PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition Hadokens PSN Today

Vince Tran's Avatar + Posted by Vince Tran on Aug 23, 2011 // Marketing Lead, Capcom

Today is the day that fighting game fans from around the world have been waiting for — Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition is about to go live on the PlayStation Store! We are super excited to be bringing what gaming websites have been calling a piece of fighting game history to all of you to enjoy. For those of you who haven’t seen this game in action, check out the launch trailer below.

One of the deepest and most sophisticated fighting games of all time, Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition maintains an arcade-perfect experience while including additional features such as updated graphics, a deep online experience, and a new challenge system that encourages players to push themselves and reap rewards for accomplishments that go far beyond mere wins and losses.

Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition will be available to download later today on PlayStation Network for $14.99. Check out a sampling of reviews Third Strike has been getting:

“The best Street Fighter game to be released on the downloadable market yet. It’s the same game many of you have been playing for the last 12 years, only improved in every area”
IGN – 9/10

“It’s my opinion that this is the single most compelling and well-balanced roster in a Street Fighter title to date”
Destructoid – 9/10

“A fantastic fighting game given new life in an example of a re-release crafted to perfection… it will kick your arse and make your knuckles bleed”
ReadyUp – 9/10

“It’s your duty as a fighting game fan to pay homage to the game that gave us one of the greatest moments in fighting history and showed the masses what makes the genre so special”
1UP – A

“3rd Strike [is] one of the most technical and tactical fighting games ever… you owe it to yourself to play this classic”
NowGamer – 9.2/10

“Few would argue that it’s anything but the pinnacle of 2D competitive Street Fighter design”
EuroGamer – 9/10

Get hyped guys, because it’s time you realize that it’s the Third Strike that counts!

PAGE 1 2

+ ThurBurtman on August 23rd, 2011 at 1:32 pm said:

Haven’t played a Street Fighter game since I had a Sega Genesis.

Been too busy playing Tekken and Mortal Kombat

+ SaberAsura on August 23rd, 2011 at 1:34 pm said:

I love you Sony

+ ItaChu on August 23rd, 2011 at 1:37 pm said:

I was about to say UPDATE THE STORE ALREADY!!! ….then I open the store and its updated xD

+ PainOfSarrow on August 23rd, 2011 at 1:38 pm said:

i just hade an earthquake in my room sony. look on the news its all over, i should get this game free for the danger i just went through. glade my ps3 aint fall off the dresser…

+ mrfear818 on August 23rd, 2011 at 1:56 pm said:

@52 If you should get a free game for every time you had an earthquake… I would have dozens of free games from sony…. danger you went through… lmao…. california has an earthquake every other week.

+ Dcrazy204 on August 23rd, 2011 at 2:00 pm said:

Is feel nice to have this game on ps3,I already pre-order it so i just have to wait for later today for the store update to get it.But now im thinking when capcom going to make snk vs capcom 2 online hd remix edition,and street fighter alpha 3 online hd remix edition and few other top capcom game.Im expecting capcom to do a makeover of street fighter alpha 3 becuase the one that we got is only a ps port.I think the dreamcast version was far superior than the ps1 except for the dreamcast control.Imagine street fighter aphal 3 with hd and online support and so many other feature,is would be awesome.Also bring Power Stone double impact which would include power stone 1 and 2 plus extra feature.:D

+ LilBayArea on August 23rd, 2011 at 3:00 pm said:

It looks good, but is their custom music support ??

+ PainOfSarrow on August 23rd, 2011 at 3:37 pm said:

mrfear818 i was obviously being sarcastic, danger is danger regardless of numbers. **virtualy smacks you with ah caution of a dont know sarcasm sighn**

+ angelspawn77 on August 23rd, 2011 at 3:40 pm said:

Downloading this now!!! can’t wait to play it! Even bought a Chun li avatar, I’m READY!

+ T-Main21 on August 23rd, 2011 at 3:59 pm said:

Ugh! I’m stuck in class while everyone else is enjoying this awesome classic…. At least I have it pre-ordered.

+ Adean12-PR on August 23rd, 2011 at 4:33 pm said:

ok im going to be off topic in this one since im not getting this for a while so heres the thing WHEN WILL THEY ANNOUNCE AN OFFICIAL RELEASE DATE FOR STREET FIGHTER X TEKKEN? im crazy for that game oh and one more thing if i preorder street fighter x tekken i get the sf x t official fightstick for the price of the normal one without preorder or you have to preorder the specific edition of the game? (im new to preordering fight games) and i NEED a fightstick

+ NotoriousGamer on August 23rd, 2011 at 4:41 pm said:

Put up Tekken 3 on PSN.

+ Ayoo_Shaymin- on August 23rd, 2011 at 4:45 pm said:

Anyone wanna play sf3 with me ? Add me !

+ SHINSPIKES on August 23rd, 2011 at 7:51 pm said:

I don’t know what it is, but it doesn’t read most of my commands. I’ve played the arcade one heavily as well as the ps2 version, but in this version, I’m having trouble pulling offs moves. Its not until I slow down, then it reads. But if I put it in too fast, then it doesn’t come out. I don’t have this problem with SF4 and every other fighting game on the ps3 (blazblue, tekken, arcana heart, battle fantasia, MvC2, MvC3, ps1 fighters). I remember the timing and pace of SF3, but lots of things I’m doin aren’t coming out. And, I’ve tried different controllers of mines. Again, they work fine for all of my other games, but not this one.

+ WelmoscaBR on August 23rd, 2011 at 8:33 pm said:

yeeeeess…I’ll get with no doubt.

+ TehShingen on August 23rd, 2011 at 9:28 pm said:

I’m hoping they (that’d be Sony in this case, since it seems like this is some kind of youtube function that Sony programmed) improve the video quality for youtube uploads. As it stands now, it looks terrible.

+ mrfear818 on August 23rd, 2011 at 9:33 pm said:

@painofsarrow yes because im supposed to know sarcasm over the internet….?

+ triple_lei on August 23rd, 2011 at 9:49 pm said:

I’m with you, mrfear818. Never overestimate the intelligence of the average gamer. Remember all those whining procrastinators when they found out the Welcome Back package didn’t last forever? And Sony even extended that deadline. Now everyone’s gonna feel entitled to a free game after every little thing.

Anyhoo, I’ll wait for a sale or something, sorry. I bought MvC2 on sale because it’s a “must-have,” and I just couldn’t grasp that game. I doubt I’d fare any better with Third Strike.

What we really need is an HD remake of Hyper Street Fighter II. Isn’t half the work already done with SSF2T HD Remix?

+ comicfan007 on August 23rd, 2011 at 10:45 pm said:

Awesome !!!

+ IceSamurai on August 23rd, 2011 at 10:53 pm said:

2 things?

1) Song?

2)Will we see Vita or Move sport?

+ Emerald_Swords on August 23rd, 2011 at 10:58 pm said:

Very good game indeed, well worth it especially with the 20% discount.

+ jkuc75sj on August 24th, 2011 at 2:39 am said:

Nice wordplay, but I preferred Shoryuken

+ AntoineDoni on August 24th, 2011 at 3:37 am said:

What about European PSN ? THey haven’t updated the PSN store yet. I can’t get pad on the game! Help US!

+ rockinjs864 on August 24th, 2011 at 4:06 am said:

Thanks For The Demo Helped Me Save $11.99

+ mgsnull617 on August 24th, 2011 at 6:45 am said:

im getting marvel vs capcom ultimate insted…..you guys are 2…. so why waste ur dollars on this old title when you know the other game is better

+ mgsnull617 on August 24th, 2011 at 9:06 am said:

To anyone who doesnt know what DRM is should be very careful when purchasing a game…..like said previously its a data rights management……but you as a customer should know what that means……it means your game wont play offline and will only work online….because of the “rights management” part your game will be constantly watched by the “mothership” to see whos on and to verify the game belongs to you….Its the biggest SCAM out and people should be more aware of DRM especialy my fellow gamers and friends

+ j-freakzach on August 27th, 2011 at 8:01 pm said:

took 4ever to update the damn store……………….. what’s the point of a digital preorder if u hafta wait longer than midnite?

PAGE 1 2