Far Cry 4

The Drop: Week of August 22nd 2011 New Releases

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar + Posted by Rey Gutierrez on Aug 21, 2011 // Senior Social Media Specialist

Jeff and I have returned from the land of Kölsch with more PlayStation gaming coverage from gamescom coming up this week. I’m happy to see our current updates, with the help from James Gallagher, have proven to be a real hit with the PS nation and fans of gaming. With the PS3 price drop and the announcement of (even more) unique and exclusive titles only found on PS Vita, our momentum continues to deliver on all cylinders.

Speaking of momentum, The Drop this week brings Deus Ex: Human Revolution fresh off the cybernetic enhancing lab and right into your PS3. A highly demanded and classic fan favorite arrives on PSN; with a parasitic thirst on the eve of this PSone sequel. Including a quadruple dose of demos and double-combo of minis, this week’s The Drop will ale your summer woes.

PlayStation 3

Deus Ex: Human Revolution — To save his life, the fundamental choice of whether or not to become augmented with cybernetics has been removed from Adam Jensen’s life. Driven by the conviction of never having a choice taken from him again and using his newfound power, his need for answers will unravel the truth behind a conspiracy rooted in the foundation of the world around him as it incites a new revolution.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution follows up on the critically acclaimed Deus EX and Deus Ex: Invisible War as the the third game in the strategic sci-fi action series. When a black ops team breaks in and kills the scientists Adam were hired to protect as a guard of one of America’s most experimental biotechnology firms, everything you thought you knew about your job changes. At a time when scientific advancements are routinely turning athletes, soldiers and spies into super-enhanced beings, someone is working very hard to ensure mankind’s evolution follows a particular path. You need to discover why — because the decisions you take and the choices you make will be the only things that can determine mankind’s future. (Read all of our PS.Blog coverage)

PlayStation Network

Street Fighter 3: Third Strike — The Street Fighter series has long been the measuring stick by which other fighters are measured, and Street Fighter III: Third Strike set a new standard with its amazingly technical fighting style and bold, fluid 2D artwork. 19 determined warriors of varying styles prove their skills in combat. Each fighter has their own reasons for entering the tournament, testing their skills against the greatest martial artists the world has ever seen. Choose your favorite warrior, mastering a huge number of moves and combos. Your skills will be graded by the game’s built-in Grade Judge System, so it might be wise to enter the Practice mode or go one-on-one with a friend in Versus mode before you tackle the tournament. These fighters have developed skills so powerful, that by building up a super arts meter during the fight, they are unable to unleash devastating attacks and combos that will send opponents reeling!

Hamilton’s Great Adventure — Hamilton’s Great Adventure is a co-op puzzle adventure game from Fatshark. Take part in an amazing journey, guiding the splendiferous adventurer Ernest Hamilton and his brilliant bird Sasha as they co-operate to crack crafty conundrums and challenges! Progress through four unique and visually stunning environments. Delve into gameplay featuring both action puzzling and traditional problem solving. Immerse yourself into a fantastical storyline filled with extravagant escapades and memorable characters.

Comix Zone — A downloadable version of the 1995 Genesis/MegaDrive game. Sketch Turner is an artist in New York City. One day while Sketch is drawing, there is a huge thunderstorm and a bolt of lightning hits Sketch’s image, bringing it to life. That image is Mortus, a megalomaniac mutant who wants to become real and rule the earth. Mortus magically transports Sketch into the pages of his comic book so that he can end his creator’s life and become real. Inside the comic book, Sketch meets General Alissa Cyan, who believes he is a superhero that came to save their post-apocalyptic world from the evil brought by Mortus’ hand. Now Sketch must save the comic book world and get back to his own…

Demos

• Warhammer 40,000 Space Marine
  • Bodycount
  • NHL 12
  • Hamilton’s Great Adventure

minis

• Fighting Fantasy: Talisman of Death
  • Hysteria Project 2

PSone Classic

Parasite Eve II – Three years after “the event” in New York, Aya Brea has joined the FBI to help control the threat of another mitochondria outbreak. After encountering several Neo Mitochondrial Creatures (NMCs) in a Los Angeles office building, Aya starts on an investigation into the source of the situation. She will have to travel to a variety of locations and fight dozens of NMCs that don’t want her to discover the truth behind their existence. Luckily, Aya is trained in the use of several weapons including pistols, rifles, and machine guns. But when things get a little too hairy, she can call on the power of her own mitochondria and pull off special attacks or heal wounds. Your performance throughout the game determines which of the multiple ending you will get to see. It’s up to you to try to keep the mitochondria in check with PARASITE EVE II.

[Editor’s Note: The following dates are subject to change. Game details are gathered from Press Releases from their individual publishers and/or ESRB rating descriptions.]

149 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3

+ Snowywhitewolf94 on August 21st, 2011 at 3:04 pm said:

Parasite Eve 2 Yea!!!!! :)

+ CoheedAnd on August 21st, 2011 at 3:05 pm said:

Hey Rey,
Was wondering if there is any new coming out any time soon about
Dungeons & Dragons: Daggerdale and Dungeon Defenders??
There is no release date for either one and dungeons and dragons was suposed to come out for ps3 and few months back, what ever happened to that??

+ ROSSONERO_8791 on August 21st, 2011 at 3:06 pm said:

Finally Parasite Eve 2!!!! Still haven’t played the first one but I already purchased it. =D

+ Sonicfan11589 on August 21st, 2011 at 3:06 pm said:

I know that Parasite Eve II is $5.99 but REPLY here to confirm this. I’ve heard this via Amazon.com

+ SpiritThief on August 21st, 2011 at 3:06 pm said:

Nice. Good PS1 classic this week too.

+ ROSSONERO_8791 on August 21st, 2011 at 3:07 pm said:

Any news on new stuff for PS+ members?

+ Sonicfan11589 on August 21st, 2011 at 3:10 pm said:

Also can u guys bundle Parasite Eve 1 and 2 together, MAYBE also with The 3rd Birthday, Halloween could be a good time or Xmas time since PE1 and 3rd Bday take place at Xmas time. Just an idea, this is good for people who have not bought this great series yet.

+ Tank_Baked on August 21st, 2011 at 3:11 pm said:

Resistance 3 Multiplayer Beta, Aug 23
Free Dynamic Theme: LittleBigPlanet “Sackboy on the Run”, Aug 23

+ prisoner4664 on August 21st, 2011 at 3:16 pm said:

Nice drop!

+ Sevyne on August 21st, 2011 at 3:17 pm said:

Finally Parasite Eve 2, but why oh why must it tease me by coming out the same day as Deus Ex?! I’ll be getting PE2 and SF, but I’ll be occupied with Deus Ex for a while.

+ LovesJapanManga on August 21st, 2011 at 3:21 pm said:

Will we see any upcoming demo(s) for BLOCKBUSTER GAMES such as White Knight Chronicles II, Batman: Arkham City, Dark Souls, Elders Scroll: Skyrim, Uncharted 3 and many more? I mean, they are HUGE TRIPLE AAA games, for goodness’ sake! Let me know if we will have that chance to play before making any decisions whether to purchase them or not? I know, of course, considering how they performed in the last series would prompt many fans like us to INSTANT PURCHASE ON DAY ONE! :-D

+ Robbie_G_lrish on August 21st, 2011 at 3:32 pm said:

Pretty decent drop. I’m not one of the people who have been asking for Parasite Eve 2 but it’s nice to see it there. This drop gets 4 out of 5 red squares from me.

+ DarkRecoil on August 21st, 2011 at 3:35 pm said:

I find if amusing and ironic that the near-future, technological marvel that is Dues Ex: Human Evolution, is not available digitally on PlayStation Network, and is instead consigned to the obsolete format that is optical media.

lol.

+ subadictos on August 21st, 2011 at 3:36 pm said:

Great update. Please, a question. Any news about PES2012 demo announced for this week???

+ Powerplay_Goal on August 21st, 2011 at 3:42 pm said:

Comix Zone, PEII AND 3rd Strike?!?!?!? Great drop man! How much is Comix Zone?

+ Realsvi on August 21st, 2011 at 3:42 pm said:

Woo, PE2 and Deus Ex the same day. Glad I’ve already replayed and beat PE1 and 3rd B-Day lol. Won’t have a too big a back log.

+ NeoPhantome on August 21st, 2011 at 3:44 pm said:

Parasite Eve II yay at last a good PS1 classic. I’ll get this one for sure !!!

+ DeathGazer on August 21st, 2011 at 3:45 pm said:

First good drop in weeks. Man, PSN has been depressing this summer.

+ daxter1100 on August 21st, 2011 at 3:45 pm said:

what about a jak and daxter hd collection for ps3

+ WilHiteWarrior on August 21st, 2011 at 3:47 pm said:

Woot! A good drop! XD
Now when does Wing Commander 3 come out? :)

+ Onvertic on August 21st, 2011 at 3:54 pm said:

Europe is going to have a playstation store PSP game sale this Wednesday, any idea if you guys are going to do one Rey?

+ Cagalli on August 21st, 2011 at 3:59 pm said:

Great update this week :)

+ Nepraos on August 21st, 2011 at 4:02 pm said:

Thanks for the info Rey.

Wow, SF:III 3rd Strike, Comix Zone and Parasite Eve 2? Triple threat week. I will be buying all three of these, for sure.

+ kitsune8899 on August 21st, 2011 at 4:04 pm said:

PARASITE EVE 2 YESSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now for Chrono Cross and Persona 2 :DD

+ enjionPS on August 21st, 2011 at 4:04 pm said:

About time with PE2, I don’t even like the damn game…. but no reason it should’ve taken this long.

+ DragonWolfJD on August 21st, 2011 at 4:05 pm said:

Meh just an ok update already have Street Fighter ordered outside of that nothing and even that I’m not overly excited about since it’s the worst of the series. This Holiday season will be rather dull too hopefully PSN will make up for it.

+ zzamaro on August 21st, 2011 at 4:05 pm said:

@17 Agreed. PE2 finally is coming but man, school starts tomorrow.

+ jeffsmither on August 21st, 2011 at 4:08 pm said:

whats the price of Hamilton’s Great Adventure. It sounds like my kind of game.

+ TuttiCicero on August 21st, 2011 at 4:13 pm said:

Wow.. finally a great drop! I’m going to be paying out my [DELETED] for the bandwidth I’ll be using this Tuesday;

Resistance 3 Beta
Assassins Creed Revelations Beta
NHL12 Demo
WH 40,000 Demo
Street Fighter 3: Third Strike..

I’m positive thats 10GB of downloading.. you guys could have spread it out a bit lol

+ jvasq on August 21st, 2011 at 4:17 pm said:

finally! so happy pe2 is here.

+ WCKidRock on August 21st, 2011 at 4:20 pm said:

Everyone says that the PSN updates have been crappy all summer….maybe that’s the reason is that most people are out enjoying summer and video games have always been slow for the summer. Compared to most years I think that this summer has been awesome! With the genesis collection coming out for PSN+ members a month early, the Resistance 3 and Assassins Creed Betas coming out…..and the list goes on. Thank you Sony for an enjoyable summer!

+ Powerplay_Goal on August 21st, 2011 at 4:24 pm said:

Great drop Rey, I look forward to buying a whole bunch from this one!

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on August 21st, 2011 at 4:28 pm said:

How come EU gets Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, Dead Space, Dead Space 2 PS3 Legacy titles and we don’t get anything?

+ T40Rs731N on August 21st, 2011 at 4:28 pm said:

Still Wanting FFIV Complete for PS3 AND wouldn’t mind some DragonQuest love?

+ NuM_Brrr_WoN on August 21st, 2011 at 4:29 pm said:

Hey I got a great new idea for the drop this week, how about a new update to the last PS+ update??? It still hasn’t worked for me as well as a few other people on my friends list. The new automatic update feature doesn’t even turn on. I thought it might just be the new save feature and auto-syncing my trophies, but it doesn’t even update my games or anything anymore as well, I’m having to update GT5 right now on my own because the auto-update didn’t work. Please fix this issue, I’m sure I’m not the only one having this problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ TomHoang on August 21st, 2011 at 4:36 pm said:

Wow, I was not expecting a Hysteria Project 2. The first one was interesting, but far from good. I might have to check this one out.

+ Digital-Big-Boss on August 21st, 2011 at 4:38 pm said:

Parasite Eve II, wow.

2 weeks of PSone games in a row, keep it up!

+ AJBS0NIC on August 21st, 2011 at 4:43 pm said:

I’m personally not into the Parasite Eve series, but I know *a lot* of people are and I’m happy they’re finally getting what they’ve wanted for way too long now.

+ KwietStorm on August 21st, 2011 at 4:43 pm said:

PSone classics Die Hard Trilogy, Soul Blade, MDK, Return Fire, Tenchu. Thanks.

+ perrandy on August 21st, 2011 at 4:44 pm said:

no parasite eve for me and no more psone games either. because the other day i downloaded breath of fire 4 and it sucked!

the graphics were outdated along with everything else.so, from now on its going to be either ps2 games or current gen games from retail or psn :0

+ Apollo4x on August 21st, 2011 at 4:49 pm said:

Woot Woot finally Parasite Eve 2. Now all we have to do is wait till Tuesday for the Parasite goodness to drop, and I am sure every one would agree that is one parasite we don’t mind getting (minus the mutating into grotesque monsters).

+ Apollo4x on August 21st, 2011 at 4:53 pm said:

@37

You do realise that the PS one classics that they post aren’t remakes of the originals right? They are simply where Sony gains the right to put them on the PSN from the companies that made them and then they just port the game over to the PSN. Did you ever own or play a Playstation One? If you are complaining about the graphics of the games for the PS one classics then I am assuming that no you did own one and that no you did no that the PS one classics were just ports to the PSN of the old game no enhancements or upgrades. Any one else have anything else to say to this one? X(

+ rabidninjamonky on August 21st, 2011 at 4:54 pm said:

This is the best drop in quite awhile. I’m not interested in PE2 but hopefully FF6 or dragon quest 7 will be coming shortly. I”m not sure why Dragon quest/warrior never caught on in the U.S, but Dragon Quest 8 is one of my favorite RPG’s ever. Maybe releasing them on the store would help them find a new audience. That way we can Finally get a true next gen turn based rpg. I would love to see dragon quest 10 on PS3 or at least DQ9 ported to psn.

+ Apollo4x on August 21st, 2011 at 4:55 pm said:

@32

I’m glad I am not the only one who is having probs with the auto update feature.

+ DuoMaxwell007 on August 21st, 2011 at 5:01 pm said:

question about street fighter 3… how do the preorders work? will we get it on midnight tuesday if we preorederd it or would we still have to wait until the store updated?

+ Squall1979 on August 21st, 2011 at 5:12 pm said:

Finally…Parasite Eve 2!!! Couldn’t be happier!!

+ rabidninjamonky on August 21st, 2011 at 5:14 pm said:

I so disagree with perrandy. I also got BOF4 and I love it. I think the 2d sprites hold up way better than the ugly 3d polygonal stuff.

+ NEXUSPRIME007 on August 21st, 2011 at 5:16 pm said:

Another week, another PS1 re-release. Let’s hope this is an ongoing trend.

+ gabe_209 on August 21st, 2011 at 5:20 pm said:

Pretty nice update, but they need to release more and better PS1 classics and more often too! Games like Intelligent Qube, Brave Fencer Musashi, or even Jersey Devil, now thats a classic! Other than that, waiting for the PS3 releases of Disgaea 4 and Ico & Shadow of the Collosus HD Remake (:

+ TarzanSr on August 21st, 2011 at 5:22 pm said:

A nice PS1 and two nice minis (I guess) but a slow week for PSP owners :(.

PAGE 1 2 3