Days Gone

Aug 22

Aug 22

Devil May Cry: Dante’s Vertical Slice

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar Posted by Senior Social Media Specialist

Last year, Capcom and Ninja Theory revealed their re-imagining of Devil May Cry (now known as “DmC”) at the 2010 Tokyo Game Show. The response to Dante’s makeover and new look to the universe was split between adoration and outright confusion, with fans questioning the new look and fighting style of protagonist Dante.

Heading into gamescom, I received word that Creative Director Tameem Antoniades wanted to discuss DmC’s progress and indulge me in Dante’s new found love for aerial combat. After being reunited with Tameem and Dante, I’m left crying for more.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3

buenabena3 said:

August 22nd, 3:08 pm

will the game have that rock role music in the background

akab211 said:

August 22nd, 3:10 pm

The new dmc actually looks awesome!

Mister-Nep said:

August 22nd, 3:13 pm

This is seriously not gonna get cancelled is it? Megaman Legends gets canned in a heartbeat, bu this doesn’t?

spideyal said:

August 22nd, 3:14 pm

Absolutely stoked for this game. It’d be nice if we could get some sort of release date, or something like “Spring 2012” or something of that sort. But yeah, it’s been on my wishlist since it was announced, and it’ll stay that way as long as Ninja Theory holds to their guns.

stlthriot said:

August 22nd, 3:15 pm

I think there is a lot of potential here! I’m excited to see where things go! =)
And, the team at Ninja Theory will do a great job, i’m sure of it!

DragonWolfJD said:

August 22nd, 3:15 pm

@3 Your not the only one who wishes it would can’t stand Ninja Theory horrible horrible developer.

Link01 said:

August 22nd, 3:16 pm

Just change the character model for Dante, for the love of god…. the game looks great, but change em

RE_Player said:

August 22nd, 3:16 pm

Insert comment on how this game with suck purely due to Dante’s new look… Seriously Devil May Cry fans are the worst. Looking forward to the game as I have been a big fan of Ninja Theory.

RE_Player said:

August 22nd, 3:17 pm

*Edit: will suck.

sesyjon said:

August 22nd, 3:18 pm

Dude….The Hair style of the guy in the right look almost the same as Dante…

SlaughteredNinja said:

August 22nd, 3:19 pm

I don’t care what anyone says: THIS STILL ISN’T DANTE!!!

Setsuna-Qant said:

August 22nd, 3:20 pm

@3

.. are you serious? Granted, I’m not very excited for this DmC at all since.. well it’s Ninja Theory; that’s all that really needs to be said.

MML3 wasn’t green-lit even for a prototype. MML3 was all up to the fans. 10k people doesn’t make for good profit.

Take your *****ing somewhere else.

LilWayneSuckz said:

August 22nd, 3:24 pm

Why is Ninja Theory using Unreal Engine III for this game? Surely the performance on the PS3 will suffer since that engine was optimized for the PC & 360.

I think Sony should have acquired them, they have SOME potential to be found somewhere, their game worlds are beautiful but their combat systems need work.

Zeer0id said:

August 22nd, 3:27 pm

This game is just looking better and better. The art direction is spectacular! The combat looks really fun. And I LOVE dynamic music systems!

jonathan_val said:

August 22nd, 3:27 pm

This party is getting Crazy ! Let’s Rock !!!

BlowII said:

August 22nd, 3:29 pm

please re-design dante this is so pathetic

MORGANTE10 said:

August 22nd, 3:34 pm

Is anyone have problems staying logged on to the PS network today.

Type-F- said:

August 22nd, 3:37 pm

Hmmm holding the ps mic with the mighty Tri-Force from Zelda. Meh at least better than the other hand that promotes Apple. Standing on the left side holding the ps mic with the left hand showing the PS button would be way better though =)

TomHoang said:

August 22nd, 3:44 pm

Hurry up and finish this game Ninja Theory, then get back to Sony on Heavenly Sword 2!

ZERBE0643 said:

August 22nd, 3:46 pm

WTF did they do to Dante he looks like a Hot Topic employee on meth

aMenasa1 said:

August 22nd, 3:51 pm

damn the game looks good but they need to leave the old look of dante or make a DLC in near future putting the old dante back

Moonglare said:

August 22nd, 3:57 pm

This is gonna be GOOD, although Dante’s design is pretty lame..

zzamaro said:

August 22nd, 4:00 pm

lol @ the triforce tatto from zelda

SiloEyes said:

August 22nd, 4:04 pm

Looks like more garbage, hope this is the final nail in the coffin for Ninja Theory. Sucks that we’ll probably never see another true Devil May Cry game, or Dante for that matter. Here’s waiting for Bayonetta 2 at least, from a developer that knows over the top and stylish action.

SonnyD said:

August 22nd, 4:10 pm

This game is going to suck real bad. Everyone but optimistic idiots are hating this game before release.

soldiercell said:

August 22nd, 4:11 pm

devil may cry has always sucked! This looks great though!

SonnyD said:

August 22nd, 4:16 pm

This does not look great. It looks like total crap.

KeatonFoxx said:

August 22nd, 4:16 pm

The game looks alright, but like the other DMC fans, his look bothers me…ESPECIALLY WHEN IT WAS DIRECTLY ALTERED TO LOOK LIKE THE GUY DEVELOPING IT!…I hope it’s good…

KeatonFoxx said:

August 22nd, 4:17 pm

My Bad, it’s not the developer it’s made to look like, it’s one of the studio heads

FetusZero said:

August 22nd, 4:20 pm

This new Dante still looks like absolute crap, no matter how useless of an argument some people may think it is. Not only that, but Dante is now half-demon, half-angel.. the hell did that ever even come from? Where did the half-human half-demon part go?

Now I admit that this game may hold some potential if you forget DMC ever existed, but I wish developers/publishers would start entirely new IPs with their ideas instead of doing makeovers that destroys what we’ve come to know about a franchise that was already established.

SonnyD said:

August 22nd, 4:22 pm

Thank you, FetusZero. You hit the nail on the coffin. I blame both Capcom and Ninja Theory for this abomination; this will bomb in sales.

Berae said:

August 22nd, 4:32 pm

It looks… very basic. Not something im looking forward to.

PainOfSarrow said:

August 22nd, 4:36 pm

damnnnnnn this looks like the worst of the series, no wonder this post got lowwww ratings.

Bonventre said:

August 22nd, 4:46 pm

this looks like it should be on the PS2 i wouldn’t buy this. I would much rather play god of war 3 or dantes inferno

CrowDieSlow said:

August 22nd, 4:58 pm

It’s useless for you people to keep crying over the redesign. Take off the nostalgia goggles and you would see that it’s shaping up to be a great game. Not the DMC we’re all used to, but still a decent game

mystikalguy said:

August 22nd, 5:00 pm

DmF…Devil May Fail

jpbaka said:

August 22nd, 5:00 pm

I don’t know who’s more laughably goofy looking… the new Dante or the guys in the video interview.

PHS_xAN1NOx said:

August 22nd, 5:02 pm

It’s simple really, the whole story of the ORIGINAL DMC series was already pure awesomeness. We had badass Dante, badass Virgil, badass and hot Trish, badass and hot Lady, not to mention the badass Demon Trigger, badass bosses, badass soundtrack, oh and did I mention badass story? Now we have this…Feels like it’s just going to be another hack and slash reboot. Don’t get me wrong, gameplay looks great, but I see no hype for story or anything else.

Also, for those new people bashing on the TRUE DMC fans, I take offense on that, therefore I have the right to call
you guys bandwagon fans c:

There’s a difference with being a real DMC fan and being a recent DmC fan.

Just like how there’s a difference between SOCOM fans and SOCOM 4 fans. (Cause I’m still hurt with what Zipper did.)

PHS_xAN1NOx said:

August 22nd, 5:09 pm

Oh and sorry for the double post but…

WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY GONNA DO ABOUT VIRGIL??
(As well as Trish and Lady.)

Virgil was part of DMC don’t tell me they’re gonna erase him?? I mean, here’s to hoping that the story for this is connected to the original series, which I highly doubt now cause of this whole half-angel, half- demon crap (Dante is the Son of Sparda for crying out loud wth???).

And here is to hoping that this stays as a project and never get to see a sequel ~_~.

RANT END.

Zezzler said:

August 22nd, 5:17 pm

Honestly, coming from a DMC fan, people need to get over the Dante redesign. it’s not that big of a deal. Wishing for a game to be cancelled is just so immature. You are essentially wishing for group of people to loose millions of dollars, and tons of people their jobs. Criticism is one thing, but there is a point where you just need to shut up.

NEJI64 said:

August 22nd, 5:19 pm

@FetusZero I don’t know where you got that Dante is half demon and half angel in this DmC from. But you clearly didn’t get from this video, He said “you got like a angel and demon ability”. Next time pay attention and stop being butt hurt about Dante’s new look.

Heavenly_king said:

August 22nd, 5:22 pm

“He’s not emo – he’s never been emo! – he’s just so disaffected and disassociated with society that he just doesn’t give a poo about it.”

Actually, that’s the definition of emo.

TATEEM => EMO.

bakerarmy said:

August 22nd, 5:25 pm

Pass….better off just giving this a new name. I have yet to hear anything positive about this game.

I loved Enslaved

Enigma777 said:

August 22nd, 5:32 pm

The more I see of this game, the angrier I get…

thunderbear said:

August 22nd, 5:39 pm

I think it looks awesome and it was a great interview. The layers of sound sounds really interesting!

NoGodsOnlyMan said:

August 22nd, 5:40 pm

the potential is there

Dantes look is a total mess

the new dante looks more like a Junkie

r-nice said:

August 22nd, 5:50 pm

Will he have a sword and guns?

Heavenly_king said:

August 22nd, 6:01 pm

@40: Do your homework, search the web and you will see that Dante in this game is half demon, half Angel.

Shogunkyo said:

August 22nd, 6:02 pm

old dante looks better!!

D-Meat said:

August 22nd, 6:16 pm

i don’t think the new Dante is all that bad. u can clearly see that he has changed with in the last couple of trailers what i don’t like is that he is now suppose to be half angel and half demon. that alone changes the game. i personally would have just change the character completely. it would have been more interesting that way.

PAGE 1 2 3