 Dead.

+ Starkiller133 on August 20th, 2011 at 12:43 pm said: